• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Staff Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Be forewarned all new members; the mods are VERY biased, HIGHLY liberal, they hate conservatives / fundamentalists. They hate religion and God, they have a VERY atheistic and even satanistic stance. If you read through this section along with other feedback sections you'll see that they hate negative feedback, they can't take it, they ask for it but when someone says the truth the clique attacks.
Nice of you to give feedback. Some of this, I'm not sure we can do much about though. We don't enforce some kind of common political or religious opinion across our staff teams; just like any member, each mod is allowed to be as liberal or unreligious as they want. As long as they don't harass or discriminate others who don't share their views, just like what we expect from any member here. That being said, we all make mistakes or have lapses of bad judgment every now and then.

If this concerns a particular case or person rather than the staff team at large, it is better if you Private Message the mod in question and try to resolve the issue privately, or if you don't feel comfortable doing that you can message a admin about it so we can help you sort it out calmly.

I don't intend to respond because quite frankly I'm not going to get in the mud and wrestle with em...
Not even if we respond fairly and actually want to listen to you?

They make new members feel unwelcome especially conservatives, which is nothing new considering sadly today most forums are slanted like this one.

Mods should make members feel welcome but that isn't so here, and if you tell them how ya feel they'll act like a bunch of 10 year olds and argue with you about it and even try to take jabs at you, which quite frankly don't work on me. Just to prove my points keep a watch on this post and it won't be long before I get attacked for my "negative feedback".
In general we really do try to have the people who look after the areas of Pok?Community be as helpful and fair as possible. If you feel like the moderator team in general are bad at this, examples (links to posts and messages) will help us understand your feedback if we don't initially see what you mean, just like Nah says.

But, again, if there is a particular case where this has gone wrong, please message the moderator and talk to them about it, or message an admin so we can help you and the moderator understand each other.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I would love to know where Kristaok is drawing these conclusions from. Also, it's embarrassing that they're willing to drop a comment but admit they have no intention of discussing. That doesn't strike me as someone very confident in their opinion! If you're going to say something, be prepared to be heard.

I've experienced the PC staff from the inside and out. They are an upstanding bunch of people. While I do agree that the general user (including on staff) leans left politically, that's not something to hold against them. And the moderators of the Discussions & Debates forum, in particular, do an outstanding job at upholding that principle, among others.

Krista, I implore you to come back with examples supporting your arguments. Then we can have a real discussion. Examples are the most powerful and persuasive way to force a change within the staff.

Provide examples showing my (and/or gimmepie's) bias or agenda or hatred of conservatives or us doing things to make people feel unwelcome or our.....devil worship....

Just FYI, Satanism (and the Church of Satan) is a set of beliefs that don't necessarily involve worshipping the Devil. They only use that symbol because most of the Satanic Statements are completely contrary to what mainstream Christianity (God) will teach its followers. I don't think most Satanists actually believe in Hell or the Devil himself, however that's purely speculation. Check out www.churchofsatan.com if you're interested.

And to relate this back to Krista - similar to political views, religious ones are not something to hold against someone else, either.

Edit: Krista you have 39 posts. Am i being trolled rn?

Last edited:
Years
I wasn't going to post here, but as I'm like 99% sure this is because of me, I feel kind of obligated to. Firstly, I'll be honest, there was a thread I closed where I did not word my reasoning in a way that painted a great picture. I'm perfectly happy to take responsibility for that. You make your bed, you should be prepared to lay in it.

I will say though, that regardless of the impression anyone might have received from that one instance, I have never been biased in my moderation. I was justified in my closing of that thread as I was in the one that was posted specifically to retaliate because I closed the first one. The problem wasn't the topic, I left a similar thread open, it was the way it was handled.

I am indeed quite left in most of my views, but I have never ever held someone's religion against them. I'm an agnostic myself, that would be a very strange thing for me to do. I assure you, and anyone else reading this, I'm not going to treat anyone poorly just because of religion.

The only other interaction we have had aside from the threads I just mentioned, was in a discussion about the relevancy of religion in the modern era and I don't think it was wrong of me to discuss your point of view with you, or share mine. Especially as I was never anything but respectful of your beliefs.

I don't mind being criticized, it helps me improve and I want to do that, being the best moderator here I can be is extremely important to me. It concerns me that anyone feels I'm attacking them based on their religion or political stance or abusing my position, because those are things that are very much against my own idealogy.

If Krista, or anyone else for that matter, is concerned with how I'm handling D&D (or any other section), feel free to message me about it. I don't bite.

Last edited:
Years
I'm rather surprised some have answered fairly kindly to my post, hopefully those in denial change if not the board will be void of any new user because nobody wants to feel unwelcome. I have no intentions in causing a war or hurt feelings, I just want to be treated respectfully I've had a very crappy week / life so I'm just not in a good mood here lately.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'm rather surprised some have answered fairly kindly to my post, hopefully those in denial change if not the board will be void of any new user because nobody wants to feel unwelcome. I have no intentions in causing a war or hurt feelings, I just want to be treated respectfully I've had a very crappy week / life so I'm just not in a good mood here lately.
Starting a war or hurting feelings is not my intent either. But if you want change to happen, then a discussion needs to be had, otherwise nothing will change.

