• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] i speak thunderbolt

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years
rasleredit.png

thisisit.png

bonechill2.png

sweatbabyedit.png

comedianedit.png

liveitout.png

wat_zpsfc4d7c6e.png

secretsanta_zps0a857dcf.png

I'm not totally dead in the water :3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there!

I have no idea how this thread got so far down the list without anyone commenting! I'm so sorry! ;; Unfortunately, I'm not qualified at all to critique graphics. I just started my first tag last night! @_@; So I'm not going to have much of value to say, but let's see.

The best I can do is compare this to this, since they kind of have the same subject matter and appear to have similar effects. Now, it could just be the positioning, but I believe that this one looks a bit better. To me, it seems like it has more three dimensional and believable elements to it. The gun looks like it's coming towards me as opposed to this tag where the gun seems a little flat against the character. Both looks pretty awesome though!

I really like some of your color choices. This one, I think, has really great colors.. but the quality of the image seems to be a bit blurry so it's a little hard to see. Other than that, I really have nothing else in terms of "a critique" to say. I can say, however, that you're not an amateur, are you? Because to me, it looks like you've been doing this for a while. c: I really like how a lot of these came out, and I hope you continue to post more!

Well done!

Edit
: I swear I just have a smudge on my screen or something ;(

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
very nice tags. you're very good at getting the lighting effects perfect.
the first tag, i love the brightness. i just love everything bright.
some of the renders bother me because i feel like some of them could be more blended into the tag. some of the renders look like they've been put into the center.
i would add some text like you did with one of the tags, it looks very nice.
can't wait to see more.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
I'm very much liking these tags. Very nice use of C4Ds for spicing up the background and adding some sexy lighting.

On this tag I, again, like the way you used C4Ds in the background to incorporate the lighting. They go well with the focal as well, but I feel that the render stands out a bit too much, make sense? There also isn't much depth in it, as compared to this tag, but that's already been said so ^^;
I really do like your style, I just think maybe you could add some effects in front of your focal so that it doesn't look like it's just standing in front of a(very well made) background. Can't wait to see what else you come up with so please update often. :'D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I'll start by pointing out the obvious - Last banner's stock image is lq. If it isn't, well, it looks like it. Maybe due to excessive adjustments using curves or something. o3o; All the other tags do not have this problem, tho. :3 Not feeling the text in 'feel me' tag. Neither the font nor the placement works for me. Just feels a little disjointed compared to the rest of the tag, y'know? Apart from these two, I feel that you went a little too far as far as saturation of reds go in the first one. If I had to say which work of yours I feel is the weakest, I'd go with that. Just isn't appealing to the eye with the over-saturation of the monotonous colors.

Buut, with that outta the way, I'd like to state that I am a fan of some of the stuff that you've posted. I really like this one. Has some really good depth and lighting. Then there's this one which lacks the depth of the previous one but makes up for it with effects that complement the render really nicely. Appealing to the eye. <3; This one looks good due to the really nice flow in it. Although I think the c4ds near the bottom could've been erased. Just don't help the tag, in my opinion.

Buut if I remember correctly, quite a lot of your stuff in the past used to be really colorful. Like, really colorful. I'd love to see something of that sort. <3; Anyway, keep posting! I'm a fan! :DDD

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years
thanks, guys! the text on that "feel me" one was a request and that's what they wanted sooo I just let it happen.

I took a challenge (kinda) at my KH forum to only listen to one tag and make a tag and I hadn't made one in a while so I figured I'd take the opportunity to make something with a little different flair slash I needed to make s'more KH tags for said site so this is what came of it:

jackalope_zps88c1c2db.png

song is pyramids by frank ocean. I'd link but it's not PG :3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'll show some love! :D

But first, I'd love to hear a little back story on this and the ones that follow. I know you mentioned something about supporting KHI, but since I have no idea what that is... I'd like to know if they were specifically for an event or something? And the Disney character icons.. is those an extension of the same project? I'm just asking because I want to know if these were just for fun or if they were occupational. Personally, I'll always be a fan of minimalist, high color contrast advertisements like that. It's so eye grabbing and attention holding. Your Kingdom Hearts images really pop, you know? I love it when people can post stuff from "work" (not work in the traditional sense like the career you get paid for from 9 - 5, but work as in art that stems from an job you've been tasked with), because you can really see a level of thought behind it that isn't as obvious in art that's just for fun. I don't know, maybe it just hits my particular aesthetic high note, but I've always been such a big fan of heavily stylized graphics that still show restraint. Does that make any sense? :x

As for your new stuff, it really seems like your trying out new things. Are you? Because so far I like it! I have to be honest, I've never been a fan of heavy, realistic effects on anime tags. The two just seem to clash at their fundamental levels. But I can say I'm a fan of your latest two. You have such a highly developed eye for color and i love the fact that you've been using a lot of blues recently (at least, when compared to what you've posted here in the past), for no reason other than I like blue. :) Also, are you planning on adding text to those two? Because the positioning of this one is just begging for text, imo.

Ack, I'm just blabbering now. Dero always posts better graphic critiques than I do. ;( Overall though, I really like what I see. <33; Great work as always. :3

Zebra Thunderhead

the avenger
Years
KHI, or Kingdom Hearts Insider, is a KH forum that I've been a member of since '06 (that long already?!) and I've been on their Site Staff since about '08, doing graphics work. So basically they tell me what they need and I make it. For the most part, I've been just working on avatars, signatures, and wallpapers (for computers, iPhones, PSPs, Vitas, etc) for the site that people can download and use on the forum. so those interview banners are used on pages like this and this. we just recently revamped the site and forums and we're trying to maintain a clean, streamlined, colorful look throughout all of our graphics. I'm not sure on what else the banners will be used for aside from headers but they might show up on the main page when a new interview pops up. idk haha I just do what they tell me. but yes technically they were from work!

wasn't planning on adding text to the last one as it was a request but I can play around with it and post my results.

thanks for the kind words! :3

Years
wow i really love all your work, some colors are maybe a little eye-bleeding but it still looks awesome, also on those 2 new ones you posted i feel that a anime character on a realistic background makes the anime look a little out of place, but its still really good

Back