• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: ???? Let's Grow Together ????- DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
Years
It's really ambitious! I love that lighting, it's usually always auto assume you have a light from the front, but having it mostly from the side/back is a really nice change and gives it a menacing atmosphere. I'd say work on the sword hand, it doesn't look like they're actually gripping it, just kinda like it's pasted on to the hand.

Thank you! I'd definitely agree. The reference used wasn't entirely HD enough to see how the hand fit the hilt, and I'm awful with hands/feet in the first place ahaha

Years
Why hello, it's been a while! I completed this a couple of weeks ago. It's got a good few flaws, but reddit seemed to enjoy it.
Spoiler:

I thought I posted my thoughts, but I wanted to say this is astounding! I'm a fan of this piece. C:​

Gigadweeb

Years

I thought I posted my thoughts, but I wanted to say this is astounding! I'm a fan of this piece. C:​

Thank you, friend!

On another note, this is a very-much-WIP that I started a couple of weeks that I've neglected due to schoolwork and some other commitments like haha just joking I've been bingeing the souls games again pls help I'm going to fail yr 12 if I keep this up

Years
Yo, hey I'd like to see how people feel about this suggestion:

Would anyone be interested in bringing back multiple art battles/weekly competitions? Also, would you like to see more medium focused contests (graphics art for a week or something or pixel art).
Would anyone be interested in a big art community project (or multiple if people would like to work in medium focused projects)

I just wanna see if anyone would be down and anyone wants to talk with me to try and host something.​

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
Im actually wanted to make another drawpile session again so we can go drawing together again, so I would think it might be a good idea to host a drawing together session with a theme tho.

Gigadweeb

Years
Yo, hey I'd like to see how people feel about this suggestion:

Would anyone be interested in bringing back multiple art battles/weekly competitions? Also, would you like to see more medium focused contests (graphics art for a week or something or pixel art).
Would anyone be interested in a big art community project (or multiple if people would like to work in medium focused projects)

I just wanna see if anyone would be down and anyone wants to talk with me to try and host something.​

Yeah, I'd be interested in art comps. It seems this forum has mostly devolved into just posting your random works in your showcase, which results in a more isolated feel.

Years
Yeah, I'd be interested in art comps. It seems this forum has mostly devolved into just posting your random works in your showcase, which results in a more isolated feel.

I can feel that, yeah. I'm going to being back art battles. If there's a weekly/monthly competition anyone wants to host or suggest, I'd love to hear other people's thoughts!​

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay recommendations wanted!

I'm looking to commission someone to draw from a photograph of a decreased pet (dog) and then maybe get it framed. Which dA artists that you follow do you think would be able to do it? What would I be looking at in terms of cost/shipping/etc? I live in Australia. This is a present I would need by the 17th of December.

Years
Okay recommendations wanted!

I'm looking to commission someone to draw from a photograph of a decreased pet (dog) and then maybe get it framed. Which dA artists that you follow do you think would be able to do it? What would I be looking at in terms of cost/shipping/etc? I live in Australia. This is a present I would need by the 17th of December.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone specific who does pet portraits, even not related to dA.
though usually if they do animals/creatures well they can do pet portraits, how about hitting up ana ;)

Were you looking for like, a detailed traditional painting? If you just wanted less real paint focus, it might be easier for you to ask the artist for a high quality digital file, that you could then print and frame yourself (I can help with how to get that done), as I suspect the cost and shipping to be pretty high even within your country itself, as well as limit the available artists you could use. Some artists actually don't know anything about high quality printing specs, considering how many services and digital alternatives there are, and also the shipping involved, or even just not having the time to do so. About what size were you after?

Alternatively if you are looking for a traditional painting, you can check your local artist area. Pretty much every area has old time traditional painters, especially if you go to more rural areas. Though, seeing as you wanted to commission from dA, I'm guessing that's not what you're specifically after.

Edit: Depending on the print shops in your area, you can also get the traditional painting scanned and printed on textured/canvas like paper that can really bring out the work. While it would be a pretty penny depending on the size, it would probably still cost less than paying the artist printing/framing costs AND shipping costs. It depends on your budget I guess!

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
All good because funnily enough someone posted in a German Shepherd group I'm in literally a few hours after I made this post here and oh my God she's incredible. I've now ordered through her!

Hope this is okay to share: https://www.facebook.com/PetraArtOfficial/

Her dog/cat art is freaking amaaaazing. For anyone else coming here with the same question, deffo worth checking her out.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ohohohohohoh!

Can we share amazing pictures of animals? I did not take any of these pictures myself, but while I was volunteering at an animal shelter it was my job to make the animals as "marketable" and "desirable" as possible via graphic design. Well, one of the women I worked with was an amateur photographer and her photos are AMAZING!

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-hzhQ9k/

Her name is Collene and she really deserves more recognition for her work. I was absolutely taken aback when I saw such unexpected talent in such an unlikely place. :')

Years
What is this inktober? o:

Inktober is a month were you try and do daily drawings! It was founded Jake Parker with the intention of using only ink for this month and these drawings. It has expanded to not really be so strict about the media used since not everyone has access to good inking tools or can easily get discouraged doing art everyday in a media they're not comfortable with. There are various prompt lists for the illustrations that some people follow, some people do whatever. In general, you end up with a flurry of fun and usually witchy and halloweeny art! (and a lot of artist who feel bad they didn't do it daily)

Years
You need three examples for a showcase! If you just want us to look at this one work, I can merge it into the DCC for you.

Years
Anyways this is a deer that I traced using AutoCad
6PDbRQa.png

With that merge out of the way...

I really like this actually. I know it's just an aspect of the program, but that cyan on the dark-but-still-blueish background is really satisfying, if it had a larger margin around it all. You simplified it well, while still putting in all the details that matter.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
Years

I really like this actually. I know it's just an aspect of the program, but that cyan on the dark-but-still-blueish background is really satisfying, if it had a larger margin around it all. You simplified it well, while still putting in all the details that matter.

Thanks!
I can probably mess around with the margins and make them bigger

Haggerella

Captain Butts
Years
Been struggling to do anything artsy for a long time, but managed to churn out a little Shaymin for Inktober c:

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back