Just FYI, Satanism (and the Church of Satan) is a set of beliefs that don't necessarily involve worshipping the Devil. They only use that symbol because most of the Satanic Statements are completely contrary to what mainstream Christianity (God) will teach its followers. I don't think most Satanists actually believe in Hell or the Devil himself, however that's purely speculation. Check out www.churchofsatan.com if you're interested.
I'm aware of this actually. I just got the feeling that when Kristaok said "satanic stance" she meant more that gimme and I worship an evil god rather than that we adhere to the actual Satanist doctrine. But I also can't read minds, so idk if I'm actually right.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
It is somewhat a joke, but I am also making a point against what is a discussion-killing topic within that thread - the DCC has always been cyclical in nature but it has come to a point where the insistence on repeating the topic borders on asinine and discouraging of variety, which is harmful to the atmosphere of the section. Such things are not against the rules, but I am well within my bounds to apply some pressure. However, it will open again soon. I have an idea in mind which will assuage your fears and allow the entire forum to express the full wonder of creativity and joy that is present within the topic of weather. :)

Years
The anime Forums needs more moderators to moderate it as well as having stricter rules because that section has been a turn off for me for years now because of how toxic it has become.

Could you be more specific? It's hard for the staff to help remedy any problems if we don't fully understand them.

Years
The anime Forums needs more moderators to moderate it as well as having stricter rules because that section has been a turn off for me for years now because of how toxic it has become.
Are you talking about Pokemon Anime? If yes, then maybe you should all help by making more nice posts instead of saying to other users that they have stupid reasons and opinions like you did before, right?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I like how the site goes down for multiple hours and not even so much as a peep from the powers that be as to why. The only communication we get here is when someone gets promoted to staff, as if it's some earth shattering event.
dontknow.gif

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I like how the site goes down for multiple hours and not even so much as a peep from the powers that be as to why. The only communication we get here is when someone gets promoted to staff, as if it's some earth shattering event.
dontknow.gif

Well, my promotion was an earth-shattering event not seen since the dissolution of Pangaea, not quite sure where you got the idea that it was anything less than that.

But in regards to the actual problem at hand, it's more to do with how it is the Christmas weekend and so PC updates are not the top priority for the admins right now. They and the rest of staff were just as blindsided as anyone else so we could only wait to see the server issues resolve itself, since it was due to an overload of guests from a Reddit link to a ROM hack that caused the problem.

Merry Christmas!

Rukario

Banned
Years
<p>
dontknow.gif
sorry.</p><p style="margin-bottom: 0px;">it was just normal getting hammered.. due to a new patch release on a popular hack.. nothing to really announce about as we contyained it fairly fast in the whole scheme of things.</p><p>

</p>

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
dontknow.gif
Were you wondering more about this specific instance, or was it more in general?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Were you wondering more about this specific instance, or was it more in general?

I think it was more about that specific instance, because I've never seen a 500 error pop up on the site. Server is busy messages, fine, that says it all, but when a 500 error pops up, and the site comes back later with little to no communication as to what happened (especially since the 500 error is one of the most vague in the business), it's a little jarring.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I really don't think some brief server downtime is something to make a forum announcement about - if it's something longer than a day, instead of the intermittent downtime over three/four hours that it was, then sure. But given PC's propensity towards downtime, it's not something people should think is out of the blue unless it stretches past the usual periods of server downtime.
In the end, this was barely longer than the scheduled server backups we have twice a month.

As for speed in announcements - I think the fact that it was Christmas Day for many is something to remember. Let's keep some perspective.

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Hullo

I think transparency between staff and the memberbase has been an issue for a long time. e.g. with this thread in this forum that had a few short term and long term suggestions but nothing has happened three weeks later and no final response or resolution was decided on (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=413004). Or the "Moving Forward" ownership thread where some questions were asked or suggestions raised but again no resolution.

Now I of course understand that some things need further discussion within the staff, or won't be prioritised, etc. But to improve transparency, maybe after every suggestion that is made there can be a summary of the actions staff will take, and an approx timeline.

e.g. for the renaming the board one, the staff member taking ownership over the suggestion could make a post explaining the way forward, for example -
Thanks etc

In the short-term we'll add a splash, and over the next three weeks we'll work on investigating the feasibility of the redirect feature. At the end of September we'll come back to you all on whether this is a feasible solution, and can then implement in

which has a clear summary of what actions will be taken by who and by when.
Then when the deadline comes, the staff member can come back and update everyone on the progress of the change.

transparency comes with accountability, and i think this sort of system can bring both. so staff are accountable to the community for the changes that may be made, so that members are confident they are being listened to and their suggestions are being heard, and everyone is clear on ways forward.

lmk if this doesn't make sense, thinking out loud.

Years
Thirded.
I won't say I think the situation is as dire as you seem to, but I think anything that holds us accountable for what we say isn't necessarily a bad thing. Might not be quite as exact as you'd like in practice, but I don't think hurts us to at least keep people updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back