• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Journey (13+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
A Journey (13+)

Introduction:
So basically, I want to do a journey RP. You know, where the trainer goes out and battles Gym Leaders across various regions in order to become the very best? Yep, there really isn't more of a plot than that. Of course, there'll be various plot twists along the way and the roleplayers must remember that we are going by the games' mechanisms. I am classifying this roleplay as literate.That means that if you do not have a good concept of the English language, you will probably not be accepted and should I allow you to roleplay alongside my clarem of other roleplayers but you don't seem to be up to standard, you will be rejected. And I will laugh.

Things I suppose you need to know before we start the roleplay:
Assuming this is a journey roleplaying game, which, you know, it is, there are certain things you all need to know about the roleplay before we can get going. For instance, starter Pokemon. I know we all know how the games work, with a trio of annoying badgers that we have to choose between, but I think it would be better if we either did one of the two following options:

You could list your preferred starter Pokemon. It would have to be in its base evolutionary stage, of course, and legendaries are not allowed. Should you be starting with a Dratini or other Pokemon like that beast, you should be able to come up with a story as to why you were given such an amazing Pokemon. Maybe you knew the professor, maybe you did not. I don't know, use your brains, people.

Or, I (or the other accepted roleplayers) could decide on your starter Pokemon based on what we think fits you. What I mean is, what Pokemon we think fits your personality, the way you post or whatever. Personally, I think this way is slightly more fun, but you can decide on which option you want to take.

The region we start in is another thing that must be noted, I suppose it'll be a vote between Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Other than those two things, I can't see any other major obstacle that needs to be figured out. If anyone can think of something, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Rules:
Unfortunately for today's roleplaying society, it is customary to create rules for your roleplay, for rules are the very foundation of civilisation. Normally, I'm a lax person when it comes to rules but there are a few things you must not do:

If I catch you making your character act like a Mary-Sue, it will most likely be your last ever post in the roleplay.

If your character tends to catch a dozen Pokemon in about six posts, the believability of the roleplay deteriorates rapidly, which no one wants, so please, keep your characters believable. I'm sure the literate roleplayers I accept into this roleplay will understand what I mean by believability which means there is not a need to elaborate.

Sign-Up Form:
Annoying, I know, but every roleplay needs a form in which roleplayers can sign-up with. Basically, I want to make this as daunting a task possible I can for you, so please do your best to fill this out.

Name: I suppose all character biographies start somewhere. Your character's name could range between George or Sir Jake Anthony Wigglesworth Timmons.
Age: We're keeping it canon. Ten years of age is the norm. Sue me.
Personality: So, what does your character act like? Let's try and get it as close to the roleplayer's personality as that way, you'll never be out of character. Unless you go all emo on me. Don't.
History: It's not that important, I'll admit, but I feel like annoying you all. Tell me your character's history. Two paragraphs is the minimum because I'm mean.
Appearance: I refuse to look at photographs or images, provide me with a written description of your character in order to let me and other roleplayers see the imagry you can create.
Hometown: I assume that they can't all come from a tiny town such as Pallet, so where does your character hail from?
Preferred Starter Pokemon: You can choose between stating your character's preferred starter Pokemon or you can tell us that you want us to pick your character's Pokemon for you.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
A journey RPG... Sounds fun and simple. Guess I'll get to making a character for it! (and totally not base her off a character mentioned in one of my fanfics)

Name: Amelia Yukon

Personality: Very energetic and peppy, Amelia tends to be quite a happy-go-lucky kind of person. She lives and strives for fun and thrills, but has an extremely rushy way of doing everything, which often annoys others. In fact, she can be more than a bit bossy when things don't go her way, and refuses to let anything stop her from getting or doing what she wants. Once she calms down though (or at least when she's as calmed down as she can get), Amelia is outgoing and friendly, as if she never got worked up in the first place.

Though it's hard to imagine Amelia acting anything near level-headed, when things become serious her entire personality seems to undergo a transformation. She starts to act like a mature and responsible young adult rather than the childish, naiive little girl she normally is. In a tight situation, she understands that her usual happy and occasionally stubborn attitude will get her nowhere. In this respect, she actually proves herself to be more intelligent than meets the eye.

If Amelia sets a goal, she will achieve it, no matter what. With fierce determination backed by an optimistic take on life, there is little doubt that she can do whatever she sets her mind to.

History: Born in the city of Hearthome, Sinnoh, Amelia was the second and last child her parents had. From the start, she and her sister Ameri, who surpassed her by four years of age, were close siblings who cared deeply for each other. The first few years of Amelia's life were calm and simple; she lived as an average toddler would, being fascinated by small joys and bits of knowledge.

Between the ages of three and four, the family moved to a cozy, pleasant, cottage-like house in Solaceon Town. One reason for this was that Amelia's parents thought their daughters would be better off growing up in a small, peaceful little town rather than the big city. However, the main reason for the big move was that Ameri and Amelia's grandparents lived in Solaceon, and ran the renowned Day-Care Center. Seeing as both girls were interested in Pokemon, it became apparent that a place where hundreds of them came every year would be perfect. And it was perfect, indeed.

