• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Hello, is there an Pokemon Yellow/Gold hack with generation 4/6 and fake eeveelutions?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Hi, im looking for a very simple hack of gen 1 with all pokemon and higher difficulty where every gym is 10 levels stronger starting with Broock at 20 so the pokemon leage is at 100. Anyone can help me? Thanks!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 4, 2019
So i think about 4 years ago i played a pokemon rom and i have been unable to find it since. I dont remember the name of the game but what i do remember is you could have multiple starters. As in one from each gen. As you traveled you had times where you could add a starter from the next gen. If someone could help me remember what this game was i would be grateful.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 9, 2019
Rom hack suggestions

Hello everyone,
I've never played a rom hack before, only the original games, and i'm looking for one that i might like the most. I saw that there are literally hundreds of rom hacks and i have no idea how to choose, can you help me?
The features that i'm looking for are (sorted from most important to least important):
-being able to catch/obtain every pokemon in the game without cheats or trades;
-at least 3rd generation pokemon/moves;
-long gameplay, balanced combat (even hard);
-of course, a decent storyline.

What do you think? Is there a rom hack like this (or at least something similiar)?
Thank you so much!

p.s. Someone in the past suggested me light platinum, but i got extremely disappointed because how easy it was to obtain rare pokemons early in the game.

Delta231

A noob
Years
Hello everyone,
I've never played a rom hack before, only the original games, and i'm looking for one that i might like the most. I saw that there are literally hundreds of rom hacks and i have no idea how to choose, can you help me?
The features that i'm looking for are (sorted from most important to least important):
-being able to catch/obtain every pokemon in the game without cheats or trades;
-at least 3rd generation pokemon/moves;
-long gameplay, balanced combat (even hard);
-of course, a decent storyline.

What do you think? Is there a rom hack like this (or at least something similiar)?
Thank you so much!

p.s. Someone in the past suggested me light platinum, but i got extremely disappointed because how easy it was to obtain rare pokemons early in the game.

Try Pokemon Gaia.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 17, 2019
Urban Pokémon Hack

Hey guys! I was wondering if you could help me with a somewhat weird request.
Do you know of any hack that either takes place in a big city, or features big cities?
I figured that there's ought to be something out there that fits this description.
Thanks in advance for your answer!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2019
Looking for suggestions

Hey guys,
I am looking for fangames with an inbuild randomizer.
The only 2 I know about are insurgence and uranium.
I cant find any others and would love to hear your suggestions.

Years
I'm looking for a simple Kanto Remake that has an afterstory taking place in Johto instead of the Sevii Islands, and I've been looking since 3 years. Because it would make a lot more sense if it comes to finding out how/why Red has an Espeon in Gen 2. The Johto Region isn't right next to Kanto for nothing. I just thought it's something that the original FireRed and LeafGreen (plus 3 other Rom Hacks) shouldn't of been.

I don't care if it's GBA or GBC. As long as it's not just a Modified Version of the original game. (I'll explain the difference later.)

For features, here's what would be nice (as an early birthday present):

-New Music (doesn't matter to me if it's from Final Fantasy 4-9, or Pokemon Colosseum/XD).
-The nerfing of Altaria's defenses!
-AI Trainers with Espeons using moves that isn't Psychic over, and over, and over, and over.
-Day/Night Cycle that's based on Minecraft instead of real time.
-New Hidden areas, and hideouts everywhere! (Like it's a combination of 3 other hacks.)
-2 Rivals. (Blue, and the Female Trainer. Both have their own battle themes, and be able to give them names.)

Features I really don't care much about:
-Physical/Special Split
-Graphics
-Weather
-More pokemon (as long as it's up to Gen 5.)

Features I DON'T want to see:
-Fairy-Typing

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 10, 2019
Funnniest pokemon gba rom hacks

So whats your take onn the best and funniest pokemon rom hacks out there? i prefer for it to be completed, but im talking about roms like Pokemon my Ass, or pokemon outlaw!

sydney.mckay

#1 grass starter stan
Years
branching storyline rom hacks

hey! so, i've been a big fan of pokémon rom games for a hot minute. and i was wondering what suggestions you guys had for branching storyline roms (where there are multiple endings, and the ending you get is decided by the choices you make in-game). or overall just games with a really nice, original storyline. thanks so much!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 19, 2019
Pokemon Black & White Complete Unova Pokedex Hack

Hey everyone, does anyone know if there is a Black & White Rom hack similar to Pokemon Emerald's Complete Hoenn Dex hack? I've done a search, but most of what I'm finding adds too much to the game - whether it's increased difficulty, adding all Pokemon from every region, to even new battle mechanics.

I've never played this before, I just want as close to the vanilla game as possible without the need of trading/playing through both games.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
Okay, real talk, you guys need to play the Altair/Sirius series.

You know, Altair, Sirius, Vega, Deneb, Procyon.

They're definitely the most well-crafted romhacks I've ever seen (although Vega is the most questionable of the five) but they're definitely all very solid.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
But also, is there any other good romhacks that have such high quality Fakemon, or is it gonna be years before that's a reality?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 14, 2019
Custom roms Multiplayer support

Do you guys know the roms that supports Multiplayer (2nd floor of pokecenter) , because me and my friends wants to play pokemon again but with want a rom that we can battle via link
- of course we will be using emulators.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 11, 2020
i think Pokemon red chapter is one of the best rom hacks out there, it has updated graphics, variety of Pokémon from gen 1 to 7, beta pokemon,mega evolution, tons of regions to explore. The game follows the manga storyline for the kanto saga, but it also includes an original storyline and tons of bonus chapter

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
Anyone know what happened to Mirage of Tales, and Kyanite? Are there any games like that out there where you have a different profession other than basic pokemon trainer, like scientist/professor or Gym Leader? I was hoping to be one of those two.

Back