• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

action replay?

Years
I have noticed in a you tube video that when the kid started up action replay DS, it said 'this product is not licensed or endorsed by nintendo'. That made me wonder... is it illegal to use action replay DS?

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
no its not illegal. it just that the nintendo inc. does not want anything to do with that, and it didnt make it. why would they want their consumers cheat on their games?

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2023
its not illegal to use the product, its just not guranteed by nintendo or made by the therefore they dont have anything to do with the product,
AR are somewhat useful to some members as they can help gain items but some people may misuse the AR and use it for hacking which is bad

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 14, 2009
I've heard that it can corrupt game data, this has put me off the thought of using it? Is this true?

Years
I've heard that it can corrupt game data, this has put me off the thought of using it? Is this true?

In some cases this is true. I have one, but i use it to get the rare items that i have no chance if getting.
I don't hack, just to say now haha. Too much effort. I haven't had anything corrupt my game, but it is at your own risk. I have both diamond and pearl, i get the items on Pearl and Transfer over to Diamond. So i don't care if Pearl gets corrupt because there is nothing on there. Again, it is up to the user and it can happen. :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 14, 2009
In some cases this is true. I have one, but i use it to get the rare items that i have no chance if getting.
I don't hack, just to say now haha. Too much effort. I haven't had anything corrupt my game, but it is at your own risk. I have both diamond and pearl, i get the items on Pearl and Transfer over to Diamond. So i don't care if Pearl gets corrupt because there is nothing on there. Again, it is up to the user and it can happen. :/

O.k. thank you. If I was to obtain one as such, I'd most likely do what you did and get my hands on Pokémon Pearl Version to use with it. But this is highly unlikely as in my opinion, if using it for your own benefits for battle purposes it wrecks the spirit of the game.

Back