And so, a few more years of peace and quiet ensued. Amelia started school, and like her sister before her was soon making exceptional progress, taking great pride in being one of the top students in her class. Eventually her sister adopted a baby Pokemon her grandmother gave her from the Day Care Center. Even though Ameri did not embark on a Pokemon journey as a trainer, she did begin battling for fun, and Amelia became intrigued by her and her fiesty little Cyndaquil. All previous ideas of what to do when she grew up were forgotten in a matter of weeks. Amelia was going to be a Pokemon trainer.

Finally, Amelia's tenth birthday arrived. She was more excited than she had ever been in her entire life, for now she had reached the official age that allowed her to start a Pokemon journey. Once she finished one last year of school, summer welcomed and encouraged her to head off on the quest of her life. And so, after deciding where to go and saying her farewells to her family, she did just that.

Appearance: Amelia's shoulder-length, brownish-colored hair is almost never well brushed. If it's not in a scraggly ponytail (which it usually is), then it's a tangled mess comparable to a Spearow's nest. On days when it is particularly messy, she often wears a bandana over it to make it less noticable. Her eyes are bright, forest-green, and very expressive. She has pale white skin dotted in a few places with small freckles.

One look at the clothing she wears will tell you that Amelia's favorite color is, obviously, green. Green shirts, a couple grass-colored jackets, pale olive pants... The only things she is ever seen wearing that aren't green are occasional blue jeans and a white scarf when it's cold outside. Even her backpack is a woodsy, forest color.

Small and thin in build, Amelia really isn't that impressive in appearance. Though she is a bit tall, she is naturally quite skinny and seems to lack much muscle whatsoever. Of course, this doesn't ever keep her from doing anything. She knows that size doesn't matter at all.

Hometown: Hearthome, Sinnoh
Preferred Starter Pokemon: Hm... I'll say Sandshrew. (Also, when we find out our starter, are we allowed to give it any unique traits or quirks? Most RPGs allow/require you to describe the personality and appearance of a trainer's Pokemon, but seeing as in this one the RPer doesn't necissarilly decide their starter, will we just narrate that when the RPG starts?)
Preferred Starter Region: Jhoto; come on, who doesn't love it?

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
Years
Name: Bobby Baker
Personality: Bobby has a laid back personality prefering to take the easy road insted of the hard road. He has a very optimistic view on life and always believes that whatever happens, happens and that you should get over it. Always smiling he uplifts everyone around him. When he's not exploring or battling, he's usually eating or sleeping. He has trouble making friends, but for those he has he defends them furiously. If he sees a friend in trouble or someone hurting a Pokemon, his anger ignites. However while he may be quick to anger, he is also quick to forgive, which is his biggest weakness.
History: Bobby was born in Olivine City and lived in a lonley world for 6 years. He had lived a sheltered life as when he was born, he almost died by an unknown disease. It looked like Bobby wasn't long for this world. He was a fighter though and manged to pull through. For the next six years Bobby was sheltered and sick quite often. He then met Jasmine. Bobby had been trapped in a land slide, as he was tired of being sheltered and went to go exploring against his mothers wishes. He was wondering near the beach when the strong winds knocked the rocks off. No one was around so he cried. Soon a young girl found him buried and called apon her Onix for help. When he was free, she let him borrow her Magnimite so that they could have a battle. Which he lost. And mulitple times after that. He found out that her name was Jasmine and they soon became inseperable.

While Bobby viewed her as an older sister, she saw him as the cute young boy. As years went by, their roles reveresed as Bobby became the outspoken one, and Jasmine became the quiet one. Jasmine soon became the Gym Leader of Olivine City because of her amazing battling skills and Bobby no longer had time to see her. So with a plan in mind he set out to become a Pokemon Trainer so that he could battle her and prove her once and for all he was better than her.
Appearance: Bobby has a mess of curly black hair that is always covered by a red bandanna. He wears goggles on the top of his head that let him see in snow, rain, sandstorms etc. As he has spent most of his life outside with Jasmine, Bobby is very tan. He has dark brown eyes and is quite lean. What he lacks in muscle he makes up for in speed. Wears a dark brown jacket with a black shirt underneath. Wears dirty blue pants and black/gold shoes.
Hometown: Olivine City, Johto
Preferred Starter Pokemon: I'm gonna go ahead and let you pick, sounds more fun
Preferred Starter Region: Johto

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
Sounds pretty fun...

Name- Brady
Age- Eleven
Gender- Male
Personality- Brady has been a very shy boy his whole life being a single child. He doesn't talk much to anybody, except his father's Marill, who he occasionally takes care of. Brady's shyness sometimes makes him a little cold around people he doesn't know by mistake, but sweet and compassionate for people he knows and pokemon. But behind shy side is a brave and fiery side that Brady hasn't discovered yet.

History- Brady was born and raised in New Bark Town. He grew up as a normal kid, going to school, playing some sports, and spending time with his family. He was born an only child which made him shy, lonely, and longing for a friend. He would usually spend whole days on the couch, and when his mother would ask him how school was, he would just mumble an answer.

The only thing Brady would talk to a lot were pokemon, especially his father's marill. He was constantly taking care of it way more than his father. But then one day his father left on a pokemon journey with Marill, (you're never too old to begin a pokemon journey) and Brady was left all alone again. He decided that one day he would break his shyness by going on a pokemon journey.

