• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
Is it possible to edit the chances of encountering shiny Pokémon? If so, how?
(Ruby)

Yes, It is possible..... With the use of Shinyzer (I think..... I never used that tool before) but if I'm not mistaken it should be in the Toolbox.... If you can't find it then search in WAH's Pokemon hacking tools page. :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
condition switch help
Ok so first off wanna say i looked all over for help and couldn't find anything.
The thing i am trying to do is when you walk into the players house a Controlling event kinda like when you walk into professor oak and you walk up to him i want that but instead walks up to mom know i have had 2 results

first: I get frozen and cant move

second it works but every time i walk into the house it dose it not just a 1 time thing

please help

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
Are pokémon caught in ROMS "legit"?

I downloaded an emulator and pokemon Emerald. I want to transfer my pokémon caught in the ROM to my legit Pokemon White game. If I took the .pkm file from the ROM and uploaded it to pokedit where I can send it to my pokemon white game using GTS, would I be able to use this pokémon in random matchup or in tournaments? The only cheats I use on the Emerald ROM are event cheats like the Eon ticket. I know they are not actually legit but would I be able to use them online and possibly migrate to pokemon x and y when pokemon bank and transfer is released?

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2017
pokedex order for bw

hello everyone.

can someone please tell me
where to get pokemon bw pokedex order.

thanks

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 10, 2022
BWTE problem

I don't know if this is in the right section but I have a problem with BWTE...

When I try to edit Corless' battle (The one in the frigate) it shows that he only has 1 Pokemon instead of 5, what do I do to fix this?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
condition switch help
Ok so first off wanna say i looked all over for help and couldn't find anything.
The thing i am trying to do is when you walk into the players house a Controlling event kinda like when you walk into professor oak and you walk up to him i want that but instead walks up to mom know i have had 2 results

second it works but every time i walk into the house it dose it not just a 1 time thing

please help

It froze? Try changing the var number to 4050 then unknown to 0300.
I don't get it. Could you post your script here. So that I could read it. and see what's wrong.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 10, 2022
I'm trying to hack Black 2, I'm using BWTE, everything works fine expect for...

Colress - 581

When I try to edit it...
Spoiler:

That happens, what do I do?

Last edited by a moderator:

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
condition switch help

please help

Well, are you using AM 1.92 for map-scripts?
Map-scripts usually bug hard in AM 1.92, in 1.95 they are almost bugfree.
You also need a variable, that is free and safe to use (4000-4050 if im correct..)
In the script, you set this variable to 1. ;)

@MylittlePlusle
I dont really know wheres the problem..

But by the way, remove the "TuneUp" from your PC, its useless and just eats RAM.. xD
If you need more speed buy a new PC, the optimation by these 100 tools in the internet are
0,00000000001 % ^^

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2014
I've been searching, but it is pretty difficult to word this issue. Atleast according to my search results.

In my Fire Red ROM Hack in progress, Houndour (have not tested other pokemon) starts evolving at level 24 (as it should). Halfway trough the progress, it stops, and gives me the message ".....?". This happens also the second time he tries to evolve. I've checked YAPES, which states he is to be Houndoom at level 24, so I guess that's not the problem.
Anyone encountered this before?

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
I've been searching, but it is pretty difficult to word this issue. Atleast according to my search results.

In my Fire Red ROM Hack in progress, Houndour (have not tested other pokemon) starts evolving at level 24 (as it should). Halfway trough the progress, it stops, and gives me the message ".....?". This happens also the second time he tries to evolve. I've checked YAPES, which states he is to be Houndoom at level 24, so I guess that's not the problem.
Anyone encountered this before?

You have to give the player the National Dex in order for other-region Pokemon to evolve.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
You have to give the player the National Dex in order for other-region Pokemon to evolve.
About that, I have created a custom regional dex of 247 Pokemon. I have used a tool called "Misc Editor" in order to fix the evolution thing since the game still recognizes the region to be limited up to 151 even though my region dex is 247. Mybe the reason why the program didn't fix my problem could be because I haven't changed some more limiters regarding the Pokedex? I changed three limiters. I am still missing some because the Pokemon menu still display Pokemon after 151 as ??? even though they are registered in the Pokedex as number 221 for instance.
----------
Also, does anybody know why for some tracks inserted into Sappy play perfectly fine, but in-game there are those random beeps while it is playing? This only happens for some tracks.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Okay, I have a question about looping songs for GBA roms using Anvil Studio.

