• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

And My Blue Jeans Need A Patch...

Crux

Evermore
Years
So, you just put a hole in your jeans... what do you do?
Get a patch? Throw them out? Wear them even still?

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Depends how big the hole is, if it's like a knee size hole, I would still wear it. If it gets bigger, then I would probably throw it :P

Although I don't even wear jeans, I only wear sweat pants. I do have one pair of jeans tho in case it's raining outside haha.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'd sew it up :3 I can be a pretty handy woman! If it's something leather/ has lining/ needs major alteration, I'd bring it somewhere to get done properly on an industrial sewing machine :3 Or if it's old and worn, make something else out of it or throw it away.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Wear it anyway. :x
Sometimes that goes badly, though. I forget that it's there and end up losing skin from my knee.
If it's on the knee, that is. I don't mind small holes, but once my foot starts going through it, it starts to bother me. T: I can't wear jeans with big holes, even around the house, because it bugs me too much haha.

Last edited:

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
If it looks stylish I continue to wear it haha. Besides, I have no ability to sew or repair anything.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
*C Talli will anwser thread*

I'd would put them in a chole recyle bin as I can't wear stuff if they have a hole in them even if they've been mend.

Years
If it's jeans and the hole is small/not in a bad place I'll wear them when I'm at home. If it's worse than that I'll try to fix it, that is, get someone else to fix it. I wouldn't get rid of something unless it was already on its last legs.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
If the hole is small and not like huge and completely noticeable, I'd keep them. If its huge and can be noticed easily, I'd ditch them. Also depends on where the hole is!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Also depends on where the hole is, but usually I like to wear nicer jeans so I probably wouldn't wear them except for cutting the grass or something like that.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Like many people here, I'd still wear the jeans, but depending on *where* the hole is, no matter how much some people I know (who are really big fashion police officers aka my mom) really hate holes in their jeans.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Depends on where the hole is. I've recently had to throw out two jeans because huge holes developed on the back right underneath a back pocket. Not exactly a good place. But around the knee or something I'll keep it until it is on its last legs.

Years
I have a hold in the pocket of one of my pants. I wear it every second week and I've just gotten used to not safely securing my iPod or anything expensive inside of that particular pocket. I use the pocket on the other side of my pants instead :P

Years
I almost never throw out my clothes; I just won't wear them. D:

Holes in the knees, I might wear them in public a few times, and around the house if need be. Anywhere else, bury them into the back of the closet and forget they're broken.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I think I look hot in ripped jeans, so I'll keep 'em.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Depends on the hole. If it's too big, I'll just donate the jeans and buy a new pair when I can. I hate rips in my jeans. If it's small enough, though, I'll try to deal with it. :/ I ripped a brand new pair of jeans on a wooden pew a few months ago and the rip is really small in the knee so I had to keep them. (I don't buy new jeans often and I'd just gotten these ones two weeks prior--no way was I giving them up so quickly. ;_;) I'm also not really one for patching because it would never be an exact match for the denim and I'd feel the patch so... oh well.

Years
It really depends on the size and location of the hole, I guess. Generally, I'll still keep my old, tattered jeans and just wear them around the house or something, but if holes start to become noticable, I just toss them out.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I have a portable sewing machine for that very reason. If it can't be fixed, it goes in the fabric projects pile.

Years
I get rid of jeans sometimes just because I don't like em anymore. I'd probably just throw them in my dresser and use them as backup on a day when I haven't done any laundry lol.

Back