Appearance-Brady is average height. He has average length blond hair that he usually keeps combed down. Brady always wears the same outfit: a white jacket and long khaki shorts. He has large, serious green eyes that can sometimes intimidate people who look at him.
Hometown- New Bark Town
Preferred Starter- Pick anyone you want
Region- Johto

Last edited:

Zore

Reaper
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
Name: William Watt

Personality: William is a difficult person to get along with. He is intelligent and a quick learner, frequently displaying cognitive ability above that of his peers. Worse than his intelligence itself is that he knows he is intelligent and makes damn sure everyone else does too. He's an arrogant and conniving individual, and he absolutely loves being the center of attention. His major problem is, unlike a typical overly arrogant person, he's more than competent leaving few opportunities for others to knock him down a peg... or ten. He likes to push the envelop, questioning and breaking rules. He also holds a malicious streak inside himself, one that threatens to burst whenever he is shown up by one of his peers.

Despite all his negatives however, William is not an evil person. He is extremely devoted to anything he puts his mind to, and has a constant desire to prove himself the best. He is dedicated and trustworthy, he never breaks his word; to do so would mean he failed and therefore would no longer be the best. When he is not studying or showing off he enjoys having fun and pulling pranks, but his desire to be the best overrides all other drives and motivations.

History: Born in New Bark Town William was an only child. His father worked as a research assistant for Professor Elm, and drilled him from a young age on Pokemon facts. As a result William was always ahead of his class in school, frequently scoring top marks. William enjoyed this, frequently basking in the attention of his classmates. As he grew older he had to study more and more to maintain his status as the most intelligent kid in the class and as a result knows far more about Pokemon than almost anyone his age. His parents didn't help the situation, frequently heaping praise on him and he grew arrogant and very proud of his knowledge. Some of his classmates loved him, others loathed him for his condescending attitude. William basked in the attention.

As he grew older, and other kids began to excel in other ways, William became anxious to keep his status as the best. The first time he ever got the second best score on a test, he dived headfirst into his studies for weeks eager to win back his 'position'. Some of his former sycophants began to ignore him in favor of others, or to excel in sports or outside of school. He began to play pranks as his supporters dwindled, thrusting him back into the spotlight. He never really made any real friends, instead filling his time with studying and pranking.

Appearance: Short and thin, he has short brown hair and brown eyes. He wears wire-rim glasses and has a near-constant smirk. His skin is lightly freckled and untanned.

He wears very flamboyant clothes, his shirt a bright orange. He wears a gray jacket with an interesting flame motif on the sleeves. He wears gloves, leather, in order to protect his hands. William's pants are dark blue and he has sturdy hiking boots on his feet. His belt has a buckle in the shape of pokeball. He also constantly wears a green fishing hat his father gave him for his ninth birthday.

His Backpack is huge in order to carry everything he deems necessary. It is a dark brown, offset by his personal addition of uneven silver lightning bolts to make it look more cool.

Hometown: New Bark Town, Johto
Preferred Starter Pokemon: Murkrow or Chinchou
Preferred Starter Region: Johto, possibly Sinnoh

Last edited:
Years
Name: Robin Jay Ryder (Prefers to be called Ryder)

Personality: Ryder is a tom boy and it shows in bother her personality and interests. She likes nothing more than playing a few video games or having a good Pokemon battle. She's quite friendly but doesn't take to kindly to those who think they are better than her or are stuck up; she refuses to believe that select people deserve to have titles and therefore comes across as a little bit of a rebel. She's quite witty and sarcastic and comes across rather cocky in her skills and Pokemon, but this does not make her an awful person, perhaps a little annoying at the most but nothing too drastic. She doesn't believe in doing anything she doesn't want to and nearly always has an opposite view on things to everyone else (some believe her to just be awkward in this sense.) She's very protective of her friends and Pokemon and would stand up to anyone who meant any harm to them, quite foolish of her but your guaranteed to have a friend for life if you don't manage to get on her bad side.

In a group it's quite obvious that Ryder likes to be the leader and gets a little jealous if she is not recognized as such. She does tend to get rather awkward and sometimes take an instant dislike to anyone that overrules her in terms of leadership but she normally just gets on with it if she is not too fussed with the outcome, she will simply do things her own way regardless. Over all she is a rather spunky and fun loving kid, but doesn't take too well to being told what to do by others.

History: Ryder was born in Saffron city in Kanto before moving to Cinibar Island where she still remains until this day. Her mother was a scientist dedicated to finding out the mysteries of the said to be extinct Pokemon, Mew amongst other legendary Pokemon. As a result Ryders father left them when she was five to go exploring and the pair have not seen him since, they are unaware if he is alive or dead and to this day wonder if they will ever see him again. Either way Ryder loves her life on the island and helps every year in the countless festivals that take place regularly on the island to keep it going, she is of the belief that the tattoo's on her face along with the multiple piercings were a result of the many costumes and get-ups she wore when she was a tad younger. To this day Ryder takes part in at least three festivals every year and always prefers to be the leader of a small group or the star of a large show.

Amongst the many festivals she accompanies her mother to both the Pokemon mansion and the caves that lay to the East of the small island. She has taken a great interest in the legends of forgotten Pokemon and shares a great bond with her mother in they're love for what they do. Ryder has sworn that she has seen multiple signs of a legendary ice bird that she believes to be Articuno in the caves and has ever since dedicated an obsessive amount of time to finding it and reading everything she can find about the birds past, but she has been unsuccessful in any findings so far. As for mew, well Ryder believes there to be no such thing, no matter how much research the pair have done they have not come any closer to unveiling its mysteries.

