• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia smiled, "Sure, she can come." She replied. It seemed this girl was rather intelligent about bug types. She would be someone who could get them an easy a then. "So, how much do you know about bug types?" Lucia asked. "You seem rather informative about them. Are they your specialty or do you just happen to know random facts?" She asked as she looked over her notes. This was a piece of cake. Most of the questions would be about basic facts after all!

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Genevieve Molyneux
Academy Grounds

Sapphire glanced back at Maxwell to make sure he was following her and to be honest the Simipour was glad he was. Genevieve had been really upset when she had left her trainer sitting there, and Sapphire had figured that Maxwell would be able to help. Sure enough, as the reached the top of a small hill, Genevieve was were Sapphire had left her sitting on a bench with her face in her hands her shoulders shaking slightly, the letter she had gotten was sitting on the bench next to her, and her bag was tipped over on the ground.

Arctos

Fire and Blood
Years
"I think you mean Oak trees would be its preferred habitat Isaac. Acorns grow on Oak trees. But yes you're correct it is a prey pokemon and so it has developed natural camouflage. The next logical question is how? How did it develop this appearance?" A slight snicker came from one or two of the students but Andrew silenced them with a wave of his hand and a commanding, "Okay guys it was a slip of the tongue. Easy mistake to make. I don't expect you all to be botanists!" Smiling Andrew listened as the boy continued.
"The scream was impressive for a Seedot I must say but when you've dedicated as much time to pokemon as I have you build a resistance to such things," Andrew scratched his chin before continuing, "I understand this is not particularly exhilarating but it is interesting. Form follows function remember. Your pokemon look as they do and behave as they do for a reason and the heart of Pokemon Biology is to find out why! Does this not interest you in the slightest?" Andrew smiled at the boy and patted Tach lightly on the head so as not to startle the little pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
(OOC; it's kinda up to you if X-Ray remains asleep for more than one turn. If I were you, I'd flip a coin on it, or something.)

Wyatt Donaghue, By the Sea--Battle with Wyatt Wyvern

Wyatt chuckled to himself. "Ghost Pokemon specialty--and here's another. Boo, use Dream Eater!" The Gastly laughed, almost cruelly, and dove towards X-Ray. His eyes glowed as he entered a trance, tapping into X-Ray's unconscious mind.

X-Ray's Dream

The sun was shining bright and high in the sky, and the sea was full of happy, playful Pokemon. X-Ray was playing with a school of fellow Mantykes; they were playing tag, and X-Ray was it. He was chasing after another Mantyke, zooming under the sea, through a coral reef and ever deeper into the waters, when something changed.

The seas grew rough, and violent. Waves, hundreds of feet high, crashed above the surface, and the sky grew dark and cloudy. Wind, rain, thunder, and lightning all crashed and boomed and screamed overhead. The water became darker and darker, and soon, X-Ray could no longer see anybody else. "Guys? Where are you? Anyone?"

The only thing X-Ray could see was the rough outline of something--someone? below him. He laughed nervously, and began to swim down towards it. The shape drew closer, and became visible--a horrific, mutated, tentacled monster! It extended an arm, and wrapped it around X-Ray, dragging him down into the murky depths of the sea, and swinging him around like a ragdoll. X-Ray struggled and panicked, trying to get free. The monster soon grew tired of its plaything, and X-Ray was brought towards a massive, gaping hole, filled with razor-sharp teeth and cruel intentions...

Boo cackled as he fed off of the fear and pain of X-Ray. About half of the damage that had been done to him by the Water Pulse was now healed, as the Gastly fed off of the dreams of X-Ray, which also caused some damage to the Mantyke.

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Wyatt Wyvern (Raikou Dorm)

Oak Town/Sea/Battle With Wyatt D.

