• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That indeed seems like a vicious cycle D:
Alright then, I'll have to remember that.

Wow okay. I was being nosy and looked at your profile. I misread "Teaching toddlers and selling drugs" as "Teaching toddler to sell drugs" oops.

Years
I would do the same! Haha. Well, it's around 43 here, so it's chilly. I'm from north east Texas, though, so I mean..we don't experience THAT much cold :B My day has been decent, I've working.

I have a question for y'all: when you go out to eat, how well do you tip your waiter? I didn't know before I started waiting tables that waiters basically LIVE off of tips. So, that's why I ask. :B

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Well, I did take my class on a field trip to my drug dealer's. I want them to be open to all career opportunities, okay?

@erik: I'm a bit further south, it's around 60 here. I wish it would stay this way forever.
and I don't really do the math for tips. 10% is the standard, but I always over-tip. What kind of restaurant will you be working at? I know some waiters who barely make it and others who do far better than those who make full minimum wage.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Well...I don't go out to eat, honestly. So I can't really answer that properly.

It's in the 30s here. I was outside earlier without a coat and was fine, though.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I have a question for y'all: when you go out to eat, how well do you tip your waiter? I didn't know before I started waiting tables that waiters basically LIVE off of tips. So, that's why I ask. :B

the tipping system doesn't exist here in nz lol
if someone does get tipped, then it's definitely a shock because it's simply not how things work here lol
though it's because we have a higher minimum wage than you guys soooo

though when i tipped in america i just gave them what i thought was appropriate (nothing stingy), though there was one ~charming~ waiter who snorted at me so i gave him far less than what i normally would have!!!

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Why did he snort at you?
I know it's not what you meant, but when people say "snort/snorted/snorts", I think of that noise kids make to imitate pigs. T:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I normally tip the standard 15% though if I get especially good service I'll tip better. Most of the time, unless the service was remarkably bad, $2 is the minimum if I'm by myself and my bill is like $10.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I almost always go a little bit over the customary 10/12% and go for about 15%, since I never get a server who is despicable enough to short what they work so hard for.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha, I have nobody to tip. I avoid eating artificial stuff in food, so most restaurants are out of the question. T:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I do between 10 and 15, making it so my bill ends up even. Usually my bill is so small that I don't have many choices though.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Exactly. T:
Oddly enough, I can eat more fast food than restaurant stuff. Stuff you wouldn't expect (like McDonald's hamburgers) are natural.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Bring that snow over here to Florida Live. We would love to have it (actually I'm sure the people who come down here for the winter won't but who cares about them).

droomph

weeb
Years
Les Miserables

Isn't that like

How disappointed I was when I found out the artificial Disney snow was bubble foam.

And if I'm not feeling especially dickish when I tip I'll generally give them 15% or more like I'm supposed to.

Oh and speaking of tips my grandparents went out to eat yesterday and had no idea how to tip and gave $3 on a $60 bill lol

Needless to say they will not forget that look on his face apparently.

Years
The Hobbit was fun, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Hitchcock. Ever since I heard it was a thing I wanted to see it.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I'm only interested in seeing Lincoln really. I'm not a movie guy. I have enough trouble finishing hour long shows like Dexter and Gamecenter CX, as good as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back