Until this day Ryder has been content on living her life on the island, but she could not pass up an opportunity to take the journey of a life time when the Professor sent out a letter inviting her to start her own Pokemon journey. She promised her mom that she would unveil every secret of the legendary Pokemon when she was gone and would report back to her on a regular basis.

Appearance: Ryder has short layered hair which only manages to cup her face. The 'fringe is flicked to one side giving her a boyish look, but not enough so as she is completely devoided of her girlish features, in fact it makes her look quite charming. Her hair is dark red in color which stands in stark contrast to her wide emerald green eyes. Her skin is lightly tanned and her physique is rather thin and frail but still manages to keep its well built frame. Her preferred clothing consists of a black strappy top which is then covered by another top of the same design, the only difference being that this top is orange in color and is slightly shorter so as not to completely cover the black top below. A pair of three quarter length blue jeans is her preferred choice of bottoms which fail to reach the pair of clumpy black trainers with orange laces that cover her feet. A pair of black studded leather belts wrap around her waste (creating a sort of criss cross on her behind) keeping the baggy trousers from hitting the ground. In cold weather she wears a black leather coat which is decorated with silver clasps and buttons, in the warm weather this is simply thrown around her waist until needed.

Ryder is a fan of accessories and so to begin are the silver hoops that decorate the very top of her right ear and the orange gem ball that has been embedded into her tongue. Another addition to her appearance is the loan red, triangular tattoo that runs from beneath her right eye to just above her jaw, so far she has told no one where she had gotten it from. Multiple chains hang from the belts around her waist and a pair of fingerless gloves graces her artistic hands as well as an area of orange, black and brown bracelets to decorate her wrists. Around her neck is a shark tooth necklace which she has never taken off lest she be showering or sleeping. Ryder also has an orange backpack she carries with her holding the most part of her equipment and clothes and last but not least is the orange pair of goggles that she wears around her head.

Hometown: Cinnabar Island, Kanto

Preferred Starter Pokemon:
You choose please!

Last edited:

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
Years
Name: "DJ" David James Asterton

Personality: David is your average shy guy, when he's with a big group of people he doesn't know he's quiet, but then when he's with his few close friends you can't get him to shut up. Also, he likes to think that he's tough even though he really isn't. You'll see him talking smack to his friends about the bully he met the otherday, and then once the bully is back in the picture he's cowering behind a tree.

David is however a very skillful trainer, well atleast he thinks so. David focus' on strategy rather than raw power when it comes to battling, or he plans to do this once he recieves his first pokemon. David loves to play with pokemon and has no fear of running up to wild pokemon to say hello, often enough he would be pecked, scratched and even flamethrowered for his openess.

History: David was born into this world through his parents, Mikayla and Richard Asterton, and was raised in a very caring and loving home. His father worked for the local gym, the Cerulean Gym, as a referee for the gym battles. David's mother worked at the Pokemon Center part time, helping with the miniscule nursing needs while Nurse Joy did all the heavy lifting. David's two loyal companions were his dad's Shinx and his mothers Roselia, the three off them running off on little miny adventures that kept David busy every afternoon.

David was homeschooled, and unfortunately for him caused him to lack in social skills. His tutor, an old geezer of a man, used a lot of corny analogys during his teaching sessions and it, sadly, rubbed off on David in a little way.

Fast forwarding through time, David constantly was around various types of pokemon, seeing as his dad worked for a Gym and his mom with the Pokemon Center. David learned to be kind and affectionate to all pokemon, no matter what their outside appearance said of them because they were all the same inside.

And with his eleventh birthday just passing, David plans to begin his pokemon journey and make the best of it.

Appearance: Light blonde hair is what sits atop of David's head and it is always kept cut short. Long hair was never a thing for him, always in the way and distracting him from the smallest of events. Moving downwards, we come to David's favorite black jacket, hoodless of course, that glimmers in the sunlight. Okay, well it doesn't really glimmer anymore since he's had it for a really long time, but it never hurts to remember good memories does it? Under his jacket is a plain red t-shirt. How one could go into further detail about that would be truly amazing, well besides stating that its more of a darker red than a fire engine one.

Now making way to the lower quarters, we have a simple pair of beige khakis that are slightly baggy, giving David some room to breathe, and we finish the outfit off with some black sneakers and laces. The sneakers slightly banged up, them being about two years old, but the pants and red shirt were brand new given to him by his mom for his journey. Also he carries a red and orange backpack, and wears a necklace that can carry one pokeball on it.

Hometown: Pastoria City, Sinnoh Region

Preferred Starter Pokemon: I want you guys to pick my pokemon for me, and if I don't like it I'll explain why I want a Dratini.

Preferred Starter Region: I've always favored Sinnoh, but from what I've seen Johto is going to win.

(OOC: I kind of got lazy with this, something happened while I was writing it, but I'm more than willing to edit it later.)

