• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You make the Card!

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Which makes me wonder, why bother with False Start at all, then? If your opponent's monster is stronger than yours they'll usually attack you with it anyway (this is what makes Rush and Shrink good to begin with), so all you've really accomplished is add an additional -1 for yourself. Like I said, if it had some strong extra effect for that destruction it would be worth considering, but as it is...it's not really doing anything that your average opponent wouldn't do themselves anyway. If they're scared of face-downs they wouldn't enter the Battle Phase to begin with so you wouldn't get to play False Start, if they're not scared of face-downs then they'll attack anyway and run straight into Shrink/Rush without False Start's assistance. Either way, the card itself is irrelevant and doesn't affect the outcome in any way. Therefore: what does this card accomplish? As in, what is the situation where playing this will result in a different outcome than not playing this? Because I can't find a plausible one. o.O

It's this type of attitude I hate, because it makes me feel like I'm worthless, etc. Have you never, ever heard of fun? You're thinking only competitively, and therein lies why I hardly ever post here. That's the general mindset. That's why Pokémon is far better than Yu-Gi-Oh! will ever be. Everyone uses practically the same 40 cards these days, and I'm extremely sick of it. But in Pokémon, you encounter many different teams, many different strategies, and many different themes. With Yu-Gi-Oh!, it's basically just whomever can Tribute Summon their "Monarch" monsters first wins. I hate it more than you can possibly imagine. No, seriously, I do.

I play by theme. Screw your competition. It's a freaking game, OK? Games are made for entertainment, not necessarily competition. It's possible to play for fun. It's not like I am required by law to entire a Regionals tournament or something if I play a children's card game.

You know what? Screw it. Screw it all. Like I said before, my ideas are not appreciated here. They never were, regardless of what ACC-M thinks.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
It's this type of attitude I hate, because it makes me feel like I'm worthless, etc. Have you never, ever heard of fun? You're thinking only competitively, and therein lies why I hardly ever post here. That's the general mindset. That's why Pokémon is far better than Yu-Gi-Oh! will ever be. Everyone uses practically the same 40 cards these days, and I'm extremely sick of it. But in Pokémon, you encounter many different teams, many different strategies, and many different themes. With Yu-Gi-Oh!, it's basically just whomever can Tribute Summon their "Monarch" monsters first wins. I hate it more than you can possibly imagine. No, seriously, I do.

Wow, talk about faulty generalizations. Not everyone plays the same decks and there's usually at least some variations even between decks of the same archetype. Monarch pops up all the time because it's a steady decktype, a 'when in doubt, do this', but if everyone plays the same cards then where do you think all these new decktypes come from? Gadget was an innovation in its day, same for zombie rush, machine beatdown, perfect circle, and Skill Drain burn. (only one of those does monarchs, by the way) Even Monarch was an innovation way back then. The thing is, when an innovation turns out good, really good, there will inevitably be people who copy it simply because it works. I also love how you're saying that there's only one strategy when all the evidence points to the contrary. Take a look at the deck rates I have posted here (heck, take a look at the recent deck rates as a whole): is a single one of them a standard, competitive deck? <.<

No, they aren't, because we don't really do much mainstream here. But is it completely unreasonable for me to expect cards to actually work? Trying to twist debate on a card that basically does nothing into an argument about strategy (and fun, which, incidentally, I have a lot of with this game...when I don't end up in argument with whiners who can't stand that I actually want card choices to make sense) is absurd. And believe it or not, there's nothing new or innovative about pointless plays; people do them all the time.

I play by theme. Screw your competition. It's a freaking game, OK? Games are made for entertainment, not necessarily competition. It's possible to play for fun. It's not like I am required by law to entire a Regionals tournament or something if I play a children's card game.

You're the one who brought out the word 'competitive'; not me. Kindly stop arguing against points that no-one else has raised. :\ So sorry that I expect cards to, you know, actually do something? If I made a card that forced people to enter their draw phase each turn (and required you to have Rainbow Dragon, Gate Guardian, and Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth on the field to play it), would you hail it as the work of God? Somehow I doubt it. -.- There's a difference between tricky and just plain deficient. If I wanted to run a committed volcanic theme, I'd do it with the volcanic cards that actually serve a purpose. (namely, something centered around Doomfire)

You know what? Screw it. Screw it all. Like I said before, my ideas are not appreciated here. They never were, regardless of what ACC-M thinks.

As I recall, ACC mentioned that what wasn't appreciated is this defensive attitude, which you still persist on keeping. Not everyone will like every one of your ideas. Not everyone liked all the ideas I posted either. Dream Illusionist got some very harsh feedback but he did the right thing and focused on the point rather than the package. This is called DEALING WITH IT. Part of this thread is to improve on your ideas, you, on the other hand, seem to have come here with the assumption that everything you make is perfect right from the get go and I hate that attitude more than you can possibly imagine. No, seriously, I do. If you're so high strung that every piece of criticism towards your work comes through as a personal insult then I seriously have to question how much fun you're having.

Honestly, throwing another fit just because someone disagrees with you over a children's card game? Sheez...if you're this sensitive, why not just go play solitaire? <.<

Thanks for the tips. I was afraid of making the cards too powerful, and as a result I made them too weak. Figures. >>;

As for the wording, thanks for re-directing me to somewhere useful - all I used as basis for the above were my old Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, which are all quite outdated. As such... hopefully they'll be better now. As for the theme, hopefully I got it figured now. Your examples were quite useful, thanks.

Heh, I know what I mean (had precisely the same thing with my necro gadget set a while back :3). As for sources, well, like I've said YGO Wikia has pretty much every card ever printed, with the newest wordings on each card, so knock yourself out. Though...you'll probably want to check the cards from newer sets since the older ones don't always have modernized wordings. =O

Stellar Galaxy: Ohh...now this is nasty. Very nasty, in fact. Anything that isn't called D.D. Survivor will really have to think twice before hitting on an empty field. (Unless they have RftDD in the wings)

Mars, The Cosmic Gladiator: Ahh...now we're getting to the wording modernization. Nowadays you can just say '"Cosmic" Monster' rather than 'Monster with "Cosmic" in its name". Also, you can just say "this card can attack directly" so the 'your opponent's Life Points' bit is no longer necessary. Ehh...it's strong enough to beat down Stratos and Zombie Master without assistance (since the gladiator itself is a cosmic monster) and though the nomis are still kind of so-so, the ability to swing directly for 2200+ of your opponent's life points is a pretty tempting prospect.

Venus, The Cosmic Lover: You don't need to say 'card' in that first effect. Ehh...the original was more useful, actually. The only way to get this without tribute is to summon it in attack (which is asking for poor Venus to get...actually, let's not get into that one. Decency in children's card games. xD), and on the field it's not really doing anything that spectacular since your opponent will most likely destroy or spin the nomis by card effect rather than battle them. I'd say drop to 2200 Def and make it 4-star. That way cosmic can at least use this as a steady wall. Heck, you could make it 2000 and return the old flip effect (It's not like we're doing anything bigger than Gravekeeper's Spy). The protection effect could be extended to cover card effects too. :3

Pluto, The Cosmic Reaper: Only complaint is how it's sort of odd that one is removed and the others destroyed. If you intended to remove all of them you could try something like "Select one Monster on your opponent's Field and an additional Monster for each "Luna, The Cosmic Sorceress" and "Sol, The Cosmic Knight" on your Field then remove th selected cards from play.".

