• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New way to choose styles.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Oh wow I really like this more than the old one. The larger image really make it easier and give you a better idea of what the style looks like. The only thing I noticed that not all the style have a description when you roll your mouse over. If they're all suppose to, then you should fix that.
Other than that I noticed no other problems. I like the idea of having categories and a color picker cause then people can choose a style that fits their own personal style or interest.

Years
I love the new style selector. This update was needed and now with even more personal touch to it.

And the larger images give us a better impression of what it will look nice.

Great job Audy!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
it looks really nice! Now it is very easy to select a style!! :P :P
wow! There are soo many styles! i have used only a few.
the category and color picker is also nice

Good job guys!! :D :D :D :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Yeah... the descriptions are left over from the old style selector, and we never finished giving them all descriptions. :P I'll work on that another night.

Same with the creator names. They all say "PokeCommunity" by default, and I only did a page or two of adding in the right names. A lot of styles still need to be updated for that.

Ah ok.Then I really don't see any bugs or problems. Once again, a really nice job.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Love the new style selector, especially the 'featured styles' box. One thing which could be good is if each style had usage statistics next to it? So if you see a lot of people are using x theme then you know it's worth trying out, plus it'd be interesting to see. :3

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
Holy crap, nice job with this, guys. o_o it looks really nice...

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
I love the new Style Selector. It's so useful & handy for me, a constant style changer & it evens show you previews of how the style would look like if you used it. Great job, hoping for more new releases >^3^'>

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
In case you need the credits for some of them...

Chromatic was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
Dawn of Champions was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
Style'd! was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
PokeBok was created by Requility.
Simple was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
Nimbasa's Shining Beauty was created by Morkula and Abnegation.
Stunfisk'd was created by Kipp and Requility.
New Directions was created by Patchisou Yutohru.
The Top Dog was created by Requility.
Snivy's Holiday was created by Abnegation.
The Stand Nexus was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
PokéCommunity Black Version was created by Rukario.
Flames of Simplicity was created by Abnegation.
Generation InVerse was created by Forgotten Memory.
Unova's Violet Masquerade was created by Requility.
slooooowpooooke was created by Lightning.
The Johto Elite was created by Hiroshi Sotomura and Signomi.
Dimensional Rift was created by Gerri Shin.
Begin, Again was created by Forgotten Memory.
Time and Space was created by parallelzero.
Generation2 was created by Forgotten Memory.
Sweet Kisses was created by Matthew.
Route 167 was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
The Pokéthletes was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Pichu2 was created by Matthew
Sinnoh Springs was created by Forgotten Memory.
The Golden Girl was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Final Resistance was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Pawlicious was created by Color Me Evil and Forgotten Memory (but he went by Danja when he made it.)
Ampharos' Starry Night was created by Forgotten Memory.
Bewitched was created by Hiroshi Sotomura and Signomi.
Seeds of Platinum was created by Hiroshi Sotomura.
Unseen Forces was created by Matthew.
Azure Fantasy was created by Matthew.
<don't know anything before that>

"Click on the name of the style to switch to it." in the description. Clicking on the style name doesn't switch it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Really impressed with the new style switcher. The larger images gives me an in-depth look at the styles before I decide to switch to one. Great job, guys!

Also, I wanted to point this out: I wanted to try out the Style'd style, but I keep getting redirected to the default style (Nimbasa's Shining Beauty). I remember using this style as a mod back then so I assume the style is exclusively for staff+?

Years
This is great! Now I won't be clicking through each style to get an idea of what it looks like XD; As someone who likes to change styles every so often, I really appreciate this change. n_n

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Is there any way to permanently close the 'featured styles' box at the bottom of the forum index? I keep closing it every time I traverse through the main page, but every time I come back it pops open again! It's only a little thing, admittedly...

The aesthetic design of the new Style Selector is really nice, though.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Definitely an improvement! Thank you! Good job! But, it doesn't matter that much to me because I am using the "sloooooowpoke" style forever! XD

bobandbill

one more time
Years
^ Yeah, I had the same deal as well, and across different browsers as well. It's a neat feature but one I'd rather keep closed/minimised for the times I am content with the current style.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
I just wanted to point out that whenever I click on that link, it shows up as a page with a header and no styles to choose from.... :/

Here's a sample image...
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
If it so is, why can he see it? That's kinda mean imo
The same reason it shows Style'd, even though that's only a staff style. I guess it shows all the styles that aren't active (meaning restricted to only admins with the core code of vBulletin).

Back