• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon game Habits

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
- I always try to keep the items in my bag well organized(health increasing items, then the different type revives, healing items, etc)

- For some reason, the amount I buy at a time seems to vary by a ratio(ex: I like to have a certain amount of revives in comparison to potions and usually never let the former catch up/even come close to the latter) and I honestly don't know why. I think it has something to do with how much I use each compared to the other.

- I almost always try to have a full team earlier on(I'm not a fan of being too overleveled when I could have had multiples on my team just as good), especially if I know I have access to the Poke(s) I want in my team. Sometimes that even results me looking for that Poke for some time before I move further in the game if it's one of those with a low appearance rate.

- In relation to that last one, I always try to keep my whole team at the same level, if possible.

- When I go into a gym or other place of specific types, I save the Pokes who are strong against the area for last(ex: If I go into an electric gym, I'll use my other Pokes, even ones who are weak against the type first). I think I've made that a habit to be best prepared for the 'boss'.

- Each box is dedicated to a certain type(if it has two types I move it to the box type that has less pokemon at the time) with the legendaries getting their own box

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I have cheesy lines I occasionally say out loud, whenever a certain Pokèmon of mine uses a certain move.

I raise all of my Pokèmon to the exact level before proceeding, & always within 2 levels of each-other at most.

I name my boxes of 1-30, 31-60, etc...
And whenever I catch an extra Pokèmon, I get to the nearest Pokècenter & put it into its appropriate box.

Lastly, whenever I save, I have to be in the very center of the floorboard Pokèball within modern Pokècenters.

katiekun11

I ♥ Ghost & Ice Type Pokemon!
Years
- Get starter to level 10 before reaching the first town (before I reach Viridian & get the package from the mart, for example, or before I reach Cherrygrove City)
- Make sure all Pokemon I catch in a new region are evaluated for their usefullness to my team, if they are good for my team line up, then I will keep them & train them to the same level as all my other Pokemon before I move onto the next area
- Catch ALL the pokemon in one area before moving to the next
- After I've caught every Pokemon, Have my boxes organized by generation then type. So, like, box 1 will be fire type, & all my fire-type pokemon will be organized in THAT box in order of generation.
- Make sure all Pokemon are equal levels before moving onto another area!
- After a while I always dump the starter in a box in the PC in order to create a team full of dual-types, in order to get rid of as many 'weak spots' in the team as I can.

Yes I'm obsessive.

Back