• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen A Chinese Emerald!

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
My cousin told me that when he was 7, he had a Pokemon Emerald. The problem is that he said Emerald like 绿宝石, which is the Chinese way of saying emerald, like the stone. It struck me as weird, as I have never heard of a Emerald that is solely Chinese, since there is too many name characters for the programming. He told me that the names of the Pokemon is in Chinese, too.

Is there really a real Chinese Pokemon Emerald? Discuss.

mayuyu

Fairy Queen
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 22, 2014
Currently, none of the Pokémon games have been translated into Chinese officially. Many Chinese-translated bootlegs of the series are distributed into the mainland. Interactions between these bootlegs and any official game cartridges, while possible, are not recommended since the Chinese characters were never programmed into any official cartridges and would often result with files getting corrupted on both cartridges and forcing the gamers to start over from the beginning. Currently, Taiwan and Hong Kong receive the Japanese and English versions of the video games.
cr: Bulbapedia

Doesn't sound like there's a Chinese Emerald. Speaking from personal experience, copyright and intellectual property rights are horrible over there.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
no not as of now. Otherwise there will be a lot of news about it. Like
mayuyu said there aren't any chinese version.

Currently, none of the Pokémon games have been officially translated into Chinese. Many Chinese-translated bootlegs of the series are distributed into the mainland. Interactions between these bootlegs and any official game cartridges are possible, but not recommended as it would often result with files getting corrupted on both cartridges and forcing the gamers to start over from the beginning. Currently, two subsidiaries of Nintendo, Nintendo Phuten and Nintendo (Hong Kong), distributes the Japanese and English versions of the video games in their respective region.
There are also several events held in Taiwan. One of the first events were featured in PokéPark during 2006, but only for the Japanese language games. Mew, Jirachi and Celebi were distributed. Old Sea Map was also distributed for the pre-release ticket of the eighth movie. Keldeo and Meloetta were distributed in commemoration of the 15th movie during 2012, while Genesect and Mewtwo were distributed in 2013. Both Pikachu and Sylveon were also distributed in Taiwan and Hong Kong.
One game related to Pokémon, Super Smash Bros.

So you maybe your brother has a confusion or something wrong. or maybe there is something wrong.

Back