Saturn, The Cosmic Hourglass: in a way you made it stronger. A deck with a one-sided Jinzo isn't shy about using trap cards, and this lets them plunk it out on turn one with an average starting hand (and without expending a normal summon too). The major problem here is the one-sidedness. This...also doesn't quite seem to fit in with the rest of the set. Maybe make it mess around with your opponents traps in a way that includes the other cosmics somehow? (like, make it so cosmic monsters can't be target by traps or something) :3

Mercury, The Cosmic Messenger: "If there a Field Spell other than "Stellar Galaxy" is face-up on the Field, destroy it and add one "Stellar Galaxy" from your Deck to your Hand." Fair enough. Since the field is now strong it gives this some actual usefulness too.

Luna and Sol: better. One problem, though: with the current wording Sun's Radiance and Moon's Tear won't work since both of those can only be summoned by their own effects. Just add a "ignoring summoning conditions" clause to the end of both spells and it's remedied. Also, a small wording update for the destruction effects: "Once per turn, if "Insert monster name here" is on your Field, you may select one Monster on your opponent's field and destroy it...etc."

Well, there's improvement definitely. These are still lacking in support cards, though, and their current collection of monsters makes it sort of hard to create a solid deck. (I mean, they essentially have only two non-tributes capable of beating face and no clear opening plays) A few low-level cosmics and some nifty cosmic spells and traps to round it off (search, draw, summon, protection, whatever floats your boat. S/T removal would be nice, though) would be helpful, though I'm still slightly confused as to what the cosmic thing is (other than getting power-ups from Luna and Sol). But eh...it's your set. :3

Aaanyhow, since I don't feel like leaving this post without a card of my own:

Royal Family Archives
Field Spell

This card is treated as "Court of Nobles". Each time a "Curran", "Pikeru", or "Royal" Monster is Summoned successfully, place one Heredity Counter on this card. When Normal Summoning a Level 5 or higher "Royal" Monster, you may remove any multiple of 2 Heredity Counters from this card to reduce the number of tributes required for the summon by one for every two counters you removed. By removing 3 Heredity Counters from this card, you may tribute one "Ebon Magician Curran" or "White Magician Pikeru" from your Field. If you tributed "Ebon Magician Curran", Special Summon one "Princess Curran" from your Deck, ignoring summoning conditions. If you tributed "White Magician Pikeru", Special Summon one "Princess Pikeru" from your Deck, ignoring summoning conditions. By tributing this card with 5 or more Heredity Counters on it and one "Princess Curran" or "Princess Pikeru" on your Field, Special Summon one level 8 Monster that designates the tributed Monster in its card effect from your Hand or Deck, ignoring summoning conditions.

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
You know, seeing that card just helped me realize that Royal Magical Library would get a stat boost from court of nobles. *zoing*

Hmm... I think the theme with the Cosmic monsters is that something is always being removed from the game, so they'd probably fit the same sort of niche that Macro Cosmos does with a few more supports. As of right now, all current cards are accepted by RP master ACC-M as legal for the RP providing that changes are made as suggested in order to correct the overpowered Saturn. (Actually, I'm wondering whether the best thing to balance that ability would be to make it so that he only blocks traps when in face-up attack position. You could combo him with Mist Body or Heart of Clear Water, both of which are never-used-competitively favorite cards of mine, and he'd still be able to wall. Problem is that you're now open to take hits from your opponent. Eh... AE's suggestion is good too, though.)

My own cards shall rise again!

Yokai Saru
Monster/Fire/Beast/Effect/4*
Atk 1300/ Def 1500
Once during your main phase you may tribute this monster in order to select one card in your graveyard mentioning "Yokai" monsters in its card text and add it to your hand.

Yokai Tori
Monster/Wind/Winged Beast/Effect/3*
Atk 1200/ Def 1300
Once during your main phase, tribute this monster in order to remove from play monsters in the opponent's graveyard equal to the number of "Yokai" monsters on your side of the field.

Heh... love the Yokais. Still my absolute favorite set. :3

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
You know, seeing that card just helped me realize that Royal Magical Library would get a stat boost from court of nobles. *zoing*

I did too, actually. I've actually been toying with the idea of putting Library in one of Tacey's decks if I ever manage to make one that won't be filled to the brim with traps. x3

Yokai Saru: Ohh...whether you know it or not, you have just created a new way to drag out Yokai Mountain. Reverse toolbox field search ftw! ^0^ This recurs the supports and a good number of the yokais themselves too, so good card. Definitely something that any devoted Yokai deck should run. :3

Yokai Tori: Ehh...this could do with a power up, I think. Since the Yokais do their thing by tributing themselves, there usually aren't that many of them on the field (unless you have your whole Mountain and King of Yokai jazz going on), which sort of limits this. I'd say you could raise this to 1600-1700 range to give it a little usefulness even when you draw it at a less-than-optimal time.

Aaaanyways, I just came up with a sappy, YGO animeish thing for a certain subplot:

Unity of Family
Quick-Play Spell

Select one Monster on the Field, the effect of which has Special Summoned at least one other Monster on your Field, then select and activate one of the following:
- The Atk and Def of the Monster you selected and all Monsters Special Summoned by the effect of the selected Monster becomes their combined Atk and Def until the end of the turn. Monsters Special Summoned by the effect of the selected Monster can not attack on the turn this effect is activated.
- When the selected Monster would be destroyed, you may destroy a Monster Special Summoned by the effect of that Monster instead.
- If the selected Monster switches controllers this turn, all Monsters Special Summoned by the effect of that Monster also switch controllers.

Cookie if you can guess what I have in mind. xD

Last edited:

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Spoiler:

The above spoiler is for Alter Ego.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Ok, it's one thing trying to counterpoint statements, but then turning it against the world? I'd also like to note that this report was NOT by anyone active from this area of the forums.

as an addition, Alter Ego HAS made good comments on one, if not some of your cards.

Another thing, first impressions are very important. introducing yourself into this thead with this line : "do not edit my cards, no matter what the circumstances. Period." kind of made this thread look down on you from the beginning.

As another point, these latest posts you've made have been completely empty of new cards. Sure the thought process you have is a "nobody appreciates my cards" like before, but every time Alter Ego made a counter-point it was either cuz he was reenforcing one of his criticisms or he added a card in addition at the end

Finally, instead of sending a PM or something, you have to make this rant public to everyone

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Ok, it's one thing trying to counterpoint statements, but then turning it against the world? I'd also like to note that this report was NOT by anyone active from this area of the forums.

I'll explain. Look below.

as an addition, Alter Ego HAS made good comments on one, if not some of your cards.

It's not what he said. It's how he said it.

Another thing, first impressions are very important. introducing yourself into this thead with this line : "do not edit my cards, no matter what the circumstances. Period." kind of made this thread look down on you from the beginning.

That was years ago. One would think that people would have forgotten me.

