• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Awwww

Are those the event dogs?

.....yes? I don't think they count do they? Noooooo! I have no luck in my shiny hunt, but I just got diamond and pearl and haven't played it for quite a very looooong while, so I can get up to that and maybe add more to the list, :P
I got HeartGold, I can add more there.
-Beedrill
-Weedle
-Spinda
-Kakuna

PS-What the heck was that over my post?!????????*who the heck thinks that nasty?*

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Welcome to the club, Otherworld9), and welcome back, Gearuvagen!

Good luck on Mudkip!

Thanks! Good luck on your Magikarp! (and Landorus, right?)

I wont be able to hunt a lot for awhile. My family is going through a very bad time with my grandmother. :( I won't say exactly what' s wrong.

I'm really sorry to hear that. My best wishes to your grandmother and your family.

Runasutaru said:
G-Money said:
YES!!!!! I GOT SHINY TREECKO!!!!!!

Congrats on your Shiny Treecko! I prefer the greener colour scheme the normal version offers, but a well-hunted Shiny is worthy of respect. I hope you'll avenge the lost Poochyena, soon!

G-Money said:
Anyone have a good reason to hate shiny Blaziken, Sceptile, or Swampert?

Simple: I find Grovyle to be way cooler than Sceptile, Shiny or not; that's me, though. Everything else seems like a matter of taste - Shiny Torchic and Combusken are yellow while Blaziken is a dark crimson.
Swampert, Swampert... *Shrugs* Can't think of anything, honestly.

News from me:
- No Shiny over here, but I went to the Colombo mall in Lisbon with my bro today and we both got Celebi Wonder Cards in each of our two games! I'll be SRing on one of them and resetting for a good IV'd Celebi on the other game.

Anyway... keep on hunting, people! Good luck and may you have many sparkles!

I saw this the day it went up, but I didn't want to reply yet because of the "don't make every other post" rule. Unfortunately, the next poster wouldn't let me post after him! :(

Thanks for the advice on evolving my shiny Hoenn starters! I'll make my final decision when I get Mudkip.

Congrats on the Celebi! Not many people have one! So you're going to be SRing for a shiny Celebi? That's going to be awesome - I don't know of anyone who can say he/she has a shiny Celebi! :)

Last edited:

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
.....yes? I don't think they count do they? Noooooo! I have no luck in my shiny hunt, but I just got diamond and pearl and haven't played it for quite a very looooong while, so I can get up to that and maybe add more to the list, :P
I got HeartGold, I can add more there.
-Beedrill
-Weedle
-Spinda
-Kakuna

PS-What the heck was that over my post?!????????*who the heck thinks that nasty?*
No they don't count, sorry.
Congrats on the Celebi! Not many people have one! So you're going to be SRing for a shiny Celebi? That's going to be awesome - I don't know of anyone who can say he/she has a shiny Celebi! :)

Wonder card Pokemon can't be shiny. You can SR for good IVs, but they all have a shiny check on them like Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini, Zorua, and Zoroark in Black and White. And they weren't saying they had one, they're saying they went to the event in the UK to get the wonder card.

Here are a list of Pokemon that as of right now, can not be shiny. If they get it shiny, they are hacking:

Mew
Celebi
Victini
Zorua (You can't SR for it, you CAN breed for it)
Zoroark (Same conditions as Zorua)
Reshiram
Zekrom

----EDIT----

Made a new banner for y'all! :D

1zd4sk5.png

See the first post for proper credits. I made it all transparent because Zoroark is the master of ILLUSIONS. And invisibility is an illusion. See? :D

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
And they weren't saying they had one, they're saying they went to the event in the UK to get the wonder card.

*Points at location*

UK? Noooooooooooooope. We have the event going in the GAME stores throughout here and in Spain. :)

Anyway... Hey there, guys! Been playin' away on my Pokémon Black, so I've poofed off the face of the Earth for 3 days (people in my WoW guild were thinking I got hit by a car or something, yeowch), but I'm stopping by to look around and update you on things!

