• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
Thank you very much! I've decided to use an old save file I had from the original Pokémon Emerald, where I already have some gold symbols from the Battle Frontier. Will it cause any problems?

Besides, I don't really understand where Dratini can be found, what do you mean with the "small antichamber above the waterfall"? Could you please elaborate?

I'm not sure if that will cause any problems, I've never tried it.

The small antechamber refers to where you find Bagon and the TM for Dragon Claw in the vanilla game, it's deep in the cave past the waterfall, here's a Youtube video showing how to get there (not mine)
https://youtu.be/MMOexN69Ahw

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
Would it be possible to have a version that has everything enabled except the physical-special split (PSS)?

I am slightly irked by how the physical-special split affects the viability of the opponent's move sets in the Battle Frontier. Certain Pokemon there are coded with the physical-special split not in effect, so the difficulty becomes different from what is intended.

Years
Would it be possible to have a version that has everything enabled except the physical-special split (PSS)?

I am slightly irked by how the physical-special split affects the viability of the opponent's move sets in the Battle Frontier. Certain Pokemon there are coded with the physical-special split not in effect, so the difficulty becomes different from what is intended.

TBH I hadn't considered how it would affect the Battle Frontier, luckily this was an easy fix, here are links to a RAR and ZIP with No PSS
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g0islufg1h17xyb/Pokemon+Emerald+Final+v6.11+NO+PSS.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/z2nnf57kjj0nvd4/Pokemon+Emerald+Final+v6.11+NO+PSS.zip

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
Made Mirage Island spawn every day and added static encounters for the legendary birds and dogs.
Unfortunately there's a few bugs now, IDK why but the bags for Pokeballs, TMs, and Berries have a visual glitch but this doesn't affect gameplay luckily. The other bugs are the static legendary encounters I've added do not despawn after battling them which is not BAD but thematically annoying.
Because of this, I have kept the previous link for v4.6 which has everything but the additional static encounters (for example Mirage Island will still spawn every time)

Hi! How did you manage to spawn Mirage Island every time? I'm really curious and I would like to add it myself to my rom :wink-right-eye:

Years
Hi! How did you manage to spawn Mirage Island every time? I'm really curious and I would like to add it myself to my rom :wink-right-eye:

Its actually pretty simple, using AdvanceMap, open up Route 130, go to the Header tab, under "Map script" click "Open script" and replace the script with this:

Spoiler:

Now don't ask me how it works lol I was fiddling around and discovered this worked

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 1, 2021
Its actually pretty simple, using AdvanceMap, open up Route 130, go to the Header tab, under "Map script" click "Open script" and replace the script with this:

Spoiler:

Now don't ask me how it works lol I was fiddling around and discovered this worked

Thank you very much! :D

Years
The current rom offerings with/ without the Day/ Night cycle has Torchic and Mudkip swapped out for Cyndaquil & Squirtle; could you edit the original starter choices back in while retaining the rest of your changes? Also, your Kanto & Johto starter patches just patch them into vanilla Emerald from what I saw. It'd be really cool to have your three rom patch options with the different generation starters as choices and featuring your additional changes (DNiB, etc.). Thanks for the great work.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 12, 2019
Best. Life. Quality. Hack. Ever.
I really was in need of some piece of work like that. Besides the multiples changes you've made, I still felt like I was playing the vanilla emerald, with just some fixes.
I don't know if this is the right place to talk about the bugs, or if someone already informed about it, but when you interact with the guy who sell vitamins in Slateport, the screen turns black and the game stays freezed. Only bug that I found in the long run, though.
Also, where's Eevee? Already beat the E4 and haven't see 'em.

Years
Best. Life. Quality. Hack. Ever.
I really was in need of some piece of work like that. Besides the multiples changes you've made, I still felt like I was playing the vanilla emerald, with just some fixes.
I don't know if this is the right place to talk about the bugs, or if someone already informed about it, but when you interact with the guy who sell vitamins in Slateport, the screen turns black and the game stays freezed. Only bug that I found in the long run, though.
Also, where's Eevee? Already beat the E4 and haven't see 'em.

It makes me so happy to hear (read) that you like it! Enhanced vanilla was what I was going for, to recapture that feeling I got when playing it for the first time but improving the overall experience and it sounds like I've hit the nail on the head!

I was unaware of that bug, thank you for bringing it to my attention, that kind of things happen because of a newbie scripting mistake on my part and I'm hoping to have it all fixed in the next update.

