• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
Years
Personally, I feel Johto should be subject to another game, a possible sequel if the creator decides to go that route. After all, I'm pretty sure there isn't intended to be any Gen 2 Pokemon in this. If there is a sequel, I'm hoping they'll do just what they've been doing with the story. (i.e. giving us backstory to various events in Gold/ Silver, like why Red is on Mt. Silver, why did Blue because Viridian City's Gym Leader, why did Team Rocket come back after allegedly/ formerly disbanding)

I have my ideas on what might have transpired to cause all of these but that's in another post, if it gets posted. I don't know what happened to it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
hmmm is it jusy me or when i go to the fisher man dude in fuschia the game stop its not froze its just nothing hapening and i cant move or do anything at all

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
I had that issue when I first went there, after that I avoided going there again and now when I went to go check after you posted that it works fine. It's probably a glitch that happens when you haven't done certain things before hand.

annndddd apparently they have a special secret on the hook of the good rod...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
So I don't know if this has been addressed yet as the thread is pretty long, but the Viridian City Mart is totally available to purchase items through. I assume it was an oversight so I figured I'd put it out there. BTW I love this hack. Best hack I think I've ever played

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
I can't test this right now as I have low enough bounty to shop anywhere but are you sure your bounty is high enough where you can't shop anywhere else?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 8, 2018
So I don't know if this has been addressed yet as the thread is pretty long, but the Viridian City Mart is totally available to purchase items through. I assume it was an oversight so I figured I'd put it out there. BTW I love this hack. Best hack I think I've ever played
I can't shop there, maybe the bounty is set higher than other marts?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 9, 2019
I love this game <333 by coincidence I just clicked on the wrong bookmark and then saw that there was a new version :^) already played the whole new beta and its fcking awesome to be a mod and later on a rocket executive

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
Years
Guys, the feedback on beta 3 has been truly heartwarming. Getting to see that you got what I wanted out of the game is just what makes it all worth it. Eternally grateful for everyone who posted their thoughts, thanks and musings! ;)

Just as after last year's release, I'm giving my mind a small break from Rocket Edition for a little while, but will be back with a vengeance to work on the next release very soon. And yes, the next release of Rocket Edition will complete the game's main missions and story. Just the thought of that gets me a little giddy to get back into it. Stay tuned.
just finished beta 3, great great update, loved your text. loved how you expanded givonni character. flowed like the ocean man. side quests are also very fun. im real excited to see what the future holds...love the costume changes as well, brilliant!, I look forward to see how this rocket changes the course of time and plenty of suspense and excitement . thanks a lot for putting the creative effort in!.
Just loved it! great work . The Bill at end though , was a real thriller, didn't had a idea what he was gonna say. The sad thing now is we have to wait a long while for the next beta again. Good luck to that. Also the koga sidequest, what are we supposed to do? And the loot from team rocket seems quite low :/ being lowkey gives you earthquake and sludge bomb , is their another way to get em;? or something else?
Whoot! The next beta is out. I am seriously contemplating on whether to wait for the whole game or just play the latest beta. (More tempted to wait)
Anyway, It's nice to see a release after a while as it hints at the continuity of this hack.
Best storyline I've seen in a hack so far!
Great work! There was a lot more here than I expected (although I really wanted to snatch that Bulbasaur, though!). And what a cliffhanger!

There was an oddity regarding some NPCs (like the rocket admins at the base near the end, for example).

Also, I hate that Ronnie guy, haha!

Spoiler:
Team rocket hack roms are always welcome :D Also, it would be cool a mode where pokemon doesn't earn xp and we have to focus in robbing, just in rocket style haha
Thanks for the replies! I was really pleasantly surprised when my scyther evolved to scizor at lv 44.