Been resetting for a good Reshiram and ended up with a Hasty; he's not too bad, so I kept him.

After I'm done doing most of what I can do, my first shiny target will be Boldore! The colouring on it looks great in Gigalith stage and it also reminds me of this!

Spoiler:

Thankfully enough, they look like they hub up in a nice EV training spot, so I'll be able to go through loads of them pretty quickly!

That's my note for today and as such, see you around, guys!

P.S: My Shinies are:
Staraptor
Tentacruel
Crobat
Floatzel
Pidgeotto
Golem

(The Eevee doesn't quite count, since while it's a real event Shiny, I got it from a player GTS distribution)

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
*Points at location*

UK? Noooooooooooooope. We have the event going in the GAME stores throughout here and in Spain. :)

Anyway... Hey there, guys! Been playin' away on my Pokémon Black, so I've poofed off the face of the Earth for 3 days (people in my WoW guild were thinking I got hit by a car or something, yeowch), but I'm stopping by to look around and update you on things!

Been resetting for a good Reshiram and ended up with a Hasty; he's not too bad, so I kept him.

After I'm done doing most of what I can do, my first shiny target will be Boldore! The colouring on it looks great in Gigalith stage and it also reminds me of this!

Spoiler:

Thankfully enough, they look like they hub up in a nice EV training spot, so I'll be able to go through loads of them pretty quickly!

That's my note for today and as such, see you around, guys!

Portugal..the United Kingdom. There's no diference! They're all not American. Just kidding!

Good luck on your Boldore hunt. The image you posted reminded me more of Kyurem XD. But I like those colors (I like them even more on Gigalith!)

Welcome~

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Portugal..the United Kingdom. There's no diference! They're all not American. Just kidding!

Good luck on your Boldore hunt. The image you posted reminded me more of Kyurem XD. But I like those colors (I like them even more on Gigalith!)

Welcome~

Wait, you crossed out the just kidding... I'm scared, now! Anyway, off to watching some anime - some hunting may come in the near future.

G-Money

Years
As co-owner of the Shiny Hunter's Club (wow, it feels awesome to say that!), I hereby appoint Runasutaru to "Guardian Spectre." :)

I'm sorry that the Celebi can't be shiny. At least you have one!

Landorus, you're going big! Aaryn + SkinnyGreenMan + various banner makers, all combined into one person? That's awesome, man! Keep up the great work!

I caught Staravia as a Staravia, so could you please remove Starly from the Dex from me? I figure it's okay because you already have one, so no harm done. :)

My parents would hate me if I got B/W, so I won't be able to get them until I'm in a game store by myself. Hopefully I'll be able to do this in a couple of weeks, but until then, I'm without 5th generation shinys. That's fine with me, though, since I don't even have the first 492 Pokemon shiny! :D

I posted this in the last incarnation, but here are my current hunts, fresh and prepared for first page-ish-ness and with percentages for how much shiny hunting time they are currently allotted::

Ruby: Nincada/Skitty/Zigzagoon/Whismur/Poochyena (grr...)/Taillow

Sapphire: Mudkip (95%)

FR: Hitmonlee (1%)

LG: various Game Corner assortments (I don't have the patience to get 80 Abra though, "lol." Good luck to ShinyDoug - it's monotonous!) (2%)

Emerald: Not much, really. I've mass-evacuated half of it to restart for Totodile and Cyndaquil, but I don't feel like playing through right now since I'll be playing through Sapphire soon (I hope!). Besides, it's going to take a really long time to trade over the hundreds of Pokemon I have there! ([lim x -> 0 f(x) = x]%)

Diamond: Drifloon (0.5%)

Pearl: the grass behind Lake Acuity (1%)

Platinum: Turtwig/Piplup/Chimchar (0.5%)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Heya, I am glad to see that this is revived. I would love to join. About 3-4 hours into Pokemon Black, I caught a Shiny Cottonee (low quality pic from phone coming right up):

29ee36b57cd4__1299450101000.jpg

Here are my shinies:
Random Encounter
Pidgey (FireRed)
Poochyena (Emerald)
Cottonee (Black)