Eevee's are on route 115, north of Rustboro surf north past the exit from Meteor Falls and there's some trainers and a patch of grass. By the way, the included README file has a master list of all pokemon locations!

blitz_2k

Kabe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
The hack is excellent, the only 2 things that I would include to make it perfect are the evolutions of the pokemon that evolves in 4th gen (Roserade, Ambipom, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Weavile, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss, Leafeon, Glaceon, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Probopass, Dusknoir and Froslass) and a proper working mega-evolution, as well as making some npc use those pokemon and/or megas :)

Years
The hack is excellent, the only 2 things that I would include to make it perfect are the evolutions of the pokemon that evolves in 4th gen (Roserade, Ambipom, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Weavile, Magnezone, Lickilicky, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, Togekiss, Leafeon, Glaceon, Gliscor, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Gallade, Probopass, Dusknoir and Froslass) and a proper working mega-evolution, as well as making some npc use those pokemon and/or megas :)

I'm glad you like it! I need to learn how to add in the new evo's and optimally 4th gen moves as well because that's currently beyond my skill level. Though I have no plans to add in mega-evolution, idk I just never liked them lol

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
Just discovered this hack and it's fantastic so far – the list of features sounds like the perfect balance between faithfulness to the original and much needed quality of life improvements. Thanks so much for making it! I've got a quick question though – I've been searching Route 104 for close to an hour looking for a Torchic without any luck. I've found six Togepi, four or five Wingull, and dozens and dozens of all the other Pokémon that are supposed to be on the route but still no Torchic. Just curious how rare it is and/or if there's some precondition that must be met before it appears in the wild on the route? Thanks!

EDIT: Well, I just beat the first gym and went back and tried again and got a Torchic on my second encounter... spooky haha. Thanks again for this awesome hack <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
I'm glad you like it! I need to learn how to add in the new evo's and optimally 4th gen moves as well because that's currently beyond my skill level. Though I have no plans to add in mega-evolution, idk I just never liked them lol

Glad to hear you're not planning on adding mega-evos, as I've never been a fan of them either... One potential addition that may not be too hard but would add a nice level of depth would be to modify Match Call rematches to make use of all the newfound diversity of Pokémon in the region!

Years
Glad to hear you're not planning on adding mega-evos, as I've never been a fan of them either... One potential addition that may not be too hard but would add a nice level of depth would be to modify Match Call rematches to make use of all the newfound diversity of Pokémon in the region!

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I am always so happy to see feedback about Emerald Final. TBH if I was going to try to do anything about Match Calls it would be to disable the notifications but still allow rematches, but I'm currently not planning on doing anything with them. Plus changing trainer parties is getting close to crossing the line of what I'm going for in this hack, which is an enhanced vanilla so that it still feels like the real Emerald, I feel like I have done that as well as I can so far and I'm going to strive to keep it that way.

On a related note, I'm currently reworking this from the ground up to fix a lot of newbie mistakes I made with the scripting and I'm most likely going to make a few minor changes, so suggestions are always welcome!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Thanks for making this hack. Emerald has always been my favorite pokémon game and I'm so happy this exists. I love how you tried to keep it as close to the vanilla game as possible but adding all the mons from the first three gens and lots of small changes to make the experience a lot better. I wanted to replay emerald and I was going to play the vanilla game but now that I've found this hack I'll definitely be playing it instead.

Also, I have a question; I don't know if this has been asked before but, do you think it'd be possible to add Kanto and Johto? Without the story from the previous games obviously, just the explorable regions with random encounters and the gyms maybe. Like in the second gen games when you can visit Kanto after completing Johto. I don't know about Johto but Kanto shouldn't be too hard to add to emerald since the map already exists in FR/LG. It'd be nice to be able to encounter the pokémons from previous gens in their respective regions instead of randomly spawning in Hoenn. But if you can't or don't want to do it it's fine, the hack is already great as it is and, again, thanks for working on this.

Last edited:
Years
Thanks for making this hack. Emerald has always been my favorite pokémon game and I'm so happy this exists. I love how you tried to keep it as close to the vanilla game as possible but adding all the mons from the first three gens and lots of small changes to make the experience a lot better. I wanted to replay emerald and I was going to play the vanilla game but now that I've found this hack I'll definitely be playing it instead.

Also, I have a question; I don't know if this has been asked before but, do you think it'd be possible to add Kanto and Johto? Without the story from the previous games obviously, just the explorable regions with random encounters and the gyms maybe. Like in the second gen games when you can visit Kanto after completing Johto. I don't know about Johto but Kanto shouldn't be too hard to add to emerald since the map already exists in FR/LG. It'd be nice to be able to encounter the pokémons from previous gens in their respective regions instead of randomly spawning in Hoenn. But if you can't or don't want to do it it's fine, the hack is already great as it is and, again, thanks for working on this.