I just finished the game and got totally sucked into the plot, and then there was a cliffhanger D: It's kinda strange but I feel an odd loyalty to Giovanni lol
Is a great ROM, i finished them, and the all secondary quests except the koga's, idk what to do, i try to enter in the safari zone but he dont let me in, a/w is an awesome rom
Just finished the beta 3... insanely awesomeeee!!! best rom hack i ever played.. please keep it updated , hopefully V4 will come soon with more missions! :) Awesome hack, thx a milion
This is the greatest hack I have ever played.
I used to think Pokémon Light Platinum was the best ROM hack but this one blows it out the water. The writing is sooo good man totally stayed into it the whole time and don't be afraid of long dialogues because there is so much world building. Love the filthy mouths everyone have too. Great hack man I created a account just to comment, is beta 4 on the horizon? Also I'm restarting my save to catch that charmander.
This is so far one of the best hacks I've played, I'm pretty hyped for the next beta!
Wow, That is really awesome. I am gonna check it
Completed the game completely this time. Along with obtaining life orb and completing the koga quest. The game's surely one of the best.
Also don't ask about how I completed the koga quest, its quite easy and fun to do. The game gives enough hints, It's better to try yourself.
Ahh just finished the current story... I want more so desperately, can't wait for next update!
I love this game <333 by coincidence I just clicked on the wrong bookmark and then saw that there was a new version :^) already played the whole new beta and its fcking awesome to be a mod and later on a rocket executive
"Winning Trainers: Blue, Red, MOHAMMED SMITH" I always laugh when I see it :D. I can't wait next update :P
So, there is more stuff that I can explore after all? I might have to do some more checking now that I'm at a standstill. It's going to suck losing the party I built, though. Some of them I even got through legitimate means since I'm quite lousy at being a bad guy as is.

Anyhow, thanks for creating the first hack that drew enough of my attention that I actually played a Pokemon game again. Seeing the storyline drew me in. I've mostly only been dabbling in some of the darker lore and creepypastas in the past month or so. (Man, some ghost Pokemon really do have some terrifying intentions for Pokemon and humans alike.)
Without you guys, I am naught. <3 Thanks for all the support!
Notes made in this version:
Red's room looks messed up (may be a mistake from patching? If anyone has the same problem than say it too please)
Several people in the lab on cinnabor island make the game crash if you talk to them
The thieves and scientists in the mansion on cinnabon island give a lot of money ranging 1,4k to ~2,6k (not that it matters with how ****ty the rocket shop is... can't shop anywhere with my currently 175k bounty... xD)
*edit: All trade pokemons are not exactly named... just a strange string of letters this includes all to me known ingame trades
The scientists in silph co also give ~1,6-7k $ per kil- er beaten scientist
Bill gives almost nothing and he is a boss battle... xD (why does he not have a chansey?! This things are rare as hell in those old games... xD)
THIS GODDAMNED ENDING! You like your cliff hangers...
[...]
One can't challenge the celadon gymn... the guy that uses cut doesnt show up to free the way
One can't challenge the cinnabor island gymn... it's locked and the crowbar doesnt work on it

end bounty: 265k
Thanks for the kind words! The high battle rewards and Cinnabar Gym being inaccessible are oversights on my part, but the other bugs you mentioned I can't seem to replicate.
Which emulator are you using, and are you sure you patched the Rocket Edition file to a clean FireRed v1.0 file? (Celadon Gym should be fully accessible after completing your Pallet mission.)
I hate to ask, but how do I transfer my old save to this?
Assuming you're using VisualBoyAdvance: Simply copy your old .SAV file from beta 2, apply Rocket Edition beta 3's patch to a new clean FireRed ROM, and then rename your old .SAV file to have the same name as your new ROM. :D
Hey I just downloaded this ROM for today's Beta 3.0 and I must say, it's very impressive and addictive so far. Was definitely gutted when I finished the Beta as I wanted to play on. Also just wondering when will the whole game be completed, and will I be able to bring over my team from the Beta to the next betas/complete game? If so, please teach me how :P. THANKS AND I REALLY ENJOY THIS GAME!
Thank you ;) 99% sure save files from beta 3 will work just fine for the final release. (Just follow the steps in my reply to Jeremy96 above.)