X-Ray eventually appeared to Wyatt to be in a deep slumber. At first it seemed to be just a nap and X-ray seemed peacefully at rest. X-Ray washed up from shallow water to entirely dry land and Wyatt grimaced. Soon after Wyatt D. Called out Dream Eater X-Ray seemed to be shaking with what gave the impression of a nightmare. Wyatt attempted to think of something to do. He wished there was some sort of mental power to cure this. "X-RAY!" He shouted repeatedly, he felt as if his lungs were like a plastic bag after unpacking groceries the way he yelled until his throat was sore. He felt like a useless trainer. He couldn't do anything but call from the sides. X-Ray continued to shake violently and his skin appeared to be drying as he lie on the beach in his sleep and at first Wyatt walked towards X-Ray. deciding to forfeit the match and to help X-Ray but before he got close enough to make contact with X-Ray, he stumbled up and rolled into the water out of site using Dive. If Wyatt didn't know any better it would have appeared that X-Ray used the last of his energy getting submerged in water. "Good Job X-Ray" said Wyatt With a hopeful grin. X-Ray seemed to read his mind. Wyatt had seen X-Ray do this before when he first went near the secluded beach in Goldenrod. Instead of attacking straight out, he was going to surround Boo with Arrays of Bubbles then attack him dead on.

Years

"Ah, very good!" Wyatt said with a grin. "We wouldn't want this to be over too quickly! --Keep it up, Boo! Use Double Team!" The Gastly cackled, and became a blur. There were now three Gastlys floating in the air, two of them being mere illusions, though which one was the real Boo was unknown, even to his owner. "This is a good match, so far! Let's keep it interesting, shall we!" The three Gastlys all chuckled and grinned, as they peered into the water, waiting for X-Ray's next move. Sheldon watched from the sidelines, cheering and laughing. "Shellos Shell Shellos!! Shell!"

dcjboi

With Quiet Courage
Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Wyatt Wyvern (Raikou Dorm)

Oak Town/Sea/Battle With Wyatt D.

Wyatt just stood by for now and allowed X-Ray some independence with his next move. Wyatt tried not to give away that X-Ray still had some tricks up his sleeve but he couldn't help but manage a grin. With that being said X-Ray sailed into the sky, almost suspended, before spitting out a cloud of bubbles, obstructing the view of everything Wyatt could see in the direction of the two competitors. Although it seemed almost ambient, the tide of the water seemed to gradually get higher and higher on shore. Wyatt was caught somewhat offguard as this was a new technique to him. He stood in place squinting his eyes as to see what was going on inside of the mountain of bubbles still obstructing his sight.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Gene Kitoshi's Classroom
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Figuring she'd probably be in class for a while, Valorie pulled out a super potion and her newly caught zorua's ball. Pressing the potion to the tip of the ball she injected it, healing Kiyoko inside. She then held the ball at her side, completely oblivious to what she may have just inadvertently set in motion.

Olivia Wolf - N's Classroom
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On cue, Olivia's hand went up. She had a question! She seemed pretty eager to ask it too. Presumably, she would not be ignored. Upon being addressed, she would speak up in an ever so innocent sounding tone.

"Um... Is this class about math..? I'm not very good at math. N is pi right?"

...The sad part was that she was serious. Or maybe she was mocking him?
  • You meet the New Age Retro Bimbo

Elizabeth - Elizabeth's classroom
Elizabeth slowly pulled herself up and examined one of her arms in a rather scrutinizing manner. One could imagine it must've been landed on, and must've been particularly sore for her to treat it as such. She looked up to acnowledge Takumi and simply smiled shyly for a moment.

"I--I'll be okay..." she stated, finally pushing herself to her feet. She acknowledged the students, including Dante and Artemisio, with her eyes. Artemisio must've been the one to have asked that question.

"No... You're fine."

She seemed to have clear difficulty speaking, as her words came out in a sluggish, awkward manner.

"Come for--forward and receive these pokeball pieces... We'll be... constructing a... functional replica pokeball and... enchanting it with runes today."

...It seemed this was the teacher? Eizabeth took one of her pokeballs from her person and handed it to Takumi in a mildly shy manner. It had multiple strange markings on it, approximately six to be exact. She then addressed Takumi with an expression that seemed to hold some sort of respect, or thanks.