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Name: Emma Finn
Personality: Think of the stereotypical red-head, and one would realize that Emma makes no effort to contradict it. She's often bold, blunt, and outgoing and friendly when she wants to be (especially around girls), but this often translates into sheer hotheadedness because, frankly, she doesn't give a damn what any other kid her age thinks. Although not exactly rash, Emma is also proud (and slightly vain and egotistical), and she's likely to combine her pride with her temper if she ever gets into a fight by continuing until she can humiliate her opponent as much as possible. On top of that, her vanity causes her to snap at anyone who might have insulted her.

Wielding both a strong sense of determination and above average intelligence, Emma's policy is getting the job done at any cost and maybe fixing someone else's mess along the way (or at least sitting back to watch the mess happen). She has the unfortunate tendency to believe that no one her age does better work than she does, so she takes delight in not only correcting others when she gets a chance but also showing off by doing whatever her rivals can do – but better (in her mind, at least). Of course, she doesn't think of herself as obnoxious (as opposed to, most likely, many people around her). She just has a streak of hidden insecurity that she prefers to cover up by proving to herself and others that she really is better than most people.

Oddly enough, around adults, her friends, and her own Pokémon, it's a different story. To adults, she's nothing but polite and obedient, a friendly child who's always willing to help. To her friends, she's loyal and adventurous, someone to turn to for advice on how to look cute and stand up for oneself. To her Pokémon, she's actually a kind and enthusiastic partner, one who will push a Pokémon hard but still refrain from doing anything that would permanently injure them.

Finally, Emma is a girl. Even at the age of ten, she wants to believe she's a "mature grown up," and she does so by constantly wearing cute dresses and, on occasion, makeup. She also seems to be interested in older boys, though she ultimately feels that she should be superior to most boys (hence her usual tone of indifferent bluntness around males her age).
History: Born in Celadon City, Emma lived for most of her life as the only child to a stay-at-home mother and a father who sold TMs in the local department store. Because the latter made decent money, Emma led a fairly quiet life, free from the stresses of poverty but without the glitz and guarantee for everything that the wealthy had. Emma was happy. Her mother frequently took her out to parks and praised her whenever she succeeded, and her father came home every afternoon to be with the family.

And then, her sister Nina was born.

At first, Emma was delighted to have a younger sibling, but eventually, the novelty of the idea wore off. Her mother no longer had as much time to play with her in the park because she couldn't get anyone to watch Nina, and the praise came as a distracted, off-hand comment while she took care of Nina. Meanwhile, her father had to work harder because his salary couldn't support four people without some overtime, so he came home later and later.

To Emma, this meant that Nina was stealing the spotlight. So, Emma began to act out. At first, her parents labeled it as a "phase" while Emma drew on walls in crayon, pulled heads off dolls, and generally acted like a little brat. When Emma realized this tactic wasn't getting her attention, she opted instead on developing her voice, transitioning from a quiet, happy-go-lucky little girl to the bold and brash girl she is today. Her parents still tried to juggle their attention between Nina and Emma (not focusing on one or the other when Nina grew old enough to walk, talk, and idolize her older sister), but Emma still felt neglected.

A few years of this passed since Nina was born, and Emma eventually hit her tenth birthday. While she previously had only a mild interest in Pokémon (and even then, she mostly paid attention to the cute ones like Clefairy or the Oddish and Bellsprout in the local Gym), she still looked forward to becoming a Pokémon trainer to prove to herself that she's worthy of attention and to show her parents that she can do something Nina can't.
Appearance: Emma stands at average height for her age, and she often does so with her back ruler-straight. Her frame is fairly thin and is often clad in some kind of girly outfit. At the moment, her favorite includes a white prairie skirt that falls to just below her knees and an emerald green tank top under a denim jacket that seems to be one size too big for her. Her bright, red hair falls just past her shoulders. Considering her vanity streak, she makes an effort each morning to brush it straight and carefully adorn it with a white headband. On her feet, she wears a pair of red and white tennis shoes, covering the toes of a pair of white socks with blue rabbits stitch into the tops. Her only jewelry are a pair of silver stud earrings and a pink, plastic watch on her wrist (which is sometimes not seen because of the length of her jacket's sleeve).

She's pale-skinned and, even at her age, tries her best to keep it clear. Thus, she feels a bit irritated at the spray of freckles across her otherwise pale nose, just under her sharp, tea-colored eyes.

Many of her possessions on this journey will be carried in a red backpack (matching her shoes) with several key chains sporting charms of small cartoon animals dangling from the zippers. It's a wise idea not to attempt to cut these key chains off, even if they aren't practical.
Hometown: Celadon City, Kanto
Preferred Starter Pokemon: For hilarity's sake (and because I'm a lazy twerp), go ahead and choose for me. Anything but Grimer, if that's all right.
Preferred Starter Region: To be different, I'll say Kanto.

..Beyond

Cut your losses.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
Name: Dustin Blackwood

Personality: Dustin is a particularly shy individual, and often accidentally hides behind the childish innocence conveyed by his bashfulness. He does not shirk his duties as given to him by those such as his parents, but does not go out of his way to do his best work. His timidity masks his true calculating manner. When enraged, Dustin typically lets loose a slew of cold remarks, but apologizes after the awkward silence that ensues. He does not enjoy conflict, but he is not entirely opposed to competition.

