• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay11190

The Drifter
Years
Lolz, looks like I have to write this RP then. There will not be too much Guild movement as far as competitions against other guilds, but there is that random down time. In any case I'll try to finish up as much as I can In the next few days and have it up. I will say though again I'm only accepting 5 Rpers max (I'm really learning toward four)and it's not first come first serve. The only reason I'm accepting so few is because I don't know how sloppy the format may play out to be. I'm trying to have it so you have to read everyone's posts to get the full story.There should be a good chance you'll get in though. I'm still not positive how accepted this Rp will be.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Maybe now this'll get noticed XD I completely revised The Searchers plot and here is the very short version:

Strong pokemon, as well as their trainers if they have any, from around the Mt. Silver and Union Cave areas have been disappearing. A group of young, unevolved pokemon who have lost friends and family set out to find the cause of the disappearances, which is a rather small organization known as Team Devastation. Team Devastation is experimenting on the pokemon and trainers they capture as they try to create "the perfect being" with which they will try to rule the world.

I'd have an amount of time set for the pokemon to defeat Team Devastation before they create their "perfect being". RPers would be able to join either as a pokemon or as a member of Team Devastation.

What do you think? Is it good? Does it still need some work? Would you join?

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Maybe now this'll get noticed XD I completely revised The Searchers plot and here is the very short version:
Strong pokemon, as well as their trainers if they have any, from around the Mt. Silver and Union Cave areas have been disappearing. A group of young, unevolved pokemon who have lost friends and family set out to find the cause of the disappearances, which is a rather small organization known as Team Devastation. Team Devastation is experimenting on the pokemon and trainers they capture as they try to create "the perfect being" with which they will try to rule the world.

I'd have an amount of time set for the pokemon to defeat Team Devastation before they create their "perfect being". RPers would be able to join either as a pokemon or as a member of Team Devastation.

Quick, game time! Take a drink everytime I make a genetic experiment joke! :D

Because playing with genetics has perfectly worked out every single time for every single person trying to play god, especially the ones that take parts from other living beings.

And trust me, it'd work out fine for the evil syndicate, too. I mean, just look at Mewtwo and Team Rocket! :D

I bet fifty bucks the ultimate being questions its existance and backfires on the team. Who's in?

....and the being kills everyone on the Earth. The End. :3

Come forth, my creation, and do my bidding without question. I am your ultimate master, and you are required and expected to be my obiedient slave. ....Wait, what was that? What do you mean you have free will? You're pulling my leg.

Drunk yet?

Well it seems interesting, but a tad bit unoriginal. I honestly wouldn't join it because it doesn't tickle my fancy. :/
Try being more creative with the plot, something that makes your RP stand out and makes people excited to join.

It's a good starting point, though!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

If you make the plot in the real thread at least four times as long and put a lot of more detail into it, it might look interesting.

I've been GM once (right nao!), but like no one's signed up :'(

Anyone want to join? It's called Protectors of Hoenn :3
I have a hard time playing with fakemon, that's why ^^'

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
Years
Hm, I might enter Lunar Dawn as a role-play. If I can be convinced /goes and visits Zeta I don't know, I've been kind of hooked on a school-esque role-play and after recently getting done watching Black Rock Shooter I feel like joining one. PAIR MAKE BLACK ROCK SHOOTER RP, I KNOW YOU LIKE THE SERIES. XD

Oh, and thank you person who randomly complimented my signature. XD Hetalia ftw <3

I'll ponder the thought of posting a role-play tomorrow because life has been boring recently and I need something to do, maybe I can come up with some totally new role-play that's a bloody freaking master piece Or some crappy Hetalia/ Harry Potter crossover

No, all joking a side I really would like to see Lunar Dawn get some chance to shine, but toning down must be done. Sad Panda.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I've got a general question (I've probably asked it before).

What's the optimal number of RPs for you to be a player in at the same time? How many are maximum?

Basically, how many RPs can you handle at the same time? What if you're a GM in one as well, does that make any difference?

Also, I think many are in love with Harry Potter right about now :3 I watched an interesting movie yesterday though and am now thinking about ways to create an Angels/Demons RP without being too clichée... maybe I'll just write a fanfic instead xD /too many projects going on

Years
I've got a general question (I've probably asked it before).

What's the optimal number of RPs for you to be a player in at the same time? How many are maximum?

