• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most touching video game death scene? (WARNING: May contian spoilers)

Saddest death scene?

• Dominic "Dom" Santiago (Gears of War 3)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Aeris (Final Fantasy VII)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • John Marston (Red Dead Redemption)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • other...

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
John Marston for me, fought so hard for what was taken from him and before he knows it he loses everything even after he held up his end of the bargain, got to admit seeing what happened at the end brought a literal tear to my eye.

Mephodicus

Inventor
Years
John Marston for me, fought so hard for what was taken from him and before he knows it he loses everything even after he held up his end of the bargain, got to admit seeing what happened at the end brought a literal tear to my eye.

Gotta agree with you there, I teared up a bit at the end. He was just a guy who was in the gutter when he was young and was trying to make things right. That's what killed me.

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
John Marston hands down!
He finally got back to his home and family and start back on his farm and teach his son then bang, Blackwater agents got him. It's tragic, and the way he died after all those men put bullets in him.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.
Spoiler:

Honourable mention goes to Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days since that made me cry too except there's a line in the death scene that makes you snort with laughter when it comes up and (understandably) kind of ruins the mood. (YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT IF YOU'VE PLAYED.)

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I think instead of putting a warning in the title it'd be much better to just spoiler your answer and mention what game it is.

There is only one appropriate choice for me.

Metal Gear Solid 3:
Spoiler:

Really the only death scene I ever felt actually touched me. The song played against the character was so fitting too, it pretty much tells the whole story about the scene.

Last edited:

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
John Marston. I hated how he returned home to live with his family and at the end he gets brutally murdered.
Spoiler:

Years
I voted Dom in Gears 3 but there was others that came to mind

Halo: Reach
Spoiler:

Halo 3
Spoiler:

Portal 2
Spoiler:

Fable 2
Spoiler:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Honourable mention goes to Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days since that made me cry too except there's a line in the death scene that makes you snort with laughter when it comes up and (understandably) kind of ruins the mood. (YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT IF YOU'VE PLAYED.)
That was really sad. I haven't really played games in a while so I forgot some deaths, but the one in 358/2 Days was pretty heartbreaking.

Spoiler:

Beachcomber

Wandering Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • NC
  • Seen Jun 27, 2013
Hnnng Fable 2 was so sad ; __ ;

I'm actually going to say Medal Of Honor though.
Spoiler:

Khawill

<3
Years
Well, I was pretty young when I beat ffx and that was the saddest VG "death" (Idk if it counts) I've ever seen, though I've never beat ff7 and theres a lot of games I havent played

Years
The ending of FFX. Even though it really wasn't a death, more of a fading into non-existance, it still feared me up. Another one that got to me was the death in FFX-2, well, actually the whole video that went with the song 1,000 Words got to me.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Well, Infinite Space came to mind, as the only game I've played that could both be called story-based and contains character deaths. Ha. So, between the scene's music, the fact one was working with him in the past and how soul-crushingly easy his fleet is to destroy at this point, I've found the death of Vilchjo Valso to be the most poignant.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
It's not really an 100% death scene.
But mine is in Golden Sun 2 : the Lost Age.

Spoiler:

Iit was touching because you feel all triumpant of defeating the final boss, and it turns out, you could of murdered your parents if you did it any worse( more strength).
Kinda touches you and kills ya mood.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Aeris'(Aerith's?) death was probably the thing that hit me the most. Yes the plot had something to do with it but that isn't the real reason it hurt me the most. You see on my first play through of FFVII, during the first disc I exclusively used Cloud, Tifa and Aeris(Aerith?) whenever I could. I missed a lot of the optional stuff so Vincent and Yuffie weren't even on my team. But near the end of disc one I had already obtained Omnislash and Great Gospel(the latter is a complete waste of time). So I get to this sad end and I realise that my party is one third weaker than what it was just moments ago. Now you know this gets worse since Cloud is missing for like half of disc two and Tifa is only gets like 5 more minutes with you before she joins Cloud. So Aeris'(Aerith's?) death was sad for me because it was the start of the hardships that were to come and clearly she was a character I liked a lot that's why she always on my team.

Now the death actually touched me the most and doesn't affect game play.. You never see this death, in fact it makes it even sadder that you don't. Throughout FFIX you get to know a wide range of characters, one of the most prominent ones is Vivi, the artificial Black Mage. Most of the game is actually about Vivi following Zidane around as he learns about life and even death. One of the things the game points out is that these artificial Black Mages have very short lifespans. At the end of the game the epilogue is a bunch of scenes some months after the final boss fight depicting the state of the world and how everyone is getting along. However, Vivi is dead and between scene transmissions you read parts of a letter Vivi wrote before he died, supposedly to Zidane whom he admired most and is also presumably dead. I'm not very good at explaining this you can just watch the youtube video here.

lloebet

[color=#58FAD0][font=geo][u][i]Ancient[/i][/u][/fo
Years
In Kingdom hearts the death of Xion made me a little sad.

Back