• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

help guys new fic on forums

yuki3056

Grass Types own
Years
So if you haven't already seen my fic on the forum I just started one and I am a fairly inexperienced writer when it comes to the subgenre? of FanFiction I attempted a Runescape one at one point in time and multiple starts to the one you see on the forums now. I was just wondering what is a good type of writing exercise I can perform for getting better. I tried a bit of one in Chapter 2 with a shifting viewpoint deal. So what could I do to improve my fanfiction writing any and all tips appreciated!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Keep writing?

That's one thing you can do. There's also reading anything you can get your hands on. Read published books, articles, fanfics... For me, a lot of the improvements that I made in my writing came not only from seeing what my favorite published authors did, but also what people talk about when it comes to fanfics. All I did for a few years was read discussions on forums in the fanfiction sections.

Really, yuki, you're doing a good job already when it comes to wanting to improve your writing. You're posting it to the public, willing to listen to advice. So long as you understand that any advice about your story is from people willing to help you, then you'll be fine. If you wanted to, you could post your story on other forums to get a wider variety of feedback.

I'll see if I can review your fic tomorrow.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
Years
Thank you for the advice Astinus I know I have a long ways to go and I have always really liked the atmosphere of this site so I figured you guys were the place to start. I went ahead and posted my fic on the Fanfiction site you know the like official? one and I am hoping to get some reviews there too. Thank you again for the advice I am actually in the middle of a Yu Gi Oh fanfic atm and it turns out it is awfully similar to some of my ideas like of the future of a certain story world. However, that one focuses a lot on who the people are and not the bigger picture like I hope to do with mine.

Back