As another point, these latest posts you've made have been completely empty of new cards. Sure the thought process you have is a "nobody appreciates my cards" like before, but every time Alter Ego made a counter-point it was either cuz he was reenforcing one of his criticisms or he added a card in addition at the end

Finally, instead of sending a PM or something, you have to make this rant public to everyone

That was the entire point. Now everyone who reads it will understand where I come from, and hopefully either leave me alone or be a bit nicer to me. I do not hesitate to attack those I see as enemies, and Alter Ego is one of them.

Honestly, if my cards are so worthless, I must be as well. Did you even stop to think that maybe the cards I make mirror who I am?

Go on, admit it. I'm worthless, and everyone hates me. The whole lot of you would rather I just go kill myself, right?

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I think I already answered that question over PM, Waker, but personally I'd rather you didn't kill yourself over what I perceived as constructive criticism for fake children's trading cards. 0_o Anyway, AE is a critic and not an enemy. Notice that everything we've said isn't directed towards you personally, just your fake cards and your attitude. I mean, isn't the purpose of this thread to get better? If you stink now, just accept criticism. You'll eventually get better and then you'll be the one criticizing. As for AE's comments earlier... competitive mindset isn't so much what's here as playability. If your cards aren't able to be played effectively, they generally aren't very good. Oh well, life goes on.

Er... less angsting more fake carding, peoples?

The Dirty Frog
Monster/Water/Aqua/Gemini/4*
Atk 1600/ Def 1300
*INSERT GEMINI TEXT HERE*
-When this monster destroy's an opponent's monster as a result of battle, select one trap card from your deck and add it to your hand. The selected card cannot be set on the turn it is added to your hand.

Hmm... broken or not? That is the question.

Team Attack
Quickplay spell
Select two monsters in Adjacent zones. Increase the attack of one monster by the original Atk of the other monster until the end phase of this turn.

Sort of an improved covering fire, which I believe only works on the opponent's turn. I dunno... maybe a little thematic?

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
I think I already answered that question over PM, Waker, but personally I'd rather you didn't kill yourself over what I perceived as constructive criticism for fake children's trading cards. 0_o Anyway, AE is a critic and not an enemy. Notice that everything we've said isn't directed towards you personally, just your fake cards and your attitude. I mean, isn't the purpose of this thread to get better? If you stink now, just accept criticism. You'll eventually get better and then you'll be the one criticizing. As for AE's comments earlier... competitive mindset isn't so much what's here as playability. If your cards aren't able to be played effectively, they generally aren't very good. Oh well, life goes on.

I thought the purpose was to post custom cards, not to have them judged by competitive critics.

Er... less angsting more fake carding, peoples?

The Dirty Frog
Monster/Water/Aqua/Gemini/4*
Atk 1600/ Def 1300
While this card is face-up on the field or in the Graveyard, it is treated as a Normal Monster. While you control this face-up card, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with this effect.
-When this monster destroy's an opponent's monster as a result of battle, select one trap card from your deck and add it to your hand. The selected card cannot be set on the turn it is added to your hand.

Hmm... broken or not? That is the question.

Team Attack
Quickplay spell
Select two monsters in Adjacent zones. Increase the attack of one monster by the original Atk of the other monster until the end phase of this turn.

Sort of an improved covering fire, which I believe only works on the opponent's turn. I dunno... maybe a little thematic?

I edited your first card in case someone who reads it doesn't know about the Gemini Monsters yet.

Team Attack should prevent the non-powered-up monster from attacking in that turn.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
I thought about that, but I realized that it would downgrade the usefulness of the card. It's already slightly situational because it requires the monsters to be Adjacent, so switching it would just turn the card into a situational Shrink. Besides, if we're talking thematics it's loosely based on the Disgaea battle mechanic which allows adjacent characters to perform team attacks without forcing one character to forfeit their action for the turn, so it wouldn't really make sense one way or another.

As for the purpose of this thread, yes, you're allowed to post custom cards. However, you also are allowed to share your views on other people's cards. If I think a card is junky, I'll say so. What you do with that is entirely up to you. I mean, you could ignore my CC and move on to the next card batch. It won't make you any friends but it may cut down on the amount of conflicts you spark. Myself, I'll use my CC to get better. After all, I'd love a job designing trading cards almost as much as a job as an editor. (Fweeness!)

Speaking of Criticism...

The Dark Critic
Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/4*
Atk 1900/ Def 1200
This monster cannot be special summoned. When this monster is normal summoned or flip summoned, your opponent is not allowed to tribute monsters for two turns. On the end phase of a turn that this monster was sent to the graveyard by a card effect, you may discard one card to add it to your hand.

Monarchs, cry your little hearts out. LaDD, stand down. You've been owned. XD

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
I thought about that, but I realized that it would downgrade the usefulness of the card. It's already slightly situational because it requires the monsters to be Adjacent, so switching it would just turn the card into a situational Shrink. Besides, if we're talking thematics it's loosely based on the Disgaea battle mechanic which allows adjacent characters to perform team attacks without forcing one character to forfeit their action for the turn, so it wouldn't really make sense one way or another.

I know nothing of Disgaea, so it's only natural I missed this. Okay, it's fine as is then.

As for the purpose of this thread, yes, you're allowed to post custom cards. However, you also are allowed to share your views on other people's cards. If I think a card is junky, I'll say so. What you do with that is entirely up to you. I mean, you could ignore my CC and move on to the next card batch. It won't make you any friends but it may cut down on the amount of conflicts you spark. Myself, I'll use my CC to get better. After all, I'd love a job designing trading cards almost as much as a job as an editor. (Fweeness!)

Speaking of Criticism...

The Dark Critic
Monster/Dark/Warrior/Effect/4*
Atk 1900/ Def 1200
This monster cannot be special summoned. When this monster is normal summoned or flip summoned, your opponent is not allowed to tribute monsters for two turns. On the end phase of a turn that this monster was sent to the graveyard by a card effect, you may discard one card to add it to your hand.

Monarchs, cry your little hearts out. LaDD, stand down. You've been owned. XD

Congratulations! About 90% of the competitive Yu-Gi-Oh! population now DESPISES YOU ENOUGH TO MURDER!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Ahem.

Okay, I'm going to make some parody cards now.

Dude, Where's my Car?!
Normal Spell
Declare the name of this card. Go outside with your opponent and have him or her point out your car. You take 1000 damage. This card cannot be Chained to.

Take Aim
Normal Spell
Select 1 card on the field.

Magician of Hokey Pokey
DARK Spellcaster-Type/Effect
Level 4 ATK 1000 DEF 1000

When this card is Normal Summoned, put your left foot in, then put your left foot out, then put your left foot in, and shake it all about. Then do the Hokey Poke and turn yourself around. That's what it's all about!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Alright, already...

I am, indeed, a true anti-Christ. I am what makes your ankle twist, ruins your social life, puts the IRS on your case and gives your grandmother breast cancer. The sole reason for my existence is to kill you and put your immortal soul into a worse shape than a porcelain teacup smashed by Chuck Norris and I do this by posting criticism in a thread on a pokémon forum, the purpose of which is making fake cards for a children's card game. My hobbies include kicking puppies, being your mortal enemy, goading people to commit suicide over MySpace, and talking about buttsex with my Smogon flame buddies.

Is there anything else you'd like to accuse me of?

