• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OU] Oklahoma Swag Team

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
386-speed.png
534.png
373.png
485.png
319.png
563.png

"I don't always win, but when I do, I do it with swag."

Ladies and gentlemen (but mostly the ladies), I am here today to present to you the culmination of my research, playtesting, and swag. What this team represents transcends the mere conventions of battling. Swag is an art. Swag is a style. Swag requires more than just winning; it requires winning without relent, without fear, without mercy.

This team aims to reach the highest echelon of swagdom. As I stated earlier, it doesn't always win. That is why I'm posting here. Duh.

386-speed.png

Deoxys-Swag (Deoxys-S) @ Life Orb
Pressure
48 Atk / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Rash (+SpA, -SpD)
- Stealth Rock Knock Off
- Psycho Boost
- Thunder
- Superpower

One of the greatest leads from DPPt makes a return. Nothing significant was added to its moveset, but that doesn't matter, it still kicks ass. The addition of weather to the OU metagame makes Politoed and Tyranitar so much more common, so I knew what I wanted to accomplish with this set. Life Orb has always brought great joy to me, so I decided to just slap it onto an offensive Deoxys-S and see where it takes me. So far it has not disappointed.

I replaced Stealth Rock with Knock Off for its sheer usefulness. I never really got the chance to set up Stealth Rock consistently with this guy because I was too busy attacking everything, so I shifted that job over to Jirachi. Now Deoxys-S can function as my revenge sweeper, although it still works wonders as a lead. Obviously it can't be both, but if the opponent's team looks pretty frail (Salamence/Tyranitar/Politoed/Gliscor/Rotom-W/Cloud trio/Ninetales are common targets), I'll use this thing right away. Quickly getting rid of Choice Specs on Latios, Leftovers on Blissey/Vaporeon/Reuniclus, etc. is a massive boon.

Psycho Boost is for the quick kill on Gliscor, the Kami trio, Salamence, Donphan, anything that isn't properly invested in defenses. It can even OHKO a Rotom-W carrying under 100 HP EVs, and 448 Speed EVs gives it 1 point more than Scarf Rotom-W. Superpower is pretty much exclusively for Tyranitar , which switches in against this far too often for reasons which I cannot comprehend. So it's a pretty useful move. Unfortunately it's too weak to even 2HKO Chansey, but I have a fine counter to that anyway. Last is Thunder, which is for Politoed leads. It doesn't take care of them all like I thought it would, but non-specially defensive ones are still cleanly OHKO'd.

534.png

Conkelswag (Conkeldurr) (F) @ Leftovers
Guts
120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Payback

This guy takes status like a boss. Blissey, Gyarados, and Tyranitar are my best switch-ins, and I also enjoy taking advantage of a Tentacruel setting up Toxic Spikes. After one layer is down, I'll just switch this thing in to earn the Guts boost and avoid bad poisoning. After 1 Bulk Up and a status infliction, I'm at over 800 Attack. That's enough to 2HKO pretty much anything that doesn't resist Drain Punch. And I'll be healing myself all the while. Skarmory and Gliscor are not really problematic at all. Drain Punch on Skarmory, set up on Gliscor until I have 3 Attack boosts, then 2HKO with Payback. They can't do anything back to me. Latios, Celebi, and Reuniclus with Psyshock over Psychic aren't threats either.

373.png

Swagamence (Salamence) (F) @ Expert Belt
Intimidate
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast

My main offensive threat and probably my most consistent member. EVs are straightforward, and it's used exactly as a Specsmence would be used. Except it doesn't have Specs, and the opponent will often get faked by the lack of either Leftovers recovery or Life Orb damage. This guy can switch into a lot of common things and scare them away. After I use Hydro Pump against a Gliscor or whatever and I don't take Life Orb damage, my opponent thinks I have a Specs and will switch to a Grass or Dragon or something and I can make the proper move. Hydro Pump takes advantage of the common Rain Dance teams and seems to be a solid backup move to save from Draco Meteor's hindering side effect. If rain is not a factor, Fire Blast easily handles all the typical steels and Tangrowth, which can be a major prick to this team. Earthquake is mainly filler but it's more reliable than Hydro Pump and Fire Blast for taking out Heatran and Magnezone, respectively.

