• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
So it's been a while since I've hacked, about 2-3 years, and the other day I decided to get into it again.

So I downloaded the tools I usually use, pokescript, and and advanced map, and went to town.

Problem is, the version I downloaded quits if you ask a yes/ no question to the player. Regardless of what they pick, the script ends.

So I have a few questions.

1. Does anyone have a download link to a working version of pokescript that isn't that stupid 4shared one.
2. Is pokescript out dated? Is there something else I should use that's similar?

I love to hack, but I'd hate to have to learn a whole new scripting language.

Anyway, thanks.
Oh, and added a youtube video so you all know I sort of know what I'm doing, and I'm not some noob that took fire red and turned all the houses into caves or something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyfwplS1E6o

You should deffinately learn XSE. HackMew made the program and it's fairly similar to PokeScript. You should get the latest version (though I dont know where... :I) and look at Diego's tutorial on it. Its a translated version of thethethethe's PokeScript tutorial.

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012
You should deffinately learn XSE. HackMew made the program and it's fairly similar to PokeScript. You should get the latest version (though I dont know where... :I) and look at Diego's tutorial on it. Its a translated version of thethethethe's PokeScript tutorial.

I have tried XSE before, but was never truly a fan of it, and ended up going back to pokescript.
Ideally I'd like to get the version of pokescript I need, but I will resort to XSE if I have to.

Thanks for the reply!

droomph

weeb
Years
I have tried XSE before, but was never truly a fan of it, and ended up going back to pokescript.
Ideally I'd like to get the version of pokescript I need, but I will resort to XSE if I have to.

Thanks for the reply!
I dunno why you would like Pokescript, but it's been out of commission since, like, three years.

Try PKSV. It's kinda the same with the development thing, but it's a lot easier to use, and it's a tiny bit less out of date.

But ultimately try XSE again, I'm sure you'll love it.

Also, remember to try Darthatron's Scripter when it does come out. I heard it's gonna be awwwwweesome ^^

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012
I dunno why you would like Pokescript, but it's been out of commission since, like, three years.

Try PKSV. It's kinda the same with the development thing, but it's a lot easier to use, and it's a tiny bit less out of date.

But ultimately try XSE again, I'm sure you'll love it.

Also, remember to try Darthatron's Scripter when it does come out. I heard it's gonna be awwwwweesome ^^

What's so great about XSE?
it seems exactly the same only it has a built in editor, and replaces things like "#raw 0x53" with "HideSprite" or something.

I guess I could give it a whirl, once again, thanks for the replies!
Anyone have a link to an XSE version guaranteed to work?

Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
What's so great about XSE?
it seems exactly the same only it has a built in editor, and replaces things like "#raw 0x53" with "HideSprite" or something.

I guess I could give it a whirl, once again, thanks for the replies!
Anyone have a link to an XSE version guaranteed to work?

Well the only thing is that it is sorta simplified, plus a good amount of the community uses it so it has more support.

Ill try to find a link for you too.

EDIT:
In this post, DrFuji posted a link to the newest one.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7103538&postcount=6670

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012
Well the only thing is that it is sorta simplified, plus a good amount of the community uses it so it has more support.

Ill try to find a link for you too.

EDIT:
In this post, DrFuji posted a link to the newest one.

Thanks! I often used thethethethe's tutorials, so I think the other guys tutorial would be useful to me, however you never left his full name, so sadly I'm having trouble finding it.

Do you have a link by chance?

Also very impressed by the community so far, thanks for all the help!

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2012

Ah thank you! I hope you all download and enjoy my hack when it's released.

First XSE script and I'm having minor issues.
So I'm using a hide sprite command, however the sprite only disappears once you leave and re-enter the room. Is there a way to force an update without fading the screen or something?

If you want the code, it's here.

Code:
#dynamic 0x2DD100

#org @start
lock
msgbox @1 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take
release
end

#org @take
hidesprite 0x04
setflag 0x1007
msgbox @2 0x4
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
setflag 0x829
special 0x16F
release
end

#org @1
= There's a Pokedex on\nthe ground.\pWould you like to pick it up?

#org @2
= [black_fr]You received a Pokedex!

facepalm
Figured it out.
Nevermind

Last edited:

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
Hey everyone I have a quick question.
#org $script
faceplayer
message $talk
$talk 1 = Hey bro I am going to get \nsome lunch. Seeya later.
boxset 6
applymovement 7 $move
$move 1 ; #binary #raw 0x07 0x07 0x07 0x05 0x05 0x05 0x05 0x54
pausemove 0x0000
#raw 53
#raw 22
#raw 00
setflag 0x200
release
end
This script works, but after I talk to the sprite it freezes my game. He says what he is supposed to and everything, but then when I try to move my character/sprite it wont work. I only want this person that I talk to in the game to happen once. Can someone help me?

