• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Trainer Classes

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So judging on the footage we have so far, what type of trainer classes do you think we're in for? What would you like to see? How would you classify the current trainer classes we've seen but we don't know of? Which trainer classes do you think will or won't return? Share yo thoughts.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
So judging on the footage we have so far, what type of trainer classes do you think we're in for? What would you like to see? How would you classify the current trainer classes we've seen but we don't know of? Which trainer classes do you think will or won't return? Share yo thoughts.

Sorry, newbie here. What's a trainer class?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A trainer class is like, a Lass, a Beauty, etc, basically what a trainer is called/identified as is a trainer class. :3

blue

gucci
Years
I think a few will be removed from Black and White such as Hoopsters, Strikers, Smashers etc. Then we'll have the usuals such as Hikers, Lass, Youngster, Cyclist and Doctors (Hopefully!) As for new trainer classes I'm sure there will be plenty of new ones that will be added. France has plenty to offer.. Tourists, Students, Chefs, Mimes, Singers etc.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
I m looking forward for youngsters(shorts one:-P) to make a return.

Also i would like some celebrities to become trainers

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Well obviously we have the Lass confirmed, and we've seen Hikers in screenshots, so that's 2 trainer classes confirmed, I myself would like to see artists and fashionistas, as well as the usual bikers and cyclists (Tour de France of course)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I imagine Doctors and Nurses will be making a comeback...only this time I hope they make female doctors and male nurses as well as not all Doctors are male, and not all Nurses are female, I felt like BWB2W2 fueled that stereotype.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Also I see the soccer (which is called Football in Europe and the rest of the world) player class returning as soccer is popular in France and the rest of Europe. Also the (American style) Football class should be replaced with the Rugby class for this generation.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
Newscasters were neat.

Inspired by France, I would say (some are dupes of what has already been said):

- Chef
- Fashionista
- Cyclist
- Tourist
- Tour Guide
- Inspector
- Mime
- Diner
- Gourmet
- Baker
- Supermodel
- Professor
- Geologist / Archaeologist

Would also like to see an "Inspector Jacques" or "Inspector Clouseau" somewhere along the line. Even just "Inspector Jack" would work :P

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
7175f9cf5bdde97f4cb21690cd570d69.png

As well as confirming the Lass trainer class is back this seems to be the new pre-battle screen, kinda like anime style. Would be neat if all of them had some sort of animation with it, although it looks great just like this too.

blue

gucci
Years
7175f9cf5bdde97f4cb21690cd570d69.png

As well as confirming the Lass trainer class is back this seems to be the new pre-battle screen, kinda like anime style. Would be neat if all of them had some sort of animation with it, although it looks great just like this too.

I agree I would love for this to happen for each individual trainer, I'm sure if this is the case there will be an option to turn Battle Cutscenes off.

Years
I think we'll have many of the 'classic' trainer classes who've been in every generation: Lass, Youngster, Hiker, Ace Trainer, Swimmer, Fisherman, Gentleman, etc. They're generic enough to work in any setting.

Even though this is a new kind of setting, being vaguely European, I can't see many differences between it and other games. Maybe more artistic types? Chefs and artists and ones like that, but probably any new ones will be related to certain areas (like snowboarders in snowy areas).

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I can't wait to see the VS artwork for the Ace Trainers! And I'd really like for Clerks to return, and Young Couples!

And we've had Bakers and Painters before, but I think they may receive a unique redesign for these games.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I can't wait to see the VS artwork for the Ace Trainers! And I'd really like for Clerks to return, and Young Couples!

And we've had Bakers and Painters before, but I think they may receive a unique redesign for these games.
Obviously we'll have 4 artists named Donatello, Leonardo, Raphael and Michelangelo, and they will all have Squirtles.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I would bet most of the old trainer classes will return, except for the Unova sports related ones, the dancers and the clowns (will probably be replaced with mimes/street performers)

Clerks might not make a return either, since they'll probably be going with a natural touristy region this time. Not offices everywhere.

Years
mime... lol
i can already predict that they will have a stupid monologues such as:"i know i shouldn't talk but how i can i ask somebody to battle?!" XD

i exept mimes, chefs, and mabye even accordion players?

Back