Honestly, let perspective into your life. You've been insulting me at every turn in goodness knows how many ways, has it ever occurred to you that this might affect my tone towards you just a teensy-weensy little bit? So you don't like your life, I get it, but just what the heck does that have to do with me? It's not all fun and sunshine for me either, you know. My grandmother also had breast cancer, my grandfather died a slow and painful death from grenade-fragment induced wound, I was bullied through the entirety of elementary school and had to go through three years of psychotherapy to get my damn life in order, my best friends from school went to completely different high schools and I lost contact with them, I broke my wrist once and had to spend over a year with the whole arm in plaster casing, and I have half a year of compulsory military service ahead of me (as in starting tomorrow) even though I don't even like our armed forces. I don't see any honeyed responses from your part with regards to that, so I find it decidedly odd that you expect me to do that for you (especially when, believe it or not, I haven't stalked out your detailed personal history to find these things out). Want people to treat you better? Then start treating them better first, because only someone of saintly patience will be able to sit there and take all the abuse you're handing out and then give you sympathy in return. I'd also suggest that you stop acting like the world owes you something, because even if it does it's not going to pay you back. D=

I don't hate you. Heck, I barely know you so there's not enough to go on to establish such strong emotions. I've never wished anyone dead either. If anything, I'm just maintaining a vague hope that you'd stop exploding into a rant about souls, unfairness of life, and mass genocide every time someone disagrees with you. There's a difference between critic and enemy, you know. When I say I don't like the card then I mean that I don't like the card, no more, no less. If I wanted it said that I don't like you or your soul, I'd say just that :\

So yeah, basically I'm going to echo your own advice at you: please refrain from trying to analyze what I do in the future. You clearly don't know me well enough to be accurate about it.

That is all. Now can we please lay this emo business to rest and get back to the topic?

The Dirty Frog: Eh, I see no issues balance-wise. I mean, we have geminis that are essentially repeated-use, limited-target Monster Reborns (Gigaplant and Il Blud, anyone?), and there's a fair bit of trap search already in existence. (in terms of speed this isn't that different from Cat of Ill Omen) There's one problem, though; how do you monitor the 'don't set' clause? With Gifts of the Fey, the cards were kept in permanent reveal so that solved that, but say you searched out Solemn Judgment with this and then already had another Solemn in your Hand. How would your opponent be able to check that the one you searched is still in your hand? It might seem a tad banal, but there could be...issues. o.o How about having it set the card on the field and prevent the set from being activated before your next turn (or the end of your next turn, if you want the tempo to be identical). That way the clause can be enforced by the card's position on the field. But yeah, I like this simply because I'm such a sucker for trap cards. :3

Team Attack: ehh...that should be "Monster Card Zones" (or, optionally, columns), I think. Small nitpick, but staying loyal to wording practice and all that, you know. Anyways, yay for senet cards. Not sure how good the profit on this card really is, but I suppose if you have a deck that's good at getting multiple monsters on the field quick...

The Dark Critic: definite monarch hate, and that's not even getting into what Light and Darkness Dragon thinks about this. Zombie, Big City, Gadget, SD Burn and most other builds don't much care, though. It does delay Crush Card, though. Good, splashable card. The return effect might be a bit over-the-top, though.

Anyways, something from the realm of good old weirdness:

Dramatic Proclamation
Quick-Play Spell

This card can only be activated if your opponent is one turn away from defeating you as the result of a needlessly elaborate and ultimately deficient strategy and is clearly evil and/or morally corrupt. Hold a speech about the heart of the cards, true dueling, and honor in children's card games. If your speech lasted for five minutes or more, discard your Hand and add one "Miraculous Topdeck" from your Deck to the top of your Deck.

Friendship Speech
Normal Spell

Remove all other cards in your Hand on your Field from play face-down and skip your next five Draw Phases to activate this card. Put on a falsetto voice then hold a speech about the value of friendship. When you stop to draw breath or drop the falsetto voice, your speech ends. If your speech lasted for fifteen minutes or more and you cried at any point of the speech, your opponent must surrender the duel.

Miraculous Topdeck
Normal Spell

If you draw this card other than as the result of a Card Effect and there are no other cards in your Hand, reveal this card in your Hand to your opponent and discard it in order to select one card from your Deck and add it to your Hand. When this card is activated, guess the name of the top card of your Deck then reveal it. If you guessed right, add the card you revealed to your Hand, if you guessed wrong, remove the card you revealed from play face-down and lose 1000 Life Points.

Aaand something that could -- theoretically speaking -- be played:

Final Blast
Normal Spell

This card can only be activated when the number of cards in your Deck is 30 or less. Discard your Deck then inflict Damage to your opponent equal to 100 x the number of cards discarded by this effect.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Alright, already...

I am, indeed, a true anti-Christ. I am what makes your ankle twist, ruins your social life, puts the IRS on your case and gives your grandmother breast cancer. The sole reason for my existence is to kill you and put your immortal soul into a worse shape than a porcelain teacup smashed by Chuck Norris and I do this by posting criticism in a thread on a pokémon forum, the purpose of which is making fake cards for a children's card game. My hobbies include kicking puppies, being your mortal enemy, goading people to commit suicide over MySpace, and talking about buttsex with my Smogon flame buddies.

Is there anything else you'd like to accuse me of?

Yes. Being extremely sarcastic.

Honestly, let perspective into your life. You've been insulting me at every turn in goodness knows how many ways, has it ever occurred to you that this might affect my tone towards you just a teensy-weensy little bit? So you don't like your life, I get it, but just what the heck does that have to do with me? It's not all fun and sunshine for me either, you know. My grandmother also had breast cancer, my grandfather died a slow and painful death from grenade-fragment induced wound, I was bullied through the entirety of elementary school and had to go through three years of psychotherapy to get my damn life in order, my best friends from school went to completely different high schools and I lost contact with them, I broke my wrist once and had to spend over a year with the whole arm in plaster casing, and I have half a year of compulsory military service ahead of me (as in starting tomorrow) even though I don't even like our armed forces. I don't see any honeyed responses from your part with regards to that, so I find it decidedly odd that you expect me to do that for you (especially when, believe it or not, I haven't stalked out your detailed personal history to find these things out). Want people to treat you better? Then start treating them better first, because only someone of saintly patience will be able to sit there and take all the abuse you're handing out and then give you sympathy in return. I'd also suggest that you stop acting like the world owes you something, because even if it does it's not going to pay you back. D=

I don't hate you. Heck, I barely know you so there's not enough to go on to establish such strong emotions. I've never wished anyone dead either. If anything, I'm just maintaining a vague hope that you'd stop exploding into a rant about souls, unfairness of life, and mass genocide every time someone disagrees with you. There's a difference between critic and enemy, you know. When I say I don't like the card then I mean that I don't like the card, no more, no less. If I wanted it said that I don't like you or your soul, I'd say just that :\

So yeah, basically I'm going to echo your own advice at you: please refrain from trying to analyze what I do in the future. You clearly don't know me well enough to be accurate about it.

That is all. Now can we please lay this emo business to rest and get back to the topic?

I'll assume this is your way of calling a truce. I accept.

Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS
Level 4 ATK 1850 DEF 1300

When you Normal Summon this card, select 1 "Red Ideya of Courage" from your Deck and add it to your hand. When this card is shuffled back into your Deck to Special Summon a Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck that lists this card as a Fusion Material Monster, when the Special Summoned Fusion Monster is removed from the field, Special Summon this card from your Deck in Attack Position. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Only 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS" can exist on the field at a time, except by the effect of "Double Dualization".

Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala
Level 4 ATK 1800 DEF 1300

When you Normal Summon this card, your opponent discards 1 "Ideya" card from his or her hand, other than "Red Ideya of Courage", unless "Red Ideya of Courage" is the only "Ideya" card in your opponent's hand. When this card is destroyed by battle, by discarding 1 card from your hand during your next Standby Phase, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Only 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala" can exist on the field at a time.

Creator of Nightmare - Wizeman
DARK Fiend-Type/Effect
Level 8 ATK 2800 DEF 1700

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala" and 2 "Level 2 Nightmaren" monsters you control. This card cannot be destroyed, except by battle. Once per turn, you can select and activate up to 2 of these effects. • Select 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS" and control it until the end of this turn. • Special Summon 1 "Nightmaren" monster, other than "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS", from your hand, Deck, or Removed Zone. • Your opponent randomly discards 1 "Ideya" card from his or her hand.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Queen Bella
DARK Insect-Type/Effect
Level 6 ATK 2300 DEF 1000

This card is cannot be destroyed by battle the first time it battles this turn.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Garania
DARK Rock-Type/Effect

This card's Type is also treated as Fish-Type. When this card is destroyed by battle, Special Summon as many "Garania Balloon Tokens" as possible in Attack Position, however you cannot Special Summon more "Garania Balloon Tokens" than those that were remaining at the End Phase of the turn they were Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn you Special Summoned "Garania Balloon Tokens", destroy the remaining ones and Special Summon this card in Defense Position from your Graveyard or Removed Zone.

I need help with the wording here. It's supposed to be as many as possible at first, but you have to keep track of the "Garania Balloon Tokens" that remain at the End Phase of the turn you Special Summoned them. You can't Special Summon more than what remained.

Garania Balloon Token
DARK Rock-Type
Level 1 ATK 0 DEF 0

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Garania". This Token's Type is also treated as Fish-Type.

This is how Monster Token cards should be printed, in my opinion.

I can't remember the other bosses well, and I can't think of what the "Ideya" cards should do, so that's it for now.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Funny cards? Did somebody say... funny cards? XD

Nightmarens: Not easy to talk about the set without the supports, so I can't tell whether it's workable or not. Wizeman is obviously the major Nomi of the set but it has a powerful effect akin to "Man in the Black Cape" from a few pages back so it's definitely got some use. I say bump it up to 2900 so that LaDD doesn't suicide into it at full power. I'm a little curious about the "Ideya" cards. Do they add themselves to an opponent's hand, thus ensuring that you can have fun with the effects of Reala? And what if they deal damage when discarded? If so, fun little decktype to experiment with.

I'm feeling a bit silly, so...

FRIENDSHIP IS THE BEST THING EVAR!!!
Counter Trap
This card can only be chained to the effect of a "Friendship Speech" controlled by you or your opponent. Special summon "Friendship Mindslaves" equal to the number of monsters your opponent controls.

Friendship Mindslave
Monster/Dark/Zombie/4*
Atk 1900/ Def 1300
"Must... Get... Friends...... Must... Get... Friends...."

"Brainwashing People is Fun!"
Counter Trap
This card can only be chained to the effect of "FRIENDSHIP IS THE BEST THING EVAR!!!" Destroy cards on the opponent's field equal to the number of "Friendship Mindslaves" on the field.

"It Seems We Have More in Common Then I Thought!"
Counter Trap
This card can only be chained to the effect of "Brainwashing People is Fun!". Special summon one "King of Card Games" and one "Ditzy Friendship Queen" from your hand, deck, or graveyard.

King of Card Games
Monster/Dark/Spellcaster/Effect/6*
Atk ????/ Def ????
This card's original Atk and Def are equal to the number of cards with "Friendship" or "Topdeck" in their names or card texts in both players' graveyards x400. Once per turn, you may add a "Miraculous Topdeck" or "Dramatic Proclamation" from your graveyard or deck to your hand.

Ditzy Friendship Queen
Monster/Light/Spellcaster/Effect/6*
Atk ????/ Def ????
This monster's Atk and Def are equal to the power of Friendship. Once per turn, you may activate the effect of a "Friendship Speech" in your graveyard.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
According to the story, when we sleep, we visit an alternate realm known as the Night Dimension. You might call it the World of Dreams, but it's just as real as the waking world. There, we are known as Visitors, and our hearts contain five different Ideya to start. Red is courage, blue is intelligence, white is purity, yellow is hope, and green is growth. The Nightmarens ambush and steal Ideya from Visitors in an attempt to invade and destroy the paradise those Ideya create, Nightopia. We end up spending our time in the dark realm of Nightmare if we lose all five Ideya. However, if you still have even one Ideya remaining, you can enter Nightopia and hunt down the Ideya you need to reclaim. Nightopia is also known as a place that is created by your heart, and thus reflects your heart.

These are the cards I've already posted, plus Wizeman was fixed.

Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS
Level 4 ATK 1850 DEF 1300

When you Normal Summon this card, select 1 "Red Ideya of Courage" from your Deck and add it to your hand. When this card is shuffled back into your Deck to Special Summon a Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck that lists this card as a Fusion Material Monster, when the Special Summoned Fusion Monster is removed from the field, Special Summon this card from your Deck in Attack Position. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Only 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS" can exist on the field at a time, except by the effect of "Double Dualization".

Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala
Level 4 ATK 1800 DEF 1300

When you Normal Summon this card, your opponent discards 1 "Ideya" card from his or her hand, other than "Red Ideya of Courage", unless "Red Ideya of Courage" is the only "Ideya" card in your opponent's hand. When this card is destroyed by battle, by discarding 1 card from your hand during your next Standby Phase, you can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. Only 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala" can exist on the field at a time.

Creator of Nightmare - Wizeman
DARK Fiend-Type/Effect
Level 8 ATK 2900 DEF 1700

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - Reala" and 2 "Level 2 Nightmaren" monsters you control. This card cannot be destroyed, except by battle. Once per turn, you can select and activate up to 2 of these effects. • Select 1 "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS" and control it until the end of this turn. • Special Summon 1 "Nightmaren" monster, other than "Level 1 Nightmaren - NiGHTS", from your hand, Deck, or Removed Zone. • Your opponent randomly discards 1 "Ideya" card from his or her hand.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Queen Bella
DARK Insect-Type/Effect

This card is cannot be destroyed by battle the first time it battles this turn.

The idea here was to take the silk balls she dropped and fire them at the platforms she was on to break them, making her fall into the fire beneath you.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Garania
DARK Rock-Type/Effect

This card's Type is also treated as Fish-Type. When this card is destroyed by battle, Special Summon as many "Garania Balloon Tokens" as possible in Attack Position, however you cannot Special Summon more "Garania Balloon Tokens" than those that were remaining at the End Phase of the turn they were Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn you Special Summoned "Garania Balloon Tokens", destroy the remaining ones and Special Summon this card in Defense Position from your Graveyard or Removed Zone.

