• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years
What are the offsets to Ice Ball and Blast Burn descriptions?
I want to edit them, but Ice Ball has the same description as Rollout, and Blast Burn has the same descriprtion as Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon and Hyper Beam.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
What are the offsets to Ice Ball and Blast Burn descriptions?
I want to edit them, but Ice Ball has the same description as Rollout, and Blast Burn has the same descriprtion as Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon and Hyper Beam.

Search the stuff using a hex editor with thingy table, such as translhextion.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
So I'm making a small 386 Fire Red hack....

Sorry if wrong section :/

I'm trying to work out how I would go about making Mystery Gift items work without outside interaction (Memory Editors or anything.)

For example I want to keep the requirements to travel to Navel Rock to catch Lugia & Ho-Oh but I need the mystery gift activation for the tickets to work. Maybe have it as an item and when I pick it up it sets the flag to allow travel to the island that ticket would normally give.

While I'm at it I'll probably need to know how to place in the other roaming dogs...*sigh*

Thank you.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2012
Defining Script Editor Problem

Hello you guys,

Today, I wanted to start some editing, since I played a few hacks every now and then and I wanted to try to make one myself. Well, I downloaded Advance Map, and for the scripts XSE. The problem here is, once I click 'Choose script editor' and choose XSE.exe, Advance Map suddenly comes with a note 'The program file does not exists or is not executable'.

Due to this I can't script (though I have no idea how to yet, but that is of later issue :p), does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Thom

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Sorry if wrong section :/

I'm trying to work out how I would go about making Mystery Gift items work without outside interaction (Memory Editors or anything.)

For example I want to keep the requirements to travel to Navel Rock to catch Lugia & Ho-Oh but I need the mystery gift activation for the tickets to work. Maybe have it as an item and when I pick it up it sets the flag to allow travel to the island that ticket would normally give.

While I'm at it I'll probably need to know how to place in the other roaming dogs...*sigh*

Thank you.

I think I can help. For your first question, I'd check around the script where the dockworker checks for tickets, for the S.S. Anne, Sevii Islands, and the event islands. Certain flags are checked, so just find the one that corresponds to the ticket you want.

For the second, I believe special 0x129 activates roaming Pokemon. Which appears is controlled by variable 0x4031, which stores which starter the player picked at the beginning of the game. Setting it to 0x0 means you picked Bulbasaur, so Entei will roam. Setting to 0x1 means you picked Squirtle, so Raikou will roam. Finally, setting to 0x2 means Charmander, so Suicune will roam. Without modifying the code, you can't have more than one roaming Pokemon at a given time.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2012
Miscolored Sprite

I'm not sure why, but whenever I go to a certain area in this gym one of the sprites I added becomes miscolored. I think it's taking on the palette of the sprite near it but I can't be completely sure. But sometimes it's in reverse and the other takes on the other palette. And the last thing I've seen once or twice is that the Blonde haired sprite will just disappear and reappear once I get close.

redriders180

Years
I'm not sure why, but whenever I go to a certain area in this gym one of the sprites I added becomes miscolored. I think it's taking on the palette of the sprite near it but I can't be completely sure. But sometimes it's in reverse and the other takes on the other palette. And the last thing I've seen once or twice is that the Blonde haired sprite will just disappear and reappear once I get close.

I've seen the first happen many times for me, and it usually has something to do with palettes. The game only has room to display 11 palettes at any given time, and ten of them are reserved (One palette for the hero, four for other OWs, one for hero in fog, and four for other OWs in fog), with one being variable. The consequence is that you can only have one of these variable ones on the screen at a time. So if you use multiple OWs with palettes that aren't palette number 0x0, 0x3, 0x4, 0x5, or 0x6, they end up taking on the other's color. I don't know if this applies to you, but I guess it's worth a shot

For the second, check that all the person event numbers to make sure they're al different. If two are the same, then the sprites dissapear and reappear when you get close, and their dialog is the same as well.

