• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Makin' a region

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2018
I'm not exactly the biggest fan, but I do love Pokemon! For ages I've wanted to make a region, but I get bored making it alone. Getting ideas from others and working with them to great something awesome is what it's all about!

I would like to make it into a game one day, but I seriously think that that's for the far future (I have no skills in coding at all). For now, I just want it to be a fun project. Anyone with me?

I think that it could be a group of regions together (like the UK). Having a bunch of mini regions would be cool, and also I think that it would be different to Alola. Not sure on the name of the whole group, though :(

I also think that it would be cool to include official Pokemon, Fakemon and also Deltas. A starter idea: Psychich and Fire type Bulbasaur (this delta could look soooooo good!)

Please let me know what you think and if you want to join me in this!

Mr. Showdown

Pokémon professor of the Showdin region
Years
i want to help you with the region progect. I have my own in theroy only show based region

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
This sounds like a really cool idea. Even if you can't create your own game you should just record all your ideas in a document while brainstorming and then write your own fan fiction with characters traveling through your region.

I actually have done something similar (despite not really sharing it much), I've been brainstorming a pokemon game for a few years now and have mapped out a region and also have a halfway filled fakemon pokedex (in written form only, I've sprited maybe ten of them). I've also written out a plot for it alongside of having a collection of important characters.

I would be more than happy to throw some ideas your way, and I really do encourage you to write it out as your own story, maybe you can get an interesting series going on the writing sub-forum of this site.

Mr. Showdown

Years
This sounds like a really cool idea. Even if you can't create your own game you should just record all your ideas in a document while brainstorming and then write your own fan fiction with characters traveling through your region.

I actually have done something similar (despite not really sharing it much), I've been brainstorming a pokemon game for a few years now and have mapped out a region and also have a halfway filled fakemon pokedex (in written form only, I've sprited maybe ten of them). I've also written out a plot for it alongside of having a collection of important characters.

I would be more than happy to throw some ideas your way, and I really do encourage you to write it out as your own story, maybe you can get an interesting series going on the writing sub-forum of this site.

Cool. I will shoot you the basics of The Showdin region. I need new Pokémon for it so, maybe you can send me your pokedex and I can use it

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
Cool. I will shoot you the basics of The Showdin region. I need new Pokémon for it so, maybe you can send me your pokedex and I can use it

Sounds cool, keep your thread updated with new info and I'll post some ideas in it here and there. Is your region based on a specific area in the real world or are you creating a fresh region? Do you have a particular plot in mind that you want to follow, if not it's not a huge deal, because you can brainstorm it along the way.

Mr. Showdown

Years
Sounds cool, keep your thread updated with new info and I'll post some ideas in it here and there. Is your region based on a specific area in the real world or are you creating a fresh region? Do you have a particular plot in mind that you want to follow, if not it's not a huge deal, because you can brainstorm it along the way.

i watch tv so my region will be based on the show universe in total, i might throw in other game references

i will make a new thread because makin a region is not mine

i will name it "showdin"

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2018
I've been moving house recently, and I'm still not finished :/ I've made more ideas, though, and when I can, I'll share them. Thanks Mister Coffee and Mr.Showdown, I appreciate the help!

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Wouldn't it be better to check out the game-dev sections though?
There's Pokemon Essentials, a kit for RPG Maker XP that let's you make your own game without any coding knowledge.

And even if you only wanted to make just a region, you can use the program to just make the maps~

Back