"If you're... feeling up to it. This ball... has multiple runes on it... Power, Catching, and Durability. It--It hasn't been successfully replicated... but... um..."

The ball was still held out to Takumi, awaiting his answer to the offer. One might notice that despite there being six runes on the ball, she only mentioned three of the runes on the board. What were the other three for? Upon closer inspection, or if he took the ball and examined it, he would find that the runes were arranged in three seperate 'lines' spreading out from a centerpoint. The inner runes were unfamiliar, and a tad larger than the ones on the outer of the ball. On even closer inspection, the inner ruins were all extremely similar in design, but ever so subtly different.

A thought occured to Elizabeth and she turned to address the class.

"T-These pokeballs are yours to keep, by the way..!"

-
Dardanette seemed to raise her brows momentarily, taking C.J.'s hand, cupping it between both of hers and drawing him in a bit closer for no immediately apparent reason other than possessiveness.

"I'm... Dardanette~"

She pulled his hand to her mid-section and leaned in closer towards C.J... uncomfortably close even. Her eyes locked onto him, and that oblivious grin on her face as if she didn't notice how afraid he was.

"That was a brave choice~ I desire your soul... Most act as if that were the end of the world~"

She giggled briefly. Well she wasn't all that subtle about it. Apparently what she was after was his soul. It seemed she /was/ aware of his fear on some level, seeing as she'd referred to bravery. Did it amuse her? Is that why she smiled perpetually? She also implied that having his soul taken was not 'the end'. What was that supposed to mean? Either way, it was very much rather eerie. Should he attempt to pull away he'd now find that impossible, though he could attempt to drag Dardanette along if he wished. She was merely human weight after all, despite wielding supernatural strength.

Years

X-Ray hurtled through the air, towards one of the Gastlys in a Dive attack, and...Phased right through it, landing on the beach--X-Ray had merely hit one of the copies! The two copies of Boo vanished, and the real Boo chuckled triumphantly. "Alright, Boo, nice work! hit him with a Shadow Ball! This might be it for X-Ray!" Wyatt called out. Boo rose into the air, conjuring a large, dark, pulsating ball of energy. With a cackle, the Gastly launched the Shadow Ball towards the beached Mantyke. Sheldon the Shellos continued cheering from the sidelines. "Shellos! Shellos! Shell shell Shellos!"

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiyoko.gif

きよこ - KIYOKO
What Have You Done!?

~

Figuring she'd probably be in class for a while, Valorie pulled out a super potion and her newly caught zorua's ball. Pressing the potion to the tip of the ball she injected it, healing Kiyoko inside. She then held the ball at her side, completely oblivious to what she may have just inadvertently set in motion.

Pitch Black. Kiyoko began to stir, and upon looking up, he could see the outside world, but... It was tinted red? There was also a large dark shape... A hand? Uh-oh. That's right, looks like he was captured yet AGAIN. It took only moments for the claustrophobia to kick in, right after the panic and paranoia. This all mixed together and formed, well. An explosion. DEJA VU AMIRIGHT Of course, inside a Pokeball this would be very small-scale. Kiyoko burst out of the Pokeball, likely snapping the two halves of the Pokeball into separate pieces. He leapt right out, telepathically shouting Get AWAY R men!! crashing and tumbling across the classroom floor, quickly changing into his small boy form, and running out of the classroom (actually jumping up to reach the door handle) and fleeing into the hallway.

Once outside, he returned back to his foxy Zorua form, once more looking skeletal and starved, even terrified Ah, just like old times as he leapt up onto the hallway's nearby table and found the only hiding place: a cornucopia. Of course, being as panicked and scared as he was, he didn't do so well in hiding himself.

KiyokosHiding.png

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2013
Tristen S, Raikou Dorm
[Battlefield]

Tristen turned around to face Drew as she heard the call of his Umbreon being released from its pokeball. Here we go. I guess it's my pokemon versus Drew's Umbreon and Petilil. That's going to make for an interesting combination.