485.png

Swagtran (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

This guy is here mainly for his resistances to Fire, Grass, and most importantly, Toxic. Aside from throwing around Toxic and absorbing attacks, his purpose is limited, though. Once I get this guy in, I'll just spam Toxic and get out unless I've already got all the defensive threats under control. Then this thing just becomes a suicide mission. I've run a few different variants of the thing and they don't seem to have significantly different results. I'll end up with one or two poisoned foes and this thing is done. Earth Power, Dragon Pulse, Roar, Substitute, Protect, whatever, they all didn't see much use so I decided to stick with offense, "just in case." I'm probably going to switch this out eventually, maybe Bronzong or Jirachi or something.

319.png

Swagpedo (Sharpedo) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe 148 Atk / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Rash (+SpA, -SpD)
- Protect
- Aqua Jet Hydro Pump
- Waterfall Hidden Power [Fire]
- Crunch

Secondary offensive threat and is usually saved for lategame. Once the field is clear from bulky waters and Ferrothorn, this thing doesn't have much to worry about. Its EVs allow maximum damage and great speed potential. There's not much this guy can't handle. Reuniclus and Jellicent are easily OHKO'd. After two Speed Boosts, Excadrill is no longer a problem (or 1 if I get rid of Sand Throw). I don't even know what else to say about this. It's just beautiful.

563.png

Coswagrigus (Cofagrigus) (F) @ Leftovers
Mummy
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground] Hidden Power [Fighting] Rest

Swag. That's all there is to it. Mummy on Scizor, Mummy on Conkeldurr, Mummy on Gyarados, Mummy on Jirachi, Mummy on everything. This ability is so underappreciated. The only problem is when it backfires on my physical attackers, but it's not even that big of a deal since Guts is situational and at least one Speed Boost is already guaranteed through Protect. And that's a pretty light trade-off for being able to completely nullify Jirachi and Scrafty, two very dangerous threats to my team (or any team, really).

Will-O-Wisp is pretty obvious. If Mummy isn't enough to cripple the enemy, I'll burn it too. Just to see how it feels. Haze shuts down those Baton Pass teams and random Curse Pokemon. Shadow Ball isn't very powerful but there isn't much I can do other than that. Hidden Power [Fighting] is for perfect coverage along with Shadow Ball.

Testing:

385.png

Swagrachi (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
252 HP / 4 Atk / 100 Def / 152 SpD
Impish (+Def, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Wish

This guy replaces Heatran. The resistances are still there, Toxic is still there, but now it can put hazards down and provide Wish support. Iron Head as my only attack is fine because I have Conkeldurr for every other Steel-type that thinks about walling Jirachi. This is a great way to lure in set-up bait, actually. The only Steel-type not handled by Conkeldurr is Jirachi, and that is shut down by Cofagrigus. Dragonite can rip it apart if it has a chance to set up, too. Which brings me to my next testing subject...

149.png

Swagonite (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Roost

Just seeing how this works over Salamence. Scizor and Gliscor are a bit more problematic now, but they are both handled by Conkeldurr and Cofagrigus as well. And Sharpedo. EVs are pretty basic. I went with 252 HP / 152 Atk / 56 Def / 48 SpD for a few matches before I realized I didn't have enough speed or attacking power. I feel that Dragonite benefits more from being able to go all-out, and Roost gives Multiscale plenty of use. Lum Berry can protect me from status, or from Outrage's confusion if the opponent doesn't try burning or paralyzing me. All in all, a solid Pokemon that might replace Salamence. Or maybe not. The name is a nice bonus, though.

Threat List:
none lol

Main problem Pokemon are Toxicroak in Rain, DD Scraggy, Ferrothorn, Mienshao, Machamp, Chansey, DD Salamence, and Gastrodon. I have pretty much nothing on these guys. Cofagrigus can't take beatings all day without recovery.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Conkeldurr is usually seen as Adamant.

Since you're using a defensive Heatran set, I don't see the point of using Timid. You can use Calm and 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef to take advantage of Heatran's defensive capabilities.

I dont see the point of using Aqua Jet on Speed Boost Sharpedo. IMO, pure physical Sharpedo won't be very effective because you're walled by Ferrothorn. You can use Hidden Power (Fire) instead of Aqua Jet, use Hydro Pump or Surf instead of Waterfall, change the nature to Rash. and move some EVs from Speed and HP into Special Attack.

