• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Community Day 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
k0XXkWJ.png

ATTENTION: THE DATE HAS CHANGED FROM SUNDAY TO SATURDAY.

Please make teams for any tournaments you're interested before Community Day starts. By doing this, we won't have to wait on you to finish your team before starting a tournament.

What is a Community Day?

Community Day is a get-together that's held on the PC Battle Server all day (but it's not exclusive to battling). Tournaments are a mainstay in Community Day, while other activities such as mafia, diplomacy, and the like can be hosted during CD as well. Basically, Community Day is just about having fun battling and chatting while the server is at its peak of activity. If you would like, you may suggest other activities in this thread that we can do during Community Day. Also, keep in mind that Community Day is meant to be a very laid-back event, so really anyone can participate. There's no pressure on whether you win or lose in a tournament, or if you don't join one at all. We're all doing this to have a good time.

When is the upcoming Community Day?

Community Day starts at 8 AM (GMT -5 / EST) on Saturday, March 30th and ends at midnight. That is 8 AM in New York; 1 PM in England; 9 PM in Western Australia; 12 AM in eastern Australia; and 5 AM in California. Just so you know, you don't need to be there at the launch; Community Day lasts all day so that everyone can participate regardless of their time zone.

How do I sign up?

There's no signing up required. All you have to do is show up on the PC Battle Server during the times we have listed in this thread. You might want to prepare teams for each tournament you plan on joining though. The tournament themes will be listed in this thread for that reason. Additionally, if you were online during this Community Day, you will receive the bronze emblem below. You can also get the silver or gold emblems if you participate in one or two more Community Days respectively. If you have already participated in previous Community Days, you will receive the silver one (assuming you partake in this Community Day) regardless of how many you were at.

I52iHRM.png
BiItSlj.png
CzEuzeS.png

What are the tournament rules, themes, and schedule?

All you have to do is follow BC's General Battle Rules. The ban lists for the tournament themes below can be found here. All tournaments are "Best of One" (participants battle each other once to determine a match-up) unless stated otherwise. Don't know what tiers are or need usage statistics? Use our Guides & Resources.

PC Battle Server themes
1. Spring-themed OU (All teams must consist of only Bug-, Flying-, Grass-, and Water-type Pokémon. Dual-type Pokémon may be used as long as they have one of those types. Ice-type Pokémon are banned, so any Bug/Ice, Flying/Ice, Grass/Ice, and Water/Ice Pokémon will be banned as a result.)
2. NU (moveset analyses)
3. Spring Forward (Seasonal Ladder) (Read this article for more information.)
4. Singles or Doubles Random Battle (randomly generated teams)
5. OU (standard) (moveset analyses)
6. LC (Read this guide for more information.) (moveset analyses)
7. UU (moveset analyses)
8. RU (moveset analyses)
9. PU (Read this thread for more information.) (usage statistics (look at Pokémon under 3.41% usage in NU), NU moveset analyses can be used)
...then repeat

Wi-Fi themes
There will not be any Wi-Fi tournaments unless there's enough people that want them.

We will go from the first theme listed and make our way down. The Wi-Fi tournaments will most likely run at the same time as the server tournaments. The orders may change during Community Day, but it's not likely. There is also a chance that we'll use other themes if there's a demand for them.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Woop woop, looking forward to this. We should have a LC tour at some point this time, hasn't been one for quite a while! Not sure what's really March themed though... But Spring's all new-lifey and stuff right? So LC makes even more sense! ;)

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Yes, I've been waiting for one of these! Hopefully I'll be bale to participate! :D

Years
Ooh Comm Day!

I think we should go with a spring-themed tourney, where you can only use pokemon that are grass, bug, flying and water types? I'm not sure what tier though. And maybe you can't use ice or poison types as well?

My only qualm with comm day is that it's so far away! D;

Reactions: Cid
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I think we should go with a spring-themed tourney, where you can only use pokemon that are grass, bug, flying and water types? I'm not sure what tier though. And maybe you can't use ice or poison types as well?
I really like this idea. For the tier, we can use OU, as it's the least restricting official tier sans Ubers. I'm not sure about banning Poison-types, because that would also ban Beedrill, Roserade, and other spring-related Pokemon.

Years
I was only thinking no poison because poison equals pollution, and pollution equals death instead of life that spring brings? (it made sense in my head XD) But I agree that spring without bees and roses isn't spring. And also, poison symbolizes the growth of poison ivy! :D

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
There's also Pokemon like Crobat and Scolipede, which breed during springtime (of course, I mean what they're based on does). I get your point though, but I think it'll be fine as long as Muk, Garbodor, etc. are banned.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Alright, I added Golurk's idea for a Spring-themed OU in addition to RU and LC. Things are still up for change though.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Ohh Community Day. Never been to one. Looking forward to this though ;D

Years
I participated in the last Community Day, so why not do it again?

And yeah, I'd like the nice Spring theme especially given so many Grass and Water-types are cool.

Sirfetch’d

oooh yes Commday! The last one was my first one and I enjoyed it so much:) This one sounds like it will be so fun! Will we be doing a spring seasonal randbat tourney? The winter wonderland tourney was very fun!

Last edited:

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
Yay another COMM-DAY!!

Will be rsvp-ing~
Also we should have an UU tounament as well, and maybe a doubles VGC? or Doubles Custom?

Last edited:

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
Wow! This will be great. I also recommend having a doubles and UU tourney. I will definately join because I will receive a gold emblem considering that I was there at the 2 last Community Days.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
oooh yes Commday! The last one was my first one and I enjoyed it so much:) This one sounds like it will be so fun! Will we be doing a spring seasonal randbat tourney? The winter wonderland tourney was very fun!
It's a possibility if Smogon makes a more recent Seasonal Ladder metagame, but they haven't so far.

Wow! This will be great. I also recommend having a doubles and UU tourney.
What type of doubles would you like? VGC, Randbats, Smogon?

I will definately join because I will receive a gold emblem considering that I was there at the 2 last Community Days.
Actually, all of the previous Community Days will only provide you a bronze emblem. So, if you participate in this Community Day, you will get silver. The reason for this is that I don't have proof on who participated in all of the previous Community Days. There are the participant lists, but most people didn't bother posting if they already had the emblem from a previous Community Day.

Years
Yay! I can't wait! This'll be my first Comm Day! I think there should be a tourney for teams that have something to do with rain (not necessarily a rain/drizzle team, but just related to rain) as rain and spring are basically synonymous!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
YAY for Comm Day! xD The previous one was my first; hope this next one would be just as fun! I like the idea of a Spring-theme. Looking forward to this day! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back