• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Media] Why do you watch PKMN YouTubers/Twitch Streamers?

What is the Main Reason you watch Poketubers / Streamers?

• Wi-Fi Battles and Tournaments

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon News and Theories

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
Hello fellow Interwebbers!

To cut the intro short, I've noticed quite a lot of Poketubers and Streamers, and I wondered what the main reason people watch them is.

The poll above is to determine the main reason for watching this content.

Years
It's not so much the content I care about when watching Pokemon videos (or even gaming videos in general), but the content creator(s) themselves. If I enjoy other videos that they produce, and then they put out something Pokemon related, then 9 times out of 10 I'll make a point of watching it.

Then again, I never really understood why things like Let's Plays are so popular, and I don't follow any Pokemon streamers/Youtubers (aside from PC's own channels), so maybe I'm not the right guy to ask, haha.

Years
I tend to watch Pokemon YouTubers for loads of things, mainly Let's Plays, battles and my fave - Pokemon Top 10s, theories, and information.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
I don't tend to watch gaming footage or videos like that.

I do love top 10s, theories, collections (TCG, plush, etc) and did you know type videos.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
Well, I like to watch videos in general where people just rattle on about their opinions. Top 10s fit into that alley in a concise manner. But I also like to listen to them just talking about what they think in general of Pokemon. Any reviews of games, etc. Of course, I won't watch just anyone. the quality of their mic must be decent, and their voice musn't be grating.

Not really into Let's Plays though. At least, not of Pokemon. I like to watch other people play games more than I like to play them, if I'm honest, but Pokemon is something I prefer to do on my own. Sometimes, I will watch Wi-Fi competitive battles though. Those are good for when I do my exercises.

Years
My favorite is watching shiny hunting streams. I watch regular news videos and theories a lot too, but for the most part if it has to do with pokemon and I like the hosts of the channel then I will watch. Some of my favorites are JWittz, The Dex and CandyEvie. I used to like TamashiiHiroka a lot too, but now her voice just really makes me not able to sit through her videos. Her content is good though, just not her voice.

Years
I really like watching for both shiny hunting and lets plays I've found myself watching aDrive an awful lot. As well as him I really like watching The Silver League Networks for battling and the top 10s.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Watch a few for Nuzlockes and other challenge runs, since I never do them myself.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
The only Pokemon Youtuber I watch for theories and top 10s is TamashiiHiroka. I watch lets players who play mostly Nintendo games such as JoshJepson, Chuggaaconroy, Lucahjin and NintendoCaprisun all of which have done or are currently doing Pokemon lets plays. I also watch SMKGaming05 who streams shiny hunts.

Back