• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Legends (working title)

Which region would you rather see in Pokemon Legends?

• Hoenn

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Progress is good friend. :) Those screenshots are pretty neat, and...well...what more can I say, but don't give up, and keep hacking! ;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well scompi, I finally dedicated some time to play your hack, and I say, it's pretty well done (I struggled many times, but I guess because I'm not as good player as I thought... XD). I like the good organization of the mapping, and the effort you did to put a script here and there, and use the existing scripts to your advantage.

Now, onto a few mistakes, besides the one Goku mentioned, I found a floating rock in Cianwood (along with a kid's sprite walking on the water). So, I guess you should change their attribute to "Hidden"
Also, there's a rocket girl that has her pre-battle text messed-up (So I had to wait for a while till she stopped saying weird characters and decided to battle me). Check out her text, because it's getting overwritten.
A thing to be careful is grammar, I may be too serious, but you should check out what you're writing, since, for example, Giovanni's text has some grammar problems (I guess you're using a lot of english "expressions", I'm not happy to see them, but once again, perhaps I'm too serious... XD)

Still, scompi, this is a good hack, I hope to see more good things from this in the future!

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2012
umm how do i get through them 2 children because when i try talk to them it glitches and if i go into the cave it glitches again so i dont know what to do ?

Scompi

Hey everyone! I took a little break from hacking to get some idea's and to see some examples. Since then I have made some progress and fully mapped Olivine City(I'll have some screens up soon). But here is what i have so far:

After defeating Giovanni, you talk to Oak and he will give you a Master Ball. When you leave you will be at Route 40(west of Olivine). Travel east to Olivine City where it has been struck by a tsunami or typhoon(whichever you prefer), 1 year ago. The North exit is blocked by boulders. The Lighthouse and Port have been the most damaged, where the port is closed and the Lighthouse is torn up, but still up. You have to travel up the Lighthouse, where a little girl has been trapped after going where she shouldn't be going and you save her. Return her to her father and recieve HM04-Strength. Then you can leave through the north, but you need the Olvine City badge to use Strength. So beat the gym and travel north to Route 39...

Some screens:

screen20.png
screen19.png
screen18.png
screen17.png

screen16.png
screen15.png
screen14.png

screen13.png
screen12.png
screen11.png

Here's an updated list of Towns/Routes/Caves:

Towns
Sunset Peninsula: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Briarsedge Town: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Cyan City: 95% Last Update: Before v1.1
Cianwood City: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Olivine City: 75% Last Update: 02/02/07

Routes
Route 1: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Route 3: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Route 4: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Briar Woods: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Johto Valley: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Route 40: 100% Last Update: 02/01/07
-Added Trainer Tower/Battle Tower
Route 39: 0% Last Update: Never

Caves
Mt.Sedge: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Underwater Caves: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1

Other
Lighthouse: 40% Last Update: 02/02/07

So what do you think?

EDIT: Added screens above.

Last edited:
Years
I like those percentages. Maybe next time you could post some screenshots. But it is good to see you are still working on the hack.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
You're back with the screens. Ooh, the lighthouse is dangerous: this will be interesting! :D Well, nice little plot you got there. Keep it up bud, and don't give up! ;)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I'm up for the idea of Olivine's wreck! I'm wondering who is the Leader of Olivine (is old Jasmine still there?)
If you say the tower is "dangerous" could that mean that pokemon have invaded it?

I like the screenies, scompi. You do have nice ideas, and you seem to becoming better at scripting, how cool! G'Luck!

Scompi

Olivine Gym leader is still going to be Jasmine, as for the tower being 'dangerous', yes strong water, flying and ice pokemon have invaded it. Thanks guys for your positive feedback!

I finished mapping the Lighthouse and finished adding wild pokemon in it. Right before you rescue the little girl you will find a new key item called "Eye Glasses". But you have to return them to the little girls father. The description of the item reads, "A pair of prescription glasses lost by someone. Who loses a pair of glasses anyway?". I added that last part just for fun. Once you rescue the girl you automatically teleport to her house and she gives you the pokeflute. Go talk to her dad, and he will thank you for saving his daughter, then finds out you have his eye glasses, and repays you with HM04, now you can leave Olivine. But you need the Olivine badge first before you can use it.

I started mapping a new weather institute in Cyan City. You will obtain cut there, rather than getting it from the fisherman in the house at the top of the city.

Feel free to visit my Photobucket album, to view the latest screens.

Also visit my Website, for extended map progress and the latest news.

Thanks, Scompi.

Last edited:

foofatron

Banned
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Sep 2, 2007
Great idea for the town.Is there going to be a volcano eruption in a town?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, take all the time you need, we can wait, right?

Uhmm... I don't remember how far would you go into Johto (probably we'll reach Ecruteak, and after that?) Cause it would be nice having to switch between Johto and your region from time to time.

Keep up the good work, and master the scripting! :D

Scompi

Zel: As a matter of fact, I was thinking of making JOHTO end at Ecruteak. Then when you can go any further, maybe travel to KANTO, my region or even HOENN. But as of now, I am still planning and of course it would have to fit into the story. Actually I have some pretty decent ideas, but none are official yet.

