• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No$GBA Vs. Desmume

No$gba Vs. Desmume

• No$GBA

Votes: 284 45.2%
  • Desmume

Votes: 345 54.8%

• Total voters

Shadowed Team

Kanto/Johto Pokémon Master
Years
That's a hard choice. No$GBA run smoothly, but crashes too much. DeSmuME runs to slowly, but doesn't crash at all. I first used No$GBA to play Pokemon SoulSilver, but after Ecruteak City, it would crash after I saved and crash when I tried to open it. I then download DeSmuME and played from there. It is a bit too slow, but I adjusted the settings and now, it runs okay...(Just a few slow moments.) In saying that, I would vote for DeSmeME by a photofinish.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
i have desmume and it works with pokemon white but no exp. but the rom works good and with exp on the ds.
so is there a fix for this as i have seen fixes for roms but my rom is good

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
does anybody respond to these.
and i go to make a new thread and it will not go up untill a mod has looked at it.
that was a few days ago.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012

What the heck are you talking about...? o.O
I have absolutely no idea what you just tried to write :D

sorry if it did not make sense.
i made a new thread and after i created it a screen came up saying that it wont get posted until a mod has looked at it.
all i can do is just post in something that is already there like this thread for instance.

edit: here is the message i get
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

and it never gets posted.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
i need some help with this no exp thing.
my rom works fine but the emulator desmume wont give exp when playing pokemon white on it.
if i play it on the ds i get exp, so there is nothing wrong with the rom and i dont need to patch the rom

ok problem solved. i found a action replay code for the xp problem and now it works

Last edited:

faospark

web Developer
Years
i need some help with this no exp thing.
my rom works fine but the emulator desmume wont give exp when playing pokemon white on it.
if i play it on the ds i get exp, so there is nothing wrong with the rom and i dont need to patch the rom

ok problem solved. i found a action replay code for the xp problem and now it works
I would go out of topic for this reply but here it goes there is another to go over the exp and that is by patching it using dicastia

emeraldJmac

Legend of Generations
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
I've had both No$GBA and Desmume, and Ironically DesMuMe ran better with less issues than No$ did... Of course, I did some tweaks to DesMuMe to help it out xD. All the DS version games worked great on it, hardly any lag, unless I had itunes open or something. My computer is a dual core running 2.1ghz with 3 gigs RAM, so computer wouldn't be too much of an issue for either emulator. :)

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've had both No$GBA and Desmume, and Ironically DesMuMe ran better with less issues than No$ did... Of course, I did some tweaks to DesMuMe to help it out xD. All the DS version games worked great on it, hardly any lag, unless I had itunes open or something. My computer is a dual core running 2.1ghz with 3 gigs RAM, so computer wouldn't be too much of an issue for either emulator. :)
It's not exactly ironically, it's pretty usual :D

emeraldJmac

Legend of Generations
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012

It's not exactly ironically, it's pretty usual :D

Lol thanks for re-wording that better, although I said ironically due to the majority of peeps I know think No$ is better compared to those who use DesMuMe

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
i personally prefer desmume, always just found it easier and better to use overall.

faospark

web Developer
Years
206 Vs 189 , Desmume fans we are doing our job pretty Good :) No$Gba fans dont hate just face the reality that it will never be updated ever again

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
nochas think is better in many respects but the audio should then be distorisiona desume have not had a chance to use it but apparently it is very good, so even so I prefer no $ gba

dbcification

Long-Time Lurker
Years
I used to use NO$GBA for everything, but it was so buggy and crashy (not to mention how bad DS games look and run on it), so now I've downsized to VBA and DeSmuME.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 18, 2017
I preferred No$ until a couple months ago. On my old computer, Desmume was unplayably slow, no matter what settings I used. However, my new i7 runs it perfectly. On top of that, I've been having increasing difficulty getting games released after 2009 to function properly in No$ (after the black screen glitch in HGSS, everything just went downhill). It was still worth the trouble as long as I could play the game with more than 15fps, but now that my new computer runs Desmume at normal speed, it's pretty much pointless to keep No$.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2012
I started with No&GBA but went to Desmume as it has the Speed up Button.

I prefer Deume as you can play straight away but No&GBA seems to be more Compatible but needs alot more setting up

I ran Desmume fine on and i5 Machine

Last edited:
Back