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
I'm having some trouble making a script. I want to basically count the steps a hero takes. I originally was going to use the safari's script but its a special and idk how to edit that. Ant advice?

Nevermind. I basically wanted to make it so a player has to occasionally eat something (items im inserting into the game) or they cant run untill they eat again.

I was going to use a step counter (like the safari zone uses) but it seems way too unnecessary for this type of thing.

I allready know how to check the statysbyte of the RTC so im using that instead. So now if a player doesnt eat every 3 hours the flag for running shoes is reset until they eat again.

Thanks anyways :D

Last edited:

redx2dth

Metapods' got class!
Years
Is there a way to give a pokemon pkrs? If so what command is used?

You have to use ASM.

(I didnt make this, JPAN did so credits go to him)

This code here allows you to cure, immunize and catch the pokemon virus. To make it work, put in var 0x8005 a number between 0x1 and 0xf to give it, 0x0 to cure but not immunize and 0x10 or higher to immunize the pokemon, preventing him to ever catch the virus again (even with this code)

ASM Code:
Spoiler:

Compiled and ready:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
step on tile script

hey everyone i have a quick question, is there a certain way you're supposed to make scripts that happen when you walk on the tile? say for a rival battle, or you can walk here without a certain thing? i've tried a million different ways maybe i'm missing something. this is my simple example of walking to a cave but you cant go there cause you havent gotten a pokemon yet.

Spoiler:

obviously im gonna spice it up with flags, but am i way off course? i looked at scripts already in the game and they use the lockall command...
p.s. im using pksv, but i have xse worse case scenario

any guidance would be appreciated thanks!

Years
hey everyone i have a quick question, is there a certain way you're supposed to make scripts that happen when you walk on the tile? say for a rival battle, or you can walk here without a certain thing? i've tried a million different ways maybe i'm missing something. this is my simple example of walking to a cave but you cant go there cause you havent gotten a pokemon yet.

Spoiler:

obviously im gonna spice it up with flags, but am i way off course? i looked at scripts already in the game and they use the lockall command...
p.s. im using pksv, but i have xse worse case scenario

any guidance would be appreciated thanks!

What you're trying to do is a trip script.
I have a video that shows and explains how to make them.
I do believe you have to use XSE to do them though.
Skip to 8:35 for trip script tutorial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhvDX1_b8Ek

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
You have to use ASM.

(I didnt make this, JPAN did so credits go to him)

This code here allows you to cure, immunize and catch the pokemon virus. To make it work, put in var 0x8005 a number between 0x1 and 0xf to give it, 0x0 to cure but not immunize and 0x10 or higher to immunize the pokemon, preventing him to ever catch the virus again (even with this code)

ASM Code:
b507 push {r0-r2, lr}
4806 ldr r0, 0x0203f414 ;Misc block data storage address
6800 ldr r0, [r0]
4906 ldr r1, 0x020370C2 ;var 0x8005, keeps pokerus new status
7802 ldrb r2, [r0]
2a0f cmp r2, 0xf ; if immune, do nothing
dc02 bgt end
8809 ldrh r1, [r1] ;time to remain, bigger than 10 to immunize
2910 cmp r1, 0x10
db00 blt infect
2110 mov r1, 0x10
7001 infect:strb r1, [r0]
bd07 end:pop {r0-r2, lr}

Compiled and ready:
07 B5 06 48 00 68 06 49 02 78 0F 2A 04 DC 09 88
10 29 00 DB 10 21 01 70 07 BD 00 00 14 F4 03 02
C2 70 03 02
Just figured to point out that the assembly code doesn't match with how it's written in hexadecimal below (changes in bold).

Besides, what's up with there being no "command" bytes. So far, the "compiled" code only contains bytes that are stored in different registers etc. although the stuff after 07 BD seems to have something to do with all that code before it.

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012

What you're trying to do is a trip script.
I have a video that shows and explains how to make them.
I do believe you have to use XSE to do them though.
Skip to 8:35 for trip script tutorial.

thank you that adds a lot of clarity, but i still cant seem to get it to work. Even after copy and pasting from your tut, it does nothing. usually it just freezes when i trip it, but with yours nothing happens. does it matter im using a fire red rom, patched with a rom base?

Years
thank you that adds a lot of clarity, but i still cant seem to get it to work. Even after copy and pasting from your tut, it does nothing. usually it just freezes when i trip it, but with yours nothing happens. does it matter im using a fire red rom, patched with a rom base?

I don't know about Fire Red unfortunately.
It might not work because the codes are used differently so I'm not sure.
I'm sure someone one this thread will help clear this up for you =]

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

Try Unknown value: 03, Variable Number: 4050.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2022
When i try and load my ROM the screen stays white. I can load my save state from earlier and it is all buggy until i enter a building. It also freezes occasionally when i go into a new rote/town/building/cave.

Can i fix this? It also will not let me save the project under another name.

Will i have to load up the original rom and restart... if so, how can i prevent this from happening again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back