Soft Reset
Lugia (Emerald)
Ho-oh (Emerald)
Groudon (Emerald)

Chaining (All in Pearl)
Nidoran M, Venomoth, Ponyta, Ariados, Voltorb, Corsola, Skitty, Banette, Absol, Shinx, Buizel, Buneary

RNG Abuse (in Diamond, Platinum and HG)
Uxie, Shellder, Croagunk, Magnemite, Vulpix, Swablu, Snover, Azumarill, Steelix, Shroomish, Metagross, Eevee, Gliscor, Trapinch, and probably more shinies that I forgot... I consider this method legit but I only do it for shiny colors I love.

I have no specific hunts right now (I gave up on Articuno/Cresselia...). Though, I can't complain. I have more than enough.

G-Money

Years
Welcome back, TwilightBlade!

Congrats on getting a shiny so soon into Black - these games seem to be lucky! :)

That's a nice list of shinys you have there, too! How did you get the Emerald SR ones? I've heard that the broken RNG prevents normal SRs, so did you walk around and resave every 100 SRs or something? I gave up SRing for Groudon in Emerald because I heard the game decided based on time since you turned the game on. Any tips for getting around this? ;)

Personally, I wouldn't count the chained or RNG-abused shinys towards the Dex, but that's ultimately Landorus's decision. They're all really awesome shinys to have, but I just think it's more fun and rewarding to get 1/8192 shinys. That's just my personal opinion, though, so feel free to keep hunting whatever you want!

I did a few SRs for a Sinnoh starter today in Platinum, without luck. Each SR takes so long!! I could probably see 10 Hoenn starters in the time it takes to see one Sinnoh, "lol!"

*grumbles about TwilightBlade's shiny Poochyena*

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Thanks. :o

For Poochyena, I was goofing around near Lilycove on my brother's Emerald. I restarted it later so I don't know what its shiny seeds were like. As for the legendaries, the shiny club members on Serebii convinced me to do something with my ticket. I didn't believe in Lady Luck and shinies (at this time I only had the ever-so-lame Poochyena and Pidgey). Suddenly, I found a shiny Lugia within... 500 resets? It took about 4 days. I was so excited so I then tried for Ho-oh, which took about 11 months. I later looked up RNG abusing on Emerald. I discovered that within about 40 seconds of boot up, my Emerald produced a shiny Pokemon. I used that knowledge to get a shiny Groudon (I forgot how long the hunt took but I caught it a year after the birds honestly). I never got around to catching anything else on my Emerald. As to get around it, leave the game on longer or restart your adventure (for a new ID and SID).

Hm well, chaining and RNG abusing requires knowledge, experience, and patience, just as any other well-planned hunt. :P

The Masuda Method was enhanced in Black/White: the odds of producing a shiny by breeding international parents is 6/8192 or about 1/1366. :3

I was also pretty excited when an NPC referred to these beauties as "Shiny Pokemon" so finally they're officially shiny instead of alternate color, huh?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
This group seems interesting, mind if I join?

I have had a few shiny encounters in my time, which I am proud of. I won't list RNG abuse shinys since they don't count, but oh well. :P

My first one was a Golbat. I was on the way to Snowpoint City in Pearl and it just appeared out of nowhere. Of course, I caught it for myself, and it was amazing. My second and last random encounter was a Bidoof. I was EV training a Mareep and I came across the Bidoof (was training for HP EVs) and there were sparkles, and I was thinking "Did that thing just sparkle? o_O" I caught it and stuff.

Chaining I've only ever encountered a Doduo and a Stantler. I'm quite proud of the Doduo since I caught it and it was only on the second chain thingo, and it was amazing. It's a swarm Pokemon as well, so it doesn't appear all too often. Stantler was also kinda cool. I was just looking for one and it's like the same as Doduo, but it was on a chain of 6 instead of 2. I'm proud of those shinies. :D

Years
Hello. It seems ironic that the original club just got closed one week ago, after I've been away for 10 months? o__0

Anyway, with Black & White and all their hype, I guess I've been pulled back out of the woodwork again, at least for the time being.