In this fight, Garania would swim in the stone path beneath you, then leap at you and try to eat you. You, Dualized with NiGHTS, would grab onto Garania and slam him, which caused him to become a group of balloons that would slowly come together to reform Garania. You had to use the Paraloop to get rid of all the balloons to win.

Garania Balloon Token
DARK Rock-Type
Level 1 ATK 0 DEF 0

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Garania". This Token's Type is also treated as Fish-Type.

That said, it's time for the next few cards.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Donbalon
DARK Fiend-Type/Effect

When this card would be destroyed by battle, place it in your Spell & Trap Card Zone face-up; it is treated as a Continuous Trap Card. If this card is face-up in your Spell & Trap Card when your opponent attacks directly, Special Summon this card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone in Attack Position, and redirect that attack to this card. This effect can only be used three times. After the third time these effects are used, this card's effects are negated.

He's a balloon monster, so I thought I'd make him bounce back.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Chamelan
DARK Reptile-Type/Effect
Level 6 ATK 0 DEF 2300

When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, remove it from play. When your opponent declares a direct attack, Special Summon this card from your Removed Zone and destroy the attacking monster. If this card battles in the same turn it was Special Summoned by this effect, destroy this card.

The boss fight was basically NiGHTS making Paraloops to cut holes in a spatial distortion in order to reveal Chamelan, which would destroy him. However, Chamelan would often use playing card monsters and large bombs to try and kill NiGHTS.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Cerberus
DARK Beast-Type/Effect
Level 7 ATK 2500 DEF 1000

This card's Type is also treated as Thunder-Type. This card cannot exist in the far-left nor far-right Monster Card Zone. When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, destroy any monsters you control that occupy Monster Card Zones adjacent to this card, and Special Summon 1 "Nightmaren - Fire Cerberus Token" and 1 "Nightmaren - Ice Cerberus Token" to the Monster Card Zones adjacent to this card in Attack Position. If your opponent's monster declares an attack on this card, up to twice per turn, redirect that attack to a "Cerberus Token". When this card is destroyed, destroy all "Cerberus Tokens" you control.

Nightmaren - Fire Cerberus Token
DARK Beast-Type/Effect

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Cerberus". This Token must attack whenever possible, but cannot attack directly. This Token's Attribute is also treated as FIRE.

Nightmaren - Ice Cerberus Token
DARK Beast-Type/Effect

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Cerberus". This Token must attack whenever possible, but cannot attack directly. This Token's Attribute is also treated as WATER.

In this fight, NiGHTS had to dodge the attacking ice and fire heads of Cerberus as it chased him down. They were chained together by a chain with a golden ball in the middle, from which an electrical third head with spikes would spawn. The idea was to grab this ball before the third head materialized, and chuck it so that the ice and fire heads would clash. However, the Rocket Persona was needed for its speed. In the game, Cerberus is heralded as one of the most powerful Nightmarens. Even Reala fears it.

Level 2 Nightmaren - Bomamba
Level 6 ATK 2200 DEF 1400

When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, destroy all monsters you control other than this card, then Special Summon as many "Nightmaren - Yarn Cat Tokens" in Attack Position as possible. Your opponent's monsters cannot attack this card. Destroy this card when you do not control any "Yarn Cat Tokens".

Nightmaren - Yarn Cat Token
DARK Beast-Type/Effect
Level 1 ATK 1000 DEF 0

This Token is Special Summoned by the effect of "Level 2 Nightmaren - Bomamba". This card cannot be attacked by an opponent's monster in the same column as this card. When your opponent's monster attacks this card, activate one of these effects based on how far apart this Token and the attacking monster are. • 1 column apart: This card will not be destroyed by battle by this attack. • 2 columns apart: Switch this card's battle position. • 3 columns apart: If the ATK of the attacking monster is higher than this Token's DEF, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to yourself. • Destroy this card and take damage equal to the ATK of the attacking monster.

In this fight, NiGHTS had to tilt a table to make the feline Nightmarens fall through holes in the table. Getting rid of them ball destroyed Bomamba.

And that's it for Level 2 Nightmarens. There are no more.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Monster Cards:

Name: Rinku LV4
Attribute: EARTH
Type: Warrior/Effect
Level: 4
ATK: 1500
DEF: 700
Effect: Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card successfully inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, during your next Standby Phase, by sending this face-up card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Rinku LV6" from your hand or Deck.

Name: Rinku LV6
Level: 6
ATK: 2150
DEF: 1200
Effect: Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card successfully inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, during your Standby Phase, by sending this face-up card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Rinku LV8" from your hand or Deck.

Name: Rinku LV8
Level: 8
ATK: 2450
DEF: 1800
Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Rinku LV6". Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, add 1 Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card successfully inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, double the damage inflicted.

Name: Ganondorofu
Attribute: DARK
Type: Spellcaster/Effect
ATK: 2650
DEF: 2600
Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing 1 "Triforce of Power" in your Graveyard from play. You can discard 1 card from your hand to negate the effect of a Monster, Spell or Trap Card that specifically designates this card as a target. Each time a player discards, inflict Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the number of cards discarded x 800 points.

Name: Zeruda LV6
Attribute: LIGHT
ATK: 1600
DEF: 2450
Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Zeruda LV4". Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 600 Life Points. Whenever a Spell Card is sent to the Graveyard, it is returned to the Deck instead.

Name: Zeruda LV4
ATK: 1200
DEF: 1700
Effect: Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 400 Life Points. During your next Standby Phase, after a player has gained Life Points due to this card's effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Zeruda LV6".

Name: Zeruda LV2
Level: 2
ATK: 300
DEF: 750
Effect: Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 200 Life Points. During your next Standby Phase, after a player has gained Life Points due to this card's effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Zeruda LV4".

Spell Cards:

Name: Bait Bag
Type: Normal
Effect: Each player selects 1 Equip Spell Card from their Deck, and add it to their hand after showing it to the opponent. The selected cards cannot be played until the beginning of either player's next turn.

Name: Ocarina
Type: Continuous
Effect: During each of your Standby Phases, your opponent selects 1 card from your hand and calls the type of card (Monster, Spell, or Trap). If he/she guesses right, he/she gains 1000 Life Points. If your opponent guesses wrong, you can add 1 card of the same type as the selected card to your hand from your Deck.

Name: Nayru's Love
Effect: You and your opponent select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field. As long as the selected monsters remain face-up on the field, they cannot attack or be attacked.

Name: Din's Fire
Effect: Discard any number of cards from your hand to inflict Direct Damage to your opponent equal to the number of discarded cards x 500 points.

Name: Farore's Wind
Effect: This card can only be activated if there is 2 or more Spell or Trap Cards on both players' side of the field. Toss a coin. If the result is Heads, destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on the field and both players gain Life Points equal to the number of cards destroyed x 300. If the result is Tails, return all Spell and Trap Cards on the field to their owner's Decks.

Name: Sacred Realm
Type: Field
Effect: You can only activate this card when there is 1 or more "Nayru's Love", "Din's Fire" and "Farore's Wind" in your Graveyard. Once per turn, select 1 Effect Monster on the field. The selected monster gains 1 of the following effects until the end of the turn:
• "Each this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, increase your Life Points by an amount equal to the Battle Damage."
• "Each time this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict damage equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster to your opponent's Life Points."
• "Each time this card attacks, return 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field to its owner's hand."

