• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how did/do you do in school?

Years
what type of student are/were you in school? did you get mostly good grades and get to class on time? were you absent from class often? did you participate in class? did you enjoy school overall?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
For me, since I swapped schools so many times in my life, I've noticed how my attitude changed when I did. The school I ultimately ended up at was deemed as "ghetto", and I noticed my attitude moved in that direction. I was a pretty good student to begin with my grades were decent and got to class on time. As I got used to it all, started skipping school to the point of almost being charged with truancy, skipping classes, and etc. I turned it around Junior and Senior year tho as they'd always threaten us with not walking for graduation. I was pretty sneaky too lmao. My mom never found out about anything rofl.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I'm an OK student - I've become a lot more driven in the past few years and more independent with my study as my school is competitive and focuses on academics. However I suffer easily from burn out and stress so I don't always perform as well as I want to. For example I used my long holiday break poorly because I took too much time out to recover and now I have to compensate in the last few days with a lot of work to catch up on. Still I'm proud of what I've been able to achieve through hard work and pushing myself - the year I got straight As I was really happy, I cried. But generally since I chose subjects that I enjoy a lot my grades and ranks in the year are good to me and I hope to consistently keep working and getting As.

Have never really skipped class. Honestly I do hate school sometimes but moreso because it can get monotous and tiring - I like going for the experience of being able to make friends and memories though so I do enjoy it. I think earlier on I was just another student who got pushed by their parents to succeed academically - I didn't really have any motivation to be a good student as I was doing it completely for them. Now I'm just trying to make myself proud and making sure I get the best opportunities for me academically so I can have a great future. It's a little easier to have motivation now. :D

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I was quiet in school and didn't talk much. My grades were average, I come to class on time, I was absent alot because of doctor appointments and that changed in my senior year and I started coming to school more, once in a while I would perform in class discussions, and I didn't really much enjoy school because it was boring.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
i sucked in school (though still made honors amazingly) and i know it's because i didn't put in the effort and it's probably bc i had anxiety or depression that was never brought to anyone's attention. sometimes i look back and wish i did better bc then maybe i would have had a better time in college and just in general but my life isn't bad as it is, i guess.

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
damn good but that is because i have placed an endless amount of unnecessary pressure on myself for little to no reason at all

the things i do to look good on a transcript

Years
I did well in school, good grades and all for the most part, but frankly could have done a lot better still if I had actually been bothered applying myself. I just didn't find most of it interesting though so I never really put in any more effort than I had to. I'm lucky I was generally one of the brighter students or I'd have been screwed with the attitude I had.

It wasn't like I didn't value my education or anything, education was always important to me and I have always loved to learn but I just couldn't get into school learning much.

Years
to put it bluntly: I'm lazy as shit and I hate it.

I like to think of myself as a decent student, but I hate my tendencies of putting things off until the day they're due and do it that day. It's just unnecessary stress.

So to remedy that, I've been putting force more and more effort to trying to do my assignments approximately a day or two early. I'm even pushing myself to get it done even more ahead of time so I can enjoy my free time afterwards. @_@;

Grades-wise, I'm ok. I rarely get anything below a B except in math so there's that, I suppose. A massive improvement from how I was back in high school lmao.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
what type of student are/were you in school? did you get mostly good grades and get to class on time? were you absent from class often? did you participate in class? did you enjoy school overall?

in high school i was a decent student. my mental health tended to take a toll on my grades and whatnot, also i think i was just sort of lazy. especially in my senior year bc of senioritis.

in college, i'm a good student. i do all my work on time and tend to make A's or B's in my classes except for math, or at least a high C. it's better than high school, at least like.. motivation wise and whatnot. in high school i didnt really put a lot of effort into my work so i try to do that more in college.

overall i guess i enjoyed school, or socializing i should say. i don't enjoy school right now, but i'm half way into my degree so i'm sort of obligated to keep going.

