• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime Contract Challenge 2

Years
All these people like "I haven't even touched it."

It ends tomorrow.

I'm having trouble getting past the first 5 minutes of my contracted show.

While I'm sure the rest of the series is fine, the awkward situation "humor" brought up in the first 5 minutes of Golden Time is my kryptonite when it comes to my ability to continue on with a show. It's making me cringe so hard because I just do not find it funny and I experience secondhand embarrassment for the character in so many cases or I just want to yell at the character to "GET YOUR NERVES TOGETHER AND JUST ASK THEM THE QUESTION, DAMMIT. IT'S JUST ONE SIMPLE QUESTION YOU FUCKWIT." I also have a hard time sitting through a gag that I can definitely see where it's going from a mile away because I've seen the gag too many times before.

Part of the cringing may be because I was very awkward and shy growing up and I sometimes see many past awkward mistakes I've made when awkward humor is used. I'm still awkward and shy now, but I give fewer fucks.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
Sorry for the late review! I actually finished mine weeks ago. But it is only six episodes, so it's not like that's too impressive.

My recommended anime was "Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora." This anime was extremely short, but in many respects this was a good thing. The story was simple and bittersweet. The characters were good, and the moonlit scenes are visually stunning, even with the show's art being slightly outdated.

The highlight of this show, however, is the ending. Spoilers withholding, it's obvious from the beginning that the ending is going to be a tearjerker. It's a hospital patient romance, after all. You can feel it coming from the very beginning. But you know what this show does? It looks at a character death and says, "Why does this have to be so sad? Does death really have to ruin the experiences you have with someone?"

This is a moral that I feel is important and rarely discussed. If someone were to tell me that my mother will die from sickness tomorrow, I would of course be very sad. But many in that situation would consume themselves with grief before the death even happened. Why do that? You still have time to cherish her now. You can be happy that you have her now. I'm not saying that you shouldn't feel sad at all. But if I were to cherish my mother today, and remember the joy that she gave me after her passing, her legacy and love would truly last forever. This anime taught you to find joy and love in a very sad situation, and I appreciated that very much. I'd definitely recommend this one.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Oh my god. Okay. *breathes* I just finished my contract to Genesis of Aquarion and my god, it was truly a journey.

There is a reason why I avoid mecha anime like the plague, and watching Aquarion reinforces my stance. Lipstick Vogue was not fucking joking about it being so campy. XD

It took me so long to plow through the show because it was literally "Monster of the Week"/episodic with bare-bones plot progression (that's all encrypted in cheesy foreshadowing and Biblical-esque riddles from a blind wheelchair-bound girl and a lofty commander) and lots of character development (and I am being real lenient here) that appears to be good writing on paper, but unfortunately absolutely does NOT pay off. Why do I say that? Because literally the last three episodes just dumped the entire storyline on our heads and it turns out that the entire show was about literally three (or four, arguably) characters and everyone else was useless. And the plot twist and resolution could have been seen light years away. The CGI was cringe-y, the action dialogue was cringe-y. At least the OPs and the EDs were good, but I much prefer the first OP over the second. In short, Aquarion is a terrible homage to the older mecha shows

Overall rating? I'd give it a 6 at my kindest.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Despite the fact I obviously enjoyed it more I can't disagree with a lot of what you've said, it was a messy kind of beautiful.

The sequel has a Mari Okida romance plot thrown into the melting pot. You're getting that if we ever meet again.
As a sadomasochist I am low-key hoping that we meet again LMFAO

Back