• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where does your music come from?

Years
Not where you get it from, but where do the musicians who make your preferred music come from?

Different countries do seem to have different tastes in the styles of music they prefer. I've noticed that a great amount of the music I most listen to comes from the UK and Japan and very little of it comes from America despite the fact that I live in the US and the US makes a lot of music. Here in America they don't seem to have as much classic/progressive/art rock as the UK does, and that's one area of music that I seem to listen to fairly often. Or maybe I'm not very in touch with my own culture?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Majority of the Rock and Metal I listen to are all from the USA.
One from Estonia <-- and they are Metsatöl.

My preference for anime music is 100% from Japan.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Since I listen to mostly k/jpop and post-rock, a lot of my music comes from places like Scotland (i.e Mogwai) and Korea/Japan (i.e 4MINUTE, INFINITE). Of course, other, more modern, local music I listen to stems from the US (i.e Imagine Dragons). I'm not that totally culturally deprived after all!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Most of my favorite bands come from the UK. Bands like Black Sabbath, Rainbow, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, etc... AC/DC is from Australia, and I think that's the only bit of Australian music I like xD
Other music I listen to is from Germany. There seems to be quite a lot German power metal bands, actually.
And, of course, some USA bands. That's about it.

(Also, I'm not from any of those countries xD )

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Most alt-rock I listen to comes from America, while nearly all electronic artists comes from Europe (drum and bass mostly from Belgium/UK, and then stuff like Bjork from Iceland), and most of the post-rock I listen to also comes from various EU countries (Iceland, France, Scotland, Ireland, Italy) and Canada. I also listen to a lot of indie rock/pop from Canada/Quebec.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
I get my music from anywhere where they openly agree Justin Bieber needs to be executed ASAP. So mostly hip-hop.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Well, Paramore is from the USA, Linkin Park USA, Evenescance USA (I think) Tonight Alive australia, Avril Lavigne Canada, Ed Sheeran UK, Evan Taubenfeld USA.
So looks like the USA (:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The US and the UK. Although I like a wide variety of music, it tends to be nearly exclusively English-language and very Anglo-American in its origins. It's probably because that's the music that I grew up listening to - be it from the radio or my parents or friends or whatever. But, even as I've grown older, I've not really spread my wings, musically speaking. I have a little bit of J-pop on my iPhone, but not all that much, and it's very much different from everything else on there.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Mexico and Japan mostly, with a bit of stuff from Spain and America every now and then. I don't listen to as much English music I used to, thanks to me staying away from American radio stations at large since I was a young teen. I'm incredibly out of touch with mainstream English music because of this.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I quite enjoy Eastern European music, but I'm also not adverse to Japanese or Chinese music.

Also, DIE Synerjee, you have failed this city!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I would say America and the United Kingdom as well, but like 95% America.

I've never really thought about this question.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
The artist I mostly listen to the most comes from either Sweden or Switzerland.
Can never remember which.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Well Im from Finland but my music comes allover the world. Some band from finland (of course), metal mostly from sweden (damn you for having so many good bands), some from scotland, england and wales, some from USA, few from France, one from Mexico and China. Thats about it I guess. :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
Mostly US (Breaking Benjamin, Michelle Branch, Paramore, a lot of classic rock, and quite a few other modern rock bands). I also listen to Nightwish (Finland), Lacuna Coil (Italy), and Amon Amarth (Sweden).

Back