• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Raptor Version

Years
I don't think you have much experience with game mechanics.

You think Balls are supposed to have a default catch rate, so that no matter what Pokemon you're against, how much HP it has, and what status it has, it doesn't affect the chance of catching it?
That's wrong.

Ultra Balls give a 2x multiplier to the basic random catching number limit, which results from a complex function involving base HP, current HP, status, ball type, and the Pokemon's catch rate.

Raikou has a catch rate of 3. That means, if you bring it down to red health and put it to sleep, in a normal game, it'll probably take around 45 ultra balls to catch it.

In fact, Raptor has a higher catch rate than anything else. I caught Groudon with my third Great ball.

I caught Arceus with a pokeball...actually make that with my 98th pokeball outta 99 and I think that was just extreme luck. So if you know Raikou's catch rate, whats Arceus'?

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
I caught Arceus with a pokeball...actually make that with my 98th pokeball outta 99 and I think that was just extreme luck. So if you know Raikou's catch rate, whats Arceus'?

It's 3, the same as Raikou's catch rate. All legendaries have 3 as their catch rate, except Groudon and Kyogre, which have 5. It may be slightly different in Raptor, but that's how it's supposed to be.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Okay, I gonna sound like a giant n00b, but I have never played an RMXP game before, so I don;t know this, but...is there a way to change the controls for this game? I wanto to be able to open the menu with the space bar, for instance, so is there a way to do this? Thank you!

EDIT: Oh, and, when I started it up, the game gave me a message about the fonts I should install...Where do I find these fonts?

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years
I don't think you have much experience with game mechanics.

You think Balls are supposed to have a default catch rate, so that no matter what Pokemon you're against, how much HP it has, and what status it has, it doesn't affect the chance of catching it?
That's wrong.

Ultra Balls give a 2x multiplier to the basic random catching number limit, which results from a complex function involving base HP, current HP, status, ball type, and the Pokemon's catch rate.

Raikou has a catch rate of 3. That means, if you bring it down to red health and put it to sleep, in a normal game, it'll probably take around 45 ultra balls to catch it.

In fact, Raptor has a higher catch rate than anything else. I caught Groudon with my third Great ball.
Thanks for the information, I had forgot that function and multiplier.

I still think that the catch rates of legendaries in Raptor are too low. I just don't like to use 30+ ultra balls in order to catch a legendary pokémon. 10 is the maximum, after that it becomes frustrating. That isn't problem in the normal games since there's AR and cloning glitch so you can pretty easily get more master balls.

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Thanks for the information, I had forgot that function and multiplier.

I still think that the catch rates of legendaries in Raptor are too low. I just don't like to use 30+ ultra balls in order to catch a legendary pokémon. 10 is the maximum, after that it becomes frustrating. That isn't problem in the normal games since there's AR and cloning glitch so you can pretty easily get more master balls.
So you're saying you dislike this game because you can't cheat...?

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Pokemon Raptor EX problem

Hello OmegaGroudon. Can you uploade the new version of Pokemon Raptor EX? For when i open the new version in Megaupload so com the up at then not exit. From Slowprincess18

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
Years

So you're saying you dislike this game because you can't cheat...?
No, I'm not. Generally Raptor is a good game and I like it. I just dislike low catch rates. And yes, I can cheat a little in Raptor, I know how to make the pokédex full without actually catching them all. I found that while I was exploring the game files with hex editor.

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
Okay, I gonna sound like a giant n00b, but I have never played an RMXP game before, so I don;t know this, but...is there a way to change the controls for this game? I wanto to be able to open the menu with the space bar, for instance, so is there a way to do this? Thank you!

EDIT: Oh, and, when I started it up, the game gave me a message about the fonts I should install...Where do I find these fonts?

Pressing the "F1" key opens a menu where you can alter controls and other things.

Years
Woo! I finally beat the Elite 4! it only took my 15 tries, but I beat them! lol

EDIT: Where is the Dark Fragment?

EDIT 2: How do you get the items in Mt. Iris? NVM

Last edited:

enxel

x trainer
Years
Woo! I finally beat the Elite 4! it only took my 15 tries, but I beat them! lol

EDIT: Where is the Dark Fragment?

EDIT 2: How do you get the items in Mt. Iris? NVM
I don't understand if the NVM is only about the Mt. Iris or if it is also about the Drak Fragment so I don't know if you still want the info.

Lol I really wanted to finish this game but I got trapped in Terra Cave XD
What do you mean with trapped? as far as I know that is not a place where you get trapped easily.

Where's that? Are there any legendaries??
In spoilers in consideration for the people that don't know about it yet:
Spoiler:

Years
How did you climb Mt.Iris? I can't get past the rock puzzle on the first floor...

When climbing Mt. Iris, where the first three boulders are, push the bottom boulder as far left as it can go, then push the top right boulder over to the left. Go back around till you are above the boulders. Now that you're above the boulders, look down and press the down arrow (or whatever moves your character down) and the boulder you're above will move, do the same with the next boulder and Presto! you can start your ascent of Mt. Iris

EDIT: Can someone please tell me how to get the raptor ball?

Last edited:

enxel

x trainer
Years
EDIT: Can someone please tell me how to get the raptor ball?
Ok, first I need to say something, it looks like you made it to Mt. Iris top, if this is the case then maybe you entered the Aeon Cave and took the Aura Fragment, if you did this the Dark Fragment disappeared and you can no longer get the Raptor Ball.

If you don't have the Aura Fragment then you can still do it, you have to go to the deepest floor in the Cave of Origin, there you can find the Dark Fragment (if you take it the Aura Fragment will disappear).

With the fragment you got you have to get to the B4F in the Shadow Dimension, with the Aura Fragment you fight against a shiny Groudon, with the Dark Fragment you get the Raptor Ball.

Years
Ok, first I need to say something, it looks like you made it to Mt. Iris top, if this is the case then maybe you entered the Aeon Cave and took the Aura Fragment, if you did this the Dark Fragment disappeared and you can no longer get the Raptor Ball.

If you don't have the Aura Fragment then you can still do it, you have to go to the deepest floor in the Cave of Origin, there you can find the Dark Fragment (if you take it the Aura Fragment will disappear).

With the fragment you got you have to get to the B4F in the Shadow Dimension, with the Aura Fragment you fight against a shiny Groudon, with the Dark Fragment you get the Raptor Ball.

AW! I got the Aura Fragment, and put it in! But I got a Shiny Ho-Oh

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
AW! I got the Aura Fragment, and put it in! But I got a Shiny Ho-Oh

That's very interesting. It looks like the Aura Fragment generates a random shiny legendary. I'm curious if Manaphy can be generated this way. I would test it myself, but I've already gotten the Dark Fragment, and can no longer get the Aura Fragment.

EDIT: For anyone who's curious, I have completed testing and found out that the only way to EV train is through vitamins. You can only give 10 vitamins to each stat, and ten vitamins gives 200 EVs in that particular stat. So you cannot do 252/252 like in the original games, but you can do 200/200/200/200/200/200, which is kind of like GSC except with less gain.

Last edited:
Back