• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Taking Advantage of the Title Screen (FR/LG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
Maybe you should try...Wait for it.....A Palette editor! Really?

Oh yeah, I said I couldn't find the offsets so unless you read my post don't say anything, I'm not that thick, sheesh.
P.S. I know APE has the offsets stored in it but the offsets there don't work om my game.

Where are the pallette offsets please.
Nice tut though.

Edit: I've tried everything I can think of but I can't change the pallete, someone pls help!

Hey look I even highlited that part of the quote for you, so you don't miss half of the message again.

FYI: I've been hacking for a year, so don't be so sarcastic please!

FLOOTENKERP

The Glitch From Johto
Years
First of all thethethe I would like to say that your tutorial was very good but I got lost when you said that you needed to index the picture and after that i didnt understand. If you could help this is the help i REALLY need. help would be awesome. well here goes.

what do i do with unlz? I went to 2011 and found a messed up Charizard. what do i do with it? do i have to save it as a certain file? .PNG or .GIF? when i save it do i just erase it and then put my picture in? In cyclone do i load it as a tileset or tilemap?

I need more help but i dont want to bother you. I'll start of with editing the pokemon in the title screen and then the rest. Oh and if your wondering whats the pokemon gonna be its gonna be flootenkerp. just thought i should tell you since im asking for help.

I sent you a private message but i just made this account today so i dont know a thing so i was worried it didnt get sent

Years
Oh yeah, I said I couldn't find the offsets so unless you read my post don't say anything, I'm not that thick, sheesh.
P.S. I know APE has the offsets stored in it but the offsets there don't work om my game.

Hey look I even highlited that part of the quote for you, so you don't miss half of the message again.

FYI: I've been hacking for a year, so don't be so sarcastic please!
Well don't take this the wrong way or anything, but if you've been hacking for a year, and you still don't have the basic skill of finding a palette without APE, you must have wasted a hell of a lot of time.
I'm not giving out palette offsets. You can either read through other tutorials explaining the simple skill of finding palettes or give up, your choice I guess.
I cannot get past this part....how do I repoint it to a new space?
Go find a tutorial on using unlz.gba. I'm sure there's already way too many of them either here or on youtube. I usually leave things out of tutorials I write, like how to use tools or things that have been done to death by some new hacker who thinks everyone would like another scripting tutorial. I don't need to tell you every single little step, you should be able to figure out how to do the little things in between.
Thanks.. I just want to know the index of the palettes for the flames? I don't want to edit them I just want to make the flames colored green... Except I can't seem to find the palette for em XD. By index I mean by in APE when u load the palette of the title screen and you choose an index (IE Charizard's palette is index 14).

Oh and Nytoki I suck at and hate palette editing too so sorry can't help you on that.
See above.

Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2009
ya i have the same problem with flootenkerp.
sorry i basically just started scripiting and hacking and all that, and i dont really understand what u meant by indexing it. But i know u need to cuz i inserted a picture in place of the charzard, and it said i needed to index it.

this is were u confuse me:But first I'll need to index it and make sure all the tiles will fit into the Cyclone writing style.
So I'll end up with this. Thanks for the help

Edit: Alright i made it neat manually, i took the picture on the left and just put it on the right. I uploaded the tilemap onto unlz, to take place of charizards tilemap, but when i just try and import the picture to take place of charizard, does that have to be all messed up looking like how the charizard looks whenever u go to 2011, because it says it needs to be indexed.

Edit: I really dont understand this, ive been trying everything, i upload the tile map to take place of charizards, but whenever i load the game its just lines everywhere. But thats when i uploaded the tilemap when it was messed up. But I fixed it again to make it look normal, and whenever i put it in unlz it still does the same thing. And i dont understand what we are supposed to do on the actual charizard picture, do we just insert a png file or do we load RAW? Im reeaallllyyy confused right now and have been trying to figure this out for like 2 hours now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
Ok.. I have a problem.. =(
I made my image, and yes I made it a 16 color palette and it turned out quite nice. Then, I imported that image over the gamefreak one, but since it was too big to be written I changed the Image Offset to 845000. It worked, and the image was written to the game (firered). Then, after like an hour of trying to make the tilemap I finished it. I used NTME, not cyclone because it's messed up for me. anyway, I saved it as RAW and when I import it into UnlZ there is no image there. It's just blank. If I try to write it to the game anyway, nothing happens and the tilemap of gamefreak gets replaced with a blank one. I've been trying to make it work all day but to no avail. Anyone knows what's up with it?