Possible? Sure anything's possible, there's a few problems with extra regions both story/gameplay-wise and coding-wise. When second gen added in the ability to go through Kanto, it was great because of the nostalgia, but it didn't add any real extra challenge to the game (save for battling Blue).
Adding in multiple regions messes with the balance of the game, if I were to make a multi region hack I would have to consider raising the level cap so as to have the difficulty keep pace, and that's something that I feel stretches too far and would break the immersion of the game for me.
Coding-wise, yes the maps exist but the way that the games work, you have to either use the in-game sprites or replace them all, there isn't enough space to have all the necessary assets, so Kanto would look like Hoenn which doesn't sit well with me, the two regions should be visually distinct and if I were to rebuild Kanto or Jhoto in the Hoenn games it would feel like a custom region more than it would give that nostalgic feeling that second gen had.

With all that being said, I think a fun alternative would be something like the Orange Islands ROMhack, story-wise it started at the end of Red's journey in Kanto but you had your Pikachu at level five so that the balance and progression wasn't upset. So how's this: Once you feel you're at the end of your journey you sail off into the sunset (in your own mind) and open a new ROM and it starts off with you on the ship going to Kanto and it's second gen style with both regions but you start with a selection of three of your pokemon from your last save, EVs and IVs and moves all the same but at level five. That's a hack I could get behind!

To conclude, I appreciate your suggestion but it's not something within the scope of this ROM hack, and I doubly appreciate that you like what I've done to really bring out the best that Emerald can be, within a week or so I'll be releasing an update (first one in a while, real life problems suck, eh?) and I hope you and the rest of y'all like it! Thanks for your comment :smile:

Aki

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
This is wonderful. I absolutely love this how you've improved on the game without drastically changing something. Looking forward to what you're going to add and keep up the great work!

Years
This is wonderful. I absolutely love this how you've improved on the game without drastically changing something. Looking forward to what you're going to add and keep up the great work!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it. There's not much more to add, currently I'm wrestling with the Pokecenter script (which is surprisingly complicated) so that you turn around after getting your party healed (got the idea from Crystal Clear)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Possible? Sure anything's possible, there's a few problems with extra regions both story/gameplay-wise and coding-wise. When second gen added in the ability to go through Kanto, it was great because of the nostalgia, but it didn't add any real extra challenge to the game (save for battling Blue).
Adding in multiple regions messes with the balance of the game, if I were to make a multi region hack I would have to consider raising the level cap so as to have the difficulty keep pace, and that's something that I feel stretches too far and would break the immersion of the game for me.
Coding-wise, yes the maps exist but the way that the games work, you have to either use the in-game sprites or replace them all, there isn't enough space to have all the necessary assets, so Kanto would look like Hoenn which doesn't sit well with me, the two regions should be visually distinct and if I were to rebuild Kanto or Jhoto in the Hoenn games it would feel like a custom region more than it would give that nostalgic feeling that second gen had.

Yeah, right after I made my post I realized adding other regions would be tricky and also kind of against trying to keep the hack as loyal to the vanilla game as possible. Not really necessary either, just a personal obsession; I always love it when pokémon games/hacks have more than one region.

I started playing it and I love it (and I found this bug).

dEDnY67.png

Sometimes when catching a pokémon the pokédex entry looks like that. Just happened a couple of times, I think, but I haven't played a lot.

Again, thanks for making this and keep up the good work!

Years
First update in a while (real life stuff). I have completely redone Emerald Final from the ground up in order to fix some newbie mistakes on my part (always repoint to new PokeMart scripts amiright?)

ALSO I have added a few nifty features, now when you heal at a PokeCenter you will be automatically turned around (no more accidental re-heals in superspeed)
Berries ask to be watered when planted and replanted after picking and Mirage Island now spawns after beating the Elite Four (thanks to igorfs10)
and finally, I have painstakingly gone through the entire set of 386 Pokemon's movepool and added all FR/LG exclusive moves and all prior evolution moves (it always made no sense to me how once you evolve you lose access to moves permanently).

I have removed (or more specifically chose not to implement) having the Marts sell more than the vanilla TMs, since they are reusable they are inherently more valuable. If I can decide on balanced placement and price for them, I will add them back in!

Unfortunately there are two bugs I was unable to fix, but luckily they are minor, the big one is in Fortree's gym, the movable barriers glitch out so they seem to be a mismash of pixels, just open your party or bag and then close it and they reset to normal so nbd. The little one is with Kirlia's sprite, it has a few stuck pixles but they are small.
As always, feedback/suggestions are always appreciated! I am so glad that you all have enjoyed what I have done so far and I hope you enjoy these latest additions, especially since they took a LONG time for me to put together (I must have put 10 or so hours into the movesets alone...)

Last edited:
Back