• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
After going to Gento I have to say it's pretty bad. No real goals to achieve, just a bunch of people whining bout the catastrophe. Boring if you ask me :/ I hope it gets filled with some new interesting stuff soon. After beating the league the game itself gets pretty empty I'd say :(
As for the machop guy he's probably outside the League building or maybe an island close to it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
After going to Gento I have to say it's pretty bad. No real goals to achieve, just a bunch of people whining bout the catastrophe. Boring if you ask me :/ I hope it gets filled with some new interesting stuff soon. After beating the league the game itself gets pretty empty I'd say :(
As for the machop guy he's probably outside the League building or maybe an island close to it.

Do some quests, like in Silver Desert or Guardia Town.
Look around. There's quite a few.

Legendaries...

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
I've got a bunch of league winning poke at lv 85-90 so capturing all these legends means as much to me as save/load a few dozen times until the poke decides to be caught in the ball :/
BTW Bretherna and Deazone sprites are horrible! Bretherna especially. I can't bare to look at her ><

Years
I had a problem with my game. I saved the game in Rino and Zoey's house in Lustersand, and when putting the game again, I began controlling "Zoey" (The character I control is the one in the bottom left corner):

buggd.png

Fortunately, when you get out of the house, the bug disappears.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2012
I have a quick question that I just want to be cleared up on. I think I beat the game too quickly than expected. :S I had gone to where Gaia had all of the dragons with her and I battled her and won. The screen went all shaky, then Rayquaza had told me that I brought peace back to the land. (Not sure if those were his exact words.) Anyways, I was then brought to the "THE END" screen. I was just wondering if I was supposed to win so soon? I don't know, it just felt so sudden.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Nope, you didn't. You have to beat the League now and after that do a bunch of stuff like capturing all the legendaries and stuff.

BTW Destine! Could you make catching ALL the pokemon possible? I know some pokes are exclusive to the side of the story you pick but I'd like to play a hakc which finally lets me catch all of its pokemon :/

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Why is ho-oh in ilex forest?

Because in Rescue Rangers (the second Ruby Destiny game), Ho-oh is resting on top of Ilex Forest.

BTW Destine! Could you make catching ALL the pokemon possible? I know some pokes are exclusive to the side of the story you pick but I'd like to play a hakc which finally lets me catch all of its pokemon :/

By all, do you mean all POKéMON from the first generation to the latest?
If so, then no, I don't think I'll be doing that, for some POKéMON got replaced by gym leader and POKéMON mugshots.

If you mean all the POKéMON in the Hevah Dex, could you state the unavailable POKéMON (except for the obvious Breatherna/Deazone)...?

I had a problem with my game. I saved the game in Rino and Zoey's house in Lustersand, and when putting the game again, I began controlling "Zoey" (The character I control is the one in the bottom left corner):

buggd.png

Fortunately, when you get out of the house, the bug disappears.

Thanks for the report.
It'll be fixed in the next version update.

BTW Bretherna and Deazone sprites are horrible! Bretherna especially. I can't bare to look at her ><

Sorry to hear that, but unfortunately, Breatherna's sprite stays as is, and the same for Deazone.

Wait, can't you come up with different sprites for them then? Or are the names also copyrighted? What about four completely different Pokemon for the same role?

They're not really important for the time being, for I don't think anyone offered to remake Rescue Rangers.

Gento is only for show. No real goals are planned to be added there, unfortunately.
Thanks for informing me about the Machop dude. I'll fix him later.

I would think Ilex Forest is just a place to visit, like the rest of Johto are in RoL and LoG, and has no real meaning. The reason you could get Lugia is because he has a part in RoL and thus is obtainable in the Whirl Islands. I wouldn't expect Celebi to have any part in the game, though it would be interesting to run into him there.

Ilex Forest's real purpose in LoG is for you to capture Ho-oh.
And Celebi will be in the next version update, but her only purpose is to change the ingame time.

Why isn't there celebi in ilex forest

Celebi will be in the next version update, and she'll be in Bug Forest, but her only purpose is to change the ingame time.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Destine, I meant all the pokemon in Hevah Dex. For the time being you can't catch all the elemental monkeys, Giratina and Rayquaza seem to be exclusive - you can't get one if you take the other,right?
As for Gento why would you bother? Spend the time adding some significant content :)
I don't like Bretherna/Deazone skins the same as I hate Guibit but that's only my opinion so don't worry. Playing this hack made me want more but dang! After reaching the ultimate goal - beat the League, there is no bigger challenge in it :(

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Whoa, I actually beat Richard. That was a ***** and a half! Brilliant challenge! (I was able to do this event before beating the League. Is that normal?)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016

If you mean all the POKéMON in the Hevah Dex, could you state the unavailable POKéMON (except for the obvious Breatherna/Deazone)...?

Well, the Elemental Monkeys aren't available in the wild. Sableye and Spiritomb are only found in the "evil" Lost Shadow, and when it returns to normal, you can't get them, since the "evil" Lost Shadow is inaccessible.

Also, perhaps there could be a way to get all three of the Side-Exclusive Pokemon, like Dohydra, Suvir and Sprizzle in one game.
And/Or perhaps a way to get Giratina & Shaymin. Just thinking.

w1ur83.png

You can walk through this ledge.
2rogkyo.png

This rock's sticking out over the mist.

EDIT: Just remembered something. Meltdown and Heaven Beam, Devihel and Angeallen's signature moves, have the same power (130) yet Angeallen's takes a turn to charge up.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Here's a little story about Aquadine, Garudine and Clauseed...
When I was still hacking Rescue Rangers, I asked help from a spriter for some cool elemental POKéMON.
He sent me Aquadine, Garudine and Clauseed, and made me believe that he made it.
A few months flew by and someone PM'ed me, stating that he was the original spriter of those three and demanded to remove them from the game (he also provided proof that it really belonged to him), but since I couldn't remove them in the game 'cause they were already introduced, he gave me his permission to have them in Rescue Rangers only.

And about Spyre, he's an original sprite from my other spriter, but it just doesn't feel right to only have him in LoG while the other three are absent, so, the four are gone. :(

And that is why they are not in Life of Guardians.
The end. :)
Interesting story DJG o.O
I had no idea o.O

Destine, I meant all the pokemon in Hevah Dex. For the time being you can't catch all the elemental monkeys, Giratina and Rayquaza seem to be exclusive - you can't get one if you take the other,right?
Giratina and Shaymin.
But that is storyline event. What purpouse would be to bring life to the darkness?

Whoa, I actually beat Richard. That was a ***** and a half! Brilliant challenge! (I was able to do this event before beating the League. Is that normal?)
Yeah, why not? :D

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
I believe Kirby39 said Felinar was only available after the League. Or maybe I just read the list incorrectly.

I'm not entirely sure. I did all of the legends after the league, because that was when most of them became available. I just assumed it was after the league.

Eriah

A lost past, hidden in shadow.
Years
Well, the Elemental Monkeys aren't available in the wild. Sableye and Spiritomb are only found in the "evil" Lost Shadow, and when it returns to normal, you can't get them, since the "evil" Lost Shadow is inaccessible.

Are you sure it's inaccessible? I end up getting to it through the cave on Normal. Though I still haven't actually beaten the Dragon's Castle event, so it may change to the grassy area afterwards...

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
Where I may get national dex in log?

Basically- You can't.
Jagold replaced a bunch of Pokemon from Gen. 1 to make the portraits that show up when you speak to gym leaders, along with other "enemies" like the Vessels, Zah and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back