• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that you wanted to have?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Currently, there are thousands of video games out there in the market. Are there any games that you always wanted buy, but couldn't, exactly, because something had prevented you? If so, then what was it, and how were you prevented from it? If you had the chance to get the game today, would you, or have you lost your interest in it already?

Ever since the Wii U was released, I always wanted to get my hands on ZombiU, a survival horror game published by Ubisoft. Most of my friends had it, and they were always having conversations about it whenever they could. Since I didn't have the game myself, I didn't have much things to say, which made me feel a little left out. I was planning to get it one day, but ended up getting some other game instead. I always try to prevent myself from horror video games, because, well, they scare me. They scare me a lot. D: If I did get the game though, then I wouldn't have played it much. In fact, probably wouldn't even have considered putting it into my Wii U. Haha.

Professor Layton & The Miracle Mask, a puzzle game for the Nintendo 3DS, is another video game that I always wanted to try. I just never got around to buying it though, because every time I went out to the store, I kept getting distracted by all the other games displayed on the shelves, which instantly made me forget about Professor Layton. The last Professor Layton game I played was The Curious Village. I absolutely loved it, as it was able to consume your time quite easily and make you feel less bored. xD Not only that, but it also had the ability to work your brain a lot, helping you to become more sharp. Next time I pay a visit to my local GameStop store, I will definitely make sure to get myself Miracle Mask. It may be a little pricey, but that doesn't matter—the game is still worth it. (:

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Since I've had very little interest in new games that are coming out, there is a few games that I would like to get my hands on. Super Mario Bros Wii, and New Super Mario Bros 2. The first one is because I'm still not paying it's asking price, it's never changed since it's release. As for NSMB2, I don't have a 3DS, and again, I'm not paying the price of one because it's too ridiculous.

A few old games that I did want to have about 17 years ago, the likes of Puggsy and Fantastic Dizzy. Thing is, my Da wouldn't get me them and I still don't know why.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I've always wanted to play the Luminous Arc games. They looked awesome when I saw them in a gaming magazine (Nintendo Power, I think).

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2013
double dragon 2 for nes was always one i wanted at the time. Had to settle for playing at a buddy's house.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I might say thousands of Japan-only games on Vita/PS3 and it still won't be enough...
So I'll just choose Project Diva f on PSV.
And what prevented me? Stupid fees on imported goods from the other countries... I would have to pay like... 200% of the price...
Fortunately, it will be released in Europe =D

But this still works for other Japanese VNs that will never see the light of localization.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2016
When I was young, I always wanted Kingdom Hearts 2. The only reason was i never got the game for the PS2. Same with Birth by Sleep, but the only reason was that it was disk only for the PSP

Years
Lunar Silver Star Story. My friend owned the Ps1 copy and that game was so much fun. It's kinda a rare game though, and none of the re-releases really have done the game justice since then so I've been skipping them. I've always wanted to get my own copy and finish it for myself.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is another one, I've been holding out because I still haven't beaten XIII (my Xbox died as I was about to hit up the Tower near the end of the game.).

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Hm, I always wanted to have Persona 3 officially, and, well, I pretty much can buy it, it's just, the thing is I don't have a working PS2 anymore. ;-; I didn't get that game before because, well, I was really opting to get other games at the time, like games for Gamecube & for the Wii, and soon I was able to get Persona 4: Golden which pretty much satisfied my desire to play an official Persona game, ahaha.

Years
The Final Fantasy series. I haven't actually played any of the games, and from what I've heard, read and seen, it's something I should've really been playing a few years back. Unfortunately, with sales and other releases, my spending was focused elsewhere so hopefully sometime in the future I can finally pick some FF games up. Furthermore, I really want to play Fire Emblem. Though I don't even have a DS anymore so I need to save for one before I can think of buying this game. It looks so amazing and I seriously want to play it, looks like my sort of game.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
This isn't a game, but I've always wanted a GameShark for my different consoles and Handhelds. Cheat codes are fun, but I've always wanted to experiment with more advanced cheat codes and see what they can do. Where did people always find them back in the day? It's not like they had their own spot on the shelves in different stores. I know you can find some online, but where do people go to get them new in the first place?

Back