She twirled her thick white hair in her finger as she began to picture the battle in her head. Tristen wasn't a traditional battler; she had become accustomed to communicating with her pokemon without much verbal conversation due to necessity in moments that required a certain amount of stealth. Besides, she wasn't much for speaking aloud anyways.

She pulled out two of her own pokeballs from her headband and wordlessly threw them to the ground. In a flash of light, both her Skarmory and Croagunk appeared before her; Skarmory stretched his wings as he let out a metallic screech, and the little purple frog next to it simply stood there, calmly taking in the sight of Drew's Umbreon.

"Drew, meet my pokemon: Skarmory and Gabriel." They've been my companions for nearly half of my life. "They're my only two pokemon as well." You had better watch out.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark listened to the others as they each compared notes with eachother. Mark had plenty of confidence that he'd do at least decently on this pop quiz. He just prayed there weren't any surprises. Mark decided to give his two cents when Nika mentioned that Grass types didn't have much going for them.

"Well, not all grass types are pure grass types. They could be mixed with another typing to fix alot of their usual problems. They have access to moves like Sunny Day and Solarbeam too. I've never actually seen those moves before..." Mark said.

Years
(OOC: Sorry for the late respond, vacations do that to you :/)

Ryan seemed to have brought the teen back to his senses.
"Well I was thinking I might start the lesson with a small quiz, and then we could learn about the Pokémon that actually saved me at one point in my life. So it should be a good lesson. As to where the other students are..." Ryan looked around. "I have no idea. However, we should be starting soon regardless of class turn out."

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Valorie Ryder - Academy Hallways
Valorie felt the pokeball within her hand abruptly snap open involuntarily, sending out her newfound catching and startling her. She turned and watched Kiyoko bolt out of the room, just sort of... staring for a moment. What exactly had just happened and who had just called out like that? She looked around her. A handful of NPC students were staring. Cue pokerface. Oh... She had this feeing it must've been her... pokemon.

Yamask (Shu): "...Are you going to go after him?"

The Yamask piped up without his help having been asked for and Valorie just sort of... glanced in his general direction briefly with a somewhat exasperated look on her face. She declined to respond to him directly however, and turned to address the teacher.

Valorie: "Uh... I've gotta go... deal with that."

She gestured briefly at the door, indicating the fleeing pokemon. She then proceeded to turn and move out the door at a quick pace. Moving outside, she looked around before heading off in a direction of her choice. Now... Where had that pokemon gone? She walked along, trying to figure out exactly how she should proceed with this when she saw it; a familiar looking tail sticking out of one of the thanksgiving decorations, a basket of sorts, caught her eye. She just sort of stood there for a moment before proceeding over to the table the basket presumably rested on. A moment of hesitation.

...She reached out and lightly tapped on Kiyoko's tail.

Hey. Hey you. Wake up.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Kiyoko.gif

きよこ - KIYOKO
A Terrified Tail

~

Kiyoko found solace in this small hiding place... Up until he was found only seconds later. A light touch of his tail was enough to scare him half to death, and when he leaped away from the touch the cornucopia went with him; both met the floor followed by a bounce or two and a slight roll. Kiyoko rotated himself inside the basket so that he was completely inside, his head peaking out. Once he got a look at the girl who had just poked him he peaked his head out slightly further; she didn't look evil, but, coming from a Pokemon of Disguises, looks can be very deceitful.

His head was about halfway out of the cornucopia and his orchid purple eyes were mixed full of confusion, fear, and curiosity. Y-you... Don't look like an R Man... But you could be one of them! They're all over, they're gonna find me, they're gonna capture me and do more tests! With that he circled back into the basket, his purple eyes glowing from inside.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Vriska Van der Douchevald
167.gif
092.gif
025.gif
198.gif

CHAPTER VII: SUPER ESPECIAL AWESOME FILLER

While Vriska danced around with joy over her newly caught Murkrow, Chu had grabbed the Pokeball containing his new friend, and began examining it. Chu pressed the center of the Pokeball, releasing Murkrow, who then began examining Vriska with caution. How could she be his new Trainer? An exotic dancer is not meant to raise Pokemon! Still... He's a bit lonely, might as well give her a chance...