If I recall correctly, the process went like this:
- Create a song
- go into the piano roll editer
- Move to the end of where you want your loop and place a ] using the "new cue" button
- Move to the beginning of where you want the song to loop and place a [
- Save and convert to a .s file for use with Sappy.
(That's how I understood the tutorial anyway)

When I assemble the song with sappy, it doesn't change it at all. No looping in sappy or ingame--it only plays once.

So my question is, am I doing anything wrong here, and if so, what? Or is this something else?

Thanks for any help in advance.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Okay, I have a question about looping songs for GBA roms using Anvil Studio.

If I recall correctly, the process went like this:
- Create a song
- go into the piano roll editer
- Move to the end of where you want your loop and place a ] using the "new cue" button
- Move to the beginning of where you want the song to loop and place a [
- Save and convert to a .s file for use with Sappy.
(That's how I understood the tutorial anyway)

When I assemble the song with sappy, it doesn't change it at all. No looping in sappy or ingame--it only plays once.

So my question is, am I doing anything wrong here, and if so, what? Or is this something else?

Thanks for any help in advance.

YES!! I am fairly sure it is because you are saving! File> Export Midi 0 format (or something like that).

It does make the difference, I had that problem!

Now I have a question about IPS patching. Say I make changes in a 'clean' ROM that uses space from C00000-D00000 and I patch this to 'JPANS engine' ROM. This patch will overwrite the data from C00000-D00000 but will it also patch the 'clean ROM' area from 000000-300000? I hope that make sense.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
YES!! I am fairly sure it is because you are saving! File> Export Midi 0 format (or something like that).

It does make the difference, I had that problem!

Now I have a question about IPS patching. Say I make changes in a 'clean' ROM that uses space from C00000-D00000 and I patch this to 'JPANS engine' ROM. This patch will overwrite the data from C00000-D00000 but will it also patch the 'clean ROM' area from 000000-300000? I hope that make sense.

I think I tried and failed to get results exporting as midi format0 but meh another shot wouldn't really hurt. :) Thanks for letting me know about that.

And about your question, sorry but I don't have an answer for that. All I can say is experiment. ^^

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
I think I tried and failed to get results exporting as midi format0 but meh another shot wouldn't really hurt. :) Thanks for letting me know about that.

And about your question, sorry but I don't have an answer for that. All I can say is experiment. ^^

You should have put this "]" in the end of the midi. (Should be correct if not it won't work)
Then place the "[" where you want. Then export the midi, it should work fine.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
in advancemap the tiles look dandy and in the block list they look fine and there is no behavior or background bytes in the tiles i made so there should be no problem. im using palettes 7, 10, and 6 so there should be no issue and this is the first time this has happened in the emulator they look like messed up blocks or they'll have the water animation to them most tiles are working its only certain tiles that are messed up if i create the tile in a new block, the tiles still look screwy in the emulator

U81gfjc.png

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
in advancemap the tiles look dandy and in the block list they look fine and there is no behavior or background bytes in the tiles i made so there should be no problem. im using palettes 7, 10, and 6 so there should be no issue and this is the first time this has happened in the emulator they look like messed up blocks or they'll have the water animation to them most tiles are working its only certain tiles that are messed up if i create the tile in a new block, the tiles still look screwy in the emulator

U81gfjc.png

It is the position in the tileset, not the block set, that is causing the issues. When water is loaded, or any animation for that matter, all of it's frames are stored in the empty spaces in you tilesets, in the ram. If you replace those spaces, the animation will still happen, overwriting your new tiles. This is what happened to you. The most common thing that happens to people like this is having the door animation show up like you have water showing up.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
It is the position in the tileset, not the block set, that is causing the issues. When water is loaded, or any animation for that matter, all of it's frames are stored in the empty spaces in you tilesets, in the ram. If you replace those spaces, the animation will still happen, overwriting your new tiles. This is what happened to you. The most common thing that happens to people like this is having the door animation show up like you have water showing up.

I see what you mean, I used ruby tileset 11 which is the entrance to the elite four which has a lot of flower tiles. How would I go about fixing this? Would I have to use a different tileset because this one can not be changed or is this gonna require some sort of hex number changing stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back