• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
FFTA:X is a hack of the GBA game Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. The main point of the hack is to allow for more difficult game-play, as the original was incredibly simple.

There are several ways in which we (a currently un-named team) plan on doing this:
  • Modifying the base stats of most Jobs.
  • Modifying abilities to become less über.
  • Rewriting routines completely.
  • Making Assassin moves less accurate.
  • Better AI.
  • Law edits.

Possible ability changes:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
2efkzva.png
243npl1.png

Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zViAPsVeBnc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wML-TzOsKnw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqp773L6_RA

So I wanted to get this community involved. Have you ever played the game? What did you think made it too easy?

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
It's kinda boring to see that a hack like this is left mostly unnoticed...
I've also taken a look at FFTA rom myself but couldn't really find that much data to edit. It's like you've to be one of the game programmers to make a successful hack of a game that hasn't been edited that much.

Anyways, I wish you luck with the project :)
Try to find a way to edit the monsters that appear on the quests or something like that to make it more entertaining.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Thanks for the feedback!

I've actually located tonnes of data already, including monsters who appear in battles and such. We are at the stage now where we have to think of ideas to implement, instead of just researching all the time.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2020
If you want some help about what made the original FFTA THAT easy, I'll tell you about my experience as a player.
First, those battles which only require to kill the boss. Well, you can just run to the Totema/boss and decimate him.
There are some easy Exp. exploits, such as using healing and support techniques, which allow you to power-level as much as you want.

Anyways, I intend to replay the game somewhat soon. So, if I find anything else, I'll post.

Thumbs up! I hope you get to release it, since FFTA is the game I most enjoyed in years (no kidding).

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
If you want some help about what made the original FFTA THAT easy, I'll tell you about my experience as a player.
First, those battles which only require to kill the boss. Well, you can just run to the Totema/boss and decimate him.
There are some easy Exp. exploits, such as using healing and support techniques, which allow you to power-level as much as you want.

Anyways, I intend to replay the game somewhat soon. So, if I find anything else, I'll post.

Thumbs up! I hope you get to release it, since FFTA is the game I most enjoyed in years (no kidding).

Thanks for your interest, and I'd really like to hear any ideas you might have to make the game less easy. And yeah, I enjoyed the game a lot as well.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
make judges playable. add more battle mission. ai gets red card. make new weapon. make a new job. yeah a new job. ive finished the game several time and im unsatisfied,

lessen dispatch mission dispatch missions is boring XD. battle is more exciting.

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
make judges playable. add more battle mission. ai gets red card. make new weapon. make a new job. yeah a new job. ive finished the game several time and im unsatisfied,

lessen dispatch mission dispatch missions suck. battle is more exciting.
*A* new job? I was planning on adding a few more than one. xD

Dispatch missions will be nerfed (quantity-wise), but there will still be quite a few.

EDIT: I should also point out that we will be altering some jobs, too. Like the Bishop. He will actually be a viable mage.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
can i help? well im thinking about alternate jobs of a gunner. sniper(moogle form like viera's) perhaps. like thief to assasin, well sniper will require Gunner X2 A ability somthing like that. im into hacking and spriting.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2020
I finally started my fifth (or was it sixth?) FFTA, and as promised, here I am.

Since I haven't completed many story quests, I can't give a full report yet, but I got somethin important, imo.

The shops. You start getting some lame equipment, or even none for some advanced classes (did u hear me, Hunter?). BUT, after the whopping amount of 10 battles, you finally get greatbows and that stuff. Oh, and access to the "-ara" spells as well, which MIGHT be a bit of overpower, since I haven't even done "The Cheetahs" (in case someone doesn't remember, the first Ritz-assisted mission, and the 3rd story one) and my black mage leaves on their knees any non-soldier unit after one cast.

It would be great if you could at least mod the equipment available in shops, making it somewhat more balanced in that sense.
And, if possible, increasing the shop upgrade caps to something like 25-50 battles (10-20 are the original ones) would be great.