History:

Being as shy and low-key as he is, Dustin's parents gradually began to take less notice of him. They had classy dinner parties with local families, and typically would only greet him in order to show him off to the guests. Naturally, he has dealt with a decent amount of cheek-pinching. His painfully cold interior reflected the negligence that he had interpreted his parents' behavior to represent.

His parents, of course, did not have any intention of doing emotional harm to their only son, but had grown so caught up in the social atmosphere of Viridian City that they could hardly balance their jobs with their "obligatory" party invitations. (The following applies only if Dustin actually can have Teddiursa) Dustin's father, who had been a fairly good trainer in his prime, decided to find a companion for Dustin. With Professor Oak's permission and warnings, he made a trip to Mount Silver, where he found and hatched a Teddiursa egg.

(back to general history)
Upon reaching the age of ten, Dustin had at last decided to set out on a journey to prove himself worthy of some self-esteem, and to show his parents what they had been missing.

Appearance:

Dustin's hair consists of varying shades of brown. It is straight, but thick and rather messy. It almost appears to spray downward.

He has amber eyes, and his youthfulness makes them seem even bigger than they actually are. His skin is lightly tanned.

He typically is clothed in a dark brown windbreaker with no undershirt. He has an orange string necklace, which is usually seen only when he has removed the jacket (the zipper goes about halfway up his neck). He also has faded black jean shorts that end at the knees. His hiking shoes match his jacket, being primarily dark brown, but with black rubber trim.

Dustin's black drawstring backpack hangs loosely from his shoulders, and is usually not even noticed because it is often in the shadow of the windbreaker's hood.

Hometown: Viridian City

Preferred Starter Pokemon: Teddiursa

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
So, Oni Raichu, do you an idea of when this is going to start? And then I also wanted to know who is in and who isn't. Thanks.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Because my multi-quote is an epic fail, I'm going to have to tell you all whether you are accepted or rejected in a different manner.

iLike2EatPiez:

I loved the personality.

(Also, when we find out our starter, are we allowed to give it any unique traits or quirks? Most RPGs allow/require you to describe the personality and appearance of a trainer's Pokemon, but seeing as in this one the RPer doesn't necissarilly decide their starter, will we just narrate that when the RPG starts?)

Yeah, it's more or less instant improvisation with how you want your Pokemon to act like. They're living creatures, not robotical machines.

Preferred Starter Region: Jhoto; come on, who doesn't love it?

Normally the people that can't spell Johto correctly.

Anyways, accepted.

___

Zimvee:

I was very close to saying your biography was a bit unbelievable, especially with the fact that your character nearly died when he was a baby because of some unknown disease, but I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. You're accepted.

Preferred Starter Pokemon: I'm gonna go ahead and let you pick, sounds more fun

Yes, it is more fun. Now, due to your lax nature and you're characters determination, I'm giving you a Farfetch'd. I decided to challenge you.

___

Pika_Master414:

You're post made my eyes bleed. It's twenty to three in the morning and I really amn't bothered to point out why your sign-up was bad, but let's just say it wasn't realistic. I'm not sorry to say this, but your sign-up has been rejected.

___

Zore:

You could improve the history and personality a bit, if you want to impress me, but other than that it's cool.

Preferred Starter Pokemon: Murkrow or Chinchou

Personally, I think your character likes a bit of fun and can cause quite a bit of mischief when he feels like it, so I'm going to throw you the Murkrow. That and the fact that Chinchou does not seem like a starter Pokemon to me at all.

Lucien Lachance is pending.

Chabz:

I like your style.

His tutor, an old geezer of a man, used a lot of corny analogys during his teaching sessions and it, sadly, rubbed off on David in a little way.

That was an epic line.

Preferred Starter Pokemon: I want you guys to pick my pokemon for me, and if I don't like it I'll explain why I want a Dratini.

You're getting a Wooper, because I dare to be different. Which means you are accepted, of course.

Jax Macolm:

I loved the personality, it was really something else. Especially thr whole, 'Emma is a girl' thing. With the starter Pokemon, I really think a (wait for it) Meowth fits you. So, in conclusion, you are accepted.

..Beyond is accepted.

So, Oni Raichu, do you an idea of when this is going to start? And then I also wanted to know who is in and who isn't. Thanks.

I'm sorry, you've been rejected.

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 25, 2010
Oni Raichu I've edited my story if you want to read it again. I swear it's not as bad (and it's realistic)
Could you Plz give me a second chance?

Last edited:

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
Years
A Whooper? I honestly don't think I could work with a Whooper. I'd probably spend more time trying to punt that thing into the Moltres flame at the Indigo Plataeu. How about any of these pokemon:

Glameow, Trophius, Lapras, Absol, Snowrunt, Cubone, Houndour(sp?), Magby.

The little blue guy with no arms I wouldn't even need a pokeball, I'd use him as a soccer ball as a traversed the various regions. He's more useless than a Psyduck in a small pond! Haha in the end I'll accept any decision just because I feel this RP will be enjoyable.