Basically, how many RPs can you handle at the same time? What if you're a GM in one as well, does that make any difference?
Around 4 to 5 depending on the RPs' pace. If I'm a GM and a player, it does affect. :>

Also, I think many are in love with Harry Potter right about now :3 I watched an interesting movie yesterday though and am now thinking about ways to create an Angels/Demons RP without being too clichée... maybe I'll just write a fanfic instead xD /too many projects going on
That's gonna be quite hard to have it outstandingly original. Is it Angels vs Demons? I remember seeing one RP like that before. :P

Yes, I SO WANT A HP RP!!!!!! Go go go, wizardry battles and spells galore~!~! ^3^ XD *rants on about Aguamento, Lacarnum Inflamary and Crucio*

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Nah, not from a game or anything. Just the concept of something called angels fighting something called demons to get control of the humans.

And I don't remember, like, any spell from Harry Potter xD Except for Wingardium Leviosa. Can't ever forget that one.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
I'm back...from a week(?) break! My PMD RPG is still in development as I think names for various places, but a lot has been figured out.

Anyway, I recently came across pictures of Pokemon Anons, humans who have a single Pokemon partner and an item that acts as a device that fuses the two together for sometime. And I'm wondering how many of you would find an Rpg like that interesting?

Years
Nah, not from a game or anything. Just the concept of something called angels fighting something called demons to get control of the humans.

And I don't remember, like, any spell from Harry Potter xD Except for Wingardium Leviosa. Can't ever forget that one.
Ooh, so like battle in the heavens and hell?? I wasn't talking about a game actually, just the angels versus demons. Like what you meant, ofc. xD

BUT....you do know Avarda Kedavra right? Like that's the most famous spell since it gives instant kill. ^u^ Thinking of which, RPs based on Hogwarts and Pokemon schools always die. Mostly, imho, it's due to the lack of real understanding i the plots since technically there are two plots: One being the main one whilst the other is, well, school (duh). And it brings out one-liners or worse, two/three liners if RPers play as teachers and students (plenty of redundant convos too).

I'm back...from a week(?) break! My PMD RPG is still in development as I think names for various places, but a lot has been figured out.

Anyway, I recently came across pictures of Pokemon Anons, humans who have a single Pokemon partner and an item that acts as a device that fuses the two together for sometime. And I'm wondering how many of you would find an Rpg like that interesting?

Actually, we have one just being implemented. It's called Inner Animal. You merge with your partner Pokemon and have powers and stuff...and popcorn. XD

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Wingardium Leviosa

Ah the Leviosa :D Unforgettable

oh and Inner Animal's full already! Whoohoo! Well maybe i might allow one spot for the bad guy side since numbers aren't really too balanced. if someone wants to join inform me! I might think about it. *rubs hands* RPAs September here I come *shot*

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
Ah the Leviosa :D Unforgettable

oh and Inner Animal's full already! Whoohoo! Well maybe i might allow one spot for the bad guy side since numbers aren't really too balanced. if someone wants to join inform me! I might think about it. *rubs hands* RPAs September here I come *shot*

Ooh, ooh, me, me! :D ...Unless you don't want me to, of course :>

To answer Rika's question, I can probably to five max, but if one's moving rather slowly I can probably join another or so.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Depends on the player. A school kid, maybe three or four. Someone like me who just works part time, I could probably go up to six, seven, maybe eight! At the moment, though, I am in... five, though two are inactive. Years of Lies, Broken;; (my own!), Kanto rewinded (which i just wrote my first post in), Uprising and Digimon Adventure next!

That sounds... similar (similar, not the same. only because I've played 20 minutes of the game so i don't... know the actual... storyline between the angels and the demons) to Darksiders.

Thinking of which, RPs based on Hogwarts and Pokemon schools always die. Mostly, imho, it's due to the lack of real understanding i the plots since technically there are two plots: One being the main one whilst the other is, well, school (duh). And it brings out one-liners or worse, two/three liners if RPers play as teachers and students (plenty of redundant convos too).
I've seen a whole forum dedicated to such before. D:<

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
That sounds... similar (similar, not the same. only because I've played 20 minutes of the game so i don't... know the actual... storyline between the angels and the demons) to Darksiders.

Actually, it's also almost the story of Diablo xD If you've heard of that game.

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
Thinking of which, RPs based on Hogwarts and Pokemon schools always die. Mostly, imho, it's due to the lack of real understanding i the plots since technically there are two plots: One being the main one whilst the other is, well, school (duh). And it brings out one-liners or worse, two/three liners if RPers play as teachers and students (plenty of redundant convos too).

it's rather true that RPs that are surrounding schools rise the chance of being one-liners, because two RPers keep talking to one another, and they don't have much to do (or do they? maybe describing more would help but i don't see too much of those) and so one-lining appears.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Actually, to me, its sounds closer to Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor.

As for how many RPs I can participate in, I'm not sure, tbh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back