TY

I was just there to get my graduation and not bother with anything else on school, never enjoyed it

especially hated high school

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I was a terrible student and school sucked.

I mean, I guess I was okay a chunk of the time, work-wise, but it was just kind of a terrible experience for me the whole way through.

In highschool I was sick a lot from stress, and in college I skipped and then stopped going because I was tired of feeling terrible.

I'm much happier over the last number of years that I've just worked full time and not bothered with school.

Last edited:

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 17, 2023
i guess i'm a pretty good student, although compared to others i'm definitely not the best. i sometimes sorta give up with some subjects but otherwise i do pretty well (i actually tried really hard for my mocks the other week & they went well so!)

at gcses and even last year tbh i didn't try too hard although i did fairly well generally. this year i've really been trying more although my mental health really gets in the way sometimes. but i guess now i'm at a level taking subjects i like & having a goal (e.g. grades i need to get into uni & my dream job lol) so i'm a lot more motivated to do well

skipping lessons isn't really a thing at my school, i guess. although skipping school is more of a thing, and i've not gone in a few times but it's always sort of as a 'mental recharge' day when i physically & mentally just. cannot be bothered and then i'll be fine again for the next however long.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
In High School I wasn't the best. Average grades and was late a lot. Was more preoccupied with hanging with friends and doing stupid teen stuff over school.

However in College I turned that around. I was never late, got straight A's and graduated with honors!

Last edited:
Years
*points at username*

But it counts. And I was way ahead of the curb, man - I was sitting at home pretending to do maths long before all of today's copycats came to join the party. But then, what would one expect of people whose role in life incorporates the word 'cat'? Anyway...

What type of student are/were you in school?

The kind that doesn't do any work and pretends to have a hernia whenever the maths books rear their head. So quite obviously the best kind.

Did you get mostly good grades and get to class on time?

Yes, but I forged them and ironically, no.

Were you absent from class often?

Yes.

Did you participate in class?

As in raise my hand and say that I need to use the toilet? Yes.

Did you enjoy school overall?

The bits I spent skipping it? Fuck yeah. That's an art, you know.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I did fairly well in school. I actually took resource classes due to my autism. These are like regular classes... but the workload and amount of students is smaller and more structured. I did struggle more with grade school because a lot of kids bullied me. None of the teachers did anything, and they often blamed it on my "odd" behaviors that egged them on. I never learned cursive either because it was too fast paced, and the teacher couldn't take the time to help me. Things did get better as I reached high school though. I improved a lot more and tried to focus on getting things done. The only thing I despised was homework. I never did it. The reason is because of the transitions from school to home. I was unable to comprehend the idea of work from school to be done at home.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I started becoming more apathetic towards everything as I became closer to graduating. The realization set in that I was never seeing 95% of my classmates again, and I started taking the work less seriously as well.

I admit that I could have done much better in high school, although I'm doing my best in my college courses to make up for it.

Years
I struggle, not because I'm not smart, but because I don't care, and get distracted easily. None of the stuff my school offers really interests me so even if it doesn't challenge me, I just don't do the work since I feel like it's not worth my time. I'm currently a sophomore in high school and really just want to get to college where I can actually do something I plan to go into.

I used to be a really good student (As in all classes up through 7th grade) but just stopped caring... I really need to get serious if I want to go to Ohio State (my dream college) but just can't find motivation :frown:

Years
I never applied myself, otherwise I would have done better.
Once I reached college I changed and worked hard and received honors.

Bay

Years
I did pretty well in both high school and college. In high school I never skipped class unless I'm away on a field trip, which was on occasion as I was in a college prep program where you can do college tours. I was able to somewhat adjust to college fairly quickly and get in honors several quarters. There are some aspects of college I enjoyed more than high school, and vice versa.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
I'm a pretty obedient student, but I do pretty good in the classes I like, but pretty bad in the ones I don't like. It's really just chaos to be honest.

Back