• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
Restarted LeafGreen yesterday when I dropped my GBASP and i lost my game...in Pewter City now, about to face Brock. Team is:
LV 15 Charmander, LV 14 Pidgey, LV 15 Butterfree, LV 14 Rattata, LV 15 Kakuna (...?) and LV 14 Pikachu. Yes, I know they are all weak to Rock attacks (except Rattata) but if you use Sand-Attack on Onix you can Metal Claw it out while it hurls boulders at the wrong places.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2016
Can You not catch Mankey in LG? ^^

I just wiped the floor with Sabrina. My Gengar Leveled up on the last fight in her gym before her, Got Shadow Ball, I got 3 Crits in a row with it Taking out her Kadabra Mime and Zam she sends out venomoth and Confuses my Gengar so I swap over to Pika and Dusted that *** with Thunder.

PsyDragon Trainer

PokéPro?
Years
Sent all good stuff from Emerald to Pokémon Box and sorted Pokémon Box out. Now I restarted Emerald and my current team is:

Marill **JME. Lvl 13.
Mudkip ** Donae'O. Lvl 13.
Poochyena ** Skepta. Lvl 6.
Wishmur ** Mizz Beatz / Appa / Naffer (depends on which one I'll take). Lvl 5 /6.

And I'm currently at the route where all the freaking Wishmurs are :P.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2008
Well...Training in the Sevii Islands(well...I mean Seven Island,Sevault Canyon)
My team in LG consists of:Articuno Lv61 with Ice Beam,Blizzard,Fly,Mist@NEVERMELTICE,Lv64 Suicune with Double Edge,Surf,Mirror Coat@Amulet Coin,and the last move has been deleted by move deleter,used to be Waterfall,LV62 Zapdos with Thunder Wave,Fly,Detect,Drill Peck,Lv74 Mewtwo with Thunderbolt,Recover,Shadow Ball,Psychic,Lv61 Moltres with Fire Blast,Fly,Mimic,Flamethrower,Lv66 Raichu with Thunder,Thunderbolt,Brick Break and Shock Wave.
Training all of them in order to fight Gary and the Elite Four.
Player Gender:Male
Rival's name:Gary
Player's name:Ash
I and my friends use legendaries.

Years
Restarted Ruby.....
Caught a Modest Seedot on my first attempt.
Had a hard time looking for a Modest/Calm/Bold/Timid Ralts, finally found a female one..

Now I can breed. Huzzah~

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
I have Sapphire, Emerald, and Leaf Green. I don't play Sapphire and Leaf Green much nowadays, but in Emerald, lots of things have happened lately...

**In Emerald, I have fifty or so Pokemon I'm raising to equal levels... so I don't really have a best Pokemon team.

-I beat Norman! The battle was pretty easy, although his Vigoroth KO'd my Shedinja with Faint Attack. My Hariyama beat his Slaking by using Fake Out, then Vital Throw on the second turn, when Slaking was loafing around. But yeah... I came prepared with a team consisting of Combusken, Breloom, Shedinja, Sableye, Hariyama, and Aggron... This happened last Sunday.

-I then went on a HUGE Pokemon-catching spree, and so far have added 18 Pokemon to my "Pokemon family". The Pokemon are:

Ursula (female Tentacool) -- Level 32, Modest
Purin (female Jigglypuff) -- Level 25, Naughty
Gamma (Magnemite) -- Level 24, Timid
Pokeball (Voltorb) -- Level 25, Bold
Marmalade (female Tropius) -- Level 25, Hardy
Weatherman (male Castform) -- Level 25, Brave
Sirius (male Absol) -- Level 25, Serious (LOL)
Nymphadora (female Kecleon) -- Level 31, Hardy
Severus (male Shuppet) -- Level 28, Lonely
Naruto (male Vulpix) -- Level 25, Rash
Langosta (female Corphish) -- Level 25, Hasty
Amazon (female Carvanha) -- Level 17, Hasty
Sir Slippy (male Barboach) -- Level 17, Jolly
Wheelie (female Phanpy) -- Level 27, Relaxed
Clair (female Natu) -- Level 29, Naive
Naganugi (female Girafarig) -- Level 27, Gentle
Cheeky (male Pikachu) -- Level 25, Gentle
Prongs (male Heracross) -- Level 7, Gentle (Hatched from an egg--the Heracross I caught was Bold...)

-I started planting some berries again, like the Tamato and Mago and Hondew and Spelon berries I received. I'll start making some sweet Pokeblocks to feed to Sir Slippy, because his Hasty Nature plus his cute moves will prove to be good in a contest...

-Speaking of Pokeblocks, I made a bunch of indigo Pokeblocks from my secret stash of Cornn Berries, and fed them all to my Feebas. Now she's a Milotic! She's my Surfer as well, because she's too late a level to learn Water Pulse...

-I bred the bold Heracross I caught with my Volbeat, and got three baby Heracrosses from it. Prongs had the best stats and nature of the three, so I picked him to be in my "Pokemon family"... This happened ten minutes ago.

Elite 4 Sam

Steel Type User
Years
Lets see. On my Firered, I just beat Giovanni, and then I owned my rival on my way to the Pokemon League.

