• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I need to get back to being active in there. It's hard to with school and band and me trying to get a social life though. :( I'll come in there for a bit tonight though, since I skipped out on the jazz concert...why did i do that sob sob

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ya know, I revived The Ones That Got Away on the idea that there was a good bit of interest in it, but it keeps freezing up. From what I can tell, the old thread was one of the most successful threads in Challenges' history, so why is my version of it failing? Anybody got thoughts on this?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No clue, really. :( It just happens, I guess. Not to mention this time of year, most people are going back to school and all. I'll try to play during my free time soon and get an update in there for ya, but I've got a busy week ahead of me so idk. :<

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I'm in the middle of moving, and am really trying to beat Civ 5 right now, but I DID pick Trozei back up. I was really bad, which hurt me, because I got really good at that game. Need to keep playing so I don't lose any mad skillz.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Ya know, I revived The Ones That Got Away on the idea that there was a good bit of interest in it, but it keeps freezing up. From what I can tell, the old thread was one of the most successful threads in Challenges' history, so why is my version of it failing? Anybody got thoughts on this?

I barely get any time to play anymore xD I'm kinda focusing on my monotypes too atm, tbh xD gotta finish those before it's too late xD

11wildy

Me!
Years
It's time that's blocking me from playing too. all I'm doing is playing my diamond monoflying once in a awhile.

Just take your time, there's no pressure on doing challenges :).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Is everyone ready to revamp their challenges to suit XY players?!?! I have four challenges...

-runs off to the ocean and drowns- Too many things to update omg. At least I get to wait til February to update TCG. XY Base Set isn't out till then. Though technically, that challenge will update itself since I link to Bulbapedia's list of theme decks and sets and what not, so when they update, TCG challenge will be updated. ...That was easy.

11wildy

Me!
Years
My challenges never got popular, so nothing to update >.>

And if you ever think of drowning, we will all come and get you out of that ocean Syd, no worries^^

What will the first challenge be that you will do on XY, guys? For me it will definitely be a monotype. Probably fire or so :P.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
When I revamp the Favorite Challenge after I get Y, that'll be my first XY challenge. It should be around December. It all depends on when I get Y tbh, but I mean, that also gives everyone else a chance to get the game and play through for the first time (or on another challenge if they really wanted to).

Fairy monotypes are gonna be popular I'm sure. I plan on doing one in the future.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
TRAINER NATURE​

RULES
1) You aren't allowed to use hacks, unless your generated pokemon can't be obtained earlier in the game (please ask first if you're unsure). ROMs are allowed
2) Trades aren't allowed unless you are evolving a pokemon
3) You aren't allowed to breed your pokemon
4) You can have as many HM slaves as you want
5) Bold the second word of your post so that I know that you have read the rules
6) No matter what trainer nature you select, you must have a MINIMUM of 4 pokemon unless specified otherwise
7) You are not allowed to use legendary pokemon under any circumstances (unless necessary for the continuation of the main game such as pokemon Black/White)
8) If you want to make it more challenging then you can ask me for a specific type
9) Maximum of 3 re-draws. Need to be legitimate reasons (I will decide that myself on the reasons why you want a re-draw)
10) All pokemon will be randomly generated unless the nature's description is in the colour red

ACCOMPLISHMENTS
1) I will develop an imagefor each trainer's nature for when you complete a challenge that you can then add to your signature or store it in your collection of achievements. If a challenge requires a custom made one, I will ask you for the necessary details ONLY WHEN I HAVE NOTICED YOU HAVE FINISHED. DO NOT PM OR VM to notify me that you have finished, please of course
SIGNING UP
1) Just the traditional method.
Username: Kirky
Game: Pearl
Trainer Type: OCD

TRAINER NATURES
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Before you challenge a gym leader/the elite four/trainer of significance (eg: Red), all your pokemon must be at the same level at the beginning of the battle. If you faint when you face a gym leader/the elite four/trainer of significance and you have a higher level pokemon in your party, you must level up to make them even or load the save game before you battled them
Girly Girl: You can only pick beautiful looking pokemon and each pokemon must have at least won a ribbon in the Beauty or Cute category in pokemon contests before completeing the game
Nostalgic: You can only use pokemon that were in the traditional Kanto Dex
Brave: Your pokemon have to be a minimum of five levels underneath the Gym leader's highest level pokemon/the champion/trainer of significance (eg: Red). List of all the gym leaders Highest level pokemon are listed below
Lonely: Can only use 1 pokemon for your entire journey, this pokemon is randomly generated. This will exclude starter pokemon (if your generated pokemon can't be obtained early in the game you can use any pokemon until you obtain the generated pokemon, but only 1, unless you want a re-draw). You're allowed to use HM slaves in this, but they all have to be under lvl 15 (this is possible).
Quirky: Can only catch and use the first pokemon you see in each route (not including HM slaves).
Incompetent: A trainer's nature and the pokemon you will use will be selected by me at random
Mild: Can only use the same pokemon in your party such as 4 Rattatas

COMPLETION
Your challenge is only complete when:
- R/B/Y & FR/LG: You defeat your rival when he becomes champion
- G/S/C & HG/SS: You defeat Red
- R/S/E: You defeat Steven
- P/D/Plt: You defeat Cynthia
- B/W: You defeat Alder
- B2/W2: You Defeat Iris

If anyone has any ideas for more nature's if this challenge seems like it will be given the 'OK' feel free to VM

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
The only thing I would change is taking out the first rule. I don't know for sure, but I think that most of the challengers play on emulators and ROMs. Its just easier to keep your challenges organized that way.

