• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Favourite Gen 6 Pokemon

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 13, 2019
My favorite gen 6 Pokemon are:
Greninja: Awesome ninja frog with well rounded attack stats.
Delphox: Great with both it's types, and with sp.ATK.
Doublade: Interesting concept with great attack, and it's Ghost/Steel.
Dedenne: Cute fairy type Pikachu.
Clawitzer: Awesome alternative when you don't have a water type in the team.
Dragalge: Epic poisonous dragon.
Tyrantrum: I love dinosaurs, and he's an awesome Pokemon with awesome attack.

The list goes on for me. I got a ton of favs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
The favorite?

Espurr. For sure.

Yeah, I definitely feel that way, I'm not just typing this because he's staring. No way that's the case.

Sean Flame

*#@()@(!#¥{
Years
It's the
MF***ING
LUCHADOR
HAWK
POKEMON

Do I even have to explain this choice? Look at him.That, my friends, is badass personified. The second I saw a Hawlucha in the wild, the immediate thought that first crossed my mind was simply "ME WANT." I mean, you just know the little guy will swoop into every battle he can find and kick multiple asses in the name of peace. It gets even better when you do capture one, and he starts making dramatic pro-wrestling gestures in and out of battle. Did I also mention he knows a new move called Flying Press, where he actually dive bombs from a turnbuckle onto the opponent?? I…I am in awe. Despite the low number of new Pokemon introduced in the gen,I think we can safely say it was all worth it just for this brave, honorable mofo.

Years
My fave Pokemon of this generation is definitely Sylveon, not because I love Fairy-types but because it was the first Eeveelution I actually used in a main playthrough and mine proved to be a true MVP.

I also love the other Fairy-types like Klefki, Slurpuff and Florges. Other honourable mentions include Meowstic, Vivillon, Pangoro, Hawlucha, the starters and the fossil duo.

Shanedmuir

Shane D.M.
Years
I'm definitely a fan of the Chespin line. Chespin was my starter in my first run through of X, and I love the fact that Chesnaught is a grass-fighting type.

I really like Pancham / Pangoro. I don't think Pokemon had introduced any Panda Pokemon before these guys (from what I can remember).

Also strangely satisfied by Clawitzer's cry... in a not weird way.

Years
My favorite Gen 6 Pokemon is probably Braixen

I agree. One of my fave middle evolution starters, in fact up there with Frogadier, Brionne and Dewott for me.

tumblr_ob2qdzZYRV1sapaufo1_500.gif

Also, you have to love how beautiful Serena's Braixen was in the anime.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
My favourite Kalos mon?
Spoiler:

Heliolisk has got to be one of the cutest Pokémon ever, just look at how it extends its collar! Not to mention it looks so silly in its official artwork even though it's trying to act tough, which I find hilarious. Another thing is I love how it's a frilled lizard + mythical basilisk + real life basilisk hybrid combined with elements from solar powered equipment. All of it just looks so seemless together without any of the design looking tacky or boring. Plus, I find it neat all of its abilities take advantage of most of the weather conditions. Finally, while the shiny isn't that great, I remember seeing a comment saying it's supposed to represent overheating if it takes too much sunlight. Kind of a nice touch.

Second favourite is Noivern. I love how it's a dragon-bat-wyvern with a cool colour scheme and a boombox for its ears.

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
Mine (probably) is All final Evo Starter, Yvelta, Noivern, and Tyrantrum.
But most favorite Gen 6 is Fennekin's Evo line.Because Fennekin is my first shiny in Pokemon world (I've Shiny Fennekin in Reborn)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 29, 2019
Delphox, because it wasn't another Fire/Fighting starter. I still remember coming up with the perfect nickname...Rosalina. Not after Rosalina of Super Mario Galaxy, but after the wife of Houndini. He and his wife always went around disproving psychics, and after his death, she continued doing so. Not one psychic could ever give her proof, in the form of two simple words Houndini told her: Rosalina, believe.

_ShinyGardevoir_

Shiny Pokémon
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jun 19, 2017
I'm not especially fond of Gen 6's Pokemon, but here are my favorites:

Diancie
Hoopa
Tyrunt
Braixen
Sylveon

I really like Braixen and Tyrunt. I find most of Gen 6's Pokemon kind of weird, imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Froakie, Pancham, that's it. Not a big fan of gen 6. I'm sure there are others I like but I can't think of them.

EDIT: Just thought of two more I liked Litleo and Bunnelby.

Last edited:
Years
Delphox, because it wasn't another Fire/Fighting starter. I still remember coming up with the perfect nickname...Rosalina. Not after Rosalina of Super Mario Galaxy, but after the wife of Houndini. He and his wife always went around disproving psychics, and after his death, she continued doing so. Not one psychic could ever give her proof, in the form of two simple words Houndini told her: Rosalina, believe.

I like the Fennekin line as well, since I love that mage theme going for it. Braixen is my fave member of the line (though that was mainly due to Serena's Braixen in the anime) but Delphox is really awesome as well with that unique typing that was otherwise only present on a special form (Zen Mode Darmanitan) and a mythical (Victini). Shame it and Chesnaught don't get as much love as Greninja does.

Years
Figure I might as well clear through all of these topics since I already replied to the Gen 1 and Gen 7 ones.

My favourite Gen 6 'mon is Xerneas. Deer-like creatures are always cute irl, but I feel like they hadn't translated well to pokémon until this came along. Its multicolour antlers and colour scheme prevent it from being a boring entry to the series like Sawsbuck or Stantler.

Other favourites from Gen 6 include Sylveon, Amaura, Aurorus, Delphox, Goodra, Furfrou, Pyroar, Talonflame and finally Meowstic.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Mine is a tie between Greninja and Delphox. I love them both, and I can't really decide who I love more. I love foxes, and I love the idea they had for Delphox as well. I also love Greninja and it's Ninja them as well. It was so cool. <3 I also really adore Talonflame and Florges. I didn't care much for Florges at first, but I started to really warm up to it.

Back