• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Shining Waters and Hazing Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 14, 2016
I like the tiles...not to huge on the Fakemon though...but i will be watching this hack.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Hey papayaperson, by ScreenShots your hacks look Great..

your mapping and choice of tileset is amazing, though I didn't liked the idea of Fake-New-Starters but its not much against your mapping, I wish your hacks will get HotY's
but remember to release alphas or it'll be considered as "Not worked on" anyway, take your time and publish your hacks a lot by posting mini updates so more people would aknowledge it..

Happy Hacking!

You know, the Fakemon starters might not appeal to absolutely everyone, but they keep things fresh and make the hack more...unique one might say? If you don't like Fakemon, there's always the option of playing with original, Gamefreak mons caught in the wild :)

I love those maps and tiles.. but you're fakemon could use a little bit of shading and smoothing.. I'm not a spriter or anything I'm just giving you ideas.. =)

I'll see what I can do regarding Fakemon polishing, but first I need to actually sprite some new ones and complete some backsprites so that the dex gets filled. Thanks for the feedback though, we appreciate that :]

I like the tiles...not to huge on the Fakemon though...but i will be watching this hack.

Glad you like the tiles! As for Fakemon, see above.

Anyways, keeping you guys updated: Currently Papaya is working on scripts, and I took some WIP screenshots from Route 4 before sending him the rom back.
route4_by_pokemonswhf-d7bbdtk.png

As you can see, walking frames of the OWs are implemented (with a fancy shadow and all that). Running frames are still missing but it surely won't take that long to make those :P
Route 4 connects the (currently nameless) mountain town and the first beach area in the game. Gonna showcase some of that scenery soon!

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Good luck on this one guys! I can't wait to see a beta, along with all of those goody Fakemons you guys have been posting. I will definitely keep my eyes on this one.

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Hmm... The tiles look alright, Story sounds okay, and scripts I have not seen so I cannot say much but where I come from A hack is based off these three things: Graphics,Story,Scripts. :P Anyways mapping is good, hope to see scripts soon ^^

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
beach_by_pokemonswhf-d7cdlu7.gif

Dunno what to say, it's a beach. Still work in progress ;)
Also, we need someone that can help with creative Fakemon names, I'm not really good at such things. Message me if interested.

Smeargle

Illusory
Years
beach_by_pokemonswhf-d7cdlu7.gif

Dunno what to say, it's a beach. Still work in progress ;)
Also, we need someone that can help with creative Fakemon names, I'm not really good at such things. Message me if interested.

Love the way you made the water, sand seems a bit repetitive though.
Very inspirational overall, have you done all the sprite work?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Love the way you made the water, sand seems a bit repetitive though.
Very inspirational overall, have you done all the sprite work?

I'll add some more details for the sand (shells, dunes/hills etc.) soon, but yeah I can see it being repetitive at the moment. It's WIP after all ;)
And yep, I implemented everything that has to do with the visuals. The overworld/Fakemon sprites are made by me, the tiles are made by others.

Smeargle

Illusory
Years
I'll add some more details for the sand (shells, dunes/hills etc.) soon, but yeah I can see it being repetitive at the moment. It's WIP after all ;)
And yep, I implemented everything that has to do with the visuals. The overworld/Fakemon sprites are made by me, the tiles are made by others.

Well keep up the beautiful work on those maps and tiles!
I don't usually play fakemon games but I will certainly give this one a try. :)

Only thing other than that that I might comment on is that the fakemon do need slight touchups.
But I am sure you will get all of this finished before you release the game :)

Best of luck,
-smeargle

Years
whoa dat mapping
DAT WATER
them tiles
Cant wait

Btw fakemons could get some improvement
Are there any pokemon available?
Sucks that this is not a non fakemon hack the pokemon sprites would fit better with ur amazing tiles but again thats my opinion im not that much of a fan of fakemons
I like the steel and ghost 1 though

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
whoa dat mapping
DAT WATER
them tiles
Cant wait

Btw fakemons could get some improvement
Are there any pokemon available?
Sucks that this is not a non fakemon hack the pokemon sprites would fit better with ur amazing tiles but again thats my opinion im not that much of a fan of fakemons
I like the steel and ghost 1 though

Thanks. :]
And I'm not sure if you read this thread or just looked at the pics, but pretty much all of your questions have already been answered.

That being said, the OP got an update. The screenshots now all have the new OW and pretty much the latest tiles.
Also, I'm happy to say that this hack will have music from other Pokemon games, at least to some extent. Huge thanks goes to xGal who already inserted 5 tracks so far. For example, the trainer battle theme is now the Subway battle theme from 5th gen. (5th gen OST= best kthanksbai)

And yes, we still need (good) scripters.. It's seriously crucial for the progress of this project. So yeah, if you're good at scripting, please join by sending me a PM.probably won't get any, but hey, it's worth a try, right?

Years
Thanks. :]
And I'm not sure if you read this thread or just looked at the pics, but pretty much all of your questions have already been answered.

That being said, the OP got an update. The screenshots now all have the new OW and pretty much the latest tiles.
Also, I'm happy to say that this hack will have music from other Pokemon games, at least to some extent. Huge thanks goes to xGal who already inserted 5 tracks so far. For example, the trainer battle theme is now the Subway battle theme from 5th gen. (5th gen OST= best kthanksbai)

And yes, we still need (good) scripters.. It's seriously crucial for the progress of this project. So yeah, if you're good at scripting, please join by sending me a PM.probably won't get any, but hey, it's worth a try, right?

I missed the part on the first post about original and fakemon my apologies

Best of luck finding scripters

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
All I can say is wow. This is easily the most visually appealing hack I have ever seen. I can only hope that you manage to find a balance of great mapping and fantastic story telling too. I, for one, can't wait to see where you go with this hack. Keep it up.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
salaqua_line_by_pokemonswhf-d75mbya.png

I don't think I've posted these yet, these are sprites of the water starters. Their horns are basically corals, so I'm thinking about making the evolutions part rock-type as well. Thoughts? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back