Trap Cards:

Name: Hylian Shield
Effect: After this card is activated, it is treated as an Equip Spell Card and can only be equipped to a "Rinku" monster. A monster equipped with this card is not destroyed by battle. Any Battle Damage involving a monster equipped with this card is halved.

Name: Triforce of Power
Effect: This card can only be activated by discarding 1 "Din's Fire" from your hand to the Graveyard. Select 1 monster on your side of the field and inflict Direct Damage equal to the ATK of the selected monster to your opponent's Life Points.

Name: Triforce of Courage
Effect: This card can only be activated by discarding 1 "Farore's Wind" from your hand to the Graveyard. You can select up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field and return them to his/her Deck.

Name: Triforce of Wisdom
Effect: This card can only be activated by discarding 1 "Nayru's Love" from your hand to the Graveyard. Your opponent selects 1 card at random from your hand. If the card is a Monster Card, gain Life Points equal to the monster's Level x 300. If the card is a Spell or Trap card, gain 1000 Life Points.

I just don't have the knowledge of comparing custom cards to the metagame (heck, I'm not even sure what "metagame" means T3T) but since I'm an ideas man, and since one of my NPCs has been getting rather impatient for a set of his very own, I thought I'd post some ideas I had. It's based off The Legend of Zelda if you couldn't already tell, since he loves the series and I'm not one to question people's hobbies, especially fictional persons. o0

EDIT: Oh and I think there are a few Equip Card references and no actual Equip Cards in there, just thought I'd point out I'll be adding them later. :P

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
Monster Cards:

Name: Rinku LV4
ATK: 1500
DEF: 700
Effect: Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, add 1 Equip Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card successfully inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, during your next Standby Phase, by sending this face-up card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Rinku LV6" from your hand or Deck.

Name: Rinku LV6
ATK: 2150
DEF: 1200
Effect: Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, add 1 Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card successfully inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, during your Standby Phase, by sending this face-up card to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Rinku LV8" from your hand or Deck.

Name: Rinku LV8
ATK: 2450
DEF: 1800
Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Rinku LV6". Each time this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, add 1 Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card successfully inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, double the damage inflicted.

These should be LIGHT monsters.

Name: Ganondorofu
Attribute: DARK
ATK: 2650
DEF: 2600
Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing 1 "Triforce of Power" in your Graveyard from play. You can discard 1 card from your hand to negate the effect of a Monster, Spell or Trap Card that specifically designates this card as a target. Each time a player discards, inflict Direct Damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the number of cards discarded x 800 points.

"...To negate the effect of a card that targets this card" is fine.

Name: Zeruda LV6
ATK: 1600
DEF: 2450
Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned except by the effect of "Zeruda LV4". Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 600 Life Points. Whenever a Spell Card is sent to the Graveyard, it is returned to the Deck instead.

Name: Zeruda LV4
ATK: 1200
DEF: 1700
Effect: Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 400 Life Points. During your next Standby Phase, after a player has gained Life Points due to this card's effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Zeruda LV6".

Name: Zeruda LV2
Level: 2
ATK: 300
DEF: 750
Effect: Each time a player activates a Spell Card, the controller of the card gains 200 Life Points. During your next Standby Phase, after a player has gained Life Points due to this card's effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Zeruda LV4".

The effects allow her to evolve too quickly. Lower it to something like, "The third time a player gains Life Points by this card's effect, Special Summon..." You could also use the Spell Counter approach, making them similar to Skilled Dark Magician.

I'd like to add that while the attempt at Romaji is appreciated, stick to Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. That way, they don't look unnatural, for lack of a better term.

Spell Cards:

Name: Bait Bag
Effect: Each player selects 1 Equip Spell Card from their Deck, and add it to their hand after showing it to the opponent. The selected cards cannot be played until the beginning of either player's next turn.

Most people only use Premature Burial. Unless you're facing something like Six Samurai or Armed Samurai - Ben Kei, this card's too situational for any real use. Rephrase it to, "Each player can select 1 Equip Spell Card from their respective Deck(s) and add them to their hands."

Name: Ocarina
Effect: During each of your Standby Phases, your opponent selects 1 card from your hand and calls the type of card (Monster, Spell, or Trap). If he/she guesses right, he/she gains 1000 Life Points. If your opponent guesses wrong, you can add 1 card of the same type as the selected card to your hand from your Deck.

This should be called Ocarina of Time. That said, the Ocarina of Time was never used for summoning, nor would it ever help the opponent. I'll post my version later.

Name: Nayru's Love
Effect: You and your opponent select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field. As long as the selected monsters remain face-up on the field, they cannot attack or be attacked.

Nayru's Love didn't prevent attacks, it prevented damage. I'll post a better version.

Name: Din's Fire
Effect: Discard any number of cards from your hand to inflict Direct Damage to your opponent equal to the number of discarded cards x 500 points.

This is perfect. Discarding mimics the magic power loss to cast the spell, and it was an offensive fire spell.

Name: Farore's Wind
Effect: This card can only be activated if there is 2 or more Spell or Trap Cards on both players' side of the field. Toss a coin. If the result is Heads, destroy all Spell and Trap Cards on the field and both players gain Life Points equal to the number of cards destroyed x 300. If the result is Tails, return all Spell and Trap Cards on the field to their owner's Decks.

Farore's Wind was a warping spell. It had nothing to do with health or destruction. I'll post my version.

Name: Sacred Realm
Type: Field
Effect: You can only activate this card when there is 1 or more "Nayru's Love", "Din's Fire" and "Farore's Wind" in your Graveyard. Once per turn, select 1 Effect Monster on the field. The selected monster gains 1 of the following effects until the end of the turn:
• "Each this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points, increase your Life Points by an amount equal to the Battle Damage."
• "Each time this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict damage equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster to your opponent's Life Points."
• "Each time this card attacks, return 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field to its owner's hand."

Interesting idea, but very inaccurate. Use the Triforce cards instead of the Goddess Magic Cards.

Trap Cards:

Name: Hylian Shield
Effect: After this card is activated, it is treated as an Equip Spell Card and can only be equipped to a "Rinku" monster. A monster equipped with this card is not destroyed by battle. Any Battle Damage involving a monster equipped with this card is halved.

Fine.

Name: Triforce of Power
Effect: This card can only be activated by discarding 1 "Din's Fire" from your hand to the Graveyard. Select 1 monster on your side of the field and inflict Direct Damage equal to the ATK of the selected monster to your opponent's Life Points.

You can just say "inflict damage to your opponent". Other than that, I see the drawn parallel here, so I guess it's okay. However, I'd prefer something like, "Activate only when you control 'Ganondorf'."

Name: Triforce of Courage
Effect: This card can only be activated by discarding 1 "Farore's Wind" from your hand to the Graveyard. You can select up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards on your opponent's side of the field and return them to his/her Deck.

See my comment on Triforce of Power. Otherwise, good.

Name: Triforce of Wisdom
Effect: This card can only be activated by discarding 1 "Nayru's Love" from your hand to the Graveyard. Your opponent selects 1 card at random from your hand. If the card is a Monster Card, gain Life Points equal to the monster's Level x 300. If the card is a Spell or Trap card, gain 1000 Life Points.

See my comment on Triforce of Power. Besides that, fine.