Vriska suddenly snapped out of her silly dance, and she then tossed Nebula's Pokeball in the air, along with Buggey's. Along with some lousy lights came her Spinarak and Gastly.

"Hey everyone, meet our new friend!" She said with excitement. She took her Notepad and erased catching a Murkrow from her to-do list, and added another goal saying Examine Murkrow before creating an entry...

She took her Pokedex out, she was so busy talking to Maxwell that she didn't even had time to check if she had any messages. Speaking of which, where is he? A few minutes ago he was talking to her...

Oh, yes! Now she remembers, a blue monkey arrived, and for some reason Maxwell followed it. Oh, well, she thought, shenanigans...

She redirected her eyes towards her Pokedex, and opened the chat system. Mmm, no messages, that's weird... Too weird perhaps, why did their friends suddenly ceased talking to her, and more importantly, why did Vincent suddenly stopped pestering her? Something's going on, and Vriska has the feeling it's not gonna be any good...

Or maybe there were all hanging out how they do every single day... Well, perhaps she's being too paranoid about her friends... But what about Vincent? She's never wrong when she feels like he's up to something...

She decided to snap out of it, and directed her sight back to her Pokemon... Seems like they're all hugging Murkrow against his will.

"Let's go guys!" She said, after letting a little giggle out. They all began strolling towards a nearby forest afterwards, as Vriska wanted to see what kinds of bug-Pokemon inhabited the island...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Danielle Accola & Megan Sandoval
Classroom

"Alright students! Time's up!"

The time to study for the quiz has ended. As the students in class quieted down, they all turned to Megan at the front of the class, holding a neatly-stacked quiz papers ready to be passed out. Avan, on Megan's shoulder, jumped excitedly…not knowing what a quiz actually is. Danielle reorganized herself again, and placed her pencil on her desk, while her notes were being put away on the side of her desk. She noticed that most of the students were doing the same.

"I want you all to pack up your belongings, and have just a pencil or a pen on your desk. Nothing else." Megan told the class. "I gave you all just enough time to study for the quiz. After the quiz, you will put the paper on my desk, and walk over to Battlefield #7. You basically either take the elevator or the stairs up top. If you feel you might get lost, you can wait outside for me and I'll walk over to the rooftop."

Danielle gave a smiling glance at Lucia, then to the right at Mark. She seemed ready for her very first quiz at the Academy. Something she was wanting to do. She was very hopeful to get a good mark.

"Leah," Megan called out to the Leavanny, "Would you be a darling and pass out the quiz please?

"Leavanny!" Leah jumped up happily and retrieved the stack of papers from Megan. She begins passing them out, starting from Nika Valentine at the first row…then Lucia at the second row, thirdly to Danielle, and finally…to Mark at the very last row.

"Once you get your quiz, there is absolutely no talking. My Espeon will notify me when someone is talking." Megan concluded, "Thus, good luck on the quiz and I shall see you all up on the roof."

Danielle placed her paper on her desk, and stared at the 15 question pop quiz. Usually quizzes are more like 5 questions, but 15? I'll take forever in this quiz, she thought. There were multiple choice, so it didn't harm her much.

Megan returned to her desk and packed up her belongings. She looked over to her class roster and starts pairing up the students. The problem was…there was an odd number of students, leaving one without a partner. She continued to partner each of the students, one by one…until Lucia's name was left. Megan then drew a circle around the name and then an arrow. Writing, To battle with Leah.

Drew Stone - Battlefield #6

Battlefield #6 read the bold-lettered sign at the front entrance. As the Double Battling Expert class (the ones that didn't get partnered up) sat on the side bleachers. Drew, Syd, and Embee stepped back to his place, as Tristan seemingly did the same. She had a Croagunk and a Skarmory.

