• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your First Shiny

Charles Dupiau

ROM HACKER
Years
My first (and only) shiny was a Slugma a caught in Fiery Path approximately 2 years ago. I only spent about half an our searching. After that, I haven't had much luck but I don't really mind.

Years
  • Seen Jun 9, 2013
Never had a legitimate random encounter shiny. I DID do the restart glitch to get a Shiny Ho-Oh, though.

Freakin love that bird.

Tide

Nocturnal ROM Hacker
Years
My first shiny was Spinda, but I am very disappointed in it to this day. Considering how the positioning of the patches on Spinda are random, this particular shiny Spinda, had patches covering its ears mostly. So you could see the vomit-green on the body, but an almost bare face up top.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
I have 47 shinies in my of box called "shiny" and "shiny 2" in black and white, but my first ever encounter was in emerald in victory road. It was a shiny purple-ish Lairon back in 2005. Then came Gyrados, Dratini, Scyther, and ect, until 2 months ago I got a shiny Regigigas in platinum by accident.

Pikayosh

Epic Pikachu
Years
my first shiny was a red duskull on pokemon ruby left of lilycove city I was training my brothers combusken!

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2013
Pokemon Emerald - Shiny wingull at Route 103 BEFORE the first battle with rival. =(

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
First shiny I encountered and caught was a Carvanha. I was quite shocked to see it sparkle, so I didn't want to lose it. I used a pokemon that had weak attacks, weakened it down then caught it with an Ultra Ball.

Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2013
Zigzagoon, but only from the Berry Glitch fix disc that you could get many years back, still never encountered one to this date.

bn11

Poached egg
Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
I've played pokemon for most of my 19 years and never found a shiny in an official game. I did however find a shiny spheal on a ruby hack, possibly snakewood, which I caught. It's at the point now where every wild pokemon I encounter, i'm like come ooon this has to be the one.

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
Well...please don't laugh.

In Ruby I was in the forest that is the first one as you start the game (I forget the name). A shiny purple Wormple appeared.

Ran Away. I did not even know what a shiny was until my mate told me. I thought it was a bug in the game. No I am just a newbie.

Now I found out that they appear like only once in like 8192 normals?

Years
Well...please don't laugh.

In Ruby I was in the forest that is the first one as you start the game (I forget the name). A shiny purple Wormple appeared.

Ran Away. I did not even know what a shiny was until my mate told me. I thought it was a bug in the game. No I am just a newbie.

Now I found out that they appear like only once in like 8192 normals?

That happened to me twice in Pokemon Gold. First, I saw a pink Butterfree and thought it was just the girl version, so I ran away. then later I saw a shiny oddish, I caught it though, and showed my bro that it had yellow stems. I didn't know about shiny pokemon until a couple years later.

Raiton

Commandant of Pokemon
Years
My first ever shiny was a bronzong in pokemon pearl. At the time i was fairly new to pokemon and didn't know what a shiny was or how rare it was to see one. I caught it and never used it again.

Years
First shiny I ever encountered was a green Golbat in Meteor Falls. Saw it while looking for Bagon.

After placing it in the PC for archive, I never really used it in battles, but I did want to train it until it evolves.

Back