• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikuthemaster

Professional Douchebag
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
I have 2 questions. Both with Fire Red Hacking

1. How do I transfer Events Between Cities? For example, how would I transfer the warp event of Saffron City's Gym (When you go into the door) to Pallet Town?

2. With unLZ-GBA, I attempt to replace Trainer's Sprites. For example, I insert Prof Oak's Sprite to the Champion's Sprite. But when I write it to the rom, I get an error saying "Compressed Size is: 36C. Which Is too Big. Aborting." How do I fix this error?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have 2 questions. Both with Fire Red Hacking

1. How do I transfer Events Between Cities? For example, how would I transfer the warp event of Saffron City's Gym (When you go into the door) to Pallet Town?

2. With unLZ-GBA, I attempt to replace Trainer's Sprites. For example, I insert Prof Oak's Sprite to the Champion's Sprite. But when I write it to the rom, I get an error saying "Compressed Size is: 36C. Which Is too Big. Aborting." How do I fix this error?

fix the warps.., I guess... :\

it means that the new image is too big, and so, either you have to repoint, or shrink your prof. sprite.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
Years
Lord_Sesshoumaru - there's a tut on that in the docs & tuts section.

Rikuthemaster - 1. A-map tut for beginners in the docs & tuts section
2. Find free space, enter that as your image offset, and check automatically fix pointers.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
2. Find free space, enter that as your image offset, and check automatically fix pointers.

oh, this reminds me...
how much free space should we need to repoint a bigger image to be inserted..? :\

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I think that depends on how much bigger the image is. I usually just open up a hex editor and find a lot of FF in a row.

oh, I see... :\
then if I do the same, is there by any chance we can leave an unused offset..?
sorry to ask, I'm saving offsets though...
I try not to waste precious offsets. :D

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Do you mean have part of the image data, then a gap, and then the rest of the data? If so, I don't think it is.

nope...
I meant was, example I inserted a huge sprite, find an offset which is free through a hex editor, use the offset, bang! It works, horay, and then a new sprite is coming to town unlz-gba, once again I do the same, successful...

my question, is there by any chance, be any free offsets between those two images I inserted..? :\

Megiddo-san

Years
Oh, that depends on how much space you leave between the first and 2nd images. Though how is that different from just using the offset after the 2nd? Either way you are using all the bytes. The other thing is just in a different spot.

Rikuthemaster

Professional Douchebag
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012

Thanks, this did help, but, how do I create new warps? That way I can have 4 Warps in Pallet Town, instead of 3

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
Years

I mean, there's a world map editor in A-map but I can't change the world map.... I wanted to change the Kanto map into my world map, how can I do it....?

Megiddo-san

Years
Look at changing the world map completely by Mastermind_X in the documents and tutorials section. It is done with other programs. A-map will only let you change the data.

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
Years
Look at changing the world map completely by Mastermind_X in the documents and tutorials section. It is done with other programs. A-map will only let you change the data.

whew! there's alot of reading there, but do you know how to do it...? I'm a little confused there.... Is there any shortcuts to this...?

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Two questions.

How do I change the starting intro in FireRed/LeafGreen? (The bit with Professor Oak?)

And more importantly, how do I change the X/Y co-ordinates on the first map you warp to (like, what address are the co-ordinates located in the hex?)

Could someone please help?

nothing

Gorto Hacker
Years
Code

I want some scripts for my hack game.

1-I want a man give a Charmander and run away map (Ever)

2-I want an another man give Pokedex and run away map (Ever)

3-I want a door close until catch a Mareep. (No level range needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back