• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]A New Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Or perhaps the ice will begin to dissolve as Kyurem senses it's hero getting closer, allowing it to battle, then the whole barrier will break into pieces.

There could be gate in ice barrier, something like that gate in movie trailer. It would be the only way to get to Kyurem. I think the gate would be leading to League or to Giant Chasm. In one of those places player would encounter Kyurem.

LordSalamence

The Elite trainer
Years
Abyssal ruins and Dragonspiral tower

What's become of Abyssal ruins? It's hiding something, I'm sure of it.
And the Dragonspiral tower is reshiram/zekrom still there.Hope we're gonna see the hoenn legends cause its related somehow.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I'm surprised no one has said anything about this theory yet after seeing the animation trailer.

While the male protagonist is running and trying to catch the Shadow Triad you can see that he is running on frozen areas of Unova. So it looks like part of the region will be covered in ice, but we'll still be able to reach those areas.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm surprised no one has said anything about this theory yet after seeing the animation trailer.

While the male protagonist is running and trying to catch the Shadow Triad you can see that he is running on frozen areas of Unova. So it looks like part of the region will be covered in ice, but we'll still be able to reach those areas.

I saw that! This pretty much confirms it for me. Whether or not it's true, I can still dream. ;;
But this is an exciting development. <3

blue

gucci
Years
I'd assume that there are a couple of new Cities & Town beneath the ice which will be interesting to see as they are revealed, also I think after getting the second badge from the town we reach Driftveil city as they all seem to be relatively close to eachother which will then lead you to Castelia.. just my theory.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Wasn't that part of the fight on the ship that Samurott froze?

I was assuming it was a hill or mountain of some sort, given the area they were all traveling on. But I thought it has been confirmed that parts of the region have indeed been frozen over. o3o

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I was assuming it was a hill or mountain of some sort, given the area they were all traveling on. But I thought it has been confirmed that parts of the region have indeed been frozen over. o3o

Besides the fake ice, the mountain range that makes up Mistralon Cave and Chargestone Cave are a different color, that could have been where this was taken place since those are the only "frozen" areas so far.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I do think the region is frozen, as Samurrott would've frozen the boat in the trailer not the city. If so then I'm glad to see the icyness, it looks like an ice kingdom ^_^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Besides the fake ice, the mountain range that makes up Mistralon Cave and Chargestone Cave are a different color, that could have been where this was taken place since those are the only "frozen" areas so far.

There's also the fact that there's a harbor nearby and idk if they'd skip that much in the trailer since it all seems to be close range, while on the actual map a harbor isn't that far away. :( soo yeah possibly.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
In the video it is a city for sure,but as I look in the game,I can't tell what city it is. The whole city,buildings/trees all of it has a thin layer of ice on them. With the trees not being dead. I think the area may have been frozen solid and we will be able to unfreeze it after the storyline.

The closest city I can match it with is Straiton City or Accumula Town

Last edited:

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
Judging from the fact that the protagonists looks like they're wearing Summer clothes... and that the frozen world doesn't seem to be part of the map, I think the Ice is just to cover the spoilers

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
My question is why is half of Unova frozen? I don't mind at all, because I personally love Ice, but could this be the doing of Team Vanillite? Does this explain why there are Pokemon from other regions in Unova? I don't know, but I'm excited!!!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
In the video it is a city for sure,but as I look in the game,I can't tell what city it is. The whole city,buildings/trees all of it has a thin layer of ice on them. With the trees not being dead. I think the area may have been frozen solid and we will be able to unfreeze it after the storyline.

The closest city I can match it with is Straiton City or Accumula Town
Hmm, I dunno. Maybe we'll still be able to walk in the frozen areas, and only a few parts will be solid frozen and blocked. The male protagonist as seen in the trailer, is running in the areas (isn't he afraid of slipping?!) so it may be possible.
My question is why is half of Unova frozen? I don't mind at all, because I personally love Ice, but could this be the doing of Team Vanillite? Does this explain why there are Pokemon from other regions in Unova? I don't know, but I'm excited!!!
I'm pretty sure it might have to do with the evil team organization and Black/White Kyurem.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't think we'll be able to walk over many frozen areas at all tbh. They've gotta seem off-limits so we don't rush straight over there. Maybe you need certain footwear or something for it? Though idk B/W didn't have that, so...

Or maybe they've gotten safer in the last 2 years.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ It could be like the googles in Emerald's desert.
I kind of hope that we can slide on it though, it'll be nice puzzle to solve, BW sort of lacked the puzzles that Pt had...

Porynoir

Cool like that...
Years
New Areas Speculation

New areas have already been revealed, like the what'sit'sname's town Hilda and the other guy live in. Akuroma has been revealed so I'm assuming he has a lab. But what other areas BW2 have to offer?

I thought it would be nice if there was a lab somewhere with um... sciency pokemon, maybe appearing like in a cave. Pokemon like Solosis or Duosion. Maybe even Porygon. There would be stuff like potions and magmarizers/electrizers, maybe even a Up-grade or Dubious Disk. Maybe they are saving the Dubious Disk in P2 Lab. I have no idea how this would fit in the story. Who knows? Maybe even a P3 Lab. But like I said before, who knows what new areas BW2 have to offer? (whew)

Discuss.​

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
New areas have already been revealed, like the what'sit'sname's town Hilda and the other guy live in. Akuroma has been revealed so I'm assuming he has a lab. But what other areas BW2 have to offer?

I thought it would be nice if there was a lab somewhere with um... sciency pokemon, maybe appearing like in a cave. Pokemon like Solosis or Duosion. Maybe even Porygon. There would be stuff like potions and magmarizers/electrizers, maybe even a Up-grade or Dubious Disk. Maybe they are saving the Dubious Disk in P2 Lab. I have no idea how this would fit in the story. Who knows? Maybe even a P3 Lab. But like I said before, who knows what new areas BW2 have to offer? (whew)

Discuss.​

Moved to this thread to discuss "New" locations.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
A new 15 second trailer is on the official website, and it shows some sort of airship.
b2w22.png

Where is that area? Opelucid?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back