I'd like to re-join. I haven't found any shinies since Ho-oh last summer.

Please ring me up if you want a shiny database, automatic cards, or anything like that.

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
--stuff--

Is it a M&M I see? Delicious presence! Ahoy, sire! *Salutes*

@TwilightBlade: Chaining, while drastically increasing the chances of getting a Shiny if you know what you're doing, is pretty much a valid method - after all, it still has a bit of randomness to it, even if you consider the very high chance of something appearing (if you were sorely unlucky, you might never get that Shiny until the end of time - at least in theory, since I don't know if seeds can not range that far).
RNG however, with the correct tools and proper experience, becomes a frame-skipping method that is completely guaranteed (albeit very long in some situations) if you follow the simplest methods, for example sniping down the first low-frame bred Shiny with random nature and IVs.

With that said, it all comes down to predictability - after all, Shiny Hunting is mostly a pretty developed form of gambling; you bet time on sparkles and sometimes, you win big time!

On another note: Yes, they're named Shiny Pokémon in the games, now! That was nice to see. Not sure if it's any influence from the regionalization teams, though... Heard something about the translation team being different from before?

In any case... Good luck with your hunts and see you around! May the sparkles embrace your future.

*Waves*

Years
Chaining isn't the god method it's cracked up to be. Frustratingly, your chains often break even when you're following all the rules. The only unusual edge it gives you is being able to find lots of the same species of shiny once you've made it to 40, and that's why this club (or at least the original?) only counts one per chain.

RNGing is obviously abusing a loophole, and isn't in the spirit of shiny hunting.

I guess since this is a new club, I ought to post the complete listing of shinies I've captured ... but it's long:

Spoiler:

Also I have 2x Red Gyarados, 1x PCP and 5x each of the three dogs from mystery gift.

Edit: I just noticed a few chained shinies are missing from my list. I will return with them as soon as I have access to my games.

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
MM's back!!! :D

It's an honor to officially welcome back the #1 poster of the SHC! *handshake*

Welcome to the club, Alternative! Landorus gets to decide whether or not chained shinys count towards the Dex, but you have them, so congrats! Doduo and Stantler are pretty rare shinys - I haven't seen too many people with those ones. I always think it's special to have a shiny no one else has. :) And you got them on chains of 6 and 2? That's almost like getting normal shinys, since the rarity is still nearly 1/7000, which I'd say is pretty rare! ;)

Twilight, thanks for the motivation on the Emerald resets! I always thought it was futile, but you might've just given me hope that I will be able to get a shiny Groudon after all! There's a chance I could go for the whole Hoenn bunch, which would be pretty awesome. *adds Groudon to list of future targets*

I like the comparison of shiny hunting to gambling, Ru. "lol" I guess it is like betting that your time will pay off!

Black and White sound really cool, too. Shinys have been given the name officially? That's awesome. We have some mainstream legitimacy now, "lol."

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
Oh, awesome! This FC was originally created on my birthday! 8D Uhm, hmm, may I join~? I love the title of this club. It sounds like one of those monster hunting clubs in a Final Fantasy game. I'm a Viera, btw.

The only legal shinys I have are a pink Sneasel and a golden Ratatata.

eta: Does shiny hunting on VDex count? I caught a shiny Litwick there. n_n

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Club Banners and Credits
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
I was in the previous club, so I would like to rejoin!

My most recent shiny was shiny Staryu, but that was lots of months ago on Diamond. I was trying to hatch a shiny Duskull also but I never played Diamond enough to hatch it time before Black and White came out.

So right now I have Black and I have been playing it since Monday, I'm not really shiny hunting yet but I'm hoping for a random encounter.

Years
Here are my shinys (I have them by pokeradar in D/P or exchange):

* Luxray
* Kadabra
* Budew
* Golduck
* Pachirisu
* Medicham
* Pikachu
* Sneasel
* Ponyta
* Staraptor