I just don't have the knowledge of comparing custom cards to the metagame (heck, I'm not even sure what "metagame" means T3T) but since I'm an ideas man, and since one of my NPCs has been getting rather impatient for a set of his very own, I thought I'd post some ideas I had. It's based off The Legend of Zelda if you couldn't already tell, since he loves the series and I'm not one to question people's hobbies, especially fictional persons. o0

EDIT: Oh and I think there are a few Equip Card references and no actual Equip Cards in there, just thought I'd point out I'll be adding them later. :P

My fixes are in bold.

Ocarina of Time
Continuous Spell
Activate only when you control a "Link" or "Zelda" monster. Once per turn, you can discard 1 Monster Card from your hand to activate the appropriate effect. • DARK: Select 1 Zombie-Type monster your opponent controls or in either Graveyard and remove it from play. • LIGHT: Select 1 "Zelda" monster from your Graveyard or Removed Zone and add it to your hand. • WATER: Select up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards your opponent controls. Your opponent cannot activate the selected cards until the start of your next Draw Phase. • FIRE: Inflict 1000 to your opponent. • EARTH: Select 1 monster your opponent controls. The selected monster cannot change its battle position or attack during your opponent's next turn. • WIND: Gain 1000 Life Points.

Nayru's Love
Quick-Play Spell
Activate when your opponent declares an attack on a "Link" or "Zelda" monster you control. Negate that attack and end the Battle Phase. During your next Draw Phase, draw 1 additional card if activating this card caused the effect of a "Zelda" monster to activate.

Farore's Wind
Quick-Play Spell
Discard 1 card from your hand and select a "Link" or "Zelda" monster you control. Remove the selected monster from play, and return it to the field during the End Phase.

Gοяκнaвоii

I am MIRAJ =]
Years
HERO Swap
Trap Card//Counter Trap

This Card can only be activated when 'A Hero Emerges' has been activated by you, or your opponent, return the card to its original owner's hand, and special summon a monster from your hand. This monster cannot attack the turn it is special summoned by this card's effect.

Pyro Sting
Continious Magic Card
When a Fire monster is special summoned to the field, inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent's life points.

:D
Inferno + Fox fire = Pure pwnage xD ((with Pyro sting :P)

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
The effects allow her to evolve too quickly. Lower it to something like, "The third time a player gains Life Points by this card's effect, Special Summon..." You could also use the Spell Counter approach, making them similar to Skilled Dark Magician.

I'd like to add that while the attempt at Romaji is appreciated, stick to Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. That way, they don't look unnatural, for lack of a better term.

Um, why would Rinku be a LIGHT attribute monster? He's a warrior and doesn't have any natural magical abilities, wouldn't EARTH be more suiting?

I've edited Zeruda and posted her below, if you think it needs any tweaking, feel free to tell.

And in addition to the names, I didn't want to go all out with their original names since I'm planning to use this set in an RP, and making direct referals to real life games seems kind of tacky. Plus, in the official game, there have already been some cards printed in Romanji that have been kept in the translated sets (Umi, Yami, etc.).

Ocarina of Time
Continuous Spell
Activate only when you control a "Link" or "Zelda" monster. Once per turn, you can discard 1 Monster Card from your hand to activate the appropriate effect. • DARK: Select 1 Zombie-Type monster your opponent controls or in either Graveyard and remove it from play. • LIGHT: Select 1 "Zelda" monster from your Graveyard or Removed Zone and add it to your hand. • WATER: Select up to 2 Spell or Trap Cards your opponent controls. Your opponent cannot activate the selected cards until the start of your next Draw Phase. • FIRE: Inflict 1000 to your opponent. • EARTH: Select 1 monster your opponent controls. The selected monster cannot change its battle position or attack during your opponent's next turn. • WIND: Gain 1000 Life Points.

Um, I'm not sure what the Ocarina of Time really did, but I'm assuming it had something to do with playing songs to unlock dungeons, didn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the effect for this seems kind of all over the place and with what's in the set so far, I've kind of been going for a spell support theme deck. The only relatable effects would be water, fire and wind, the others seem put in just to cover the other attributes. That said, my effect seems even more unrelatable, so I'll need to edit this one.

Heh, who would've thought I'd cross a TLoZ fan in a Yu-Gi-Oh! thread (despite the chances being quite likely, but that's besides the point). Your additions have been noted for any cards I didn't rebuttal against and are currently undergoing editing. But I thought I'd point out that I'm not a fan of TLoZ, I just thought it seemed like an interesting idea to give one of my NPCs in an RP and made this set on a whim. XP

EDIT: Oh, and with some of the effects helping out the opponent, despite the origins of the effect, wouldn't it be too disadvantageous for the opponent in an actual duel if the effects only benefitted the user? There's normally a drawback or cost for things like this, so I thought I'd apply it where I could.

EDIT (again X3): I forgot to list the Zeruda cards, so here they are in spoiler form:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
Years
I've edited Zeruda and posted her below, if you think it needs any tweaking, feel free to tell.

And in addition to the names, I didn't want to go all out with their original names since I'm planning to use this set in an RP, and making direct referals to real life games seems kind of tacky. Plus, in the official game, there have already been some cards printed in Romanji that have been kept in the translated sets (Umi, Yami, etc.).

In most cases, the English name is just the Romaji for the Japanese name, which was English. For example, I believe our "Umi" is their "Ocean". Also, even with the Romaji, the names were meant to be Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.

Um, I'm not sure what the Ocarina of Time really did, but I'm assuming it had something to do with playing songs to unlock dungeons, didn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the effect for this seems kind of all over the place and with what's in the set so far, I've kind of been going for a spell support theme deck. The only relatable effects would be water, fire and wind, the others seem put in just to cover the other attributes. That said, my effect seems even more unrelatable, so I'll need to edit this one.

The Ocarina of Time would wield a different effect depending on the melody played. For example, playing the Prelude of Light warped Link to the Temple of Time. The Ocarina of Time was also used in The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for other, more time-based uses.

Heh, who would've thought I'd cross a TLoZ fan in a Yu-Gi-Oh! thread (despite the chances being quite likely, but that's besides the point). Your additions have been noted for any cards I didn't rebuttal against and are currently undergoing editing. But I thought I'd point out that I'm not a fan of TLoZ, I just thought it seemed like an interesting idea to give one of my NPCs in an RP and made this set on a whim. XP

You should play the games first, then try to make cards of them. This is why I've waited so long to use NiGHTS cards. Your Zelda cards are better now.

Speaking of which, I think I'll show you guys a new card for my Night Dimension theme.

Dreamdrop Fountain
Continuous Spell
When a player activates a Spell or Trap Card, or the effect of an Effect Monster, or Summons or Sets a monster, place one Dreamdrop Counter on this card. During your Main Phase, you can send this card with 60 Dreamdrop Counters to the Graveyard to gain 10,000 Life Points. This card cannot be removed from the field, except by its own effect, while you control a "NiGHTS" monster.

This needs work, I think. It should accumulate Dreamdrop Counters quickly enough to meet 60, but it will take a few turns. In the game, you can collect 60 Dreamdrops found in various stages of the game. Once all 60 are collected, you can play as the original Visitors, Claris and Elliot. All you have to do is jump into the fountain as the new Visitor with a matching gender.

Back