11wildy

Me!
Years
I think the idea of the challenge is interesting, but I Always do the Obsessive Compulsive disorder anyway, so I could do it without changing my play style at all. The brave one seems much more difficult, as well as the random solo one.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
A plus of allowing emulators/ROMs is that this opens up the possibility of using the Universal Randomizer, which would make the Lonely challenge much better imo.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
Ok, so I have edited the first rule. Thank you for the feedback. Feel free to be discriminative. However that is not an invitation to just say blatantly that this idea is completely crap. Also to 11wildy's mesage about the OCD nature (not having a go at you): If you do that all the time then I guess you wouldn't do that one. Possibly for some other players, they might just get there pokemon within a range of 5 levels or so or just level up their starter pokemon (I did this when I was 7).
Cheers

Last edited:

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
I may run this challenge myself, may not, but since I think it's a good idea I'm going to post the rules in case someone is interested. It will require video of the battle being uploaded, so there is a limitation on the games that could be used for it.

Cute, Cool, and Clever Challenge

All pokemon are allowed, yes, even the legendaries and event pokemon. The actual winner of a match is determined by a point system, the point totals carry from match to match if done in a tiered tournament matchup style. The points earned are as follows:

Knocking out opponent's pokemon - 1 point each one knocked out.

Cuteness factor - 2 points for every cute pokemon (determined before the challenge is started) used in battle. If a pokemon is not put into battle, it doesn't count for cuteness.

Cool factor - 1 point for every every multi-turn attack, such as fly, even if the attack fails. Up to 10 points.

Style factor - 1 point for every HM or TM move used, up to 5 points.

Clever factor - 2 points for every pokemon chosen with a type that is more powerful than the opponent's type. Up to 10 points can be earned. Only the first one swapped out between knock outs counts though.

Strategy factor - 1 point for every move that has both damage and status effect, up to 5 points.

Class factor - 2 points for every combination of a move with only status effect followed by any other move. Restoration moves count as the status only effect move. Up to 10 points can be earned with this.

Epicosity - any one hit KO that is done with only damage, meaning the move has no inherent chance of a one hit KO, will earn 5 points. The move must cause as much, or more, damage than the target's maximum HP to count. 15 points can be earned this way.

----------------
The rules are a bit simpler:

Only one swap out between knock outs for the player who's pokemon is not knocked out without a penalty. Any other swap outs will cause a loss of 3 points each.

..... and that's it. Again, I may start this challenge myself later on, but in case someone else wants to do it, go ahead and have fun.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
I like this idea. I take it this is done over wifi by battling others. An idea for points being earned is that you get extra points if you knockout your opponent without them landing a single blow to your pokemon. How ever you may have to moderate this somehow so that some wise guy doesn't get someone who has pokemon that are seriously under levelde and just dominate the battle. You could make categories such as Lvl 100s lvl 90s lvl 80s and son on.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2013
6-locke challenge. Pick 6 pokemon at the beginning of the game and use hacks or whatever to catch them level 5 or under. All 6 must be caught right at the beginning of the game. You may only use these 6 pokemon to complete the game and cannot replace or catch other pokemon (Hm slave is a choice only) If a party member faints, he is deposited in the box and you must finish the rest of the game with the other pokemon you have e.g. if you have 6 and one faints, you can only use the other 5 pokemon to complete the game. If you win all 8 badges, you may select one pokemon that has fainted and bring them back into your team, or if you encounter a shiny pokemon, you can catch the shiny pokemon and revive a member of you 6 pokemon.
Good luck

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
I like this idea. I take it this is done over wifi by battling others. An idea for points being earned is that you get extra points if you knockout your opponent without them landing a single blow to your pokemon. How ever you may have to moderate this somehow so that some wise guy doesn't get someone who has pokemon that are seriously under levelde and just dominate the battle. You could make categories such as Lvl 100s lvl 90s lvl 80s and son on.

Thanks. Look closer at the point system, it's set up do that even in the situation you mentioned they could lose the match just because the weaker one at least tried their best. Cute pokemon will always be first evos and no-evo pokemon, after that they become cooler but less cute with each evolution. Thus why I thought of it. I never liked the excessive limits some tournaments place on which pokemon can be used, and though it's possible, not everyone will know how to take down a level 100 Raichu with a level 45 Gligar. ;) That was a fun match, of course it's not as easy before B/W2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back