Zore

Reaper
Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2012
Thanks for accepting me, glad I managed to snag a Murkrow as my starter. I edited my character's personality and History a bit to flesh him out more as per your suggestion. I look forward to the beginning of the roleplay, I feel it will be fun especially with so many conflicting personalities in the main cast.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 26, 2008
this RP really sounds awesome! ^_^ everyone seems like great RP'ers too. Hopefully sign up isn't too late. *nervous eyetwitch*

Well, here's my bio. :)

Name: Maxwell Brandywine
Nickename: Max
Personality: Max is an unpleasantly demanding, cocky, and fawning young lad. He is a very independent person and usually refuses help from anyone. He strongly believes that he is the best at anything he tries, and no body else is comparable. He finds it extremely hard to make friends, because his competitive side is always so fierce. However, he can settle down quite well, and will make friends if he needs to. As an actual friend, Max is caring and funny to be around. He has a good sense of humor, but most of the time people don't understand if he is joking around or not. His ambition is what make's him up as a person, and has yet to meet a person as hot headed or headstrong as himself.
History: Max was born into a pretty wild family. He has lived in Goldenrod city all of his life, and out of his Mom, Dad, and two older siblings; he is the only one that his been interested in Pokemon training. His parents are avid gamblers, and spend much more money than they should, putting Max's family into very tough financial situations. Max has always made the best of it though, he attended Goldenrod's elementary school and was always the hardest worker out of everyone. Sadly, he was also the kid with zero friends.
It wasn't until Max starting working at the radio tower when he started to develop some people skills. The kind radio host Miss Jezzabell Landry would always show Max kindness. Max also noted the fact that she was a stunningly attractive woman, and would of course fantasize all day of marrying the precious jewel of a lady. Alas, Max finally began to develop some friends, and became much more approachable as a person. As a result, his crazy parents have finally accepted the idea of letting him begin his journey as a Pokemon trainer now that he was turned ten. Not that they really would ever turn him down, getting a kid out of the house was basically a dream come true...
Appearance: Max has jet black hair and a white complexion. He is about the average hight for a ten year old, and is definitely quite underfed. He has blue, almost grey eyes that evidently show through his fierce and ambitious nature. He has a cap that he is always wearing backwards. He sports a dark green T-shirt and light brown shorts. He wears a pair of running shoes and has a big backpack to carry all of his stuff in.
Hometown: Goldenrod City, Johto
Preffered Starter Pokemon: I'd really prefer any normal or poison type (except Grimer or Lickitung *barf*). Surprise me. xD
Starter Region: Johto I suppose. =P

Years
Name: Courtney Smith
Personality: Courtney is a outgoing trainer who is generally pleasant and well-behaved. She has attended many summer parties and knows general ettiquette, but also knows who to play people. She can come across as being flirty but honestly she's more interested in Pokémon than the opposite sex. However once she gets into heated battles she can develop a bit of a mean streak, ordering her Pokémon to perform brutal acts to destroy the opponent. She's generally relaxed though, and if she fancies someone she's more likely to ignore them than to stay around them.
History: Courtney Smith was born into a small familiy in Floamora Town, who cherished her as their only child and treated her with love, care and respect. Brought up around flowers and a kind society, taught how to breed berries and milk Miltanks, Courtney is not extremely accustomed to the city life, but she's learning: she spent a year in Jubilife City and was a journalist for a couple weeks. Courtney, from a very early age, has had an aptitude with grass-type Pokémon and they are her main choice to fight with, even though this sometimes leads to her downfall for example against ice or fire Pokémon.
When she was 12, Courtney's mother died, and feeling that she hadn't spent enough time with her she returned to Floaroma Town where she sold honey and covered costs for her grief-striken father. After about a year, her father recovered and told her that she should pave her own way in her life rather than staying in Floaroma: so Courtney travelled to Kanto and trained in Mt. Moon for a few months, honing her physical and mental skills and learning the more technical ways of Pokémon battling. Since this, Courtney prefers to develop close bonds with her Pokémon than to use them as fighting machines, and she sees them as equals and friends rather than pets. She prefers to stick to a small team of Pokémon rather than catching as many as she can, and is opposed to trading as she feels this treats the Pokémon like toys. She now lives in Jubilife again in a condo, having befriended the residents and resuming her work as a journalist. She aspires to become part of the Elite Four in any region, feeling grass-type Pokémon are grossly underepresented in them, although she also has her own role model, the Gym Leader Erika.
Appearance: Without being stunningly pretty, Courtney has a pretty face with a button nose and big bright blue eyes. Her complexion is pale, and she has spiky, short, straw coloured hair. She has a few freckles dotting around her nose, and has a small and dainty mouth. She is of average height, and has just started to blossom into a proper woman. She wears a boy's shirt, long trousers, sandals, and usually wears shades and sometimes a small hat.
Hometown: Floaroma Town
Preferred Starter Pokemon: Chikorita
Preferred Starter Region: Sinnoh

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
intresting... a Farfetch'd. This is gonna be tough to work with

That was my intention.

Oni Raichu I've edited my story if you want to read it again. I swear it's not as bad (and it's realistic)
Could you Plz give me a second chance?

I'll give you a second chance because I'm nice. Have fun with an Azurill.

A Whooper? I honestly don't think I could work with a Whooper. I'd probably spend more time trying to punt that thing into the Moltres flame at the Indigo Plataeu. How about any of these pokemon:

Glameow, Trophius, Lapras, Absol, Snowrunt, Cubone, Houndour(sp?), Magby.

The little blue guy with no arms I wouldn't even need a pokeball, I'd use him as a soccer ball as a traversed the various regions. He's more useless than a Psyduck in a small pond! Haha in the end I'll accept any decision just because I feel this RP will be enjoyable.