Oh and I managed to change the Pokemon to celebi so that worked fine I duno what's up with this image.

Here is my image and tilemap for reference:

Spoiler:

Oh and bananapeelz... You replace the charizard picture with another picture of a pokemon you want to insert. After that you insert the tilemap.
Search some tuts on UnlZ or something.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2009
ya thats what i did, and i did it all right but whenever i opened up my game, charizard just wasnt there

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Ok.. I have a problem.. =(
I made my image, and yes I made it a 16 color palette and it turned out quite nice. Then, I imported that image over the gamefreak one, but since it was too big to be written I changed the Image Offset to 845000. It worked, and the image was written to the game (firered). Then, after like an hour of trying to make the tilemap I finished it. I used NTME, not cyclone because it's messed up for me. anyway, I saved it as RAW and when I import it into UnlZ there is no image there. It's just blank. If I try to write it to the game anyway, nothing happens and the tilemap of gamefreak gets replaced with a blank one. I've been trying to make it work all day but to no avail. Anyone knows what's up with it?

Oh and I managed to change the Pokemon to celebi so that worked fine I duno what's up with this image.

Here is my image and tilemap for reference:

Spoiler:

Oh and bananapeelz... You replace the charizard picture with another picture of a pokemon you want to insert. After that you insert the tilemap.
Search some tuts on UnlZ or something.

Did you fix the pointers? >_>

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2016
You mean by checking the box "automatically fix pointers" then yes. If not, then no. But that's not my problem.. or I don't think so.. Because if I just import my tilemap into UnlZ, the current tilemap gets replaced by a blank image. Meaning, UnlZ won't read the tilemap or something... If I write it to the game anyway, and I check UnlZ again for the gamefreak tilemap, it's just a blank tilemap. Any help?

EDIT: OK...It's either my UnlZ GBA or my ROM, because if I make a RAW DUMP of the original Gamefreak tilemap and then try to re-import that same tilemap into UnlZ, the tilemap is replaced by a blank image.

EDIT 2: Problem solved... was my game. XD

Last edited:

torferno lvl-X

learning asm
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
Well don't take this the wrong way or anything, but if you've been hacking for a year, and you still don't have the basic skill of finding a palette without APE, you must have wasted a hell of a lot of time.

Yeah sorry you're right, I have been hacking for a year but I've been on and off it and I've been focused on scripting and stuff mainly. Sorry, its just I don't like sarcasm that much,(nervous hypocrtitical sideways glance). And the offsets VBA gives me don't work. So......

Last edited:

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
after i put in the tileset and picture, i get to the part where u have to change the pallete. when i load my pallete off set some of the colours have a pink box and the colours are black. Can ya Help

loitraitim

Hoài Niệm Dấu Yêu
Years
after i put in the tileset and picture, i get to the part where u have to change the pallete. when i load my pallete off set some of the colours have a pink box and the colours are black. Can ya Help

You can see it...
You open VBA, open ROM, play to Tittle screen!
After, you click Tools --> Pallete Viewer, Save file pal!

Open VBA, Search file pal! You can see it :D

Goodluck ^^

cyberzero

New Hacker. Fast Learner.
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2009
everythings been working great for me, but when i go to file > load RAW, it says "RAW too big"
I did everything in this, I don't know what I did wrong
any help please?

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
I have a really bad problem. When I load and write the RAW to the ROM, the Pokemon at the intro takes the palette of the "Pokemon logo".

Here's an exapmle:
Spoiler:

did u set the plaette to 14?

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
no matter what i seem to the pallet wont change i get a yellow picture of the item im trying to insert. i have tried al of the cyclone pallete options and they're not changing a thing

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2010
Um, what do you mane "indexing"? That's the only part of the tutorial that confuses me, good job!

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
Years
Um, what do you mane "indexing"? That's the only part of the tutorial that confuses me, good job!
Indexing is when you decrease the color depth to 16 colors. You can do it using Irfanview.
If you need more help, do a forum search for "Indexing Spites" and there should be some tutorials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back