Okay! Finally, an update! If you are wondering why I haven't updated in a while, well my rom crashed and I had to start from before v1.1, that means re-map Route 40 and Olivine City, not to mention the Lighthouse... But I caught up and I have a minor update.

Here is a list of changes so far:

Mt.Sedge
[-] Removed 1st room when enter.
[+] Added new entrance.

Cyan City
[-] Removed Hidden House where you obtain HM01-Cut

Weather Institute

[+] Added Weather Institute(1F and 2F)
[+] Added Obtain Cut event on 2F

Olivine City
[+] Added Olivine Gym
[+] Added Lighthouse(1F,2F,3F,4F,5F)

Lighthouse
[+] Added Wild Pokemon
[+] Added Events
[+] Added Trainer Battles

Some Screens:
Photobucket Account

Please give feedback.

Thanks, Scompi.

Okay....0 replies....Well anyways:

Hey everyone! I have a couple of updates. I have gotten better at Rubikon Scripting and made a couple of my own events and added them into the game.

Update #1 - I changed the Professor Oak event in the Underwater Caves(connects Cianwood to Route 40). Instead of him giving you a Masterball, he gives you a National Dex. Since you are entering Johto now.

Update #2 - I added the Olivine Gym Battle. Jasmine is the Gym Leader, her Pokemon are as follows:

Lv.22 Magnemite, Lv.22 Magnemit, Lv.26 Steelix. I might change them up since they are kind of the same as they were in G/S/C.

Update #3 - I mapped Route 38 and Route 39. All I need to do now is add in the Trainer Battles, Wild Pokemon and Warps, which should be relatively easy.

And an updated list of Towns/Routes/Caves:

Towns
Sunset Peninsula: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Briarsedge Town: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Cyan City: 100% Last Update: March 5, 2007
-Added Weather Institute
Cianwood City: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Olivine City: 95% Last Update: March 6, 2007
-Added Gym Battle
-Need to add Wild Pokemon
Ecruteak City: 0% Last Update: Never

Routes
Route 1: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Route 3: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Route 4: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Briar Woods: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Johto Valley: 100% Last Update: Before v1.1
Route 40: 100% Last Update: February 1, 2007
Route 39: 80% Last Update: March 5, 2007
-Need to add Trainers
Route 38: 65% Last Update: March 5, 2007
-Need to add Trainers

Caves
Mt.Sedge: 100% Last Update: March 1, 2007
-Removed 1st floor
Underwater Caves: 100% Last Update: March 5, 2007
-Changed Prof. Oak event

Other
Lighthouse: 100% Last Update: February 28, 2007
-Added Wild Pokemon

Thanks, Scompi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
scompi, even if no one replies within a few days, it is still not allowed to double post.
Either edit your older post to add new information, or delete your older one and post a new one to bump your thread.

Years
I knew that would happen. =/

Anyway, Scompi, I like those percentages, they make me feel as if this hack will be finished, unlike many others. I personally think you should change Jasmine's team if your going to use her again, because it would be pretty redundant, using the same gym leader and the same Pokémon.

But, in any case, I wish you luck.

Scompi

scompi, even if no one replies within a few days, it is still not allowed to double post.
Either edit your older post to add new information, or delete your older one and post a new one to bump your thread.

Sorry about that, Scizz.

I knew that would happen. =/

Anyway, Scompi, I like those percentages, they make me feel as if this hack will be finished, unlike many others. I personally think you should change Jasmine's team if your going to use her again, because it would be pretty redundant, using the same gym leader and the same Pokémon.

But, in any case, I wish you luck.

Thanks for being honest. I know, I should change them. Do you or anyone else have any suggestions for Jasmines Pokemon? Because that would be great.

I have been experimenting with ideas and I decided that a character from Hoenn(I'm not saying who), will be making an appearance in Pokemon Legends, specifically Ecruteak City in the Burned down tower.

Thanks, Scompi.

Years
Well, for Jasmine's Pokémon, they should consist of steel type (obviously). So, perhaps a Magnemite, a Steelix, and a Mawille (just because it's rare).

Well, that's my opinion, if it were one of the last gyms, then a magneton, steelix, Mawille, and a stronger steelix.

Good luck Scompi!

Scompi

Well, for Jasmine's Pokémon, they should consist of steel type (obviously). So, perhaps a Magnemite, a Steelix, and a Mawille (just because it's rare).

Well, that's my opinion, if it were one of the last gyms, then a magneton, steelix, Mawille, and a stronger steelix.

Good luck Scompi!

Well I want to keep them KANTO/JOHTO pokemon. Here is a list of possibilities.
And they must range from Lv.22 to Lv.28:

-Magnemite[STEEL][ELECTRIC]
-Magneton[STEEL][ELECTRIC]
-Forretress[STEEL][BUG]
-Scizor[STEEL][BUG]
-Steelix[STEEL][GROUND]
-Skarmory[STEEL][FLYING]

Thanks, Scompi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back