So my party now is:

Venusaur Lv.42
Scyther Lv.43
Pidgeot Lv.39
Ryhorn Lv.38
Electabuzz Lv.35
Zapdos Lv.50

Zion042

BattleLegend
Years
I started a week ago and right now im training to beat the elite four again

my pokemon are

Scizor Lv.50
Charizard Lv.62
Tyranitar Lv.60
Dragonite Lv.59
Kingdra Lv. 56
Blissey Lv. 57

Lynnx

half listening.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 11, 2009
I'm back...just beat Giovanni in Saffron...about to take on Koga and Sabrina.

Team is: Charizard LV 37, Pidgeot LV 36, Clefairy LV 35, Pikachu LV 36, Butterfree LV 36, Vaporeon LV 37.

I just got a female Lapras, Impish nature with Water Absorb. I'm thinking about putting it in my team...my Vaporeon also has Water Absorb and is Calm natured. Should I, or should I not? Hmm...

EDIT: (Two days later)...

Ahem. I am back. I just beat Blaine (team is Charizard LV 40, Pidgeot LV 39, Clefairy LV 42 <going to level up Clefairy to LV 45 and then evolve it>, Pikachu LV 39 <same with Pikachu>, Butterfree LV 40 and Vaporeon LV 42.) I'm on Three Island in the Berry Forest, about to fight that Hypno bugging that girl Lostelle. Lostelle...what a pointless name.

Last edited:

Soufiane

Incorruptible #1
Years
I started Leafgreen 4days ago...

I chose Charmander << Favorite Pokemon of all times <3!
I trained him till like lvl 34 he learned flamethrower I thought...
I always let them in the first state till they learn their good moves!
Got a Mankey till lvl 44 and it's now a Primeape, Called him a Bagi! He pwned Blaine's gym whaha, And ofcourse my eevee, Trained it till Lvl 29, Let him evolve in a Jolteon! Called her a Elaiden << She just owns, Smacked Koga's, And Seafoam island trainers :D
My Zubat is now lvl 34, Gonna Lvl him till he learns Haze + Poison Fang!
Then evolve him in a Golbat then Lvl till he goes Crobat:D

My party atm:

Charizard Lvl 55
Primeape Lvl 48
Jolteon Lvl 46
Zubat Lvl 34

I was thinking about to fill those 2 slots, With a Mr. Mime, And a Pinsir or Pidgeot

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 27, 2011
playing Emerald. Just reached Rustboro City and now training Torchic toCombusken

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Breeding hitmonchan to make tyrogues I can train into hitmonlee and hitmontop

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
Years
Today in Emerald:

1. I received my first Magost Berry from the Berry Master!
2. I went to water my twelve berry plants growing outside the Berry Master's house, which included Sitrus, Spelon, Kelpsy, Persim, Chesto, Mago, Tamato, and of course my newest Magost plant.
3. I went into Team Magma's hideout, realising that it's the perfect place to train Water Pokemon (all it has are Geodudes, Gravelers, and Torkoals). My Milotic gained two levels while wandering about the place! Then I got to the end and battled Maxie--the battle was pretty difficult. His Pokemon were level 37-39, and mine were level 30-33. My Breloom barely beat his Mightyena after being Swaggered, my Azumarill got KO'd before she could KO his Camerupt, and my Wobbuffet finally KO'd his Crobat after a slew of Bite attacks which brought her down to 1 HP.
4. After that, I went to the Team Aqua Hideout, only to hear about a submarine fiasco in Slateport. So I went all the way back to Slateport for some dumb interview with Mr. Briney, and then all the way back to Lilycove to deal with Team Aqua... I couldn't use Fly because I didn't have enough badges. But now I have a Master Ball!
5. I went on another huge Pokemon catching spree! The Pokemon I caught today were:

Staryu
Wailmer
Luvdisc (after restarting twice because of Special Attack-hindering natures, I got a Calm one)
Spheal (after accidentally KO'ing two of them with critical hits)
Snorunt
Chimecho (took FOREVER to find)
Duskull

6. While on my way to Shoal Cave to look for Snorunt, I encountered a shiny Wingull! So I caught it! ^_^

*The only Pokemon I have left to catch are Horsea and Corsola, until I'm able to use Dive. Which won't happen until I get two more badges.

Ampremas_tortoise

Because turtles are overrated.
Years
Woo! Got emerald this weekend and just busted my arse beating Wattson. Just got past Magma vs. Aqua at Mt. Chimney and was offered Wynaut egg in the fire city, whatsitcalled. :s

I can't find a good water poke for the life of me, and Lombre sucks, actually. Maybe I should try being patient and raise a Magikarp. Don't know where to find the good rod, is that farther along than the fourth gym?

IndigoUmbreon

Does This Look Familiar?
Years
Hello, all. I am back. If you cannot figure out who I am than read my sig. First post on new account! Yay.

Beat Giovanni, rival and Victory Road at LV 42-44 on LG. Now training whole team to LV 50 on One Island where that spa and those black belt guys are.

No, no, wait! EDIT: Evolved Pikachu + Clefairy.

Years
Huzzah~
At the 5th gym. Had a hard time, all my Pokemon were underleveled ^_^;
Planning to train Kirlia until it evolves, Nuzleaf until 30+, Numel and Skarmory likewise.
Marshtomp is already 30.

Zion042

BattleLegend
Years
I just beat the 5th gym leader norman and i am currently training skarmory, numel, grovyle, hariyama, baltoy, and a carvanha levels 25-29. Yeah i know their not trained as much as i want but i just got the skarmory and numel with the right natures i want. Skarmory is impish and my numel is serious. its also hard to train a baltoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back