im the boss now!!
Haha there's a bit of a continuity oversight, isn't it? Thanks for pointing out ;)
Okay so I used a fire red rom but now my screen is just white :( I tried again got it going with clean fire red rom and ips and I left and I'm stuck in the trees again, is there a link for clean fire red rom with tutorial how to patch it? Would be very helpful.
Sounds like you need to find yourself a FireRed Version v1.0 ROM (patching it to v1.1 usually gives this white-screen problem). It would be against forum policies (and the law?) to post the ROM here, but should be Google-able pretty easy.
Amazing hack! I gotta say, I'm always on the lookout for Team Rocket hacks but for all the ones I played before, it never really felt immersive until I got to this one. The plot and characters are all really well fleshed out.

I wanted to ask, how do the trade evo pokemon evolve? I really want a gengar. Also, is umbreon in the game? Because if not I'll go ahead and evolve my eevee into jolteon. And how does scyther evolve?

Thanks again for all your hard work, I love this game :D
I could have sworn there was, maybe I am thinking another game. Easy enough to check...

Spoiler:

colonelsalt; if you don't want that posted i do apologize.
flyandfall: thank you so much for the kind words! Trade-evolved Pokémon indeed evolve through level-up; click afterlifex's kindly provided spoiler tags to get the details (or just wait and train your Pokémon in suspense ;D).
Hey, so I just applied the new patch, and when I left the Rocket Base after getting promoted, the game said I was in a forest named Celadon City. Weird huh. Well it bit me later. After defeating Daisy, I flew back to Celadon City. None of the interactive signs or buildings worked so I couldn't do anything there. The game works perfectly fine with everything else except Celadon City, any ideas?
Hello there, I just finished Beta Three. I decided to play it from the beginning, and yes, I cheesed the game again by using Beta One. And in the process, I realized the biggest cheese of them all: Alakazam.
[...]
I did run into one glitch during my playthrough, just a minor one. Opening up the menu while surfing caused the character sprite to glitch out (splitting into pieces), which was fixed after any battle encounter. I was also bummed out that I couldn't steal Bill's Dragonair, but what are you gonna do?

One last thing: screw you Ronnie.
Hahha thank you. And thanks for the in-depth strategising. Aware of the Surf glitch and looking into a fix.
for version 3.0 i am having issues with playing it because it's a .ips file, will there be a different version aswell or are there any ways to change the type of file to the type vba emulator can run? (pc)

(P.S i really like this rom hack great job!)

thanks for your time it is very appreciated
Thanks! ;)
You'll want to get ahold of a clean FireRed ROM, download a program called Lunar IPS, and apply it to the ROM file -- then you'll have the game ready to play.
I'm at fuschia city and I went into a house and through their back door and then when I walked through it there was 2 people looking into their pond I guess, but the important part is that you can't move or open your menu while their.
That's odd-- thanks for pointing it out! Can't seem to reproduce the bug, though. Which emulator are you using?
New Glitch/Bug

so idid not bother going to rock tunnel but after i became Executive i tried finishing the side missions etc clearing up routes, so i fought hikers near and inside rock tunnel and i stole their pokemon and ryhorn appears when you steal it its level 44 so there is about 3 or 4 bug ryhorns using the rare candies evolve it and boom easy . teach it surf too LOL
Hello there! First of all, I'm loving this hack. Holy hell, this update is brilliant. Thank you so much for creating it! Secondly, I'd like to report a, uh... bug? I think? Or did you make this on purpose? Anyway here's the thing:
I have waited until the last promotion to executive before tackling a few side quests. Once I'm an executive, I accept to beat up the Psychic guy in Saffron and I get to choose which pokemon I can steal him. The weird thing is that I'm offered three pokemon: two of those I battled and then, instead of a kadabra, a Venusaur, out of nowhere. I'm curious, so I pick the venusaur and immediately check the PC. I actually stole a whooping lv. 59 venusaur from the guy, with petal dance, worry seed, solarbeam and synthesis. Is this normal? XD
At mr. psychics house, after beating him for a side mission one of the steal-able pokemon is venusaur and when fighting him he definitely didn't use one... I don't think,
Hahahaha. Thank you guys for pointing this out. I know exactly what causes this bug and how to remove it, but didn't know it was present in these cases. Until I correct it, treat your Rhyhorns and Venusaurs as your bug-finding easter egg rewards.
For Celadon Gym I went to the tree and pressed A the guy showed up, i dont know why it doesn't do that for you it must be some bug.
Cinnabar's Island Gym is for the next beta mate, also the crowbar i don't know the use for it either.