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2012
For the second, check that all the person event numbers to make sure they're al different. If two are the same, then the sprites dissapear and reappear when you get close, and their dialog is the same as well.

The person event numbers were the same as another's, so that fixed the disappearing. I haven't gotten around to switching the characters pallete's yet, but while I waited for an answer I decided to try and script a trainer (First time other than the gym leader). It works perfectly when I talk to him, but when he seems me strange symbols pop up. And he doesn't notice until the second time I pass by him.
Sorry if I'm attaching any irrelevant information. I'm just trying to make it as detailed as possible.

The script for him is :
Spoiler:

redriders180

Years
The person event numbers were the same as another's, so that fixed the disappearing. I haven't gotten around to switching the characters pallete's yet, but while I waited for an answer I decided to try and script a trainer (First time other than the gym leader). It works perfectly when I talk to him, but when he seems me strange symbols pop up. And he doesn't notice until the second time I pass by him.
Sorry if I'm attaching any irrelevant information. I'm just trying to make it as detailed as possible.

The script for him is :
Spoiler:

Well, I know the problem...your script is too complicated. When you mark a trainer as a "trainer" in A-map, that is, give it a view radius and check the "trainer" checkmark, the game does a few things. When you enter the view radius, the game checks the first command in the script, and it it isn't "trainerbattle blahblahblah", then it glitches up. Trainers don't need flags...all you need is this script:

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 TRAINER_NUMBER 0x0 @battleme @lose
msgbox @talk MSG_FACE
release
end

#org @battleme
= Hey.

#org @lose
= Well, I didn't see that coming.

#org @talk
= The gym leader is over there.

The game automatically ends the script once you win, so while the script above may seem to cause a trainerbattle, then a message, it actually just does the trainerbattle and thats it. Talking to the trainer after battling will just skip the "trainerbattle" and go to the msgbox command.

PS: Flags above 0x84B may run the risk of muddling up data you don't want muddled up. At least, my list of all flags in-game ends at 0x84B. Tread with caution...

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2012
Well, I know the problem...your script is too complicated. When you mark a trainer as a "trainer" in A-map, that is, give it a view radius and check the "trainer" checkmark, the game does a few things. When you enter the view radius, the game checks the first command in the script, and it it isn't "trainerbattle blahblahblah", then it glitches up. Trainers don't need flags...all you need is this script:

Spoiler:

The game automatically ends the script once you win, so while the script above may seem to cause a trainerbattle, then a message, it actually just does the trainerbattle and thats it. Talking to the trainer after battling will just skip the "trainerbattle" and go to the msgbox command.

PS: Flags above 0x84B may run the risk of muddling up data you don't want muddled up. At least, my list of all flags in-game ends at 0x84B. Tread with caution...

When you say put a checkmark, do you mean the $01 next to trainer? Because I feel like I'm missing something. :p. The only part of that script that I don't understand is the "MSG_Face" and I'm assuming it's something like the 0x6 boxset but I'm probably wrong. And that flags information is going to be helpful in the future, thanks.

redriders180

Years
When you say put a checkmark, do you mean the $01 next to trainer? Because I feel like I'm missing something. :p. The only part of that script that I don't understand is the "MSG_Face" and I'm assuming it's something like the 0x6 boxset but I'm probably wrong. And that flags information is going to be helpful in the future, thanks.

In A-map 1.92, it's a checkbox, while in 1.95, it's an $01. So they are synonymous.

I also assumed you had the newer version of XSE that doesn't use boxsets. Boxset 0x2 is the same as MSG_FACE, I think. MSG_FACE will include lock and faceplayer automatically, so you don't have to put lock and faceplayer in the script. Boxset 0x6, MSG_NORMAL in the newer XSE, doesn't lock or faceplayer automatically.

Years
A Little Help With unLZ?

So I finally find some new and different Moemon sprites in some hacked games somewhere online, and now unLZ GBA shows their sprites in a weird, kindof like negative color.
I had to use the 'Pocket Monsters' japanese version of Fire Red- could that be making this happen?
When I play the game the sprites look fine- none of this strange coloring. I just want to get the sprites out and have a set of sprites made up of my favorite Moemon customs. Any tips anyone?

