• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monster Art Online (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Hey now, I'm not the jealous type~ ;__;

Actually, this might be quite interesting for a story line; remember on season 2 of SAO,

[and before you read any further, this is the end spoilers of the second season of SAO, sooo don't read on if you don't want them. ;;]

where Kirito somehow got the highest administrative level in the game, even though he was facing the guy who actually made the game? So, what I'm thinking is, perhaps there is some deeper mystery at work here - like a higher operation is behind the scenes; more so than the creator of the game.

It's kind of ironic, isn't it? The creater of the game is trapped by his own success and he doesn't even know it.

Eh... this sounded better in my head. xD I'm sorry, I'm getting way into this, and it forced me to sorta... ramble. xD
There might certainly be some deeper mystery at work in and around MAO ;) Try to think of the mechanics of the world as being inside a game, but if some things don't always add up or if you somehow manage to override stat limitations with willpower or so... that's actually not a bad thing. *evil laugh*

I'll be posting today. :/ I had to miss school today because I was sick.
;; I should post too! I need to respond to Solomon. Then, let's go to Mr Pokémon already, perhaps with a joint post between the two of us? I hope you feel better soon.

Just wanted to say that despite the slowness of my posts, I am working on my posts gradually. I've been writing down my next post in a book, so it'll be up this week.
Book? As in non-digital? That's awesome in that case. Always looking forward to your posts and plot. I hope you'll incorporate us eventually maybe try to recruit Krissu 8D

ALSO: 7000th post on PC. ermagehrd

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Solomon back on the road by his lonesome again. Tis a curse when one makes an antisocial, untrusting, often times rude jerk. :P

B-but, he's simply misunderstood! :(

I need to have him start doing bad things soon, now that I think of it. I haven't quite had the opportunity surface.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
And then Krissu will find and recognize him when he's doing something bad and be all like "you don't have to DO this! You're a good person INSIDE, I KNOW it! blaaargh"

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Well as long as she tacks "blaaargh" on the end, I'm sure he'll be persuaded. :P

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
There might certainly be some deeper mystery at work in and around MAO ;) Try to think of the mechanics of the world as being inside a game, but if some things don't always add up or if you somehow manage to override stat limitations with willpower or so... that's actually not a bad thing. *evil laugh*

You read my mind RHCP. Jercio has already gotten onto that path.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Solomon could always steal Ange's Solosis... leaving her with only a meager Caterpie to protect her from Falkner... XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
THAT would be so evil :(

@ jason - Well, don't overdo it. It's still a game. For now.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
...Can someone please explain how that works, anyway? The "willpower", that is. I'd like to think that there is a logical reason behind it, as that was one of few things that bothered me about the Aincrad arc. As much of an anime fan as I am, deus ex machina is one of those things really bothers me if there's no logic or thematic backing to it other than "it's magic/love/friendship, don't question it."

...Not saying that I'd be against it's inclusion in the RP, nor would it bother me in this case, but I've felt that, in the case of SAO specifically, it's inclusion seemed...like an out of place "look what I can do now" moment deargodi'vebeengoingontvtropestoomuch

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
...Can someone please explain how that works, anyway? The "willpower", that is. I'd like to think that there is a logical reason behind it, as that was one of few things that bothered me about the Aincrad arc. As much of an anime fan as I am, deus ex machina is one of those things really bothers me if there's no logic or thematic backing to it other than "it's magic/love/friendship, don't question it."

...Not saying that I'd be against it's inclusion in the RP, nor would it bother me in this case, but I've felt that, in the case of SAO specifically, it's inclusion seemed...like an out of place "look what I can do now" moment deargodi'vebeengoingontvtropestoomuch

That sorta bothered me during the Aincrad arc too; since one instance was "supposed" to happen because it was programmed, but it didn't; it wasn't a glitch either. I think they were going for the whole 'game limitations are broken by pure heart and determination' bit. That's.. pretty much the only explanation I can see here.That, or it can be a conspiracy by a higher echelon, which was kiiinda the case during the second arc.

Whiiich I thought that it might be a theme on this RP; were a few chosen players chosen by higher powers to perform past limitations? Hmm~

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
That sorta bothered me during the Aincrad arc too; since one instance was "supposed" to happen because it was programmed, but it didn't; it wasn't a glitch either. I think they were going for the whole 'game limitations are broken by pure heart and determination' bit. That's.. pretty much the only explanation I can see here.That, or it can be a conspiracy by a higher echelon, which was kiiinda the case during the second arc.

Whiiich I thought that it might be a theme on this RP; were a few chosen players chosen by higher powers to perform past limitations? Hmm~
That's exactly the reason it bothered me in SAO more than anything else. I do get that they were probably trying to make a parallel to the real world like that, but I really feel that it could have been done another way. The reason it's so odd is because the game it breaks the limitations of the game, a system that up until one of the later episodes presents itself as a secure and fair system and...well, it's an MMO anime, so the fact that they'd pull the "power of heart" card is a little mind boggling.