And I remembered that both Thundrakes and Goblins disappear in the end-game. That should be fixed as well :p

I'll post more as I find.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I second the new "Judge" job class. Although, maybe you could limit it to a special character only, perhaps? We don't want everyone to become a Judge and keep giving everyone Yellow Cards/Red Cards. Cid doesn't count, though. xD

EDIT: Oh, and I like the name Final Fantasy Hacktics better. xD

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2020
I second the new "Judge" job class. Although, maybe you could limit it to a special character only, perhaps? We don't want everyone to become a Judge and keep giving everyone Yellow Cards/Red Cards. Cid doesn't count, though. xD

EDIT: Oh, and I like the name Final Fantasy Hacktics better. xD

I second the class as well. But, it might be better to give it TRUE power, instead of just the legal business skills from Cid. How about something more like XII's Judge Magister? I mean, less law-abiding and more skull crushing.

Does anyone remember the ending to the Corrupt Judge Arc? I can't think of a more suitable Judge-to-be. Non-related, but it was a kick to see in FFTA2 an exclusive job for Adel, and for Luso... a biiiig bag of nothing.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
from the judges job i mean, for the enemy. Its fun fighting judges. well playable i means to fight withXD

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
This project sounds like it could spin out a pretty fun hack~!

Have offsets for any of the enemy units been found yet? The game would be more fun if the enemies had better equipment and job combinations. It would also make it possible to eliminate a lot of missables by throwing them onto the clan war battles as stealable items.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2016
You should make the mythril items available in shop or in quest because it is tiring hunting for it and w/o trade who know when you would get it...:))

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
This project sounds like it could spin out a pretty fun hack~!

Have offsets for any of the enemy units been found yet? The game would be more fun if the enemies had better equipment and job combinations. It would also make it possible to eliminate a lot of missables by throwing them onto the clan war battles as stealable items.
Erm, I'm still trying to understand how the enemies are stored in the game.
You should make the mythril items available in shop or in quest because it is tiring hunting for it and w/o trade who know when you would get it...:))
We had completely forgotten about mithril items. D: Thanks for the reminder.

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
Erm, I'm still trying to understand how the enemies are stored in the game.

Have you tried using hex values for items to search for a specific unit? Like if you found Mage Masher, Survival Vest & Circlet right next to each other it would likely be the first (guest) Ritz? Or is this not plausible? I don't know how much data you're working with right now, so I'm just brainstorming. It seems likely that there's an in depth system of pointers at work for enemy units, but it also seems like there should still be some semblance of uniformity.

Sorry if I'm failing at helpful, but I really love FFTA.

EDIT: And of course any missables you could eliminate in any way would be awesome. I can list most, if not ALL, of the missables in a PM if you would like me to.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Well, I have a basic idea for how they are stored, but as of yet, I am unable to compile a valid list of all clans.

Code:
00. Sprite & Name Index
01. Job Index (Race taken from this)
02. Unknown
03. Level
04. Unknown * 4
05. Equip #1
07. Equip #2
09. Equip #3
0B. Equip #4
0D. Equip #5
0F. Unknown * 20

From my notes, but I feel as if I know more now. :\ I guess I suck at keeping notes. >_<

Please post a list here or PM it to me if you have time.

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
Well, I have a basic idea for how they are stored, but as of yet, I am unable to compile a valid list of all clans.

Code:
00. Sprite & Name Index
01. Job Index (Race taken from this)
02. Unknown
03. Level
04. Unknown * 4
05. Equip #1
07. Equip #2
09. Equip #3
0B. Equip #4
0D. Equip #5
0F. Unknown * 20
From my notes, but I feel as if I know more now. :\ I guess I suck at keeping notes. >_<

Please post a list here or PM it to me if you have time.

List of missables, right? I'll try to get it PM'd to you sometime in the near future. The list could be somewhat long, so it would kind of bog down the thread if I posted it here. I also have data on things like treasure hunt combinations, mission rewards, enemy equipment, etc. I'm a compulsive FAQ hunter.

rhettz_emboar

Did you just pee??
Years
Yow yow yow. Im glad suchuch a hack exsist. I really love FFTA :)
It would be great if you can add more jobs (if possible) and attacks, like in the one in PsP. Well good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back