"As I said, this is my first time battling, actually! I wish you the best of luck nonetheless. We will learn from this battle." Drew shouted.

Embee and Syd stood parallel together from one another, staring at the two Pokemon right in front of them. Embee growled at Croagunk, while Syd shook with fear at the Skarmory…especially that this Pokemon is a steel bird.

"I'll let you start first." Drew shouted again at the girl. "You know, ladies first." His toes inside his shoes started to wobble a bit, leaving off the energy. Sweat starts to pour, from his head, and his boyish hair begins to fizzle. It was a large battlefield, and Drew needed to show off his skills, especially to the whole class.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"meh. What can I say I have preferences." Isaac said slyly making a joke about the professors,"Anyway when it comes to why my pokemon act like they do biology only teachs us as much as we can learn about humans. Tach here for example has a mouth and eyes, and all sortsof other organs and what naught that let him function, but so do every other seedot. Tach does what he does based on his life as well. Just like you and me differ each pokemon differs because of one thing in particular. Our thoughts. We are imperfect beings, and honestly pokemon are a little less imperfect really. What we think. what we do. what we are. No amount of biology can change that I'm sorry, and its their being not how they be that fasinates me when it coems to pokemon."

Isaac took his seat having made his point. He'd be complacent with the class, but he would not have his mind changed by science. 'The world is one discovered by doing, not just hearing about it' was one of the lines his father, the ranger, often used to discribe his work.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Mark packed up all of his belongings into his backpack. Well just about time for the quiz now... he usually got nervous when a quiz like this popped up. So nervous to the point where he'd completely flop and mess up. Mark took a deep breath.

"Good luck girls." Mark said as he received his quiz. Well may as well get through with this. The first few questions were easy enough. Multiple choice questions weren't all that bad. It was the last half of questions that really bugged Mark. They were a bit harder then the previous questions. He filled the answers in to the best of his ability but more then likely got at least three or four questions wrong.

Mark got up out of his desk and place his quiz on the desk. He decided to wait outside of the door to wait for the others. Mark's Pokemon each followed. At last, that small buzzing noise was no longer heard in the classroom... the other classmates still doing the test were bound to be relieved.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
N

Aaaaah. Already the first two questions of the day. Granted, he was somewhat taken a back a little bit by Olivia's question.

He just gave a smile to Olivia first. "No dear. I'm not Pie. I don't even think I taste that good. Do I Zoroark?"

Zoroark gave a snort at that cheesy joke N gave.

Now N looked back to Fang as he reapproached the board. "As for what this has to do with Pokemon..."

He stood in front of the board and stared at it for a moment making a "Hmmm" sound as he thought. Then he flipped the board around again to its blank side.

"Actually that has almost nothing to do with Pokemon. That's just a few math equations I put on the board while I was bored myself. One of which happened to be Professor Oak's equation for capturing Pokemon, but I believe it to be incomplete."

He gave a small shrug. "A bunch of statistics and variables about a pokemon's physical stats, type differences, what kind of pokeball would be uses or best suited per pokemon...It honestly is still lacking the most important variable of all. Would anyone care to guess what that variable is? It's surprisingly an easy guess...I hope."

Zoroark meanwhile just looked like he disappeared in a fog of smoke for some odd reason. A few seconds later, the empty seat next to Lincoln was filled with some student wearing a dark colored jacket and with bright red hair folding a piece of paper into a paper airplane.

Takumi
"Very well then. That is good to hear," he responded to her when she mentioned she would be alright. It also seemed like a student was late for the class. Oh well. Before he could return to his seat, Elizabeth had handed him a new interesting looking ancient pokeball. He had taken note of its many differences, and accepted the pokeball from her and nodded. "Thank you very much, Ms. Elizabeth."

As soon as he was back in his seat, he set the Pokeball on his desk next to the other parts and waited to see what they would do next in class to assemble the pokeballs.

Back