• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Steps i followed for editing Ruby Titlescreen

1)opened unlz went to 80(goto) groudon picture imported indexed file of pokemon and write to rom

2)Selected nexti n unlz, rawdump opened tilset(indexed pokemon image) with NTME , open tilemap did copying and pasting to tilemap of image save tilemap

3)opened saved raw with unlz write to rom

I think Im not doing first step correctly!!

Someone pls help me!!

Btw no one replied to my previous post #12658 about national dex in Ruby

Is the question that difficult!!!!!

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Please. Is there a program other than Sebbe's Trainer Editor AND a hex editor that edits the rival's pokemon for Pokemon Diamond. Please.

How do I make a Shellder-based title screen without a hex editor? I know theres Intro Tweaker Gold but it gets an error right when i click on it.. Anyone know how to fix that?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
I edited the Cinnabar Island map in FireRed. I moved all events, including the script for the door being locked, to their corresponding places. Now, despite the fact that I don't have the Secret Key, I can still walk into Blaine's gym. I've checked to make sure that I put the script tile in the right place, and it's directly in front of the door, just like it was before. I haven't edited any of the scripts in Cinnabar Island. How do I fix this?

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2023
Ive asked this a few times but, no help hopefully someone can help me this time. Dose anybody know what the palette offset for the status bar(in battle) in Firered is?

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2010
this is gonna sound pretty dumb but im new to scripting decided to give it a try about 3 days ago i wanted to ask how do i make the scripts i write down stay for example ive been trying to make a sign post say something i have the code but when i close the scripter program it seems just to delete everything and when i open it again it say does nothin and erases everything help would be greatly appreciated this is the script i put it just so i can get a little of experience can you please put out the errors

#dynamic 0x740000

#org @start
msgbox @sign 0x3
end

#org @hello
= Entrance to the Zelix Forest

can you please pm me the answer since i wont probably have time to look through this thread tomorrow

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I'm wondering if anyone has made a rom hack of R/Y/B where all 151 pokemon were catchable in game. Everything else is the same.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
this is gonna sound pretty dumb but im new to scripting decided to give it a try about 3 days ago i wanted to ask how do i make the scripts i write down stay for example ive been trying to make a sign post say something i have the code but when i close the scripter program it seems just to delete everything and when i open it again it say does nothin and erases everything help would be greatly appreciated this is the script i put it just so i can get a little of experience can you please put out the errors

#dynamic 0x740000

#org @start
msgbox @sign 0x3
end

#org @hello

can you please pm me the answer since i wont probably have time to look through this thread tomorrow

You need to compile the script back into the rom, or else it won't save it. In XSE (which is what you should be using), you do this by clicking the button that has two gears on it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2010
You need to compile the script back into the rom, or else it won't save it. In XSE (which is what you should be using), you do this by clicking the button that has two gears on it.
k thanks got that but when i try to compile it it says error 13 "type mismatch" on line 5 missing dynamic label heres the script again

#org 0x740000
#dynamic 0x740000
#org @start
msgbox @sign 0x3
end

#org @Entrance

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
k thanks got that but when i try to compile it it says error 13 "type mismatch" on line 5 missing dynamic label heres the script again

#org 0x740000
#dynamic 0x740000
#org @start
msgbox @sign 0x3
end

#org @Entrance
either change msgbox @sign to msgbox @Entrance or #org @Entrance to #org @sign.

simonrule18

Iwant to create my own pokemon
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 18, 2013
hello
can any one tell how i can change english text to arabic text on pokemon advance text

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
thanks alot :D worked perfectly now is there a way to test it like for me to set it so i can start on that map?
If you mean 'how to test it ingame' then you need to add the script's offset to a certain person or script event (the green 's' blocks), or signs (the orange 's' blocks), on the 'offset' panel. Judging by your script, you need to add it to an orange 's' block, and then add that block on a signpost. Now, how do you add it...well, on the right menu, there's a value called 'offset'. Its default is $000000, keep the $ intact and add your offset number. Save and test it ingame. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back