End bounty: 425k, executive and all main pokemon above lvl 65.

Also colonelsalt now the end is near from this beta right? I dont want to be hasty or anything but could y answer me this: The next beta will it be big extra quests, different main story than fire red and Player ruling Kanto or will it be the normal stuff till he go to Indigo Plateu and defeat Lance, Red and then it's the end? Don't give spoilers just say is it big beta or small? Also Moderators, Admins and Owners sorry and forgive me if i broke any rules with my post.
so i have a couple of question about youre great hack. do you intend to put a selling pokemon thing? are you goin to put vs seeker?. are you goin to put jhoto since rocket is part of the story there tho and since the story you made so far is so good i wouldnt mind for jhoto. good luck on youre hack beautiful work so far cant wait foor more :D also is it possible to add infinite amount of sidequest like go beat this guy steal that ect ect?
I love the side quest of this game, robbing a pokemart was a lot of fun. The koga side quest took my an hour just cause I didn't pay enough attention to what everyone had to say... And I liked how the pewter city poke center side quest and the I guess you could say underground business side quest went together. Also will the next update allow us to get promoted again so we can steal gym leaders pokemon? Because right now I'm waiting to fight gyms because I want that so badly.

Also is can you add a bribe 100,000 to the police officers because it take a long time to bribe off all my bounty so I could buy from poke shops and get the rewards from police officers.
Thanks, guys ;D My lips remain sealed about plot/gameplay details for the final release, but eventually getting to steal from Gym Leaders is... not an unrealistic expectation.
Thank you. :3 Get yourself a bounty high enough, and try your luck at the Viridian Mart again ;)

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
Years
I'm still rather curious how the whole Team Rocket disbanding by the end of Red will play out. I'll take whatever you have planned. I'm just hoping there will be explanations and backstory behind the return of Team Rocket in Gold/ Silver and possibly why Red and Blue are where they are in Gold/ Silver.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

TD013

8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2022
6 months since I checked and still working on it. What like to see. Keep it up! I'll wait for completion to play this :)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
i was just thinking, idk how hard it would be, but what about stealing itams from people? like bone club, stick, lightball , tms etc etc and stick them in random places in peoples houses etc etc

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
In fushia city with the glitch of walking out the back door into the fishers back yard with a small pond in it freezing you that I mentioned before, you said you weren't able to replicate the glitch. I think this is happening not because of my emulator but because when I walked into there, because I tried to go out the back door again but then it had an animation where the fisherman is telling his son his secrets for his rod. I'm pretty sure the glitch where you freeze happens when you haven't done a certain thing in the game yet... I might not have talked to the fishing guru before going there... Not to sure if I did or not but just saying that your probably need to do something before going there, and if you don't it will freeze.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 12, 2017
I just patched to beta 1.3 and when I go outside of the gamr corner I walk out into trees and the crashes.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
I just patched to beta 1.3 and when I go outside of the gamr corner I walk out into trees and the crashes.

That seems to happen if you try to patch your old version of the rom, so try to patch a fresh fire red rom then to keep your save change the .sav files name to that of your new version that you made.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 11, 2018
This is quite literally the greatest rom hack story that I have come across. The mixture with in game characters with popular theories really makes the game stick out from the rest in an amazing way. Please keep up the wonderful work, and not to be rude but when do you estimate the next beta might be?

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
Years
I think I'll get back to the hack and see what all I missed, including the optional stuff and trainer battles. I mainly stuck close to the main-line stuff, doing optional stuff that wasn't too far out of the way. (i.e going to Fuscia City)

Back