• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What could get you back into RPing?

Years
I know I mentioned this in another thread but what Rika said.

Also a non journey Pokemon rp. Maybe. Just something new and exciting and interesting!

But a superhero rp is an insta yes from me hahaha

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
...Back?

Besides the obvious of time and motivation as others have posted, what would lure me in...?

An RP that is strong on character development, that doesn't require too much activity (a post a week, maybe, not counting responses needed to fast-forward player interaction), where the Pokémon mechanics are loose but not too loose, where a player with a Caterpie is not doomed from the start against a player with a Haxorus. A story where the stakes are harsh but not high - nothing world-ending, but something that you can't just escape the consequences of. Depending on implementation, good, solid worldbuilding and open possibilities for players to participate in that aspect of the management. Probably something more slicey-of-lifey than "continuity lockout" tiers of plot driven.

And, in the end, a place that feels like it'd fit my characters Just Right™.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
A superhero RP sounds like fun ^_^. I don't think I could ever commit to post-by-post roleplaying again. The commitment to write a post and the slow payoff just doesn't appeal anymore ;-; However I am role playing again! I have finally embraced my inner nerd and started playing D&D.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
A superhero RP sounds like fun ^_^. I don't think I could ever commit to post-by-post roleplaying again. The commitment to write a post and the slow payoff just doesn't appeal anymore ;-; However I am role playing again! I have finally embraced my inner nerd and started playing D&D.
Aww, we miss you here :3 But nice to hear that you embrace the true life!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I have finally embraced my inner nerd and started playing D&D.

Eyy, you and me both :3

As for me, it's always a question of time, though with how much free time I get at work it could certainly be possible to get back into it. That was the biggest problem when I started running Dust, things changed soon after and I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it any more. Thing is I always seem to have a lot of irons in the fire, even though I'm rather sure I'm not the one putting them there. I do also feel that post-by-post roleplaying has a rather slow turn-around, which is discouraging, but I'm certainly open to trying again.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Eyy, you and me both :3

As for me, it's always a question of time, though with how much free time I get at work it could certainly be possible to get back into it. That was the biggest problem when I started running Dust, things changed soon after and I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it any more. Thing is I always seem to have a lot of irons in the fire, even though I'm rather sure I'm not the one putting them there. I do also feel that post-by-post roleplaying has a rather slow turn-around, which is discouraging, but I'm certainly open to trying again.
i think me and gp are competing for making the first okay-paced rp in years to actually finish

Circuit

Years
You mean they're in progress or you're still making them?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
You mean they're in progress or you're still making them?
i mean we've made 234 each and still failing, but never giving up!

(and currently we are both setting up one each and are gonna help each other reach the goal)

Circuit

Years
i mean we've made 234 each and still failing, but never giving up!

(and currently we are both setting up one each and are gonna help each other reach the goal)

Daaaaaaamn that's a lot of RPs! I'll check in anyway, but let me know when either or both are up and I'll see how much time I have :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Daaaaaaamn that's a lot of RPs! I'll check in anyway, but let me know when either or both are up and I'll see how much time I have :3
they're both up already, u dork. Mine is full, but gp's is screaming for players :)

Circuit

Years
See why John is my avatar? :B I'll go check it out !

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2019
Used to love RPing, now I hate it. Maybe it's because my grandfather said it's a waste of time and that I should be writing in books or magazines instead. Oh come on, the things you do for fun aren't necessarily productive.

A chill RP where I don't have to write walls of text might get me back in. I don't have the passion to crank out long posts like I used to.

Back