• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Unova United [ALL WINNERS CHOSEN!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Caption Contest:

N: Dad our world is showing us a sign with all this rain, am I really doing what's best for the Unova Region.
Ghetis: Be Quiet and come under my umbrella son don't talk that nonsense.
N: Are you saying you are going to help me make Unova a better place?
Ghetsis: Of course not son would I be doing my job correctly then.

Years
Here is my post for entries, there will be more later!

Draw This!
My drawing isn't particularly original, but meh whatever. Also sorry for the poor quality of the image!

Their arguments split the single dragon into Reshiram, who sided with the older brother, and Zekrom, who sided with the younger brother.

Spoiler:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Black 3 and White 3:
Spoiler:

Warning, it is a huge tl;dr, but I expect Nica to at least read it.

Caption Contest:
N: "Your cape needed a good wash."

PokéStar Studios:
Plot: The evil ninja wishes to drain Pokémon's life force to give himself immortality.
Mission: Knock him out within six scenes.
Your Team:
Vaporeon Lv50.
Moves: Protect, Hydro Pump, Quick Attack, Wish.
Blissey Lv50. w/ Choice Scarf
Moves: Protect, Softboiled, Bestow, Egg Bomb.

Opponent:
Evil Ninja Lv50. (ability Sturdy) Ground/Fighting w/ Grass Gem
Moves: Giga Drain, Drain Punch.

Strategy:
Switch to Blissey and take the Giga Drain, use Bestow and lock him into Drain Punch, switch Back into Vaporeon and finish him off.

Story: The villan appears wanting to take your Pokémon because of their high HP. You don't allow this and attack, in the end defeating and destroying him and getting a good ending. A bad ending occurs if your Pokémon are defeated. A strange ending occurs when no Pokémon have used Protect and no one is defeated.

Last edited:
Years
Caption Contest:

N: Dad, you're creeping me and this Pokémon out!
Ghetsis: Meh, I don't really care to be honest...

Black 3 and White 3:
Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hey guys just so you know I'm extending this 24 hours so get your friends to enter etc - and keep having fun!! Winners shall be announced in around 24 hours ;)

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I have no real time to cook up a Black 3 and White 3 story so for now, I'll just enter the caption contest.

Ghetsis: N, what are you doing? Quit trying to talk to Pokemon and get inside, it's raining.
N: But dad! I must know what this Purrloin is thinking about!
Ghetsis: That's not even a Purrloin, N, it's a regular stray cat. Now get inside.
N: Oh ok.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Well, I didn't see anything about not being allowed several entries to the same competition, so here we go. If double entries are not allowed after all, please use this one since I think it's better than my other :3

CAPTION CONTEST:

today but a SON in the r a i n
BUT TOMORROW A reign IN THE SUN

droomph

weeb
Years

captions lol

Ghetsis: Ummm… (…crap)
N: Yeah dad, "um". Didn't they give you a restraining order or something after what happened with Kyurem?
Ghetsis: (…damn)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay I thought I'd be able to do this very easily but obviously there's a lot of content to get through. I'll get back to you guy with the results in a few days, but for now I'm going to lock this up so that there's no more entries ~

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Thanks guys for entering - means a lot :)

Also, would you guys like a weekly caption a Unova-related scene here contest each week/month? Would you guys enter? Or get your friends to enter?

^ Share yo thoughts!

Anyway, results only for DRAW THIS and CAPTION CONTEST because imma get my mod partners to pick favourites for Black 3 and White 3 because it's important so why not get all of us to look? :3

Joint winners of caption contest (three entries!)

today but a SON in the r a i n
BUT TOMORROW A reign IN THE SUN - Red's Hawt Chili Pelippers

"Witnessing N release his friends into the wild made Ghetsis realize the error in his ways, and in an attempt to atone for his terror, accompanied his son across Unova returning stolen Pokemon. A rainy day on Route 2 he'll never forget." - Keiran777

"from his infancy...
to become the HERO of legend
... such purity of purpose is his." - Red's Hawt Chili Pelippers

I love the deeper ones and your deep captions really won me over - although there was a LOT of creativity. :3 You all did well!

Winner of draw this:
Spoiler:

It was... deep. I loved the opposites there and it just fit. While the other entry was really good too, this one touched me because it portrayed the opposites theme imo.

Keeping this open so you guys can reply to the top question and say congrats to winners etc. Also there will be emblems coming once Black 3 and White 3 winner is decided/agreed on by mod partners.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Congratulations, you winners! :3
Also, about the weekly/monthly caption contest thing, I wouldn't mind it, though, I probably wouldn't be able to participate in them all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Oh my, I didn't think you'd like them that much :O
Thank you!

I think it would be fun with a weekly caption contest, if you and the other mods have time to take care of them. People apparently enjoy typing up captions :3

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Oh yes, caption contest should be something that happens every week, it was fun reading all the different views of an image. Congrats to all who won. Now lets see what the B3W3 contest will yield....

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Obviously late, but for the old caption contest...

"Harmonia, I'd like to have a word with you."

Yeah, it probably sucks. :P

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
With no further ado...

The winner of B3W3 is...

Spoiler:

You now have a free blog to give to another user or your alt. Let me know who you decide via PM so I can tell PPN.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Twiggy give me your free blog. I'd love you forever.

Nah, don't have to if you don't want to. Though you might. Congrats to Twiggy and the winners of the Caption Contest!
Also congrats to Golurk for winning the drawing contest!
We should definitely do the caption contest every week. I'd definitely try participating again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back