Cofagrigus is best with Hidden Power (Fighting) for unresisted coverage with Shadow Ball.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Conkeldurr is usually seen as Adamant.

Since you're using a defensive Heatran set, I don't see the point of using Timid. You can use Calm and 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef to take advantage of Heatran's defensive capabilities.

I dont see the point of using Aqua Jet on Speed Boost Sharpedo. IMO, pure physical Sharpedo won't be very effective because you're walled by Ferrothorn. You can use Hidden Power (Fire) instead of Aqua Jet, use Hydro Pump or Surf instead of Waterfall, change the nature to Rash. and move some EVs from Speed and HP into Special Attack.

Cofagrigus is best with Hidden Power (Fighting) for unresisted coverage with Shadow Ball.

^I would like to second this.

Also, maybe try Air Balloon on Heatran if you feel like she's not doing so well. I have it on mine and it's been truly invaluable at times. I mean, it's useless after it pops, but I'm guaranteed to take down at least one of their Pokemon along with it. So it might help keep Heatran on the field a little longer. Investing 252 into HP will help too.

I think (maybe not as a replacement for Heatran, but just mentioning) Jirachi might do this team a lot of good. With Wish support Cofagrigus (and everyone, really) can have some recovery.

Anyway, Cofagrigus can do Chesto Berry+Rest maybe? I don't know about that so much but it can be done. You really should try Hidden Power [Fighting] > HP [Ground] too. As stated, Shadow Ball and HP [Fighting] give near perfect neutral coverage, but it can also help a little against Scrafty.

Good luck to you!

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
I've done all the suggestions here. Never noticed Conkeldurr was Hardy. That helps a lot :o Sharpedo's taking a bit to calibrate with, though. I'll see how it goes but I'm 50/50 on keeping it this way right now.

Yeah, the problem with Heatran is that rain teams are so common that it's pretty much dead weight on my team half the time. I'm going to playtest a Wish Jirachi whenever I get back on.

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
If you're using Hp Fire and Hydro Pump on Sharpedo then it wants Rash > Adamant.

Also; Conkeldurr is best with a Brave Nature since you're using Payback. It will seriously pay off. :] And I'm gonna suggest Life Orb > Expert Belt on Salamence so it can do a load of damage against Pokemon its moves do neutral damage to. Instead of just SE moves.

Last edited:

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
I've made some adjustments to the team. For now, Dragonite is replacing Salamence and Jirachi is replacing Heatran. It's working very well.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
For Sharpedo, it needs less EVs in Speed (since Speed Boost will take care of it) and more EVs in offenses; use this EV spread: 148 Atk/252 SAtk/108 Spe. That way, you can hit harder with your Special Attacks.

Years
Hey Black Ice.

Psycho Boost is for the quick kill on Gliscor, the Kami trio, Salamence, Donphan, anything that isn't properly invested in defenses
You may want to go with Ice Beam over Psycho Boost, since it hits every mon you mentioned in that sentence, super effectively.

Dragonite over Salamence, it works a lot better and the spread you have on there is great.

Sharpedo should probably be all physical, even though HP Fire is a HUGE wild card. Agamemmnon peaked at #1 with this and I've tested it some, Adamant Sharpedo is a beast.

(Sharpedo) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Jet
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Finally, Cofagrigus might want rest over HP Fighting for some Recovery.

Black Ice

[XV]
Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2023
I've adjusted the EVs on Sharpedo. I actually had Rest over HP Fighting too, I guess I just forgot to update that. I'm using it with Leftovers over Chesto Berry, though. It's pretty nice for baiting in set-up Pokemon which then get Hazed and Will-O-Wisped.

Sharpedo might stay mixed, I'm not sure on that. I'm still alternating between them every few games and the difference is in favour of the mixed set.

Psycho Boost is also for Rotom-W (and does more than SE Ice Beam anyway), which is probably the biggest threat to this team. Deoxys-S won't last long enough to make great use of Ice Beam and the immediate and consistent power of Psycho Boost is quite valuable.

I guess I should mention I don't have any (useful) Water resistances, which means Politoed, Kingdra, and Rotom-W could potentially walk all over me. Celebi, Virizion, and Tangrowth are some things I've considered, but I'm not sure how to integrate them with the rest of this team.

Oh yeah, and Knock Off against Chansey and Dusclops is the new greatest feelings ever.

Last edited:
Back