• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black or White?

Black version, or White version?

• Black version

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • White version

Votes: 20 66.7%

• Total voters

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Which version of the game did you purchase?
Did you buy both or only one?
Is there any reason you picked that one, or was it completely random?

Years
I did get both Black and White but Black is my main version of the two.

The main reason I picked Black over White was due to me liking the version exclusives better than White's. (I just had to have Reshiram and Gothitelle!)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I got White, but I actually didn't buy the game. My girlfriend got it for me for Christmas, but it's good because she knew I liked White better than Black :P

Years
I got White Version, based on the premise that if my cousin ended up getting a 5th gen game, he was going to get Black (we usually play through at the same time, but aside from HG/SS, we always seemed to have the same version, so I figured it would be best to go with the opposite of him).

WildDevon

XXX
Years
Got white because I thought everyone else would get black. Plus Zekrom's types are better than just having a lame Fire Breathing Dragon.

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
I got pokemon black because my friends told me it was the better choice. I don't regret it :3

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2013
I got Black because I totally love Reshiram! I was annoyed that you couldn't get Braviary without trading though.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I got White and I like it because of White Forest, Reuniclus and Braviary. I like Black too for futuristic settings of Opelucid City, so I picked both.

Years
I got white because I liked the look of Zekrom. Still not sure why the Black legendary was in the White game, but I suppose that's just another mystery set down by the PokeDevelopers.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I got Black, and in turn Black 2, because I preferred the technological focus over the nature one - simple as that.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I chose black because I prefered Reshiram but I didn't spoil too much about the game to know that White had more of my favorite pokemon :P xD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I couldn't find Pokemon Pearl today, I decided to buy White version, I already have Black 2, and wanted to buy the original Unova game, so I went with White.

ArcanineIsDaBomb

Arcanine + Golurk
Years
I bought white, and white only! I went with it mainly based on the version exclusives. I preferred zekrom to reshiram, and I desperately wanted a reuniclus, (and hated gothitelle) and I think I didn't really care about the other version exclusives XD. Now I wish I had thought it through better!

-Golurk

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I bought White because I was curious about White Forest. When it said that you'd find some rare Pokemon there, I just gotta find out which ones. xD

Back