• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I asked this a while ago, but got no response, so I'll ask again. How do I get Fennel to stop giving me the tutorial every single time I use the dream world? It's getting very irritating...

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Did you enable your cookies?

Ah that could be the problem. They are enabled, but are set to automatically clear after each browsing session. I'll turn that off. It's pretty silly for the PGL to save that setting to your cookies rather than to your account (if that is indeed the case).

EDIT: Well, I cleared my cookies and logged back in, then Fennel gave me the tutorial again T_T. Well, at least I know what the problem is now...

Last edited:

Ghostrk9

learning new information!
Years
black and white team plz!?

someone please help me! i just need a good, decent black and white team, im staring with oshawott and would really like stoutland and roggenrola in my team. also, id like movesets and abilitys, dont worry about the natures. and PLEASE NO LEGENDARIES OR POKEMON YOU NEED TO TRADE FOR. thanks :D

and sorry if this isnt in the rite place, just move it thanks

Years
Anyone knows a real fine dandy spot that has lots of Sewaddles and Swadloons? Don't tell me Pinwheel Forest please, cos that place is filled with other Pokemon I'm not wanting. If you haven't already guessed, I'm actually EV training Defense. x3

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Anyone knows a real fine dandy spot that has lots of Sewaddles and Swadloons? Don't tell me Pinwheel Forest please, cos that place is filled with other Pokemon I'm not wanting. If you haven't already guessed, I'm actually EV training Defense. x3
Well they are only on Route 6, Lostlorn Forest and mentioned Pinwheel Forest... so you don't have more choices...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
As far as Defense EV Training, the only places that are good all only have 50% encounter rates of the ones you want. Defense is just a rough thing to EV train. :/ If the Pokemon in question is Water/Grass, you can go to Wellspring Cave and fight Roggenrola at a 50% encounter rate, or if it's fire you can go fight Klink/Ferroseed for a combined 49% encounter rate.

MikieJo

Anyone wanna battle?
Years
Wifi Problem. Random Matchup bug.

Yeah. Uh hi. I recently made a team for black and I want to battle online. Whenever I try to battle a message saying that theres something wrong with my Pokemon and they couldnt participate. My team are nicknamed no items and all evs add up to 510. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this in the wrong place Im still learning my way around.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
As far as Defense EV Training, the only places that are good all only have 50% encounter rates of the ones you want. Defense is just a rough thing to EV train. :/ If the Pokemon in question is Water/Grass, you can go to Wellspring Cave and fight Roggenrola at a 50% encounter rate, or if it's fire you can go fight Klink/Ferroseed for a combined 49% encounter rate.

Actually, Pinwheel Forest has a 55-60% chance of Sewaddle of Venipede appearing, both of which give +1 DEF afaik.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Yeah. Uh hi. I recently made a team for black and I want to battle online. Whenever I try to battle a message saying that theres something wrong with my Pokemon and they couldnt participate. My team are nicknamed no items and all evs add up to 510. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this in the wrong place Im still learning my way around.

The restrictions for a random Wi-Fi battle in Generation V are as follows:

• You must use 3-6 Pokemon.
  • No special Pokemon.
  • No eggs.
  • (Fairly certain) Sky Drop is banned.
  • No moves non-exclusive to Generation V.

The thing that gets most people is the final rule. It means that if a Pokemon cannot learn a move exclusively in Generation V, then it cannot legally have that move in a random Wi-Fi battle. For example, Arcanine can only learn Iron Head in Generation IV, so it can't compete in Generation V. This is especially important when dealing with Pokemon with fairly common TMs that lost their TM status (such as Stealth Rock, Roost, or Avalanche) or Tutor moves that no longer have a Tutor in Black / White (such as Signal Beam or Heat Wave). Cheers.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
That's odd. I've heard a lot of people that also claim that there isn't a restriction there. But I guess since MikieJo actually tried it and it didn't work, it must be in place.

Perhaps Game Freak wanted to make Random Matchup more "accessible" to people who are just getting into Pokémon in Generation V, so they're not at a disadvantage compared to people who have earlier generation games?

You can use Generation IV (or older) moves in Pal Pad battles, but not random Wi-Fi.

Years
The only additional content I would say is a step forward would be the Dream World. A good way of collecting berries, meeting people, trading items, gathering a few pokemon (its hard to control what pops up) and having a nice house to decorate. Plus the mini-games on pokemon.com that allow you to win pokemon like the eevee evolutions, I've probably spent more time doing that, than I have in the actual game!

I've tried to get onto the Dream World site, but it didn't seem to work out, first the page wouldn't load and when it did it couldn't connect to my DS. Do you need wireless Wi-Fi to connect to it? I don't know anything about it.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
My family and I want to sell our Wii. Will I still be able to make my Pokemon White connect to Wi-Fi for Dream World, promos, etc? It connects straight to the router, not the Wii, right?

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Where do you find starters in Dream world?
You don't. They were given out through special promotions that are currently Japan only.

My family and I want to sell our Wii. Will I still be able to make my Pokemon White connect to Wi-Fi for Dream World, promos, etc? It connects straight to the router, not the Wii, right?
Lol, of course it connects through the router. Why would it connect though the Wii? DS WiFi came out like a year before the Wii did...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've tried to get onto the Dream World site, but it didn't seem to work out, first the page wouldn't load and when it did it couldn't connect to my DS. Do you need wireless Wi-Fi to connect to it? I don't know anything about it.

Moving this to Quick Questions...

But yes, you need a router which can give you wireless wifi, and depending on what DS you have (Lite, Original) you can only access any of Nintendo's wifi with WEP encryption, however if you have a DSi or 3DS, then you can access via WPA encryption, so it just depends on what type of DS you have and whether you use a router or not. As for loading issues, you'll probably need to try Google Chrome, as it tends to have less issues with loading than browsers such as Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back