You can have a Cubone, I feel you will do well with him.

Preffered Starter Pokemon: I'd really prefer any normal or poison type (except Grimer or Lickitung *barf*). Surprise me. xD

Let's see what you can do with a Cleffa, my good man.

AlexB1001:

Personality: Courtney is a outgoing trainer who is generally pleasant and well-behaved. She can come across as being flirty but honestly she's more interested in Pokémon than the opposite sex. However once she gets into heated battles she can develop a bit of a mean streak.

Needs more personality.

History: Courtney Smith was born into a small familiy in Floamora Town. Brought up around flowers and a kind society, Courtney is not extremely accustomed to the city life, but she's learning. Courtney, from a very early age, has had an aptitude with grass-type Pokémon and they are her main choice to fight with. Courtney prefers to develop close bonds with her Pokémon than to use them as fighting machines, and she sees them as equals and friends rather than pets. She prefers to stick to a small team of Pokémon rather than catching as many as she can. She aspires to become part of the Elite Four.

Needs more History.

You are now pending.

Alright, I suppose my sign-up may come in handy.

Name: Marvalo Bond.

Personality: Marvalo isn't scared to be outspoken, and does his best to let his authority be present at all times. He dislikes it when he is ignored and will always attempt to be at the centre of attention. As he is ten, most adults treat him as if he is still three years old and this irritates him to no end, especially when he comes up with a (in his opinion, anyways) really smart reply and the adults laugh at him before telling him what a sweet little boy he is. When he isn't getting ignored by older people though, he is normally trying to take control of any situation. Marvalo enjoys thinking that he could easily do anything better than everyone else, and when he is proven wrong he will retreat into a shell, not responding to people until he cools down.

Despite this brash personality most people see straight away, Marvalo can be kind to people that have made a huge impact on his life, when he is alone with them. He doesn't want his peers to know that he has 'girly' feelings and does his best to act the complete opposite when with his friends. Marvalo is able to carry a very long grudge with people and can be cold and unforgiving to those that have done bad stuff to him. He hasn't quite decided what sort of first impression he wishes to give the Pokemon he receives, still wondering whether or not the Pokemon will respect him should the boy come out as a nasty character at first.

Marvalo is pretty smart and he uses his brains to his utmost ability. He enjoys testing himself with brain-teasers and can normally be found in class occupied with a crossword. He enjoys outsmarting and insulting his friends, thinking he's cool and showing off his brain power, unaware of the meaning of the term, ego stroking. He always has a secret fear that his friends will eventually get annoyed with him and leave him, but for now he enjoys the fact that he has authority over them.

History: He was born in Goldenrod City in Johto, in the year of a-who knows when? He opened up his eyes, to the tune of an accordion. Marvalo was the oldest, in a family of four, with his baby brother Malcolm taking up the rear. The Bond child grew up a pretty sheltered life as his parents were fairly protective and he is now facing puberty, unaware most of the facts due to his parents thinking he was still five years old. He enrolled in Goldenrod Academy, the school for aspiring Pokemon trainers and has been taught there for the past five years.

A lot of the time before his tenth birthday has been spent thinking. Marvalo may seem to be on the ball all the time, but when it comes to major decisions, he is a cold case. The Bond child was unable to decide whether or not he wanted to go on a Pokemon adventure, torn between travelling through regions catching wild beasts and harnessing their power, and photography. You see, Marvalo loved scenery. And on his eighth birthday, he was given a camera as a present, which he loved more than anything. On school trips, he has been able to get amazing pictures of The Lake of Rage, and the islands of the coast of Olivine City.

It was about six weeks before Marvalo was due to turn ten when he realised that he could take photographs and be a Pokemon trainer at the same time. His parents were against him going out on a journey by himself, but he argued against them for days and eventually, they gave up their battle.

Appearance: You have a radiator against the wall. Marvalo is twice the size of that radiator, which is pretty small for a ten year old. His blonde hair hangs over his crystal blue eyes, which can be a creepy feature at times. If you lean in close, you suddenly notice that his nose seems to be slightly crooked to the left, something the boy doesn't enjoy talking about. There are scars that run along his right arm, something that Marvalo boasts about, saying that he acquired them when he fought against a Lucario in order to protect his friends. Obviously, this story is untrue, but he begs to differ.

The kid loves wearing white. A white polo shirt and white shorts are the normal agenda for Marvalo Bond, except when he must attend some sort of formal gathering, in which he'll wear denim trousers that are much too big for him and a white shirt under a black sweater vest, which he hates.

Hometown: Goldenrod City.
Preferred Starter Pokemon: First come, first served. I want an accepted person to choose my Pokemon for me.
Preferred Starter Region: I'd say Johto, just to not be independent.

I wrote that in a hurry because I realised you're all waiting on me.

Will we get this show on the road?

Chabz

Female Pokemon Trainer
Years
Marvalo isn't scared to be outspoken, and does his best to let his authority be present at all times. He dislikes it when he is ignored and will always attempt to be at the centre of attention.

JIGGLYPUFF! Just like in the anime, following Ash and friends around always popping out to sing, and then getting extremely agitated when they fell asleep. Take that marker Oni and use it well!!!!! Hahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back