Here's an example of what I see:
Untitled-2-1.jpg

Untitled-3-1.jpg

(Really sorry if the images are too big... I don't know all of the workings of this particular forum yet.)

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2012
In A-map 1.92, it's a checkbox, while in 1.95, it's an $01. So they are synonymous.

I also assumed you had the newer version of XSE that doesn't use boxsets. Boxset 0x2 is the same as MSG_FACE, I think. MSG_FACE will include lock and faceplayer automatically, so you don't have to put lock and faceplayer in the script. Boxset 0x6, MSG_NORMAL in the newer XSE, doesn't lock or faceplayer automatically.

Ahh, MSG_FACE seemed to work just fine for me. It's just become habit to type that stuff in though. Thanks for your help. You got me past my road blocks. :D

droomph

weeb
Years
So I finally find some new and different Moemon sprites in some hacked games somewhere online, and now unLZ GBA shows their sprites in a weird, kindof like negative color.
I had to use the 'Pocket Monsters' japanese version of Fire Red- could that be making this happen?
When I play the game the sprites look fine- none of this strange coloring. I just want to get the sprites out and have a set of sprites made up of my favorite Moemon customs. Any tips anyone?

Here's an example of what I see:
Untitled-2-1.jpg

Untitled-3-1.jpg

(Really sorry if the images are too big... I don't know all of the workings of this particular forum yet.)
Try messing with the pallets. Search up some pallet tutorials, we have some good ones.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2012
Hello you guys,

Today, I wanted to start some editing, since I played a few hacks every now and then and I wanted to try to make one myself. Well, I downloaded Advance Map, and for the scripts XSE. The problem here is, once I click 'Choose script editor' and choose XSE.exe, Advance Map suddenly comes with a note 'The program file does not exists or is not executable'.

Due to this I can't script (though I have no idea how to yet, but that is of later issue :p), does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Thom
Someone have a solution for this? It's really annoying for me.. ;_;

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
I'd go to download the last version of xse (1.11) ; if you already have it, so it may be a folder rights problem from windows. Just click right on you advance mal folder, properties and uncheck the read only checkbox if it is checked.

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2019
Hello everyone ! I having a problem , can I use Pokemon Shiny Gold X Tileset 1 ?
I can't get premission , DP tileset is beautiful , I need a Dp tileset rombase or a tileset 1 and .bvd , .pal file ( Important : DP PokeCenter , DP PokeMart , DP GYM and DP Tree Tileset ) . Everyone can give me a download link ? Please...Thank.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hello everyone ! I having a problem , can I use Pokemon Shiny Gold X Tileset 1 ?
I can't get premission , DP tileset is beautiful , I need a Dp tileset rombase or a tileset 1 and .bvd , .pal file ( Important : DP PokeCenter , DP PokeMart , DP GYM and DP Tree Tileset ) . Everyone can give me a download link ? Please...Thank.

You cannot use a ROM hack's tileset without the permission of the original owner, if you intend to publish it. Technically if you are just building something for your own amusement than it is allowed.

Have a look in the ROM Hacking Resources (a sticky in this forum section) for existing ROM-Bases which you may use, if you give the owners credit. If there you can't find one you can always insert your own tiles - there are tutorials in the 'Tutorial' forum.

Capitalist Ness

can't stump the trump
Years
@EDIT
Fixed.
But I'd like to know why it's happening.

Hello, Pokecommunity.
I have an another serious problem.
I wanted to test the battle in my hack.
It freezes at that moment.
Huz3L.png

I checked A-Trainer, and look what happened!
J6twA.png

Help! What does it mean? It crashes my A-Trainer. I checked things again, and I realized that there are two trainers that have this error!

This is a serious problem, I don't know how to fix it.
If it's impossible to fix, then maybe a hint how to not make this glitch happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back