...Still, this isn't to say that it's impossible (as unlikely as it is). I could see there being some logical explanation for it (I mean, technically speaking, most of the "willpower" moments in anime (and other media such as Western media and video games) do have at least a little bit of logic, even if that logic is at times absurd or stretching it), which is mainly why I pose the question. Heck, I'm not even interested in an actual explanation so much as I am in knowing that one actually exists (and if not in SAO, at least in MAO).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I was not planning it like that; having our players being just anybody and forcing us to struggle without getting anything served on silver spoons makes the whole thing more interesting than if we were specifically "chosen" to be special. I think.

That's exactly the reason it bothered me in SAO more than anything else. I do get that they were probably trying to make a parallel to the real world like that, but I really feel that it could have been done another way. The reason it's so odd is because the game it breaks the limitations of the game, a system that up until one of the later episodes presents itself as a secure and fair system and...well, it's an MMO anime, so the fact that they'd pull the "power of heart" card is a little mind boggling.

...Still, this isn't to say that it's impossible (as unlikely as it is). I could see there being some logical explanation for it (I mean, technically speaking, most of the "willpower" moments in anime (and other media such as Western media and video games) do have at least a little bit of logic, even if that logic is at times absurd or stretching it), which is mainly why I pose the question. Heck, I'm not even interested in an actual explanation so much as I am in knowing that one actually exists (and if not in SAO, at least in MAO).
What I'm thinking, if anything, is that this whole game world is generated and in much steered by the brains of the players. While the software provides the frames and limits within which the game takes place and the nerve gear routes it to the brains by electric impulses, what's going between the nerve gear and the brain is more than just visual stuff. Emotion originates as impulses in the brain and these could perhaps somehow reprogram or reroute the software if they were strong enough or accurate enough.

Fara stealing a pokédex was not this kind of rerouting/reprogramming. It was merely cleverness. And will be dealt with by the existing frames of the game.

Perhaps Fel's employers have found out how to do this? Perhaps Solomon will find out how to crack the system on his foreveralone expeditions? Perhaps Krissu's trail of vengeance on the game itself will present an opportunity to do something that would be downright impossible in the real world, but plausible enough inside a virtual world where imagination, when it all comes down to it, is the limit?

Maybe someone skilled in programming would puke on me now. I don't care. I understand your point, machomuu, and I too prefer when things make sense at some point. But I think we can actually allow ourselves some kind of creative freedom here. If my slightly illogical suggestion for this stuff seems too bad though, we can keep discussing :p

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
I plan to post soon, and in other news I'm on the champion in black 2.

Samurot, ampharos, flygon, lucario, magmar, and scolipede. With any luck I'll win.

this does bring up a question I have for you though. I did say I wanted my trainer to be a fossil hunter, but in gen 2 you couldn't really get fossils, so is there any way I can still get one?

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Here is my alpha SU

Real Age: 19
Real Gender: Male
Personality: Shane is a bit...hot-headed. Whenever things start to go south, he starts to go mad. He isn't one to forgive easily, so if you anger him once, he won't forgive you unless you do something like save his life. Whene he's nervous, he'll burst out with random comments. He's very smart and he prides himself as a Grade-A gamer. He's a proud owner of every MMO released for the Nervegear, and he's reached the highest level on all of them, making him a bit arrogant. Derek isn't exactly smooth, but he isn't awkward. He is also a bit clumsy, despite his deep voice.
History: (include where on Earth you live)

Avatar Appearance: Shadow is roughly 6'6. He weighs 160 pounds
Starter Pokémon: Shade the Sneasel

Roleplay Sample: (provide a post from another RP you've been in. As recent as possible, but it should still reflect how you are planning to post in this RP. If you really have no sample post, type something up on the spot to show off!)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Sorry about the brief haitus; I was just a taaaad too addicted to the new forum that I forgot to post.. D=

But I'm back in business ~!
Hahaha, the X/Y one? It's very busy, for being about games that don't exist yet XD

I plan to post soon, and in other news I'm on the champion in black 2.

Samurot, ampharos, flygon, lucario, magmar, and scolipede. With any luck I'll win.

this does bring up a question I have for you though. I did say I wanted my trainer to be a fossil hunter, but in gen 2 you couldn't really get fossils, so is there any way I can still get one?
Good luck :p

Yes, there will be opportunities to get fossils in other ways. Fossils from any region. :> Eventually.

Here is my alpha SU
Hope you'll finish it soon!

It really is time to move on from this everlasting Route 30 haha. Fuyu, feel free to write about Mr Pokémon next :p or anything.

Back